Quantcast

Light skin women you are not a victim of colorism

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
@ the bold -- not if you're Black and you're proud of being Black. I know if I were one of the darkest of the darks, I'd not only welcome midnight but would also welcome the food reference for that shade -- burnt and crispy -- considering Black people talk food, hence the caramel, chocolate and other food references we use. I'd wear that sh!t on a teeshirt.
View attachment 2331687

No way would I be sitting up on the internet crying dark tears all over the place because of the complexion I came out to be.
View attachment 2331689

So if they're burdened by their complexion, that's on them and only them. *shrugs*

That said, the only colourism that I acknowledge is the (1) whites systematic white colourism that was started shortly after slavery ended, for the sole purpose of using it as a way of control on us. It wasn't about looks and likes, but about control since the slaves having been set free, they no longer could use race to control them the way they did during slavery. And (2) the Black colourism that was started shortly after that one around 1900 where they set anyone lighter than a paper bag is ls, putting all of the complexions that didn't make it in before that bag lock, in the same boat, that boat being you're not ls'd.

All that *someone called me a name* because I'm dark bµllsh!t that social media folks whine about in the name of colourism, I do not acknowledge because kids, then as they become adults, tease and name call, even bully in their commission of teasing and name calling. If you were the fat kid, the skinny kid, the short kid, the tall kid, the kid with very, very short hair, the kid who wore glasses, the kid who wore old clothes, the kid who was bucktooth, knockneed, the list goes on and on. Folks tease and get teased whatever there is about you that stands out -- they do it on here constantly, always calling Black folks ugly so no, I don't put or acknowledge any ism on that.

Bye girl. You're just another gas lighter.

Rhett

LSA's full-raised well-raised bastid is TransLion
Reaction score
Reactions
89,573 6,200 5,146
Alleybux
Bye girl. You're just another gas lighter.
You wanna be gaslit, but I won't oblige you with it. Y'all just LOVE to argue, fuss, fight and name call, and then when someone calls you angry, you're stumped like the fµck on "where'd they get that from.

I LOVE bye, so, bye back atcha.

My posts are not open for discussion -- my truth is mine and, y'alls is y'alls L-Willie.

Overitall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
169,940 6,762 4,422
Alleybux
We need two Black Communities, it's the only way.

One that honors and exalts the ORIGINAL BLACK WOMAN

And leave this current one to what it is.

Anybody with a problem exalting the Original BROWN/DARK woman in the Black Community is anti Black and needs to stay in the current Lack Black Community (that aint about sh!t, i wonder why- rhetorical).

It aint about sh!t because it focuses on all the wrong things and either ignores or sh!ts on the real things, Black Values.

God, Education, Hard Work, Humility, Modesty

I've dropped out of Lack Black Community as its focus is B.S. and it's very dishonest, eta Demonic.

All this placating and compromising is part of the dishonesty.

There is a such thing.as a Black.Woman who is wrongly occupying her seat IS NOT.

And that's why the community has gone to sh!t and will continue to until our Queen is placed on her throne. So it's a wrap as they have socialized us to hate the TRUE Black Woman. The only One capable to lead. And love our Community, the real Black community (that the lack community doesn't.care about).
The lack community will destroy and have destroyed Black America. It wants the Fruit while shitting on the Root. We won't last. Unless there is a drastic course correction.

Overitall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
169,940 6,762 4,422
Alleybux
What corrections must be done?

For 1 Black children (and adults) need to see Black Women on TV (the most powerful medium of progranming/learning) POSITIVELY.

Not as a sidekick, not as a hoe, but standing tall.

The community must respect her image and protect it from degradation and disrespect but the favorite pastime of the world is shitting on Unambiguous Black Women and making her the footstool of others.

We have to learn to protect our children (and ourselves) from the current media.

And Black Values must be the foundation of everything, its not and those currently exalted sh!t all over them.

At this rate, we won't make it and some don't want to they want to swirl it all away. Anti Blackness is embedded in the psyche of most bp at this point.

And So much more. But from what I can see bp have been so demoralized they don't want to exist anymore.

Mipsaf

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,688 4,421 2,485
Alleybux
For 1 Black children (and adults) need to see Black Women on TV (the most powerful medium of progranming/learning) POSITIVELY.

Not as a sidekick, not as a hoe, but standing tall.

The community must respect her image and protect it from degradation and disrespect but the favorite pastime of the world is shitting on Unambiguous Black Women and making her the footstool of others.

We have to learn to protect our children (and ourselves) from the current media.

And Black Values must be the foundation of everything, its not and those currently exalted sh!t all over them.

At this rate, we won't make it and some don't want to they want to swirl it all away. Anti Blackness is embedded in the psyche of most bp at this point.

And So much more. But from what I can see bp have been so demoralized they don't want to exist anymore.
Have you seen The Equalizer starring Queen Latifah?

What can be done to get most BP on board IRL through interactions and not just media?

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
I am a lsw. I was spit on and called the n word just like a dsw would. I often found myself alone cause the ds women I tried to be friends with hated me cause I was light and thought I was a certain way. Which I wasn’t. I was brought up to love and respect everyone. We are all black. We have our struggles , different but we still struggle. Ds people shouldn’t see light skinned people as a threat and have hatred toward them. Ds people are blessed their skin doesnt show too many marks on your skin that show. You are beautiful

Mipsaf

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,688 4,421 2,485
Alleybux
I am a lsw. I was spit on and called the n word just like a dsw would. I often found myself alone cause the ds women I tried to be friends with hated me cause I was light and thought I was a certain way. Which I wasn’t. I was brought up to love and respect everyone. We are all black. We have our struggles , different but we still struggle. Ds people shouldn’t see light skinned people as a threat and have hatred toward them. Ds people are blessed their skin doesnt show too many marks on your skin that show. You are beautiful
Uh, no one is discounting your experiences with discrimination. Look up the definition of colorism - nothing you stated applies.

MoodyD

"I am" & sugar-free
Reaction score
Reactions
10,417 784 1,015
Alleybux
From my experience, I've never heard anyone being insulted for having lighter skin...
Bro I get called a Simpson’s character every other day.
I’ve been told that’s that light skinned shxt, along w my child.
Darker people forever try me w verbal abuse of making it known I’m super fair skinned (not mixed at all) and not like them w shade and unnecessary comments.

You weird heauxes on both sides of the spectrum need help. None of you will ever invalidate our experiences— on either side so just stfu

MoodyD

"I am" & sugar-free
Reaction score
Reactions
10,417 784 1,015
Alleybux
Y’all aren’t the only victims, get over it. Y’all think y’all can invalidate other people’s experiences and still want them to validate and consider yours.

TUH.
They have snowflake syndrome. Wrong is wrong idc what side it is from

Overitall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
169,940 6,762 4,422
Alleybux
Have you seen The Equalizer starring Queen Latifah?

What can be done to get most BP on board IRL through interactions and not just media?
I love the Queen. Back from U N I T Y, WHO YOU CALLING A B?! See how far we've strayed.

I plan to watch it, thanks for reminding me. I don't have Tv, internet only, but I did see that I could download or something to watch. Ill fiddle again so that I can. Love her.

Most are under mind control these days so iono. They won't think, can't think iono because again I have a strong mind so i can't speak or prescribe for the weak minded.

I think repetition (as that is how they got under mind control) and self love (as again the current demontime Overspewer was installed and anchored in the pain anf insecurities of BW which they dont want to confront). They are like babies sucking on a pacifier, as long as they Stan they dont have to deal with their issues. And are rewarded so iono.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,534 69 27
Alleybux
You can't have it both ways.

A light skin woman can't tell a dark skin woman about her experiences tied to skin tone.
A dark skin woman can't tell a light skin woman about her experiences tied to skin tone.

Anyone pretending that colorism isn't a 2 way street is delusional.

SAY IT AGAIN. i'm so over black people not addressing the other side of colorism

Mipsaf

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,688 4,421 2,485
Alleybux
I love the Queen. Back from U N I T Y, WHO YOU CALLING A B?! See how far we've strayed.

I plan to watch it, thanks for reminding me. I don't have Tv, internet only, but I did see that I could download or something to watch. Ill fiddle again so that I can. Love her.

Most are under mind control these days so iono. They won't think, can't think iono because again I have a strong mind so i can't speak or prescribe for the weak minded.

I think repetition (as that is how they got under mind control) and self love (as again the current demontime Overspewer was installed and anchored in the pain anf insecurities of BW which they dont want to confront). They are like babies sucking on a pacifier, as long as they Stan they dont have to deal with their issues. And are rewarded so iono.
Consider DMing me anytime.

gigilove

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
863 15 7
Alleybux
From my experience, I've never heard anyone being insulted for having lighter skin...
I have some family members that are mixed race and their white family call them dirty white girls/boys. It may come more so from white people.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,833 340 89
Alleybux
Reading through this thread this morning has been really interesting. I’m what might be called “safe brown” but living in Louisiana I was constantly trashed by my classmates because of my skin tone. I usually just laughed it off because of how stupid they sounded. It was mainly boys. Most who were much darker than I am. Lol But many of days I found myself wiping away my darker skinned cousin’s tears and assuring her she was beautiful. She’s always been dark skinned and slim with long plaits in her hair. So people would call her names like “black widow spider”,“burnt black”, “ugly”, “black slave” etc. people were straight evil to her. I’ve heard grown men and women insult her complexion while she was a child! Now she’s an adult, married, with kids. She tells me to this day that she wishes she was light skinned. It breaks my heart because she is absolutely gorgeous with beautiful dark skinned daughters. I hope and pray she is strong enough to teach them to love themselves. I’ve seen dark skinned women absolutely tortured and attacked because of their complexion.

Now I’m not trying to discredit the things LS women say they’ve dealt with but I’ve never in life seen a light skinned woman be treated the way darker skinned women are. That’s my truth. My family goes from light skinned to the point of almost looking white to really dark. I have never in life seen a light skinned woman cry and say she wished she was dark skinned because of how she’s been treated by her own people. Being called “Light Bright”, “Pale”, or “white”. Do not cause the same trauma. It just doesn’t.

I saw someone mentioned that being called “Midnight Black” or whatever only makes a person without pride in their complexion feel bad. Well how do we expect CHILDREN to feel pride in their dark complexion when it’s constantly being associated with negativity?

I honestly don’t expect all LS women to understand. Y’all might as well forget about it. Some get it and some just refuse to. I choose to focus my energy on helping and uplifting our sisters who need it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
1,936 430 394
Alleybux
Reading through this thread this morning has been really interesting. I’m what might be called “safe brown” but living in Louisiana I was constantly trashed by my classmates because of my skin tone. I usually just laughed it off because of how stupid they sounded. It was mainly boys. Most who were much darker than I am. Lol But many of days I found myself wiping away my darker skinned cousin’s tears and assuring her she was beautiful. She’s always been dark skinned and slim with long plaits in her hair. So people would call her names like “black widow spider”,“burnt black”, “ugly”, “black slave” etc. people were straight evil to her. I’ve heard grown men and women insult her complexion while she was a child! Now she’s an adult, married, with kids. She tells me to this day that she wishes she was light skinned. It breaks my heart because she is absolutely gorgeous with beautiful dark skinned daughters. I hope and pray she is strong enough to teach them to love themselves. I’ve seen dark skinned women absolutely tortured and attacked because of their complexion.

Now I’m not trying to discredit the things LS women say they’ve dealt with but I’ve never in life seen a light skinned woman be treated the way darker skinned women are. That’s my truth. My family goes from light skinned to the point of almost looking white to really dark. I have never in life seen a light skinned woman cry and say she wished she was dark skinned because of how she’s been treated by her own people. Being called “Light Bright”, “Pale”, or “white”. Do not cause the same trauma. It just doesn’t.

I saw someone mentioned that being called “Midnight Black” or whatever only makes a person without pride in their complexion feel bad. Well how do we expect CHILDREN to feel pride in their dark complexion when it’s constantly being associated with negativity?

I honestly don’t expect all LS women to understand. Y’all might as well forget about it. Some get it and some just refuse to. I choose to focus my energy on helping and uplifting our sisters who need it.
Being called “Light Bright”, “Pale”, or “white”. Do not cause the same trauma. It just doesn’t.
noone can tell light skin people these statements doesn't cause harm, it is because it has been normalize to call us out without any heat from us to g check people for saying this. its like an abusive relationship. since one say their life is harder, i suppose to take your verbal slights with no clapback because I'm perceive different. da fuk

all it does is make u all look inferior because it seems like everyone supposed to just take yalls sh!t without a clapback. in the hood it don't work that way, u call me out, I'm doing the same back. a lot of u gen z folks wouldn't be able to handle that smoke if light folks came at yall like u all do on and offline. it will hurt yall to the core if we came at your 4c hair or the unsymmentrical features. we don't so yall run with it cause u know we dont clapback like that.

WorkingGirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,330 154 74
Alleybux
I agree. I have had to deal with colorism. When I was younger, I definitely got bullied for having lighter skin. Funny thing is, I'm not even "high yellow," like many of my cousins. My skin is honey brown like Lori Harvey.

When I was about 8-years-old, I was walking down the street, and on the opposite side of the street a dark skinned, Black teenager yelled at me, "Who told you, you were Black?" WTF? I have two Black parents, two sets of Black grandparents, and this mofo questioned my blackness!

I also had to deal with silly b!tches calling me "Pocahontas," because I had long, dark hair.

Um, b!tch, that's not my name.

That sh!t was traumatic. People can be ignorant AF.
Being referred to as a Disney Princess really traumatized you?

JuliaLRK

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
706 33 24
Alleybux

I can totally relate to your cousin’s story. Growing up I became very insecure with my younger sister being biracial and me being a full black child. We both faced criticism and bullying but not in the same way and this eventually led to me starting to bleach my skin at age 17 and the lighter I got the nicer I got treated. Light skin women do in no way face the same evil that dark skin women go through.

CoacoaPuff95

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
87 6 4
Alleybux
Y’all don’t have to care about colorism or even respond to it. It’ll benefit you either way, so speaking over darker skin women is pointless. Y’all don’t really care and think them speaking on colorism is an attack on your existence. Y’all will act like colorism isn’t rampant and that y’all weren’t treated better by colorstruck people, family, coworkers, & love interest.
The responses in this thread make me worry about the dark skin girls that will be raised by a lot of y’all. That’s just my two cents. I know two many LS and LS biracial women, that get defensive before you even finish soeaking. Regarding colorism. That’s why I only talk about it with other DS women. And even the ones that benefit from having certain features act obtuse.

CoacoaPuff95

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
87 6 4
Alleybux
Also dark skin women are human beings as well. Stop weaponizing their expressions of emotions against them. I’m safe brown, and know that I am because many have made weird comments towards my features, from hair to complexion, to my sharp facial features. I wasn’t raised by weird colorist people, so I learned and revisited certain situations late. All the girls that bullied me were LS and LS biracial girls and women. But I don’t generalize them like y’all generalize dark skin women. Also black and Latino men aren’t my preferences so idc who prefers you. I’m not lacking suitors over here, just recognizing my experiences as a brown skin hunny.

I hate that y’all pretend to not use micro aggressions and stereotypes about DS women as a way to victimize yourselves. Y’all knew even as children and many played into your privileges. Most black people male and female will defend y’all’s fake victimhood.

LisaBonet

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,388 2,649 1,421
Alleybux

Mandaazi

New ID: Solarsexual
Reaction score
Reactions
60,397 2,970 1,392
Alleybux
It's amazing how obtuse some of you can be. Some of you sound like those "reverse racism" folks.

Systematically, dark skinned people are victims of colorism. For example, it has been studied that darker skinned black people receive higher prison sentences than lighter skinned black people. Although black people in general receive higher prison sentence, darker skin ADDS to that oppression.

You're really comparing THAT to some middle school bullying telling you that you're not black enough?? Really??

I'm not trying to invalidate anyones experiences but like I said, don't be obtuse and compare bullying to the added systematic oppression that dark skin people face.
None of those researches determines what being light nor dark skinned means, neither does it tell how the respondents fit the description of the defined darl/light skin person. Thank God it's also not clear because none of it has helped in erasing the issue...the highlighting of colourism has come with some good and some other negatives...one of the negatives being the constant questioning of someone being dark enough to speak about a certain experience...

FORMERLYKNOWNASPRINCE

The Real Tiffany
Reaction score
Reactions
24,879 612 227
Alleybux
i have no problem with that. just don't expect us to march for you when your bad son gets shot. and im bring malcolm x rosa parks, angela davis, etc. with us too. now what.
Wow I’ve been reading this thread and I had to stop here and just sat this is such a
thing to say. You do know why these people were appointed leaders of these movements right?

I mean look at Rosa parks story:

“The NAACP and other Black organizations felt Rosa Parks would be the better icon because she was an adult, she had the right hair and the right look. She was a middle-class Black woman, a person who had “natural gravitas” according to historian David Garrow, and was well-known and respected. Phillip Hoose, the author of Claudette Colvin: Twice Towards Justice, says that pragmatism pushed Rosa Parks to the fore since they Parks and Martin Luther King were in their 30s and 40s while Colvin was 15, so they felt like Rosa Parks could be the center of controversy and handle it well.

Colorism within the civil rights movement

Inaddition, Colvin (the original “Rosa parks”) was very dark-skinned, especially compared to Rosa Parks, which gave her low status in the local Black community. According to Younge, while whites discriminated against Blacks in terms of skin color, Blacks discriminated against Blacks in terms of skin shade — and the colorism within minority communities is still very present today.”

I’m going to continue reading this thread, but I just thought I should point out how gross and disgusting it is for you to stoop this low. To conclude that these ds women’s boys are being bad therefore deserving of being killed is exactly what most of these white cops and individuals were doing. You therefore are just as bad as the racists.

Also, there was a reason certain faces were chosen as the face of the civil rights movement. No it wasn’t because LS people were more active, instead was because the black community understood privilege lighter skinned black people had in society and in the community. When trying to move forward nationally, they fed into the privilege because it was there best way to invoke change.

I agree that light skinned ppl do experience bullying. But that bullying is side effect of colorism in black history and the black community. If there was never a distinction made that lighter was better and darker was less desirable, the bullying wouldn’t exist because everyone would be on the same page. But that’s not what happened. And to ignore that is willful ignorance.

Over history LS individuals were given exclusive privileges that ds people were not and are still not given. In women specifically that is usually the privilege of being racially unambiguous and or more desirable. Deemed Higher class, smarter, cleaner, more feminine, etc... For a long time LS people didn’t complain about that privilege, but instead deemed DS people’s disdain for it as jealousy. Which in turn created a rift in the black community. (Which is what white ppl wanted).

Instead of accepting and acknowledging there is privilege, LS people jump to the defense ie: you’re jealous, you’re mad they like us more, it’s not my fault... etc etc.

No it isn’t your fault. No one ever said it was. But, You can acknowledge colorism exists and that you benefit from it while also in the same breath addressing the benefits do not come without consequences.

I think it takes a lot of education to understand that this “bullying” is only a side effect of the rift wp put in the black community. Today, colorism is embedded in our culture and it is natural for darker skinned individuals to hold resentment or disdain toward a part of their community that exhibits privilege but negates to acknowledge it. Is it right for DS people to still bully these groups? No because it’s not you’re fault you’re light. But, to not educate yourself enough to understand this rift is not one of jealousy but one of trauma is extremely ignorant.

I think we can agree we have all dealt with sh!t and this shouldn’t be a competition on who’s the bigger victim. Instead it should be a discussion about how we as black people can look at the sh!t happening in our own communities and address them and move forward so that we are stronger together. And to do that we have to address the elephant in the room, colorism and how it primarily effects ds individuals negatively. And because of the trauma of those negative effects a rift has been created in the community which pits LS against DS. We have all done foul sh!t because of that rift, but in order to remedy it we gotta accept the facts. Colorism exists. DS individuals are negatively affected because of it. LS people and DS people have continued to perpetuate it for a long time. But now it’s time for us to address it and for that sh!t to stop.

Noodles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
105,359 2,439 1,920
Alleybux
Colorism literally means the preference for light skin over dark among black people. Yes, because you were light skinned you may have been a target of resentment from dark skinned girls but why? Because they had been told they were less valuable than you because of your light skin. Everyone suffers but it's not the same way both sides. It's like being hated because you are pretty. Sure it's unfair but come on, who would want to give up that privilege? I'm obviously not saying light skinned is prettier just that it's treated the same way. I'm speaking as light skinned myself.

Mamadab

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,471 1,512 682
Alleybux

Many of them will deny the reality of colorism because they think it's existence reflects on them as people. I am learning more and more about compartmentalizing who I engage with and what conversations we can have.There is nothing like talking with someone who understands and can adequately empathize with you.I feel like a lot of us just want to have a safe space where we can talk about our woes without constant undermining.

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
Y’all don’t have to care about colorism or even respond to it. It’ll benefit you either way, so speaking over darker skin women is pointless. Y’all don’t really care and think them speaking on colorism is an attack on your existence. Y’all will act like colorism isn’t rampant and that y’all weren’t treated better by colorstruck people, family, coworkers, & love interest.
The responses in this thread make me worry about the dark skin girls that will be raised by a lot of y’all. That’s just my two cents. I know two many LS and LS biracial women, that get defensive before you even finish soeaking. Regarding colorism. That’s why I only talk about it with other DS women. And even the ones that benefit from having certain features act obtuse.
It's sad when some of these women reproduce and have darker skinned daughters. I've heard countless stories of ls mothers brushing their daughters problems to the side

Jade52

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
172 75 133
Alleybux
Before anyone comes and gives me an attitude let me explain. I've noticed that when darker skinned women are talking about their experiences with colorism, many light skin women will interject and say how they are also a victim because they were called bourgie and bright yellow. Being called bourgie vs being called midnight black and ugly is very different. Some even gaslight their darker skinned counterparts and act like professional victims.

Many are complacent in colorism and will fight you for calling them out. When a darker skinned women is talking about her experiences, actually listen and don't listen to respond. Many of you will get upset, and that's too bad.

View attachment 2235156
some are called bleachers and that they look sick how is that not colorism? or scrutinizedwhen they lose a tan told they don't like themselves and want to be white or mixed btw by ds women so how is that not colorism?

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
some are called bleachers and that they look sick how is that not colorism? or scrutinizedwhen they lose a tan told they don't like themselves and want to be white or mixed btw by ds women so how is that not colorism?
No

CoacoaPuff95

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
87 6 4
Alleybux
Many of them will deny the reality of colorism because they think it's existence reflects on them as people. I am learning more and more about compartmentalizing who I engage with and what conversations we can have.There is nothing like talking with someone who understands and can adequately empathize with you.I feel like a lot of us just want to have a safe space where we can talk about our woes without constant undermining.
Absolutely, and many black women darker/lighter skinned have been attacked for trying to provide that safe space. It’s weird but our society and reality.

tzt2003

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,468 6,100 2,904
Alleybux
Does it really matter? We are all considered and looked at as black. We are in the same fight on the same side of the fence at the ens of the day. Dark skin, brown skin, light skin blacks have all contributed to society nearly the same. I think this argument is tired.

JoeDigler

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,428 888 1,396
Alleybux
Does it really matter? We are all considered and looked at as black. We are in the same fight on the same side of the fence at the ens of the day. Dark skin, brown skin, light skin blacks have all contributed to society nearly the same. I think this argument is tired.
It's beyond tired. DS BWs who support this thread just want to sulk in their trauma. LS BW who advocate for this nonsense or encouraging these sistas not to move past this trauma.Move on with your life bish. God damn. Don't nobody care about colorism but a certain percentage of Black folks. This sh!t ultimately will never get the traction you think it deserves. Move on with your life and just accept human beings for being the imperfect creatures that we are

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
Can you acknowledge colorism? Also, it's been proven light skin people get a bit of advantages than darker skinned people, i.e. prison and adoption

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
It's beyond tired. DS BWs who support this thread just want to sulk in their trauma. LS BW who advocate for this nonsense or encouraging these sistas not to move past this trauma.Move on with your life bish. God damn. Don't nobody care about colorism but a certain percentage of Black folks. This sh!t ultimately will never get the traction you think it deserves. Move on with your life and just accept human beings for being the imperfect creatures that we are
Oh look, another gaslighter. Good bye sir.

Jade52

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
172 75 133
Alleybux
that's actually way rougher than calling someone too dark. Because they aren't telling ds black women they shouldn't be ds just that they prefer something else. ds women on the other hand will make lighter women feel abnormal. Feel like something is wrong with their skin tone and that they look like bleachers they will ridicule them when they tan and say how much they don't look light skinned and when they realize they are light skinned they will deny it and claim they bleach. All the time no matter if tanned or not they will remind them they're not mixed and try to act like that's a goal these black light skinned women missed. They will try to put them below light skinned mixed women so those light skinned black women feel less than just like these ds black women feel about themselves. The craziest part to it is no one even makes the ds black woman feel bad about her complexion except ds black men and ds black women so I never understood why these ds women are hateful of black features of these other black women?