Little Women Atlanta on hiatus until July 2021

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,243 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
All credit to @windchaser for finding this information

With that, I will no longer be creating the threads anymore. I’ll have a 1 year old and a newborn by then (man makes plans and God laughs, trust), so I already know I won’t be keeping up with everything as I’m already struggling now. I look forward to participating when I can, but I’ll miss y’all the rest of this spring! LSA commentary really makes the show.

Credit to @yung.bae for the tag list!
@Ashy Larry @LonghornVicky @TacosAndHotDogs @CrithsSuitcase @Jonesingjay @stahristrash @Ashley Del Rey @Oda Mae Brown @WorkInProgress @UniquelyGemini @Neferneferuaten @LaBamba @7Million @Princessjones19 @TDiva @Andmetoo @Blubyrd @eatthiscupcake @windchaser @Sidney Prescott @UrFavoriteLatte @gitzy @Autumn Leaves @louisianaCREOLE @nikkiluv001 @SexercizeKylie @No1curr @WinnieThePooh @Sandiegogirl @locdempress @Mindbodyandspir @dixonpratt @crossm3138 @Absolvo @Lilly Ghalichi @gumbo @AstrologyHeaux @dollfacemania @TheLightWithin @FlawlessFierce @Kanyetta West @yellowpearl @Dymondprincess @MommyD @Loveyaself @MissClavel @Tocca @thefuture @Mysterion @CKtoPA @almath @woptmin @Rmodelboy @ambam1388 @GREENGRAPES @YAMIBOTHERED @borriello_jello @Pressley @Jackiefoxybrown @LieslAlbrecht @Elegantelephant @Teekayy92 @King B Giselle @BellariiaBee @DreamBussy @Fall Back @Mary Jane Paul @DeckFullAJokers @Roger Stone @Paradise @Born2BeQueen @sleekempress @Healthy4Life @Lilmisspriss @Esajian Watt @AWinston @PWFAN @HereAtLast @ImAPrettyGirl24 @Ayaan Sulie @Youmz @murphyL @kris_517@MelissaF @CC3 @sekeithia75 @BreNaturally @icewater @bustakita @blessedebony @SeriesENEC @Diggin da Shamy @Sobreviviente @Miss Alexis @deestyles @ValentineGirl81 @Neferneferuaten @BeautynSmartz @starling_75 @Bella Ella @BadBitchG4L @Mehndi @LetMeGuesaIT @MrsJeremyLin @populardemand @DahFuq @MissThugga @Dragon PoTATUM @Sugarbaker @Sh0w @PeaOfSweetness @supernormal @AngelCake3 @IceBreakers @Gidget911 @Chocolat3Decadence @Ultraviolet42 @CA Girl @NotW8n @EasilyMe @Allthistrash @ReignyDay @CookieCrook @Teezy @Queen Daenerys @JoanClayton @shademuse @DZA @Mademoiselle @flawlessnbrown @SoNastySoRude @Mercedes B. @3Dinner Rolls @whatwhatwhat03 @AlannaDonna @NMyOwnZone @0jobsidgt @Lurker5000 @Gysti @MsBayouBaby @Aliyap123 @Chandelier Arrington @T R I N I T Y @mpule @NaturalTresses7 @Boobie Miles @Vivalaboom @Tanya Stephens @KC92 @catsy88 @Kay66 @It Girl @Gallagher Misfit @Chanceq @madamelakam @CookieCrook @kris_517 @kenhay75 @Queen Soojung @WalkingOnADream @Maddieandme @Theysayimnicety @Belsetta @Desna @Mz. Judgement @DoublePlatinum @NewAgenda @Daryl Adjei @KarmasMisery @navybiboi @gitzy
@KarenKing
@ambam1388 @Miss Alexis
@Roger Stone
@MuffyCrosswire @NeonGreenccl
@stahristrash
@Mehndi
@ibrown23

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,518 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
Congrats OP on your new addition! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

I gotta catch up on this show. I haven't watched any episodes yet.

FunSizeB

A mind opened to everything & attached to nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
76,436 3,086 258
Alleybux
Hmmm I wonder why the break is so long. Anyways congratulations OP! Wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy

LaBamba

Reaction score
Reactions
251,243 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
It's the mid-season break. There's usually one, but this one seems kinda long.

Congrats on your pregnancy! Why is the break so long?

Hmmm I wonder why the break is so long. Anyways congratulations OP! Wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy

I personally think the long hiatus is due to the poor ratings. The highest viewed episode this season so far was the premiere, followed very closely by the episode memorializing Minnie. Neither episode had more than a half million viewers during its initial airing; contrasting that to previous seasons where the show regularly had 1 million+ viewers. I remember when the show debuted they were hailed for having the highest viewed series premiere in several years for Lifetime...

Anyways it seems like the writing was already on the wall when they moved it to the Friday night death slot, going head to head with the immensely popular Love after Lockup no less. They must have really been losing money though in ad time, hence going on hiatus until the summer. Summertime is known for cheap ad time because more often than not people are spending time outside in the heat and vacationing, not inside watching TV on a Friday night. As such, networks aren’t as worried about poor ratings as they’re not making much money anyways.

Long story short I’m pretty sure this will be the last season, and will wrap up the entire Little Women franchise.

And thanks everyone for the congratulations I really appreciate them :heart:

Subby

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,609 1,214 537
Alleybux
I personally think the long hiatus is due to the poor ratings. The highest viewed episode this season so far was the premiere, followed very closely by the episode memorializing Minnie. Neither episode had more than a half million viewers during its initial airing; contrasting that to previous seasons where the show regularly had 1 million+ viewers. I remember when the show debuted they were hailed for having the highest viewed series premiere in several years for Lifetime...

Anyways it seems like the writing was already on the wall when they moved it to the Friday night death slot, going head to head with the immensely popular Love after Lockup no less. They must have really been losing money though in ad time, hence going on hiatus until the summer. Summertime is known for cheap ad time because more often than not people are spending time outside in the heat and vacationing, not inside watching TV on a Friday night. As such, networks aren’t as worried about poor ratings as they’re not making much money anyways.

Long story short I’m pretty sure this will be the last season, and will wrap up the entire Little Women franchise.

first of all, congratulations!

Second, yeah, you’re right. This’ll be the last season of LW it seems. Though it’s odd that they decided to commit a 2-hour block to a show that would be getting canceled...

ambam1388

The Flamingo Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
136,859 2,600 540
Alleybux
It's like you knew why I was coming. I wonder if they're filming some more? It would be weird to pause an already delayed season but like everyone else said, I think this is the last season and they just don't care anymore.

Ps: congrats on the new addition!

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,457 2,981 249
Alleybux
I really think the Minnie episode should’ve been the last ,they filmed January -March 2021 then they started back up in may and they filmed till November

Redemption Song

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,001 6,640 2,659
Alleybux

I knew without Minnie it was just a matter of time.

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,457 2,981 249
Alleybux
according to monie they are on paise because they haven’t did the confessionals for the red for the episodes that were filmed last summer and fall

LaBamba

Reaction score
Reactions
251,243 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
It’s July and I haven’t heard of any updates..

I had the same thought earlier but forgot to post here smh. It’s a foreboding sign for sure, 10 days into the month and no word of an air date. I posted in another thread a while back that I hope they don’t just drop the remaining episodes on a random day at 3am (Lifetime has done that before with another show I watched). I’m hoping they’re taking this time to give both the cast and the audience a solid series, overall franchise really, finale.

They filmed a reunion back in May so… yeah.

Subby

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,609 1,214 537
Alleybux
this doesnt make sense
if the show is about to be cancelled, why did they produce that after-show with Loni Love? Seems like a needless expense for a “cancelled” show

sekeithia75

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,269 529 180
Alleybux
I had the same thought earlier but forgot to post here smh. It’s a foreboding sign for sure, 10 days into the month and no word of an air date. I posted in another thread a while back that I hope they don’t just drop the remaining episodes on a random day at 3am (Lifetime has done that before with another show I watched). I’m hoping they’re taking this time to give both the cast and the audience a solid series, overall franchise really, finale.

They filmed a reunion back in May so… yeah.

Those legs!

Big Ellie

Formerly Mrs Jeremy Lin
Reaction score
Reactions
171,791 6,621 1,530
Alleybux
Dont tell me that lifetime just took our munchkins and punted them like some footballs

Lets hope lifetime is going to air the rest of the episodes in the fall?

And I still cant believe they canceled little women LA

I wonder what big head Tara and her annoying ass husband are going to do for coins?
Back to being a mini Britney Spears impersonator

CrithsSuitcase

Luggage Model of the Year
Reaction score
Reactions
46,400 630 34
Alleybux
Dont tell me that lifetime just took our munchkins and punted them like some footballs

d56a4ee249c4bd8e9a133e6cdf801a9f.gif

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,457 2,981 249
Alleybux
I honestly think whatever they taped late 2020 and right now should be used for season 7 or a season 6.2 …the ratings have been terrible + juicy looks like shes over it and abira said in a interview that her two oldest dont like her being on the show and ai remember reading comments on youtube and the taco twin stans calling that beautiful girl ugly smh

Wikolia

Free Yourself.
Reaction score
Reactions
32,892 4,838 109
Alleybux
The show will be returning on August 26th at 8PM.

It looks like Lifetime might be burning this season off?

They have 2 episodes airing 8/26. The first episode is scheduled to take up 2 hours. Then they have a second new episode airing the same night at 10PM.

ruPAUL86

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,314 2,140 1,102
Alleybux
Lifetime moves so funny. They literally have no original programming but they start canceling shows. They deleted the married to millions page of their website when they could’ve just cut Bill and bre

Retired

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
73,597 3,538 2,579
Alleybux
We have a trailer! Is it good or bad that they switched from Fridays to Thursdays?

Not bad at all. I’m sure it still won’t help the ratings that much and airing a time block isn’t ideal either! When the season started I was exhausted by time the episode(s) and after show aired. I think they’re going the same route to finish off the next half of the season.

Happy they’re back though! I don’t care if they get canceled or return for a new season. I’m gonna miss Minnie and her damn antics

Subby

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,609 1,214 537
Alleybux
so 2 hour episodes, back to back, + after-show with Loni.
Thats a lot of airtime for a "cancelled" show!