Quantcast

Londoners - what do you think of Shaun Bailey as the next mayoral candidate/mayor of London?

Selah

selah tape
Reaction score
Reactions
88,841 2,917 1,422
Alleybux
.Conservative MP (not a Tory his distinction
.Serves on the London Assembly
.Formerly the special adviser to David Cameron on youth and crime
.Jamaican background - grew up in West London

Bilkis6th

Blessed
Reaction score
Reactions
72,846 2,269 1,246
Alleybux
The fact that is a conservative is a bad thing
I would look at his programme
But he could be the worst type

Reaction score
Reactions
103,600 2,878 5,785
Alleybux
And he’s Jamaican too?

It’s a no from me dawg. Lol. Just kidding.

Even with the Labour Party, I just don’t know about any of these ppl. Trust no one

Covfefe

In the end, we win.
Reaction score
Reactions
373,920 24,996 3,031
Alleybux
He's a Conservative MP so I'm not voting for him.

I don't like Sadiq very much, but dude is Labour, so he has my vote for that reason only.

Covfefe

In the end, we win.
Reaction score
Reactions
373,920 24,996 3,031
Alleybux
Guys, don't fall for the okey dokey. He might be black, but he's a Tory. He can say all he likes that he isn't a Tory and that he is just a Conservative MP, but he could have gone to Labour, or the Lib Dems, but he chose to work for the Conservatives. F*ck them and anyone who votes for them.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,064 101 32
Alleybux
idiotic **** - I say idiotic because his stupid ass got finessed by the Tories. If you're gonna be on that side, at least be successful

gelling234

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,517 3,702 293
Alleybux
I'll vote for him. I like some of his ideas.:good

Some b!tch ass Labour council woman had the audacity to label him a "ghetto boy" with little push back.:angry5

But is his wife white?:smilebig:wink7

Selah

selah tape
Reaction score
Reactions
88,841 2,917 1,422
Alleybux
but he chose to work for the Conservatives. F*ck them and anyone who votes for them.
Because of his values. The older I get, the more I understand stories like his; can’t lie.

Some b!tch ass Labour council woman had the audacity to label him a "ghetto boy" with little push back.:angry5

See it deh? Forget them all.

Last edited:

sun cow

aesthete | ˈesˌTHēt
Reaction score
Reactions
18,239 1,203 153
Alleybux
I don’t see myself voting Conservative in any election but he stands a serious chance if Sadiq Khan continues to do the bare minimum when it comes to tackling youth violence. On a different note, I think it’s good that there are some black Tories, even if I don’t like them as politicians. Labour takes the black vote for granted.

misscouture

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,945 673 218
Alleybux
Anyone have tea on this guy?

Had a very working class upbringing according to Wiki - graduated from southbank uni, worked as a security guard, long term unemployment, committed burglary e.t.c.

How on earth did he start rubbing shoulders with the Cameron and BoJo?

I'm baffed.

I cant stand him.

Xxcooxx

Ceecee
Reaction score
Reactions
1,689 49 36
Alleybux

She is white.

I can’t stand this **** man. Any black person who supports the Tories must not love themselves

Smaddyone

Guh suh
Reaction score
Reactions
94,699 4,424 2,747
Alleybux
No thanks

And hes got a mad little temper. I saw him on a debate show years ago, the question was something about his daughter, cant remember exactly what it was and his response was over the top 'i make the rules in my house'. Voice went all high

Tightly wound man, we dont need that

Rick Sanchez

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
287 10 1
Alleybux
How is he doing?

Terribly according to this poll:
Latest London Mayoral and General Elections Voting Intentions (6-8 March 2021) - Redfield & Wilton Strategies
After presenting the poll findings at an On London webinar earlier today, Redfield & Wilton Director of Research, Philip van Scheltinga, characterised Khan’s lead over Bailey as “devastating”.

This is also reflected in the current betting odds:
"We daren't use the word 'certainty' lightly in politics nowadays but the Betfair market signals pretty much imply that is the case in the race for Next London Mayor."
London Mayoral Election Betting: Is Sadiq Khan a certainty?

His main issues appear to be:
- People don't know who he is (see January 2021 poll: "Part of the problem seems to be the candidate, who 40% of those polled said they haven’t even heard of (compared with 51% who said they have). The same percentage say they know nothing about his policies.")
Sadiq Khan takes 21-point poll lead into 2021 and is on course for a record-breaking win - OnLondon

- His brand of conservatism is not palatable to some Londoners
- His campaign has made some false claims and produced arguably misleading literature

Belle14

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,616 773 161
Alleybux

Yup.

Ei_uUIMXkAAz3PN.jpg

Santanas

Citizen of the world
Reaction score
Reactions
35,450 1,821 1,929
Alleybux
Because of his values. The older I get, the more I understand stories like his; can’t lie.

See it deh? Forget them all.
Yeah this. My parents like him. When I was a teen and in my early 20s I was much more left leaning, I was anti monarchy just because and thought "conservative" was evil. I started to re think things a couple of years ago and morph into my parents ;) The left liberal ideals are white and western anyway, most cultures are a little conservative. I hate racist and extreme conservatives but I'd like a common sense, black and moderate conservative mayor. Much rather than a white extreme liberal or marxist one caught up in their middle class navel gazing.

Santanas

Citizen of the world
Reaction score
Reactions
35,450 1,821 1,929
Alleybux
No thanks

And hes got a mad little temper. I saw him on a debate show years ago, the question was something about his daughter, cant remember exactly what it was and his response was over the top 'i make the rules in my house'. Voice went all high

Tightly wound man, we dont need that
And yet so many support Meghan who is the narcissistic drama queen of narcissistic drama queens, also married white, and of all the white guys she could choose, she chose a racist, uneducated one from the British Royal Family, whose mother is a direct descendent from slaver owners and whose father's family has direct ties to colonialism. Meghan is also white passing and has always dated white guys, only had white friends, lived a priviliged life etc...
Sometimes I feel people are harder on black people than on biracial ones.

Santanas

Citizen of the world
Reaction score
Reactions
35,450 1,821 1,929
Alleybux
Anyone have tea on this guy?

Had a very working class upbringing according to Wiki - graduated from southbank uni, worked as a security guard, long term unemployment, committed burglary e.t.c.

How on earth did he start rubbing shoulders with the Cameron and BoJo?

I'm baffed.

I cant stand him.
Maybe because of values. You know, the rhetoric I see here, I see pure racism thrown against him in this thread. Are black people not allowed to be conservative?! White people have all kinds of ideologies, liberal, marxist, conservative etc and they don't police eachother that they all have to think the same and vote for the same party. Maybe he stands for a modern conservatism and just like family values. Black people don't have to be marxist, I don't know why some people think that is a good idea to push or why it is progressive to shame other black people with racism for having other values than the left-liberals...

saywhatyouwant

Melaninaire
Reaction score
Reactions
124,571 5,835 617
Alleybux
Maybe because of values. You know, the rhetoric I see here, I see pure racism thrown against him in this thread. Are black people not allowed to be conservative?! White people have all kinds of ideologies, liberal, marxist, conservative etc and they don't police eachother that they all have to think the same and vote for the same party. Maybe he stands for a modern conservatism and just like family values. Black people don't have to be marxist, I don't know why some people think that is a good idea to push or why it is progressive to shame other black people with racism for having other values than the left-liberals...

Black people can be as socially conservative as they like but political conservatism in the UK favours upper class white people more than anyone else. People are allowed to point out that certain ideologies actively work against certain groups of people.

And of course in the Western world, white people can follow any path they want. The UK is a white country, almost any political stance will benefit them in some way or at the very least, not actively harm them.

As for Shaun, he's out of touch when it comes to problems real people face like most Tories. This man really said homeless people in London could save £5,000 to buy a home. a] where will they get the money from? and b] what home in London can you get for £5,000 without government help? Many working people can't even save enough for a London property.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
6,866 806 207
Alleybux
Black people can be as socially conservative as they like but political conservatism in the UK favours upper class white people more than anyone else. People are allowed to point out that certain ideologies actively work against certain groups of people.

And of course in the Western world, white people can follow any path they want. The UK is a white country, almost any political stance will benefit them in some way or at the very least, not actively harm them.

As for Shaun, he's out of touch when it comes to problems real people face like most Tories. This man really said homeless people in London could save £5,000 to buy a home. a] where will they get the money from? and b] what home in London can you get for £5,000 without government help? Many working people can't even save enough for a London property.

He's totally out of touch. Not just with black people, but working class people in general.

Anytime any of these black and Asian Tories speak I have this theme playing in my head:

TheZoilist

─── ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ───
Reaction score
Reactions
31,399 839 156
Alleybux
he’s fully an uncle ruckus; his biggest hits:

Tory candidate for London mayor suggested in 2010 that young mothers push people who ‘do right thing’ down housing ladder

Shaun Bailey: Tory mayoral candidate says universal income would be used for drugs

I've more in common with a white kid from Dagenham than a black kid from Hampstead', says Shaun Bailey

He wrote that "a culture of dependency rules the working class"

"This liberal agenda hasn’t benefited the working class," the pamphlet added.

"The working class look to rules. The rules are important to them. Take away the rules and they are left in limbo.

"So they form their own: the kind which are driven by pop economics. Then they get into crime – because it’s more acceptable – it’s more readily done."

"If a girl appeals to one that way, she’ll appeal to all of them.

"She’ll tend to have been around."

Despite being raised alone by his Jamaican mother, he has also been accused of derogatory comments about single mothers and immigrants.

In 2006, he told MPs that teenage girls in his community viewed getting pregnant as a “career choice” in order to claim benefits.

He was a No10 crime aide while Tories made £76m cuts to London's police.

I’m too lazy to source everything, but y’all can google it. He’s straight garbage. I don’t agree with everything sadiq khan does, he’s definitely a slimey politician, but he seems like a decent person outside of that

VeryEasy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,108 658 587
Alleybux
I don’t see myself voting Conservative in any election but he stands a serious chance if Sadiq Khan continues to do the bare minimum when it comes to tackling youth violence. On a different note, I think it’s good that there are some black Tories, even if I don’t like them as politicians. Labour takes the black vote for granted.
How exactly do you tackle youth crime when the Tory government cuts funding to every single thing in society that remedies it?

He's fighting a losing battle and it's very well known that the Tories purposefully underfund labour councils and give most booster funding to Tory ones.

DevaKenza

Could you be anyone but Deva?
Reaction score
Reactions
8,284 173 90
Alleybux
I don’t even need him to open his mouth to know that he’s a $oon like another font said, the fact he chose to join Conservative party should tell you everything.I’m voting for Sadiq Khan.

Kiiii you guys found his wife/girlfriend

DevaKenza

Could you be anyone but Deva?
Reaction score
Reactions
8,284 173 90
Alleybux
he’s fully an uncle ruckus; his biggest hits:

Tory candidate for London mayor suggested in 2010 that young mothers push people who ‘do right thing’ down housing ladder

Shaun Bailey: Tory mayoral candidate says universal income would be used for drugs

I've more in common with a white kid from Dagenham than a black kid from Hampstead', says Shaun Bailey

He wrote that "a culture of dependency rules the working class"

"This liberal agenda hasn’t benefited the working class," the pamphlet added.

"The working class look to rules. The rules are important to them. Take away the rules and they are left in limbo.

"So they form their own: the kind which are driven by pop economics. Then they get into crime – because it’s more acceptable – it’s more readily done."
"If a girl appeals to one that way, she’ll appeal to all of them.
"She’ll tend to have been around."

Despite being raised alone by his Jamaican mother, he has also been accused of derogatory comments about single mothers and immigrants.

In 2006, he told MPs that teenage girls in his community viewed getting pregnant as a “career choice” in order to claim benefits.

He was a No10 crime aide while Tories made £76m cuts to London's police.

I’m too lazy to source everything, but y’all can google it. He’s straight garbage. I don’t agree with everything sadiq khan does, he’s definitely a slimey politician, but he seems like a decent person outside of that
Omg this guy is absolutely finished, I knew it!! Thankyou for posting this.

dodgy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,862 434 117
Alleybux
The Tories are cutting the guy off from campaign funds. He's just a thick token who got used and thrown out. I'm sure they'll be moving on to that Lawerence Fox guy

Snowbunny1

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
1,690 250 743
Alleybux
I will not be voting for this criminal, he knows gentrifying of Zone 1 areas are in the plan. No more sh!tty council blocks, I am all for the gentrification. Make London Great Again.

NewPeasant

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
7,087 1,252 2,368
Alleybux
I will not be voting for this criminal, he knows gentrifying of Zone 1 areas are in the plan. No more sh!tty council blocks, I am all for the gentrification. Make London Great Again.
Again. What is it with you whites parading on black forums to spout anti black horseshit. You're so fµck!ng disturbed.