Quantcast

Lorde appreciation/discussion thread

Pure Heroine

The culture is lit and I had a ball
Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Making a thread for the queen of alt-pop who's responsible for some of the greatest albums of all time, one of the most talented and unique artists of her generation, Miss Ella Yelich-O'Connor aka Lorde.

2c3f139f5b3cce9a834c0bac57fa18a1.gif

tumblr_om7cw5JD4z1sjgow8o1_400.gifv

Stanning this b!tch is difficult because she doesn't use social media anymore and lives in the middle of nowhere, but she does send emails out to her fans every now and then (I recommend signing up to her mailing list, she writes so beautifully).

lorde-gif-1489526716.gif

Haters: keep your "she's old", "she's ugly", "one-hit wonder" comments to yourselves, IDGAF. She minds her own business and is a complete sweetheart.

C970wJ2.png

Hunny did that at the age of 20 with just her second album, after getting a Diamond record and 2 Grammy's when she was 16...no wonder David Bowie called her the future of music!

Hdkj.gif

For those curious:

• She didn't "disappear" after Royals, she had a successful album in 2017 called Melodrama which was incredible and everything a pop record should be. Songs I recommend: Sober, Supercut, The Louvre, Liability (if you want to cry) - basically just go listen to the whole thing!
  • Her next album is coming out in 2021. She's working with Jack Antonoff again, as well as Malay (produced for Frank Ocean's Blonde).

Anyway I think this thread will be quiet until L3 comes out. If you're a Lorde stan, welcome! What's your favourite song(s)? I can't choose one.

Jen Lawrence

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,356 31 20
Alleybux
Yes!

I was JUST re-listening to Melodrama last night. I went to a show on the tour, and it changed my life. It was so good, ugh.

FemNoire

PerpetuallyBlooming
Reaction score
Reactions
97,319 4,074 1,349
Alleybux
My favorite songs and lines:

“If being strong’s your kind then I need help here with this feather. If being afraid is a crime we hang side by side....- Swinging party. Although I think it’s a remake I’m stilling giving sis the creds.

“And I’ve never felt more alone, it feels so scary getting old.” -Ribs. This song is pure FEELS!

“We ride the bus with our knees pulled in, people should see how we’re living.” -Buzzcut season.

“Only bad people live to see their likeness set in stone.” -Still Sane.

“All the double edged people and schemes, they make a mess then go home and get clean.” - World Alone. This line got me through some mess!

“Alone with the hard feelings of loveeee, I wish I believed you when you told me this was my home.” -Hard feelings/loveless

“I am my mothers child, I love you till my breathing stops I love you till you call the cops on me.” -Writer in the dark. For all you crazy hard loving heauxes!

“In my head I do everything right, when you call I forgive and not fight...” -Supercut. Roll down the windows sis and just vibe!!

“But your not what you thought you were.” -Liability reprised. I like this version better!

And lastly
“All the nights spent off our faces, trynna find these perfect places. What the f*ck are perfect places anyway?” -Perfect places.

Noting but bops! I saw her live and she was amazing!!

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
My favorite songs and lines:

“If being strong’s your kind then I need help here with this feather. If being afraid is a crime we hang side by side....- Swinging party. Although I think it’s a remake I’m stilling giving sis the creds.

“And I’ve never felt more alone, it feels so scary getting old.” -Ribs. This song is pure FEELS!

“We ride the bus with our knees pulled in, people should see how we’re living.” -Buzzcut season.

“Only bad people live to see their likeness set in stone.” -Still Sane.

“All the double edged people and schemes, they make a mess then go home and get clean.” - World Alone. This line got me through some mess!

“Alone with the hard feelings of loveeee, I wish I believed you when you told me this was my home.” -Hard feelings/loveless

“I am my mothers child, I love you till my breathing stops I love you till you call the cops on me.” -Writer in the dark. For all you crazy hard loving heauxes!

“In my head I do everything right, when you call I forgive and not fight...” -Supercut. Roll down the windows sis and just vibe!!

“But your not what you thought you were.” -Liability reprised. I like this version better!

And lastly
“All the nights spent off our faces, trynna find these perfect places. What the f*ck are perfect places anyway?” -Perfect places.

Noting but bops! I saw her live and she was amazing!!

LOVE!!! I also prefer the Liability Reprise!

I'm so glad younger kids are getting into her work. Team and Ribs go viral on Tiktok all the time.

I listened to Melodrama for the first time after I went through my own breakup...never felt so seen. I cried like a baby listening to Hard Feelings: "but I still remember everything, how we'd drift buying groceries, how you'd dance for me..." The way she captures emotions is unreal.

I have to see her live someday. I just have to.

tenor.gif

FemNoire

PerpetuallyBlooming
Reaction score
Reactions
97,319 4,074 1,349
Alleybux
LOVE!!! I also prefer the Liability Reprise!

I'm so glad younger kids are getting into her work. Team and Ribs go viral on Tiktok all the time.

I listened to Melodrama for the first time after I went through my own breakup...never felt so seen. I cried like a baby listening to Hard Feelings: "but I still remember everything, how we'd drift buying groceries, how you'd dance for me..." The way she captures emotions is unreal.

I have to see her live someday. I just have to.

tenor.gif
Hard feelings is just magical sis! And she was amazing live. Idk what she’s got going on that she can’t gives us some music!!! But I respect the artistry. I feel like Pure Heroine gives me autumn vibes and Melodrama and straight summer!

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Hard feelings is just magical sis! And she was amazing live. Idk what she’s got going on that she can’t gives us some music!!! But I respect the artistry. I feel like Pure Heroine gives me autumn vibes and Melodrama and straight summer!

I totally agree.

I get so frustrated sometimes lol, but I think she just wants to live a normal life in her home country instead of being tied down by the industry and its demands. She was only 16 when she became so famous and I think that was really overwhelming (as well as always getting clowned by grown adults online).

In an interview she said she never expected Royals to blow up and even if she never has such a successful song again she doesn't mind. She takes her art so seriously and it shows.

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Fav songs are the louvre/Ribs/Hard feelings. Melo is one of my fav all time albums.
tumblr_pb0gt4B8im1r0msi2o2_500.gifv

tumblr_p03xcw2ROp1rgcezto5_r1_500.gifv

LX64xyT.gif

You're a Lana stan, so of course you have taste...Miss Grant is messy esp since she came for Lorde but she makes good music.

FemNoire

PerpetuallyBlooming
Reaction score
Reactions
97,319 4,074 1,349
Alleybux
I totally agree.

I get so frustrated sometimes lol, but I think she just wants to live a normal life in her home country instead of being tied down by the industry and its demands. She was only 16 when she became so famous and I think that was really overwhelming (as well as always getting clowned by grown adults online).

In an interview she said she never expected Royals to blow up and even if she never has such a successful song again she doesn't mind. She takes her art so seriously and it shows.
Very true, I hate how people fear her down for her looks. Saying she looks old and all that stuff. It’s the same reason why Billie Eillish dresses the way she does because people stay scrutinizing women for our appearance and not focus on our talents.

World Alone got me through some thangs!! I was in beauty school at the time surrounded by yt b*tches and it was miserable. The line about double edged people summed up how these people moved.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,056 6
Alleybux
i’ve been waiting for this thread omg!!! both her albums have defined really important times in my life. it’s like she knows the perfect time to release an album lol. she’s so fµck!ng talented and underrated as an artist, but one of my favorites ever. i wish i could see her in concert too :cry:

Mrs Darcy

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
10,009 50 2
Alleybux
Im here ! Melodrama was an amazing albulm, cant believe people are always sleeping on it.

Writer in the dark stays on repeat.

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
i’ve been waiting for this thread omg!!! both her albums have defined really important times in my life. it’s like she knows the perfect time to release an album lol. she’s so fµck!ng talented and underrated as an artist, but one of my favorites ever. i wish i could see her in concert too :cry:

Yayy!!! I love how you put that! Her music has defo soundtracked some important moments in my life, too. It's a shame she's so underrated.

Im here ! Melodrama was an amazing albulm, cant believe people are always sleeping on it.

Writer in the dark stays on repeat.

I swear the first time I heard that chorus I froze.

"I am my mother's child, I'll love you til my breathing stops..."

tenor.gif

I have a feeling the next album is gonna have some similar reactions, especially since her pet dog died and she was devastated by it.

youngpopari

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,514 271 70
Alleybux
Hi. I didn’t expect to see this thread around here but I’m glad it exists.

My fav Lorde song is 400 Lux.

I think Magnets with Disclosure is extremely underrated.

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Hi. I didn’t expect to see this thread around here but I’m glad it exists.

My fav Lorde song is 400 Lux.

I think Magnets with Disclosure is extremely underrated.

400 Lux is so good! And I also love Magnets. I wish she did more collabs lmao.

TMZ1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,089 1,175 1,090
Alleybux
Just popped in to say i LOVE this b!tch!!! ) That's how I refer to her after hearing TEAMS as in "THIS b!tch!!... ". "oKAY b!tch???"

love ha!

eta: hard feelings, rib, liability reprised, ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
8,003 63 13
Alleybux
I just finished listening to Melodrama after my recent breakup. Liability and Writer in the Dark, whew!!! I’m excited for her new music. I miss her!!!

SheaButterGirl

Reiner Braun' s Wife
Reaction score
Reactions
7,293 232 68
Alleybux
Supercut really will have you flash backing to all the good moments in your toxic relationship, romanticizing them, and then crying because of the way things really were.

That song is an EXPERIENCE!

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Supercut really will have you flash backing to all the good moments in your toxic relationship, romanticizing them, and then crying because of the way things really were.

That song is an EXPERIENCE!

The fact that the guy who invented the term "Supercut" listened to the song and loves it is soo cute! The outro breaks my heart..

youngpopari

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,514 271 70
Alleybux
Y’all remember this Lorde serve from 2016 ? I think this is her best red carpet look. She looks so much better when she’s styled more young like. She was in her bag.

upload_2020-11-19_5-5-38.jpeg

ED42B271-0101-42F0-B9FC-BBF933DCD140.jpeg

And then she took this sickening picture with the Swift siblings. They literally look like the characters of a modern day soap opera on The CW. I love the portrait so much.
18826EC6-CD76-4D95-A073-0C3838A3EC9A.jpg

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Y’all remember this Lorde serve from 2016 ? I think this is her best red carpet look. She looks so much better when she’s styled more young like. She was in her bag.

View attachment 2082407

View attachment 2082409

And then she took this sickening picture with the Swift siblings. They literally look like the characters of a modern day soap opera on The CW. I love the portrait so much.
View attachment 2082410

This look was iconic! Her and Taylor killed it together. The makeup was on point and made her face look warm.

This was cute, too

Lorde-2015-VMA-MTV-Video-Music-Award-After-Party-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Mary-Katrantzou-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO-1.jpg

youngpopari

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,514 271 70
Alleybux
This look was iconic! Her and Taylor killed it together. The makeup was on point and made her face look warm.

This was cute, too

Lorde-2015-VMA-MTV-Video-Music-Award-After-Party-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Mary-Katrantzou-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO-1.jpg
I agree about Taylor and Lorde.

Oh wow ! I had never seen this look. I love the style she has going on. It compliments her well.

lordly

well-known in the hysteria ward
Reaction score
Reactions
47,662 2,746 255
Alleybux
Did you guys get her email? I might buy her new book ‘Going South’

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Yeah I got it! What a pleasant surprise. I was wondering when we'd hear more about her Antarctica trip.

I really wanted album news lol but I'm glad she's sharing some stuff anyway.

Reaction score
Reactions
18,030 1,671 212
Alleybux
“We're never done with killing time
Can I kill it with you?
'Til the veins run red and blue
We come around here all the time
Got a lot to not do, let me kill it with you”
400 lux

I love that she wrote a song about wasting time

lordly

Reaction score
Reactions
47,662 2,746 255
Alleybux
SO there is an insider who has leaked a lot of stuff relating to artists, their album releases, singles, features whatever and she says that
Lorde is coming this month.
She has a song or the album is called "psychedelic"
it is 60/70s style.

these are leaks, could change / could not be true so take it with a grain of salt

lordly

Reaction score
Reactions
47,662 2,746 255
Alleybux
SO there is an insider who has leaked a lot of stuff relating to artists, their album releases, singles, features whatever and she says that
Lorde is coming this month.
She has a song or the album is called "psychedelic"
it is 60/70s style.

these are leaks, could change / could not be true so take it with a grain of salt

-- album is complete, release took longer than usual due to vinyls
-- 4 collabs, 3 women, 1 male.
-- 12 tracks + 2 bonus tracks
-- he says the album has 'new age hippie stoner' vibes

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
I totally neglected this thread, my bad. I actually keep up with the news on Twitter but always forget to post it here.

-- album is complete, release took longer than usual due to vinyls
-- 4 collabs, 3 women, 1 male.
-- 12 tracks + 2 bonus tracks
-- he says the album has 'new age hippie stoner' vibes

I saw this on Twitter, thank you for posting it here.

I can believe the genre claims, but I really doubt it has 4 features. If so, I will be very surprised. Especially since she's never had a feature on her albums before and has spoken about how she doesn't like the idea.

I am still so excited to see how it all sounds and how she does.

lordly

Reaction score
Reactions
47,662 2,746 255
Alleybux
alleged song titles;
Solar Power
Mood Ring
SATNS

solar power was posted on youtube yesterday though

sounds amazing

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Thats not Solar Power - that's "Sway", a song from way back in 2014 produced by Yoni Wolf. It's been on YouTube for years!

But yeah we have Solar Power, Mood Rings, and SATNS. Apparently SATNS is about her being a pothead, so I bet the title is "Smoking at the...".

Titles are kinda weird tho. Melodrama's song titles were rather basic in comparison but the songs slapped. I really hope the songs on L3 are good.

lordly

Reaction score
Reactions
47,662 2,746 255
Alleybux
GET UP

Lorde - Solar Power
2021/06/21 - 6pm GMT
Jack Antonoff, Ella Yelich O'Connor
3:12
Cover art: Nude/nude illusion of her peaches.

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
I came here to post this!!!!

RideOrDie has said this so far today on ATRL:

• Extremely summer-y, getting high on the beach album. My favourite track is #1 on the tracklist. Solar Power is #2 on the album."
  • 12 tracks + 2 bonus tracks . Not sure if she is gonna drop the 2 bonus tracks with the album or later.
  • Will be hugely acclaimed by the critics, some fans will be divided, the synth-bop stans will be disappointed and jump the ship, some complaints will be "all of the album sounds the same, there are no Green Lights or bangers", stoners will love this album, it's a mature natural direction for her to take, no teen drama or messiness, incredibly wise and confident, surprise background vocalists etc.
  • Beachy acoustic guitar psychedelic of the 70s, Beach Boys, The Beatles etc. Not the new electronic style of psychedelic.
  • It [the album?] will be visual, she has an art director on board

I'm really just going to wait and see how it turns out.

I'm still a bit disappointed she's working with Jack Antonoff again and that the album allegedly has Lana/NFR vibes. I was hoping for her to do something different. However, I do feel like Lorde is the kind of artist who can add her own unique twist on things and knows what she's doing. I hope the effort and time put into this album pays off!

(Also lol at her showing her booty on the artwork...girl...okay!)

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
The single artwork leaked...I won't post it here but it's for real, not just her cheeks but her entire punani lmfaooo. it's cute in a way

lordly

Reaction score
Reactions
47,662 2,746 255
Alleybux
The single artwork leaked...I won't post it here but it's for real, not just her cheeks but her entire punani lmfaooo. it's cute in a way
I just saw it now, its cute
coochie in full view

i didnt expect a cover like this from her tbh, im excited

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
Girl, I don't know if you're seeing this sh!t on Twitter but the song LEAKED. Her team accidentally uploaded it 5 hours early and then took it down a while later. It's a complete mess and it's obviously still making the rounds online.

This is a mess. 4 YEARS to prepare and this is the best they could do? And still not a peep from Lorde. I bet she's fuming.

The planned release date for the single was 21 June, the summer solstice. But because the cover art got leaked, and snippets of the song also got leaked yesterday, they moved the date forward to tonight (solar eclipse so still relevant). But her dumbass team uploaded it on Spotify/Apple Music in some countries.

lordly

Reaction score
Reactions
47,662 2,746 255
Alleybux
oh my god.. i really hope someone doesnt leak the whole album
the same thing happened to ariana and dua lipa

a whole mess, her team messing it up too, HOW DO YOU UPLOAD A SONG BEFORE ITS RELEASE TIME WTF??

Pure Heroine

Reaction score
Reactions
49,002 2,460 297
Alleybux
How are we feeling about this one guys?
I'm...kind of ambivalent...I want to like it so bad but I don't know. :/

I feel like it's disappointing when compared to the lush production on Green Light and the lyricism on Royals. Her weakest single for me and I sincerely hope the album itself is better.

The Culture

News Alley

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

Top Bottom