Quantcast

UPDATE Lovecraft Country Press Runsand Interviews by Cast/Showrunners etc.

NicoleT

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,389 23 4
Alleybux

G
reat interview. Jurnee face when they brought up tic and jiah tho :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: misha caught it. It’s at the 9:57 mark

lol I feel jurnee on that.Ppl were coming to her twitter mentions saying ji-ah was better and tic was a bum.Really jurnee should be mad at misha for writing her a "struggle love story" smh.Wrote a badly written love story for tic and leti and talking about "black love". I'm still appalled they wrote them like that and expected the audience to root for them.Then havin a whole scene with tic holding ji-ah hand, apologizing and sayin they family! I'd be pissed.

kamikazemind

Good to hear from you bish
Reaction score
Reactions
67,449 1,264 531
Alleybux
lol I feel jurnee on that.Ppl were coming to her twitter mentions saying ji-ah was better and tic was a bum.Really jurnee should be mad at misha for writing her a "struggle love story" smh.Wrote a badly written love story for tic and leti and talking about "black love". I'm still appalled they wrote them like that and expected the audience to root for them.Then havin a whole scene with tic holding ji-ah hand, apologizing and sayin they family! I'd be pissed.

Jurnee stayed rooting for leticus and her mentions would be like girl nah lmao. Only reason most ppl cared for leticus is cuz they looked good but tic softness and emotions were only portrayed with jiah. I’m not sure if misha really wanted to portray that, the writers didn’t write it in, or Jurnee and Jonathan didn’t have the chemistry to go there (or didn’t WANT to, which is odd cuz they are great actors)....it’s so odd. It’s honestly the only aspect of the show I find confusing, and it’s not even story wise lol. Only thing I can take from it is that they wanted many aspects in the show to be uncomfortable so that dialogue can happen on exactly WHY it’s uncomfortable. And this was def one of them.

I like that one tweet when Jurnee was like “Lawd when is tic gonna take Leti on a proper date?!?!” :ROFLMAO:

NicoleT

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,389 23 4
Alleybux
Jurnee stayed rooting for leticus and her mentions would be like girl nah lmao. Only reason most ppl cared for leticus is cuz they looked good but tic softness and emotions were only portrayed with jiah. I’m not sure if misha really wanted to portray that, the writers didn’t write it in, or Jurnee and Jonathan didn’t have the chemistry to go there (or didn’t WANT to, which is odd cuz they are great actors)....it’s so odd. It’s honestly the only aspect of the show I find confusing, and it’s not even story wise lol. Only thing I can take from it is that they wanted many aspects in the show to be uncomfortable so that dialogue can happen on exactly WHY it’s uncomfortable. And this was def one of them.

I like that one tweet when Jurnee was like “Lawd when is tic gonna take Leti on a proper date?!?!” :ROFLMAO:

The messed up part is your right they did it on purpose.Listening to these interviews from the writers confirm that smh.They can have all this magic,monsters etc but a black man treating a black women right too far fetched? Jurnee and Jonathan had GREAT chemistry.He did have soft moments with Leti though (episode 5,7) but so many other things were happening and tic was such an asshole idk people overlooked that.I think they told him to act like that.I'm upset they wrote a black women being treated like trash and the nonblack women treated better.They didn't think the optics of that would look bad?I hated the writing for them.It made it hard to watch the show.Your correct on them wanting to start a dialogue mission accomplished,cuz on FB that was a topic almost every week.

Reaction score
Reactions
333,530 6,232 5,654
Alleybux
Not sure where to put this, but figured this thread would be fine. :LOL:

I tried to listen to the official podcast and it was insufferable. Maybe I listened to the wrong episode and it gets better (I listened to episodes one and two), but I didn't enjoy the format or hosts. Normally I enjoy podcasts, but for some reason I couldn't get into this one.

kamikazemind

Good to hear from you bish
Reaction score
Reactions
67,449 1,264 531
Alleybux
Not sure where to put this, but figured this thread would be fine. :LOL:

I tried to listen to the official podcast and it was insufferable. Maybe I listened to the wrong episode and it gets better (I listened to episodes one and two), but I didn't enjoy the format or hosts. Normally I enjoy podcasts, but for some reason I couldn't get into this one.

was it Shannon’s voice?! Lol