Quantcast

Lowkey Funny Moments in the Bible...

Selah

selah tape
Reaction score
Reactions
88,841 2,917 1,422
Alleybux
Paul writing to the Corinthians and inspiring Vybz Kartel: having your own husband or wife should help you from doing something immoral (each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband); it is better to marry than to burn in desire

Me, studying 2000+ years later: “every man grab a gyal, every gyal grab a man, man to man, gyal to gyal, that’s wrong… [redacted]…. when yuh come inna mi ramping shop”

Sesor Aner

Country Accent Chick
Reaction score
Reactions
10,866 722 30
Alleybux
Jesus inviting the disciples to dinner and reading them at the table is hilarious to me.

Also, I don't know why, but Lott's wife literally being turned to a pillar of salt for looking back. I don't know if it was literally for looking back, or a metaphor of wanting to go back, but I remember being like "wow that is extreme"

So Beautiful

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,506 341 137
Alleybux
Jesus inviting the disciples to dinner and reading them at the table is hilarious to me.

Also, I don't know why, but Lott's wife literally being turned to a pillar of salt for looking back. I don't know if it was literally for looking back, or a metaphor of wanting to go back, but I remember being like "wow that is extreme"
Girl, Lot’s wife was too salty when she saw she couldn’t go back :laugh2

C Me Fa Me

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,901 736 236
Alleybux
Hello Everyone, LongtimeLurkster of this thread, thought I'd share my take on the first few chapters of Esther.

Queen Esther, Mordecai and Haman

Haman was a little too full of himself wnen the King promoted him to be his Right hand man because he threw a fit when Esther's uncle Mordecai wouldn't bow to him when he entered the King's gate...
Haman was like, Everyone should know how fly I am...

Mordecai was like...

Whatever dude you ain't nobody...I'm just here outside the palace to make sure my niece straight gone wit that.

Haman was like

He was so Brazen he was tellin his peeps that if Mordecai won't bow to me I'm going to make the King that favors me so much kill him and his people.

Mordecai overheard the Hater Haman planning to kill him and all the Jews so he had to let his Niece the Queen know what this fool was planning, he told one of the eunuchs to make haste with this news...

When Esther was told about what Haman was going to do she sent word back like...

She's thinking to herself, there's rules to this I just was there. I'll have to wait months until my rotation comes up to see the King

You know this a harem right Unc?

He sent word back to her like dont think you're going to stay alive cause You the Queen...we both know what we are...so

So Esther was like cool, she sent a message back to him to Hootie whoooo the Prayer Warriors

And let them know to fast and pray because we Need GOD'S direction

After the 3 day fast Queen Esther dressed up like she was having company

So the King wouldn't kill her for not waiting her turn to see him.

She was looking so good he hurried up and told her...

Bring yo fine self over here....

So tell me Ya Pretty Young Thang...what is it that you want.

She says...

and Haman you come too

So they're at the 1st party and the King says to Esther you still haven't told me what you want...I'm the King and You're my Queen, You my favorite so you know...
you-could-have-whatever-you-like-what-do-you-want.gif

She was like if it's okay I want another party and tell Haman to come and then I'll tell You what I really want.
Haman is still Happy thinking that he's has the favor of the King and Queen, getting invited to both parties and still plotting to kill Mordecai, .little does he know.....

GOD was preparing the table in the midst of their enemy

In the middle of the night the King is up reading historical books cause there's no streaming services and he reads that Mordecai was the person that saved him from 2 officers that were planning to kill him way back in the day and he never ever rewarded him.
The next morning the King's right hand man Haman came in and the King asked him , What should I do for a man that I want to honor?
Haman in all his narcissism thought he was talking about him so he thought of the grandest gestures to reward him self with....

to be continued

Reign962

reignofsunshine
Reaction score
Reactions
1,601 115 2
Alleybux
Hello Everyone, LongtimeLurkster of this thread, thought I'd share my take on the first few chapters of Esther.

Queen Esther, Mordecai and Haman

Haman was a little too full of himself wnen the King promoted him to be his Right hand man because he threw a fit when Esther's uncle Mordecai wouldn't bow to him when he entered the King's gate...
Haman was like, Everyone should know how fly I am...

Mordecai was like...

Whatever dude you ain't nobody...I'm just here outside the palace to make sure my niece straight gone wit that.

Haman was like

He was so Brazen he was tellin his peeps that if Mordecai won't bow to me I'm going to make the King that favors me so much kill him and his people.

Mordecai overheard the Hater Haman planning to kill him and all the Jews so he had to let his Niece the Queen know what this fool was planning, he told one of the eunuchs to make haste with this news...

When Esther was told about what Haman was going to do she sent word back like...

She's thinking to herself, there's rules to this I just was there. I'll have to wait months until my rotation comes up to see the King

You know this a harem right Unc?

He sent word back to her like dont think you're going to stay alive cause You the Queen...we both know what we are...so

So Esther was like cool, she sent a message back to him to Hootie whoooo the Prayer Warriors

And let them know to fast and pray because we Need GOD'S direction

After the 3 day fast Queen Esther dressed up like she was having company

So the King wouldn't kill her for not waiting her turn to see him.

She was looking so good he hurried up and told her...

Bring yo fine self over here....

So tell me Ya Pretty Young Thang...what is it that you want.

She says...

and Haman you come too

So they're at the 1st party and the King says to Esther you still haven't told me what you want...I'm the King and You're my Queen, You my favorite so you know...
you-could-have-whatever-you-like-what-do-you-want.gif

She was like if it's okay I want another party and tell Haman to come and then I'll tell You what I really want.
Haman is still Happy thinking that he's has the favor of the King and Queen, getting invited to both parties and still plotting to kill Mordecai, .little does he know.....

GOD was preparing the table in the midst of their enemy

In the middle of the night the King is up reading historical books cause there's no streaming services and he reads that Mordecai was the person that saved him from 2 officers that were planning to kill him way back in the day and he never ever rewarded him.
The next morning the King's right hand man Haman came in and the King asked him , What should I do for a man that I want to honor?
Haman in all his narcissism thought he was talking about him so he thought of the grandest gestures to reward him self with....

to be continued

Waiting for part 2 lol

ch1cphysique

Your fave scholarly, vocabulary laden bih.
Reaction score
Reactions
3,091 89 16
Alleybux
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL My gma yelped when I told her the Bible was so juicy. Thinking of it as a soap opera helped me read it as a teen.

The funniest for me is when some scammers were acting like disciples, trying to cast out demons, and one of the demons was hip and whooped all 7 of their asses.

Scammers:
tenor.gif

Demon:
200w.gif

giphy.gif

Scammers:
giphy.gif

Demon:
ae352f53e1f235f38f6ed3602201ce16.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m1u3xbwhVx1rn50mco6_500.gif

They ran out that place 'naked and wounded' :cry

The fact that the demon was out there doing the Lord's work....ch
8b164f484dd2f2b1b6e65d26d65c3707.gif
Not you possibly making me revert and tickling my spirit after a shxtty day and reevaluating my writing dreams with this hilarious ass, no holds barred rendition of biblical beeeeef

C Me Fa Me

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,901 736 236
Alleybux
Part 2 Continued of Queen Esther, Mordecai and Haman....

Haman and his narcissism told the King all these grand ideas not realizing

That he wanted someone to walk alongside him while he was on horseback announcing how great he was, the King told him Go Quickly and get Mordecai the Jew and do everything that you suggested for him.

Haman must of felt like this on the inside...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

So Haman had to take his enemy Mordecai on horseback through the town announcing his Good deeds and that King Xerxes is Honoring Him....

Yo Haman..

Yes LORD

Haman went home humiliated and ashamed and told his family

Haman's wife must of been in Job's wife lineage because cause she told him

The King eunuchs came personally to pick Haman up from his house

to go to the Queen's 2nd party cause Homeboy Haman was the Queen's guest of honor.

As they were eating and drinking the King asked Queen Esther to finally tell him what she wanted. She says....

Let me and my people Live. People want to kill us just because we're different.

Then the King says who said this to You...To my Baby, my Queen...who Is it?

She motions...

Over to Haman...

Is lie to my Husband...

King Xerxes was so upset he left the room. While he was gone Haman pleads to Queen Esther
giphy-downsized-large.gif

To forget that he was going to kill her, her uncle and her entire race and Please spare his life. While he was pleading he fell on her while she was on the couch, the King comes in and says I leave for a minute and now you trying to push up on my Queen...

The Eunuchs rushed in and killed Haman. I guess they were figuring out how to dispose of his body and one of the Eunuchs told the King that there's a 75 foot pole that Haman made right by his house that he was planning to hang Mordecai from.

The King had a lot on his mind because they had to remind him again that Mordecai saved his life when those 2 guards tried to kill him. So it was a no brainer that the King told them to Hang Haman on the post....

So they ended up Hanging Haman on the post he built for Mordecai

It is written "It is mine to Avenge, I will repay"
Their trouble is near...about my kids I do not play.

Thanks for reading my rendition of the Book of Esther chapters 1-7 this was Fun, I'm going to definitely do this again.

Last edited:

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,448 13,176 1,853
Alleybux
The Hoteppery of the Disciples

So a good sis came through with her perfume in this alabaster box visiting Jesus at Simon's crib house. She came to prepare The Holy One's body for his death. The same death He has been foretelling to the disciples for THREE YEARS.

Instead of respecting the queen in her anointed role, they went on podcasts arguing about what how she should've sold the perfume and give to the poor.

Jesus was exhausted by the sexist womb-envy of these men and silenced them telling them she's in her assignment, doing a beautiful thing. Worry about why ya'll haven't been helping the poor all this time and what you're going to do to end poverty in the future because I'm up outta here in a minute. .

Here the sis is with the full spiritual knowledge that Jesus is The High Priest, The Redeemer, The Intervention, The Messiah, The Savior and the disciples were worried about what she was doing with HER money.

Doesn't it sound familiar?

Matthew 26:6-10

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,448 13,176 1,853
Alleybux

It is literal and allegorical. She was turned into a pillar of salt. For us, the lesson is when God delivers us from a deep sinful place, moving forward is part of our praise and thanksgiving for the rescue! When we return to old thought patterns, ways of being, places, people and situations that were sinful, we do so to our own destruction.

C Me Fa Me

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,901 736 236
Alleybux
Your overview of Esther is very well done @C Me Fa Me. Imagining Xerxes watching Netflix delighted me.
Loved reading your overview and laughing at the podcasts part of imagining the scribes and pharisees having stashes of gold coins and the flyest stone built homes money could buy and all up in Mary's business....smh.
You shole right @Nana Peazant ain't nothing changed.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,448 13,176 1,853
Alleybux
Loved reading your overview and laughing at the podcasts part of imagining the scribes and pharisees having stashes of gold coins and the flyest stone built homes money could buy and all up in Mary's business....smh.
You shole right @Nana Peazant ain't nothing changed.
It was really great exigesis actually. You should lead Bible study. We need more people with humor in leadership.

Luke was a doctor. Matthew was a tax collector. For some reason people think the disciples were homeless poor men. Some of them were quite wealthy and had money which is why they were always scouting other people's pockets in many of the parables. Really the whole book of Luke is him telling his rich friends to follow Jesus and give up those ends.

C Me Fa Me

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,901 736 236
Alleybux
It was really great exigesis actually. You should lead Bible study. We need more people with humor in leadership.

Luke was a doctor. Matthew was a tax collector. For some reason people think the disciples were homeless poor men. Some of them were quite wealthy and had money which is why they were always scouting other people's pockets in many of the parables. Really the whole book of Luke is him telling his rich friends to follow Jesus and give up those ends.

Looks up exigesis
H9zmJf.gif

I've never read the whole book of Luke. I just bought a study Bible so I will definitely have to read and study the whole book when it arrives.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,448 13,176 1,853
Alleybux
Looks up exigesis
H9zmJf.gif

I've never read the whole book of Luke. I just bought a study Bible so I will definitely have to read and study the whole book when it arrives.
Since you have a new Bible, you may want to challenge yourself to read the Bible in 90 days. Over time you'll develop a shorthand on all books of the Bible, the author, the audience and the purpose.

Your church may have a class that teaches hermeneutics, exegesis and homiletics. It just may have a name like Bible 101 or something similar, often taught on Monday nights or Saturday mornings.

ThickMomof2

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
770 14 11
Alleybux
Hi everyone read this today during my lunch break and had to share because it was too funny. John 1:35-50 covers the first disciples following Jesus. Verse 35 starts off with John yelling to two disciples" look the lamb of God" it then says Jesus kept walking, well they started following him and he turned around and said "what do you want?" I dyed laughing. I low-key was thinking Jesus was like hey don't be rolling up on me like that. Then Jesus turned around and shaded Nathaniel after Nathaniel made a remark about nothing good coming out of Nazareth, which was where Jesus was born. Jesus said to him "here is truly an Israelite in whom there is no deceit" Nathaniel was like oh word? You know me? Then Jesus replied that he saw him sitting under a fig tree. How about Nathaniel was on some I believe! Verse 49 says he said "you are the son of God! You are the king of Israel!" Jesus was like you believe All that because I said I saw you under a fig tree? Surely you will see much greater things than that. In my head, I pictured Jesus giving him the sideye like ummm okkkk.

ThickMomof2

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
770 14 11
Alleybux
I don’t know if anyone mentioned this one but it was when Jesus and Mary were at the wedding and the wine finished and Mary told Jesus to make more wine and Jesus was like it was time for me to start my miracles and Mary’s answer was like“DO WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU TO DO” Mary was savage
John 2:1-11
Yep. Jesus was like my time has not yet come woman. Mary didn't even answer him. She knew he would do what she said that's why she looked at the servants and told them to do whatever he asks of you. She was like nope. You going to honor your mother and father today

ThickMomof2

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
770 14 11
Alleybux
In Genesis when God was walking through the garden of Eden looking for Adam and Eve talking about "where are you?"

giphy.gif

Now God, you know you knew where those folks were. The exact bush.

It's like when you ask someone a question knowing they finna lie :ROFLMAO:
Then they told him they hid because they were naked. He was like "who told you that you were naked?" I mean really God? You already knew what was up. He was like the parent that be like "just tell the truth and I won't beat you"

ThickMomof2

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
770 14 11
Alleybux
Random, but I always laugh thinking about how annoying Jesus could've been as a kid.

Like when he disappeared and Mary found him and said
"WHERE WERE YOU! YOU MADE YOUR FATHER (Joseph) AND I WORRIED!"

clair-huxtable-chin-cheking.gif

And young Jesus was like "Ummm...I was in my (real) Father's house, you should've known this"

tumblr_inline_noev1jikeq1tov9al_500.gif
And he loved to call her woman. He was like woman I was about my father's business she couldn't say anything ‍♀️

Selah

selah tape
Reaction score
Reactions
88,841 2,917 1,422
Alleybux
When David was being all dramatic again and called himself an owl, a pelican and a lonely sparrow on a rooftop

4F16805F-D406-49EC-AFCD-4B507B93A7E0.jpeg

6 I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert.

7 I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,748 11,967 10,192
Alleybux
This one isn't that funny but for some reason it makes me laugh every time I read it. In Acts 1:1-11, Jesus returns after the Crucifixion and tells the Disciples about the coming of the Holy Spirit (Pentecost).

So he's discussing with them

Black-Jesus-Season-2-Episode-1.gif

and the Disciples say, "Yeah yeah that's cool power of the spirit and all but when are you going to restore Jerusalem?" (verse 6)

giphy.gif

And Jesus is so disappointed in them checking his calendar that he ascends straight into Heaven

giphy.gif

He sends two angels to explain things to them. And you could tell the angels didn't even want to be bothered and minister to the Disciples on some

giphy.gif

You know he's coming back right?!?! (verse 11)

anigif_sub-buzz-662-1469055325-2.gif

The Disciples went through that whole experience of being with Jesus and ministering to people and STILL didn't realize that Jesus himself went and tore the veil in the Holy Tabernacle (Zion). That was the restoration of Israel (Jerusalem) to God.

The disciples still wanted a brand new Jerusalem with updated buildings, public transportation with wifi and walkable streets.

After all His lessons they were still focused on material goods and not things of the spirit. We are just like them.
Old post I know. But we are just like them!

And the Bible still says, ‘he love them’.

SkyFlakes

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,820 14 4
Alleybux
The Book of Acts, currently reading it, has so many funny moments.

But the trouble making Jews that followed Paul all over just to cause chaos. Its funny that they were so pressed, but it goes to show how some people will deliberately try to ruin, hinder, interrupt God's word and message.

marchpisces92

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,872 1,797 880
Alleybux
David, a small skinny Jewish teenage boy was able to take down take down Goliath a whole giant. The odds weren't in David's favor at all.

Selah

selah tape
Reaction score
Reactions
88,841 2,917 1,422
Alleybux
I think I mentioned finding the woman at the well story to be funny before but Stephanie Ike on The Same Room just said that the woman at the well was “for the streets” and now it’s even funnier.

Selah

selah tape
Reaction score
Reactions
88,841 2,917 1,422
Alleybux
Paul writing hate mail to the Corinthians telling them they’re not too clever or physically fit so that’s why God chose them. Catch the shade:

6B80AC47-FD77-4867-BF7E-3EE7E4665C84.jpeg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

How can one compilation of books be so full wisdom, comfort, shade and entertainment? Whew :sob:

Anacaona Taino

I forgot my old tag line...
Reaction score
Reactions
230,364 4,870 1,417
Alleybux
Paul writing hate mail to the Corinthians telling them they’re not too clever or physically fit so that’s why God chose them. Catch the shade:

View attachment 3986150

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

How can one compilation of books be so full wisdom, comfort, shade and entertainment? Whew :sob:

Paul said: “cos you’re not that cute and your hair is uneven; you look dusty…”

When you all do this you force me to send it to my favorite cousin/pastor and she has to keekee then rebuke me!:cry

Pettypisces

Pretty on the outside, petty on the inside
Reaction score
Reactions
223,691 4,802 397
Alleybux
John made it known THREE times that he was faster than Peter when they ran to see Jesus in the tomb. I always knew he was petty for calling himself the disciple Jesus loved, but this right here took me out.

John 20:3-8
So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. 4 Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first.5 He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, 7 as well as the cloth that had been wrapped around Jesus’ head. The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen.8 Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed.

John was one some “whoever gets there first loves Jesus the most” stuff lol

FinallyLoggedIn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
336,045 9,099 3,942
Alleybux
The Bible is a cautionary tale for baby mama drama and men will still think the Bible supports them having multiple wives and baby mamas. Every horrible event on earth in the Bible can be traced back to baby mama drama.

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,318 4,977 407
Alleybux
The Bible is a cautionary tale for baby mama drama and men will still think the Bible supports them having multiple wives and baby mamas. Every horrible event on earth in the Bible can be traced back to baby mama drama.

whew. covenant, covenant, covenant.

Reaction score
Reactions
8,989 1,132 42
Alleybux
“When the angel came to her, he said, “Rejoice, favored one! The Lord is with you!” She was confused by these words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:28-29‬ ‭CEB‬‬

Mary was looking at the angel like what are you talking about :weary_face::weary_face::weary_face:

FinallyLoggedIn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
336,045 9,099 3,942
Alleybux
“When the angel came to her, he said, “Rejoice, favored one! The Lord is with you!” She was confused by these words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:28-29‬ ‭CEB‬‬

Mary was looking at the angel like what are you talking about :weary_face::weary_face::weary_face:
And the same sh!t with Sarah. Told her she was going to have a child at like 99

Sarah:
giphy.gif

God:
giphy.gif

Sarah:
giphy.gif

God:
giphy.gif

Sarah:
giphy.gif

God:
giphy.gif

God went 0 to 60 on her ass…

Selah

selah tape
Reaction score
Reactions
88,841 2,917 1,422
Alleybux
John made it known THREE times that he was faster than Peter when they ran to see Jesus in the tomb. I always knew he was petty for calling himself the disciple Jesus loved, but this right here took me out.

John 20:3-8
So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. 4 Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first.5 He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, 7 as well as the cloth that had been wrapped around Jesus’ head. The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen.8 Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed.

John was one some “whoever gets there first loves Jesus the most” stuff lol

Thank you for this because upon reading I went back to watch the previous scene here and put it all together. Excellent stuff looooll