Quantcast

LSA Couponing Thread

Ms Her

Ms Her
Reaction score
Reactions
26,243 702 145
Alleybux
Are you all actively couponing? Prices are higher than ever and I've been stocking up for fall and winter with clearance deals. Walgreens continues to have great clearance deals and CVS has fallen off in a major way (nothing in stock, crappy sales items) so I mainly use rainchecks there. Hope you're all getting great deals.
I haven't shopped cvs frfr in years. I just use the $4 off coupons they send. Walgreens either, that's just where my scripts at...need to change it to a better place, asap.

Lady Luck 321

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,358 1,193 375
Alleybux
l'm trying to get my out of pocket to $0 at CVS and Walgreens but I haven't has the best luck with the deals they have.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
l'm trying to get my out of pocket to $0 at CVS and Walgreens but I haven't has the best luck with the deals they have.
Walgreens especially has had no good deals lately. I used to get a lot of their items for 90% and lately it's all junk. I go to CVS to redeem rainchecks. They seldom have any good sales and the shelves are usually empty.

Lady Luck 321

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,358 1,193 375
Alleybux
Walgreens especially has had no good deals lately. I used to get a lot of their items for 90% and lately it's all junk. I go to CVS to redeem rainchecks. They seldom have any good sales and the shelves are usually empty.
Yes, I don't think I'll become a reseller so I can actually only use and giveaway so much toothpaste.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
I used to have so much fun couponing and going from each store to get a deal but these rude ass cashiers are making it difficult. They don't know the difference between per purchase and per transaction and get nasty when you explain. They also refuse to follow what's on the back of a raincheck (hello, CVS). It's only the beginning of 2023 and I've been given gift cards from two CVS managers because their staff was unnecessarily nasty and wrong when I tried to redeem rainchecks and coupons. We're good on so much, including a six month supply of tp. I've given up on Walgreens because they never have anything.

stillagoodgirl

Abstinence makes his heart grow fonder.
Reaction score
Reactions
11,316 298 79
Alleybux
I used to have so much fun couponing and going from each store to get a deal but these rude ass cashiers are making it difficult. They don't know the difference between per purchase and per transaction and get nasty when you explain. They also refuse to follow what's on the back of a raincheck (hello, CVS). It's only the beginning of 2023 and I've been given gift cards from two CVS managers because their staff was unnecessarily nasty and wrong when I tried to redeem rainchecks and coupons. We're good on so much, including a six month supply of tp. I've given up on Walgreens because they never have anything.
I've had issues with the CVS cashiers being nasty when I redeem coupons too but I've never complained to management. Walgreens and RiteAid rarely have good coupons.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
I've had issues with the CVS cashiers being nasty when I redeem coupons too but I've never complained to management. Walgreens and RiteAid rarely have good coupons.
Some CVS employees have an unusual dislike for couponers. I once read some of the comments on the CVS reddit page and some of the employees are nuts. They are very resentful of couponers and assume everyone who coupons is selling the merchandise. I don't sell but even if I did, it's not their business. Lol

stillagoodgirl

Reaction score
Reactions
11,316 298 79
Alleybux
Some CVS employees have an unusual dislike for couponers. I once read some of the comments on the CVS reddit page and some of the employees are nuts. They are very resentful of couponers and assume everyone who coupons is selling the merchandise. I don't sell but even if I did, it's not their business. Lol
Lol hey maybe they're hating on us because they couldn't get the same deals or don't know how to. One asked if I worked in cosmetics since I bought a lot of makeup. I don't sell either but lightweight a hoarder.

I hope they're not legit crazy though because our info is displayed when they're cashiers (name, number and email address)! I've have had some manager, security and cashier admirers and borderline stalkers since I'm a regular. When I was younger it didn't seem like a big deal since we were teens or early 20s but now with adults it's scary since some seemed to be stalking. You know how when you like someone you follow them to know their schedule and hope to coincidently run into them? Before it was just the cute stuff like changing their shift, offering to help me or being around certain isles in the store but now I see some on my commute to work or around town. Adults take it to another level! They don't even say hi to me just try to pretend they don't recognize me unless I acknowledge them. I can only imagine if I had social media like Facebook, IG, etc. I only have LinkedIn and most retail CVS employees aren't into that kind of social medial.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
Lol hey maybe they're hating on us because they couldn't get the same deals or don't know how to. One asked if I worked in cosmetics since I bought a lot of makeup. I don't sell either but lightweight a hoarder.

I hope they're not legit crazy though because our info is displayed when they're cashiers (name, number and email address)! I've have had some manager, security and cashier admirers and borderline stalkers since I'm a regular. When I was younger it didn't seem like a big deal since we were teens or early 20s but now with adults it's scary since some seemed to be stalking. You know how when you like someone you follow them to know their schedule and hope to coincidently run into them? Before it was just the cute stuff like changing their shift, offering to help me or being around certain isles in the store but now I see some on my commute to work or around town. Adults take it to another level! They don't even say hi to me just try to pretend they don't recognize me unless I acknowledge them. I can only imagine if I had social media like Facebook, IG, etc. I only have LinkedIn and most retail CVS employees aren't into that kind of social medial.
I've had a few cashiers ask how to coupon and I share my tips. I've even shared coupons and items with them. I once bought my favorite cashier a bunch of her favorite drink when it was on clearance at another store. She was so appreciative and thankful.

Wow, you've had some borderline stalkers! I don't put my real info on store cards. I use a Google voice number, spam email address, etc. I don't need anyone searching for me especially after I've given them a zero on the surveys. Lol

stillagoodgirl

Reaction score
Reactions
11,316 298 79
Alleybux
I've had a few cashiers ask how to coupon and I share my tips. I've even shared coupons and items with them. I once bought my favorite cashier a bunch of her favorite drink when it was on clearance at another store. She was so appreciative and thankful.

Wow, you've had some borderline stalkers! I don't put my real info on store cards. I use a Google voice number, spam email address, etc. I don't need anyone searching for me especially after I've given them a zero on the surveys. Lol

Awww that's sweet! I would share my couponing ways if they asked. Only one lady who I never had as a cashier before asked where I get paper coupons from since everything is electronic. Do you still see your favorite cashier around?

I should stop putting my real info on cards then! I didn't think much of it but I rarely give bad reviews. I'd rather leave it blank because I don't know their life. Maybe this job is all they have and they're just taking out their problems on me. I'm not saying it's right but I understand that. I'd rather tell them off in person anyways. I only complained about a few Africans because they were doing way too much. One I never saw again and the other cut it out.

Most of my borderline stalkers were around my age so I didn't feel like it was that bad. I'm pretty sure they fell for me because I'm polite unlike most customers in our area. They backed off eventually.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
Awww that's sweet! I would share my couponing ways if they asked. Only one lady who I never had as a cashier before asked where I get paper coupons from since everything is electronic. Do you still see your favorite cashier around?

I should stop putting my real info on cards then! I didn't think much of it but I rarely give bad reviews. I'd rather leave it blank because I don't know their life. Maybe this job is all they have and they're just taking out their problems on me. I'm not saying it's right but I understand that. I'd rather tell them off in person anyways. I only complained about a few Africans because they were doing way too much. One I never saw again and the other cut it out.

Most of my borderline stalkers were around my age so I didn't feel like it was that bad. I'm pretty sure they fell for me because I'm polite unlike most customers in our area. They backed off eventually.
My favorite cashiers have moved on but there's a supervisor or two I love dealing with.

Using fake info for those store cards helps prevent getting junk mail and spam.

stillagoodgirl

Reaction score
Reactions
11,316 298 79
Alleybux
My favorite cashiers have moved on but there's a supervisor or two I love dealing with.

Using fake info for those store cards helps prevent getting junk mail and spam.

I hear that! It's always good to be on the good side of management.

And oh I didn't know that. Maybe they're the culprit of my junk mail.

MsTwerksum

PINKIE GLADYS GUTZMAN ....IYKYK
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
3,937 240 151
Alleybux
Anyone have any coupons or promo codes for Primere protein shakes.

MoonlightSky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,227 3,859 1,286
Alleybux
Am I the only one only getting sh!tty 20% off coupons from CVS now? I used to get $3, $4, $5 and sometimes even $10 off coupons but in recent months the CVS coupons I get sent have been sh!t. For their expensive ass prices, 20% off is not enough.

hopeful1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,369 386 124
Alleybux
Am I the only one only getting sh!tty 20% off coupons from CVS now? I used to get $3, $4, $5 and sometimes even $10 off coupons but in recent months the CVS coupons I get sent have been sh!t. For their expensive ass prices, 20% off is not enough.
I used to get 40% off but that has dropped to 30% within the past few months. However, I do still get the $5 off coupons; just used one for cold/flu meds. Have a safe holiday, everyone.

MoonlightSky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,227 3,859 1,286
Alleybux
I used to get 40% off but that has dropped to 30% within the past few months. However, I do still get the $5 off coupons; just used one for cold/flu meds. Have a safe holiday, everyone.
I guess they just don’t like me anymore. Lol Oh well. I won’t be going back until they can send me some decent coupons.

stillagoodgirl

Reaction score
Reactions
11,316 298 79
Alleybux
I thought it was just me! I'm also getting 10% off total purchase when I do email receipts.

MoonlightSky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,227 3,859 1,286
Alleybux
I thought it was just me! I'm also getting 10% off total purchase when I do email receipts.
OK I’m glad I’m not tripping! They must be out of their minds if they think that’s enough of a discount with those high ass prices.:talktohand I’m not going back until they can do better.

stillagoodgirl

Reaction score
Reactions
11,316 298 79
Alleybux
OK I’m glad I’m not tripping! They must be out of their minds if they think that’s enough of a discount with those high ass prices.:talktohand I’m not going back until they can do better.
Sometimes that works!! I remember last year I did that and about a month later they started giving me good coupons again. Another time they did when I spent more but I'd rather not risk that.

Do you have the Care pass?

Ms Her

Ms Her
Reaction score
Reactions
26,243 702 145
Alleybux
I guess they just don’t like me anymore. Lol Oh well. I won’t be going back until they can send me some decent coupons.
I haven't shopped there frfr since they changed there coupon policy. When I do go, in a pinch, I see less and less products on the shelves. Same with Rite Aid. I go to Walgreens more but they aren't on my go to list, Unless it's a buy 1 get 2 free event!

stillagoodgirl

Reaction score
Reactions
11,316 298 79
Alleybux
No. Don’t you have to pay for that?
Me neither because you have to pay but I was wondering if they get more coupons. Apparently it's worth it but I still don't understand how.

It's $5/mo but you get $10 extra bucks/mo or I guess a net of $5. I'm thinking to myself then the company is basically losing money so how is the program profitable? I heard they expect people to spend more but if they're a true couponer that's not true.

I'm really tempted to get it because sometimes I see 40% off coupons in my email to buy it. I don't like that you're subscribed though.

MoonlightSky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,227 3,859 1,286
Alleybux
Me neither because you have to pay but I was wondering if they get more coupons. Apparently it's worth it but I still don't understand how.

It's $5/mo but you get $10 extra bucks/mo or I guess a net of $5. I'm thinking to myself then the company is basically losing money so how is the program profitable? I heard they expect people to spend more but if they're a true couponer that's not true.

I'm really tempted to get it because sometimes I see 40% off coupons in my email to buy it. I don't like that you're subscribed though.
I would never pay $5 a month for that even with $10 extra bucks because I don’t shop there enough that it would be worth it. Plus the whole point of couponing is to save money and spend as little as possible. Why would I pay to be subscribed to something? I just won’t be shopping there then anymore.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
Their coupons suck these days.
CVS has become my least favorite store to coupon and they seldom have anything in stock.
They stopped letting consumers stack coupons.
CVS is so full of sh!t because stacking coupons is still their policy. On the occasion I have shopped there, I'm still able to use a CVS and manufacturer coupon. Unfortunately, their miserable ass store managers and cashiers are making up rules as they go along. While they can limit the coupons we use, they shouldn't be arbitrarily changing the corporate policy but they do.

I recently had a GM tell me my raincheck had to be used at the store that issued it to me. I had a lot of time on my hands that day and no fucks to give so I was polite and firm that his ass was dead wrong. The back of the damn check says it can be redeemed at any store. The manager told me he wasn't going to change his mind. Okay. I went outside, got the name of the district leader, emailed him and told him his GM wasn't up to speed on the policies. It took 20 minutes for the DL to get back to me but I went back in and got my items. The store manager tried acting nice and I told him he should have done the right thing the first damn time.

CVS is doing poorly because the thieves are clearing the shelves. Instead of trying to find an effective way of dealing with people who steal, they're harassing couponers and rain check users. Last week, CVS corporate cancelled the Extracare cards for a large number of couponers.

Last edited:

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
Any of y'all still couponing? I made good use of the Nivea men's $3/2 body wash q as well as the $1/1 Snuggle. I've had to replenish some of the winter stockpile.

Ms Her

Ms Her
Reaction score
Reactions
26,243 702 145
Alleybux
Any of y'all still couponing? I made good use of the Nivea men's $3/2 body wash q as well as the $1/1 Snuggle. I've had to replenish some of the winter stockpile.
I do more deals = crazy coupon lady on insta

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
Anyone still couponing in 2024? I've been restocking our existing stockpile. I need to buy four more packages of sanitary napkins so me and my daughter will be stocked until December of 2025. My son and husband need more deodorant and both kids seem like they drink the PanOxyl they both use.

Lady Luck 321

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,358 1,193 375
Alleybux
I'm getting back into because I'm running low on body wash and laundry detergent. I have learned I don't have to do every deal though, I still have so much toothpaste.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
I'm getting back into because I'm running low on body wash and laundry detergent. I have learned I don't have to do every deal though, I still have so much toothpaste.
I found $2/1 All detergent coupons at the doctors office and was able to get All Mighty Pacs for $.99 (for 19 per bag) at CVS using the coupon and a rain check. CVS also has Tide, Persil and Gain pods on clearance if you use those brands.

I stocked up on toothpaste today at ShopRite. They have Colgate on sale, along with a digital coupon 2 for $1. I have about five different numbers and used them to get ten. Toothpaste is one of the things we're running low on.

Twistedrose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,184 190 10
Alleybux
I have been living off my stockpile for three years and it has come to the end . I am starting back full force April .