Lydia Dinga discussion thread

Reactions
18,317 302 155
Alleybux
I don’t know if I enjoy the detailed Reno blogs tbh. Especially as she’s getting so much gifted and sponsored, it’s not that helpful for regular people.

Just cut to the finished tour please and breakdown costs in a separate video.

Last edited:
Everlasting Abundance
Reactions
34,363 938 698
Alleybux
I don’t know if I enjoy the detailed Reno blogs tbh. Especially as she’s getting so much gifted and sponsored, it’s not that helpful for regular people.

Just cut to the finished tour please and breakdown costs in a separate video please.
Agreed, literally how I feel about them. I’m ready to see the end result so she can move on to something else.

Reactions
30,534 412 169
Alleybux

It's got to the point where I fast forward if anything. It's become so long and drawn out because this is as exciting her content gets with lockdown still in place, I guess.

Here to laugh, dassit
Reactions
1,075 6
Alleybux
I like Lydia but sometimes I feel like she’s always begging for free product instead of just buying things she wanted anyway

Reactions
28,142 111 43
Alleybux

Agreed. I'm much more interested in know what area she bought in and the buying process.

I am interested in renovation but let's be honest, by the time she's done, her reno costs will probably be equal to or surpass her mortgage at this rate. It's easy for her to do that if she didn't have to pay for most of it

Reactions
2,192 11 1
Alleybux
Agreed. I'm much more interested in know what area she bought in and the buying process.

I am interested in renovation but let's be honest, by the time she's done, her reno costs will probably be equal to or surpass her mortgage at this rate. It's easy for her to do that if she didn't have to pay for most of it
Yep. She hasn't renovated at low cost, she's surpassed the price ceiling of this property and I doubt she will be able to recoup the money (hers or gifted) plunged into this property when she does want to sell. It's kind of like watching Pimp my Ride for a 2 bed house.

Reactions
43,470 1,349 396
Alleybux
I haven't watched any of her videos in weeks. I almost fell on the floor when I saw her sponsored video of some hair product that she used on her wig. You don't have any hair girl, why are you taking hair sponsor ships for those types of products. At least do it for products that can work on your real hair. Then she was dry begging in stories for people to engage in the post. I refuse!

Reactions
69,082 849 212
Alleybux

This. And share what was gifted or discounted.

I think it would be important that in whatever breakdown cost she shared that she keeps it abundantly real about how much something actually might cost and how much she came up with out of pocket.

Reactions
20,444 511 144
Alleybux
This. And share what was gifted or discounted.

I think it would be important that in whatever breakdown cost she shared that she keeps it abundantly real about how much something actually might cost and how much she came up with out of pocket.

"abundantly real" - I don't see that happening.

Is she still saying the £245k house is in London?:eyes::eyes:

Last edited:
Reactions
1,393 38 9
Alleybux
I haven't watched any of her videos in weeks. I almost fell on the floor when I saw her sponsored video of some hair product that she used on her wig. You don't have any hair girl, why are you taking hair sponsor ships for those types of products. At least do it for products that can work on your real hair. Then she was dry begging in stories for people to engage in the post. I refuse!
It’s so off-putting when Lydia does this :sick: Imagine begging on the internet. I had to unfollow.

Alleybux
Did anyone else notice Lydia’s recent post about the party wall being completed is now gone? I think some of the info hinted to where she lives

Reactions
889 7 3
Alleybux
It wouldn't be the first time she's done that. Once she posted a picture of the house deeds and didn't conceal the whole address.

Reactions
152 4
Alleybux
What was the most recent YT video even about? Completed Reno something was the title but it wasn’t even completed. Had to fast forward the majority.
This last video was rubbish - she posted completed reno something something and the place is whole mess... never mind that. But 8 adds in 20 min vlog! Sis you are not ITV I didn’t go on YouTube for that nonsense ... tbh before all this boring house story I would let her add run and think - let sis make the coin,but it this point is just tooooo much, long and booooooring!

Reactions
4,807 154 74
Alleybux
Sometimes I think influencers need to know when to say no to free things. It really rubbed me up the wrong way seeing that cleaning company come in and service her whole house for free and bring her a huge box of cupcakes.

A. She literally could’ve done it herself, the house is completely bare so it wouldn’t have taken long, she also has the funds to just pay and B. How nice would it have been for her to maybe surprise a subbie who’s a mum and doesn’t have time to clean etc etc

I just find it so greedy, if I was an influencer I’d feel so uncomfortable accepting and showing off things like free food and services like that

Here to laugh, dassit
Reactions
1,075 6
Alleybux
Sometimes I think influencers need to know when to say no to free things. It really rubbed me up the wrong way seeing that cleaning company come in and service her whole house for free and bring her a huge box of cupcakes.

A. She literally could’ve done it herself, the house is completely bare so it wouldn’t have taken long, she also has the funds to just pay and B. How nice would it have been for her to maybe surprise a subbie who’s a mum and doesn’t have time to clean etc etc

I just find it so greedy, if I was an influencer I’d feel so uncomfortable accepting and showing off things like free food and services like that
I agree, especially as during covid those are the type of businesses that suffer. I pray that the promo got them a good amount of customers though.

Lydia could have gave the cleaning package to someone who really needed it and cleaned her own home herself with friends/her boo.

Reactions
20,444 511 144
Alleybux

Chile that's how the rich stay rich.
I don't know if Lydia's viewing demographic have changed but I doubt that them gifting her a free service is going to lead to more clients for them. I really be side eying the logic of some of these companies that gift influencers stuff...

Cheap lashes/brows/massages are one thing but most young people aren't homeowners and if they are, they likely don't have the disposable income to spend on this stuff.

Sidenote, I wouldn't be surprised if Lydia's bought another property by the end of next year.

Reactions
28,142 111 43
Alleybux
Chile that's how the rich stay rich.
I don't know if Lydia's viewing demographic have changed but I doubt that them gifting her a free service is going to lead to more clients for them. I really be side eying the logic of some of these companies that gift influencers stuff...

Cheap lashes/brows/massages are one thing but most young people aren't homeowners and if they are, they likely don't have the disposable income to spend on this stuff.

Sidenote, I wouldn't be surprised if Lydia's bought another property by the end of next year.
This! No one is taking out a 180k mortgage on house in a non-affluent area just to have reno costs that exceed the mortgage cost. She better be holding on to that house for a while because how much is she going to sell the house for relative to the cost of the other houses in her area? A better take would have been doing affordable home renovations. I like watching those on tiktok and they make sense for a first home too.

Reactions
20,444 511 144
Alleybux
This! No one is taking out a 180k mortgage on house in a non-affluent area just to have reno costs that exceed the mortgage cost. She better be holding on to that house for a while because how much is she going to sell the house for relative to the cost of the other houses in her area? A better take would have been doing affordable home renovations. I like watching those on tiktok and they make sense for a first home too.

Has she said how much the reno cost in total? I haven't watched in a while

But imo I really don't think her reno costs would have been above £100k in all (for everything labour, materials and fixtures) - less actually (assuming that she was gifted/received discounts on a lot of the stuff).

I do think she got carried away and went all out because she could afford to and it was her first property.
It's best kept as a rental. It would make a nice first home for a young professional who perhaps works in London but can't afford the rent in the city.

Reactions
2,192 11 1
Alleybux
I doubt that them gifting her a free service is going to lead to more clients for them. I really be side eying the logic of some of these companies that gift influencers stuff...

I find it ridiculous how they gift influencers not only the service but also things like cakes/prosecco etc which aren't included in their standard service to regular clientele. I've learnt first hand that the majority of these companies aren't able to maintain half the level of customer service they give to influencers.

Then the paying customer benefits from full cost, surly service; when you watch these insta/youtube videos they have a full team doing the work with smiles and chat, when it's time for regular people there's one stink mouth person to serve you with no prosecco, no cake.

Reactions
28,142 111 43
Alleybux
Has she said how much the reno cost in total? I haven't watched in a while

But imo I really don't think her reno costs would have been above £100k in all (for everything labour, materials and fixtures) - less actually (assuming that she was gifted/received discounts on a lot of the stuff).

I do think she got carried away and went all out because she could afford to and it was her first property.
It's best kept as a rental. It would make a nice first home for a young professional who perhaps works in London but can't afford the rent in the city.
I'm talking of the total value, regardless of whether she paid for it or not. The thing is she's shooting herself in the foot if the value of her house has now shot up way above what a similar property on the same road would cost when it comes to selling unless she plans to stay/keep the property for a long time.

Reactions
2,192 11 1
Alleybux
The thing is she's shooting herself in the foot if the value of her house has now shot up way above what a similar property on the same road would cost when it comes to selling unless she plans to stay/keep the property for a long time.
It's also not just about the value of the property, it's whether someone will actually buy a high priced 2 bed house, why not get a 3 bed for the same price? Most people after a 2 bed house are going to be first time buyers/young families etc and looking for a bargain (what she originally purchased). I've seen plenty of expensive properties sit on the market for years.

It's funny, because I've read of cases where sellers are pissed they couldn't recoup the cost of the refurb so they start trying to remove expensive items which should be included with the house purchase (like stoves, refrigerators, light fixtures etc)

Reactions
20,444 511 144
Alleybux
It's also not just about the value of the property, it's whether someone will actually buy a high priced 2 bed house, why not get a 3 bed for the same price? Most people after a 2 bed house are going to be first time buyers/young families etc and looking for a bargain (what she originally purchased). I've seen plenty of expensive properties sit on the market for years.

It's funny, because I've read of cases where sellers are pissed they couldn't recoup the cost of the refurb so they start trying to remove expensive items which should be included with the house purchase (like stoves, refrigerators, light fixtures etc)

Mmm good point! High-priced for that area would be around £280 to £300

I think first time buyers would potential buy in that price range because:
1) it has a ok-sized garden
2) it's near(ish) to a station that can get them into london in under 40mins on a fast train
3) it's recently been modernised - new heating system, kitchen etc. so they shouldn't need to worry about reno costs to make the house inhabitable/nice to live in in the short term.

BUT they'd likely find themselves in negative equity in a few years time.

Reactions
28,142 111 43
Alleybux

That's exactly my point.

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Brixana (Briana Monique') Discussion
Yuk0 isn’t a saint before anyone drags me, but the girl has hustle in her and the desire to give herself better... the fact that this f&n still...
Do white European men even like fat butts?
I tried to get straight to the point with the title - but I have always wondered this. With the rise of bbls, obsession with black culture (black...
a pleasantly blistering op-ed piece on the cancellation of women
His talking points. It’s all very performative. I’m sure he didn’t care that much about women in the first place. hm. well that is an interesting...
Am I Wrong For Laughing At My Cousin's Weight Gain And School Problems?
Misplaced anger fasho. Don’t be mad at the spoiled brat, be mad at whoever spoiled her, tf? She's still participated in it. That's the point! Any...
IG influencer: Jalisa E. Vaughn
Allmavy on IG bought a new house and it looks like the same builder that Jalisa and the billy goat used. Allmavy house looks better
What are your favorite Ari Lennox songs?
Whipped cream Up late Chicago boy Speak to me Pretty much the whole Shea butter baby album Also la la la la, 40 shades of choke and grampa
America in the Biden-Harris Era Tarot Tea Thread III
Sorry, I'm just seeing this. Dianne asked me about freelancing during reading with her and I told her that people don't want to pay creatives what...
Woman kills and dismembers roomate after she denied her sex
When a woman is being aggressive sexually take it as seriously as you would a man. I don't think she realized how much danger she was in.
Hopeless and Defeated.. Sun fixed in 6th in Solar return
Do u mind giving ur birth details ? I find it very odd your solar return chart wouldnt move positions of the sun every year. I have never seen...
Top Bottom