Lydia Dinga discussion thread

Here to laugh, dassit
Reactions
1,108 8
Alleybux
Lydia looked gorge in the video but I like the house but that bathroom isn’t nice to me. It looks so mismatched...but I guess personal taste.

also the policing of opinions needs to stop. It’s a public forum. Chill

General Manager
Reactions
12,939 108 75
Alleybux
I don't think anyone has an issue with black women in luxury. Property development or renovation is a proven trade that follows a business model to be profitable and financially sustainable. You buy an affordable property, you do it up at an affordable cost to make profit, and you renovate appropriately to up the property's value.

Other people's comments in this thread ring pretty true, it's clear she has money, she probably has enough to get an additional property at this point, and could have renovated two affordable properties, or one larger property with the money spent. There's plenty of info about renovation out there, so people will comment when they see someone spending a lot on labour and materials.

When Lydia started her renovation series and discussing how she purchased her house, she actually was speaking about being relatable, helping other people see how she did it, give tips etc and selling it in the next 5 years. I think she's enjoyed splurging on the property and she's veered off that path and now planning to keep the property which is cool, the project's changed for her.
I agree. Patricia Bright's latest rental property purchase is an example of a reno with good ROI.

General Manager
Reactions
28,389 118 45
Alleybux
Lydia looked gorge in the video but I like the house but that bathroom isn’t nice to me. It looks so mismatched...but I guess personal taste.

also the policing of opinions needs to stop. It’s a public forum. Chill
The way some people are going on you'd think we were out here sharing nudes or something. This is definitely one of the more tame influencer threads here

General Manager
Reactions
28,389 118 45
Alleybux
In case anyone needed further reassurance that Lydia doesn’t care what we say about her house either way...

6FB95017-FC1B-4902-8CB3-FD32B6775B1B.jpeg
Those views and engagement metrics are her conduit for making money.

Starter
Reactions
1,403 3 4
Alleybux
It's ok for people to disagree with what's being said in the thread. It's ok for people to think some posters are haters. Everyone has a different opinion. It's a gossip blog.
Also anyone watching her renovation series and thinking Lydia is showing the average person how to go about renovating a home is delusional. As far as I'm aware she's just been taking us along on the renovation of her first home and being transparent with the costs and all her gifted stuff. She's not giving practical advice like Patricia Bright, who is actually legitimately flipping properties for profit and I don't think she's ever given the impression that she is. I don't think the average person is going to the curtain maker for Downing Street for their 1st gaff or a quick flip.
Tbh it's all entertainment. That's why some of the essays people are writing on here about renovating the "right way" seem a bit redundant.

I think Lydia's whole home series/ home insta has been purely to make money and get free stuff for her home. She's a smart girl and it's worked well.

Bench Warmer
Reactions
Alleybux
In case anyone needed further reassurance that Lydia doesn’t care what we say about her house either way...

View attachment 2476716 Those views and engagement metrics are her conduit for making money.
This is very good, but it's Twitter. Tweets go viral multiple times a day. She won't be able to base her rates on this. If she continually goes viral on Twitter then she can then start thinking of upping her rates! She will gain few more followers though. Congrats on the impressions!

General Manager
Reactions
25,478 445 775
Alleybux
I haven’t watched any of her reno videos because I haven’t been interested but I watched the latest reveal vlog. She did amazing on that house. She really makes me smile. Can’t believe she’s been able to accomplish so much in such a short time. These companies really have money to burn. I need to figure out how to get it too lol.

Laugh now, Cry later
Reactions
3,115 8 3
Alleybux
Guys Lydia’s house is amazing!!!!! She has inspired me so much, I love to see it!! A black woman just like me can accomplish so much all on her own

Here to laugh, dassit
Reactions
1,108 8
Alleybux
The house looks really good and the quality of the video was impeccable.

I found it weird her designer got 0 mention though? Not even in the description box?

Starter
Reactions
923 51 2
Alleybux
Lydia and her home look beautiful
getting major daytime tv presenter vibes from her tour too..in the best way!

only slightly disappointed in her lack of black owned bits e.g. the curtains

General Manager
Reactions
18,422 305 156
Alleybux
I like the new bathroom, but hate the flooring. Reminds me of a public high school restroom.
She sold me on the wall tiles but I still hate the flooring too!

Also anyone watching her renovation series and thinking Lydia is showing the average person how to go about renovating a home is delusional. As far as I'm aware she's just been taking us along on the renovation of her first home and being transparent with the costs and all her gifted stuff. She's not giving practical advice like Patricia Bright, who is actually legitimately flipping properties for profit and I don't think she's ever given the impression that she is. I don't think the average person is going to the curtain maker for Downing Street for their 1st gaff or a quick flip.
Tbh it's all entertainment. That's why some of the essays people are writing on here about renovating the "right way" seem a bit redundant.

I think Lydia's whole home series/ home insta has been purely to make money and get free stuff for her home. She's a smart girl and it's worked well.
But why is it a problem if fonts are using lydias content as a way to discuss property renovation in general? Lots of her followers are looking to buy their first home so if fonts have wisdom to share, why is that an issue? My girl doesn’t even know what a ceiling price is so her stated mission of providing information to women wanting to become first time home owners is sorely lacking. I appreciate fonts filling in the gaps.

Social media content isn’t just entertainment, it’s aspirational, motivational, educational and a whole host of other things. If it wasn’t we would all just be watching Netflix instead.

Starter
Reactions
1,403 3 4
Alleybux
She sold me on the wall tiles but I still hate the flooring too!

But why is it a problem if fonts are using lydias content as a way to discuss property renovation in general? Lots of her followers are looking to buy their first home so if fonts have wisdom to share, why is that an issue? My girl doesn’t even know what a ceiling price is so her stated mission of providing information to women wanting to become first time home owners is sorely lacking. I appreciate fonts filling in the gaps.

Social media content isn’t just entertainment, it’s aspirational, motivational, educational and a whole host of other things. If it wasn’t we would all just be watching Netflix instead.
It's not a problem or an issue at all. Like I said everyone is free to disagree with whatever is said in this thread. I just don't think it makes sense for the average 1st time buyer to look to Lydia for advice. As her situation isn't the average situation. I think it's great that she's been transparent about how she got on the property ladder and her Reno process. Its entertaining and aspirational. But I'm not watching her series and picking her reno process apart because i don't know her bank balance or future plans lol.

But yeah just giving my opinion like everyone else. No biggie

General Manager
Reactions
18,422 305 156
Alleybux
Awww the house tour video was so cute. I love the Reno overall - especially her bedroom. Makes me excited to get my first property.
I’m actually so jealous of Dot. Under floor heating is the ultimate luxury in my mind.

General Manager
Reactions
9,229 238 44
Alleybux
The house looks really good and the quality of the video was impeccable.

I found it weird her designer got 0 mention though? Not even in the description box?

I came here to say that too...Aurelie didn't get mentioned at all in the video! As she was pivotal to bringing it all together...but Tyrone was allowed to do a PSA. I thought maybe Aurelie wasn't available on the day but then didnt even get put on the end credits hmmm. Perhaps they had professional differences

Reactions
5,772 86 22
Alleybux
Did she ever show the bathroom floor tiles installed?

I love the wall tiles but like most of her choices, I don't think the room is cohesive. I'm glad they repainted Dot's room.

I'm still undecided on Lydia but I've only seen her reno vlogs. The fact that she couldn't calculate the volume of a cylinder (when given the formula and methodology) really put me off.

Starter
Reactions
2,206 11 1
Alleybux

I love the wall tiles but like most of her choices, I don't think the room is cohesive. I'm glad they repainted Dot's room.

I'm still undecided on Lydia but I've only seen her reno vlogs. The fact that she couldn't calculate the volume of a cylinder (when given the formula and methodology) really put me off.
Sorry, which vid is this?

Everlasting Abundance
Time Out
Reactions
36,831 1,091 820
Alleybux

Wait someone being bad at math put you off lol you’re standards are funny

You definitely won’t like most people, it’s not something most do on a day to day basis.

Reactions
5,772 86 22
Alleybux
Sorry, which vid is this?

She was making DIY cement table. She was also shocked that brown sand would dry brown. The entire struggle just put me off.

Wait someone being bad at math put you off lol you’re standards are funny

You definitely won’t like most people, it’s not something most do on a day to day basis.

Yea. It's third grade math. She wasn't doing it from memory. The steps were provided. I don't think it's cute or funny to lack basic knowledge or skills. That's not at all aspirational to me and not the type of person I watch.

Bench Warmer
Reactions
34 3 13
Alleybux
She was making DIY cement table. She was also shocked that brown sand would dry brown. The entire struggle just put me off.

Yea. It's third grade math. She wasn't doing it from memory. The steps were provided. I don't think it's cute or funny to lack basic knowledge or skills. That's not at all aspirational to me and not the type of person I watch.
Lol so don’t watch her or? Who’s forcing you to? Because she couldn’t solve a math problem? Sheesh.. of all the things to be worried about.

Everlasting Abundance
Time Out
Reactions
36,831 1,091 820
Alleybux
Lol so don’t watch her or? Who’s forcing you to? Because she couldn’t solve a math problem? Sheesh.. of all the things to be worried about.
Some people really are a bit off, human beings have a lot of different skills. Knowing math equations (even third grade) after you’ve left school is very common. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Reactions
5,772 86 22
Alleybux

Some people really are a bit off, human beings have a lot of different skills. Knowing math equations (even third grade) after you’ve left school is very common. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

I asked if she showed her floor. I caught a few of her reno vlogs. I don't watch her and don't plan to. You can enjoy and worry less about what others choose to do with their time.

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

GPK
Y’all seen RAV4 shady post 2 hours ago? Cause Supa & Blakk post was 2 hours ago too..
Shanna Moakler Claps Back at Daughter Alabama and Son Landon’s Claims About Her Absent Parenting
Why would the kids be friends prior to a relationship? That makes no sense. Anyhoo, everyone involved is an attention whore.
RHOA The guy Falynn proposed in the bowling alley is talking
Falynn in the video doesn't appear to have her implants, which she had in 2019. And if his version of the story was true, Simon would have been...
Ma'Khia Bryant case shines light on 'adultification' of Black girls
Teens who kill or attempt to kill should be treated as adults since murder is an adult crime. If you’re old enough to commit an adult crime...
UPDATE Confirmed: Kobe Bryant, 41, and daughter Gianna, 13, killed in helicopter crash
Actually I am aware. Thats not news to me. I still said what I said lol. My point in saying that is regardless of who is on what side, family...
  • Poll
Who's More Attractive: Drake or J. Cole?
I’m not a fan of Drake but definitely him. J cole has bad breath, his breath smells like weed and horse’s shit! On top of that he has messed up...
Toya, Simone & Apollonia go live to talk crap (M2M); Heavenly responds
Lol. I’ve been watching M2M since season 2. Thus, I’ve been familiar with heavenly’s antics. I didn’t really know about the city girls...
It’s the stupidity for me
Are they giving people paid time off or are they paying them, like giving them a bonus or gift card? The two are very different. You get PTO by...
Top Bottom