Quantcast

Ma'Khia Bryant case shines light on 'adultification' of Black girls

SOY BEANS

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,879 108 190
Alleybux
I came across a news story on Youtube about a 9 year old white boy who set his house on fire and killed his entire family. The prosecutor said it wasn't an accident and the boy intended to harm the family. I believe one family member may have escaped but not sure. I read the comments section and the outpouring of sympathy for him was very evident. They were saying the kid needed therapy. The felt sorry for him ETC....now when I read the comments on the video of the body cam of the cop who shot Ma'Khia Bryant there were racist comments, comments about her size, comments expressing concern about the dog that the one girl was holding. None of them felt sorry for her and seemed to enjoy watching her getting shot. It was disgusting.
You're comparing a 9 year old kid to a 16 year old when they're not comparable at all.

Avril

Sweetheart
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
737 25 17
Alleybux
Chile....
Arguing and bickering is not a reason to slit someone's throat. If they were really out here putting hands on folks, especially an elderly woman, surely there's a police report to substantiate those accusations, right?

I'm looking for this huge mob of women, with knives attacking this poor innocent girl. The only person I see with a weapon was Ma'Khia. The other lady is standing with a damn dog. Who brings a puppy to a brawl?
The police are worried about covering their own asses they didn’t bother to search the women for weapons or investigate the incidents immediately before or weeks leading up to the shooting. When the little sister called them distressed, requesting to be removed from the house.

The woman in pink came to the house on multiple occasions. On that day for the foster mother’s birthday. Hence a dog being present. No one implies she left house intending to brawl. However, her and the other woman started yelling at the teens about cleaning up, which wasn’t their place, which lead to an argument, which lead to a fight.

The women were the adults.
The women did not live at the house.
If the women had concerns with tidiness they should have told the teens’ foster mother and let her address it with the girls.

Yelling at or putting your hands on kids who are not yours or you have no responsibility for is not your place.

Those women were DEAD ASS WRONG for laying hands and they should’ve been charged with assault as should Ma’khia’s father.

ALL of the adults in this situation were wrong, with the exception of the grandmother who tried to do right by the kids and keep them in her custody.

I’m not gonna blame the teen who felt the need to defend herself and her little sister from 2 grown ass women.

SOY BEANS

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,879 108 190
Alleybux
How is he going to command her to drop the knife when she literally ran up on the girl within 2 seconds?

He had no time to play with the girl's life.She was literally about to be stabbed.

Thank you for actually posting the video, anybody who watches that and still sides with makhia bryant is just stupid.

SOY BEANS

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,879 108 190
Alleybux
White male school shooters are often referred to as boys or children. I've heard multiple commentators even refer to Kyle Rittenhouse as a kid or child. Remember, he took it upon himself to go to another state with a high power weapon to "protect property" and keep protesters in line. He killed a man and wounded another, then freely roamed the streets with a visible weapon until he proactively surrendered to police.

People understand that Ma'khia made a poor decision on the day that she was killed. Unfortunately many kids make poor decisions all of the time that we hope won't result in them hurting / killing someone else or themselves. I just don't understand the lack of empathy for this poor child. She was failed by almost every adult in her life. She clearly had 16 difficult years of life on this earth. You don't end up in foster care because you've had a great life.

I'm disgusted by her parents who couldn't be bothered to comply with the court's orders to regain custody of their children, but have time to show up for a street fight and an interview after she was killed. God Bless that poor child's soul....the deck was stacked against her!
We feel sorry for her because she was failed by her parents, but that doesn't mean that she was innocent. She was the aggressor and tried to kill TWO INNOCENT BLACK WOMEN after the cops had already arrived.

SOY BEANS

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,879 108 190
Alleybux
The question is why are you so hellbent on having other Black women side with you on this. Why does it matter at this point. The police did what they did.What good does arguing with other Black women and justifying the killing of a black girl teen do for you or the collective of Black girls and Black women.

You have been arguing and trying to justify her death all up and through this thread and my question is why? She no longer alive. Why won’t you let it go?

No other group of people ever justify the death of their own. So stop trying to get other Black women on this site to agree with you in justifying her death.

Let it go.
Because calling this police brutality's when its clearly not makes us look incompetent and unable to use critical thinking skills, and makes our fight for justice seem weak.

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,485 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
Unless i read it wrong you post said she was 16. A 16 year old and a 9 year old are miles apart.
Do you live under a fµck!ng rock? There are criminals of all ages who get sympathy just because they are WHITE. That's the point!!!

Seems like you're one of the clowns who believes the same thing. Kick rocks!!

Priceless Peer

Go Big Orange
Reaction score
Reactions
85,237 2,026 683
Alleybux
I guess y'all forgot these grown behind women came over there and threatened two teenage girls. Girls are only girls to some of y'all only if men are in the mix. If it was a twenty something old male former foster child causing this drama, the tune would be different in here.

Priceless Peer

Go Big Orange
Reaction score
Reactions
85,237 2,026 683
Alleybux
Not that she was about to stab someone to death, but “adultification”?

These media outlets really know how to fan the fµck!ng fires, man. I’m tired of the emotional manipulation of black people by the media.
The adultification of Black girls is not made up though. Plenty of research.

NoAngel

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
5,668 243 160
Alleybux
The police are worried about covering their own asses they didn’t bother to search the women for weapons or investigate the incidents immediately before or weeks leading up to the shooting. When the little sister called them distressed, requesting to be removed from the house.

The woman in pink came to the house on multiple occasions. On that day for the foster mother’s birthday. Hence a dog being present. No one implies she left house intending to brawl. However, her and the other woman started yelling at the teens about cleaning up, which wasn’t their place, which lead to an argument, which lead to a fight.

The women were the adults.
The women did not live at the house.
If the women had concerns with tidiness they should have told the teens’ foster mother and let her address it with the girls.

Yelling at or putting your hands on kids who are not yours or you have no responsibility for is not your place.

Those women were DEAD ASS WRONG for laying hands and they should’ve been charged with assault as should Ma’khia’s father.

ALL of the adults in this situation were wrong, with the exception of the grandmother who tried to do right by the kids and keep them in her custody.

I’m not gonna blame the teen who felt the need to defend herself and her little sister from 2 grown ass women.
This has been said multiple times. That other font calling people loud and wrong didnt respond to your FACTS. And before mf start talking sh!t about what they THINK mf don’t know, did y’all slow asses know there was two other cops ALREADY ON THE SCENE when Mr. Trigger decided to shoot when he had time to stop the incident completely. These mf can go STRAIGHT TO HELL.