Man Arrested For Killing Landlord Trying To Collect Rent, Dumps His Body

Reaffirmed
Reactions
142,639 9,602 8,444
Alleybux
St. Louis man shot landlord who was collecting rent, then dumped his body in East St. Louis, charges say | News Headlines | kmov.com

St. Louis man shot landlord who was collecting rent, then dumped his body in East St. Louis, charges say

601186eeb9af6.image.jpg

Lamonte Johnson is accused of killing Charles Braxton on Jan. 3, 2021 in the City of St. Louis.

St. Louis Police Department

EAST ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – A St. Louis man is facing charges after a body was found near the Poplar Street Bridge earlier this month, police say.

On Jan. 13, police in East St. Louis found the body of Charles Braxton, of Florissant, at 6th Street and Trendley Avenue. According to police, the 57-year-old was killed in the 2900 block of Michigan 10 days before his body was found.

Neighbors of Braxton in Florissant had reported him missing on Jan. 3, police said.

When St. Louis detectives were notified the homicide took place in their jurisdiction, they took over the investigation. According to the probable cause statement, Lamont E. Johnson, 51, fatally shot Braxton, when Braxton showed up at Johnson's home to collect rent.

Johnson was paying rent to Braxton for the home on Michigan Avenue, which belonged to a recently dead relative. The two argued over rent and then the dispute became physical and Johnson shot Braxton, authorities said. Johnson admitted that he wrapped the Braxton's body in a rug, drove the body to East St. Louis and hid it under the bridge.

A search of Johnson's home revealed a single bullet embedded in the window frame of a bedroom.

Warrants against Johnson will be applied for charging him with second-degree murder, armed criminal action and tampering evidence, police said.

Reactions
18,411 444 73
Alleybux
Paying your rent > Going to jail for murder

Senseless! Who TF do these people think they are to just take a life for no reason? Shit is sad. Humans beings are wicked!

Reactions
Alleybux
My parents, who are landlords, use to personally go to collect the monthly rents. I'm so glad they hired real estate agents for that job. RIP :cry::broken_heart:

Reaffirmed
Reactions
142,639 9,602 8,444
Alleybux
My parents, who are landlords, use to personally go to collect the monthly rents. I'm so glad they hired real estate agents for that job. RIP :cry::broken_heart:
I'm old and remember in the 1960s when they were robbing the Jewish landlords collecting their cash rent payments in my city. They started hiring big black men that were armed to go with them to collect their rent.

Butterfly Princess
BANNED
Reactions
Alleybux
I told my BF to do the same he recently brought rental properties and I told him get a property manager to handle everything. A short asian man is easy to take out.

If you’re verified on cashapp you can send up to 7500 in one go. I have a friend who uses cashapp or Venmo (I forget which one) to pay her landlord. It’s a non traditional way to pay your rent but it’s kinda smart on her landlord’s end. The transaction is documented and can be received without any hassle. Maybe more landlords will start going this route in the future.

This is absolutely terrible tho. Rip to him.

Reactions
103,624 5,046 2,203
Alleybux
If you’re verified on cashapp you can send up to 7500 in one go. I have a friend who uses cashapp or Venmo (I forget which one) to pay her landlord. It’s a non traditional way to pay your rent but it’s kinda smart on her landlord’s end. The transaction is documented and can be received without any hassle. Maybe more landlords will start going this route in the future.

This is absolutely terrible tho. Rip to him.
I use venmo to pay my rent. My BF uses this thingy on appfolio, it allows them to pay. It give him and them a receipt. But he still has to go there for various reasons. And if they say they only have cash he does go.

Reactions
40,104 1,638 1,664
Alleybux
I know they say you shouldn't judge a book by his cover but he looks like a dusty negro that would try to get over. Why do people think they have the right to live somewhere and not pay??

Reactions
47,095 898 1,299
Alleybux
Saint Louis is literally lawless....

I'm starting to see why that crime bill was created. Bc these mfs literally will do wtf they want... im sick of it! I cant wait to get up out this bitch!

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Crackhead Brown being colorist again
No, he did not look up her post history however, she made that post history. Meaning that she's a hypocrite. So yes, Chris is a jackass for...
Why are women not sympathetic to REAL trans women's plight
News Flash I stopped reading your posts (beyond the first couple of lines) a number of posts ago. Your black/white "inside a small box" thinking...
Keisha Lance Bottoms not running for re-election, it's rumored that either she or her husband...
I said that in other thread a few weeks ago and this is what will happen here . I give it another 10 yrs or so I think it’s going to be less...
My Jazzy Life
Lies you tell LOL!! Jasmine barely cracks $1200 a month and Adsense takes a percentage. Why do you think she waits until the 21st of the month to...
Do white European men even like fat butts?
See I always felt that some of them are trying to look black but their features will only ever allow them to resemble a biracial/ambiguous woman...
My Niece Failed 9th Grade Help Pls!
You're right. I dont know why she failed but my dad called me up super pissed! He said that maybe homeschool isn't for her and she needs to be in...
life of the cassells -vloggers
Maybe she’s leasing? No one in the world would think she has enough money to buy that on her own. Or she finally got that IRS check/stimulus...
Her chip has been activated
shes a little girl. a teenager. so many of them have such low self esteem and so insecure that they latch onto anything they think that make them...
Top Bottom