Quantcast

Manifest season 3| April 1st

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
Ok fr what was the point of Calvin touching the fin to disappear. Was he supposed to be doing some behind the scenes work while Ben & Saanvi worked to return the fin. Or did he basically ransom himself?

Secondly, who’s responsible Grace’s death? Ben/Mick for bringing her home or Cal for supporting her antics & telling her where the key was? Ok I know it’s Cal’s fault. Bout time for him to make a bad call, I’ve just been against them bringing her in from the jump.

And was older Cal the growth Cal was robbed of on the plane.
Grace is responsible. She should have run off with Danny and lived happily ever after with Hope, Olive and Cal. For what it's worth, her brother would have had a different outcome as well. I kept telling her Danny was the better option, but did she ever listen? No. With Saanvi consoling him, Ben would have gotten over it. All would have been well.

For some reason, manCal made sense to me. I'm sure I can't explain it. It's as if he isn't tethered to a specific time. But still subject to some rules. He knew what happened to his mother, but couldn't prevent. Yet there are some things he thinks he can prevent, which is his current mission. 828 was taken out of time and I guess Cal was able to tap into that when he disappeared. He has always been the one with the visions. His sketchbook was the basis for at least half the episodes and all of Zeke.

Lisa Landry

Fashions By Lisa
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,351 1,152 61
Alleybux
WELP.

EXCLUSIVE: NBC has opted not to renew missing plane drama series Manifest for a fourth season. The decision came down Monday night, just hours before the options on the cast were to expire Tuesday and amid a strong showing of Manifeston Netflix where it has been #1 in the U.S. for the past three days.

Manifest, from Warner Bros. TV and Universal TV, was the highest-rated on linear among NBC’s four bubble shows by a wide margin, especially in total viewers. Of the four, three, Debris, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist and now Manifest, have been canceled. The remaining series, Good Girls, is looking good for renewal.

Manifest was conceived by creator Jeff Rake and was sold to NBC with a six-season plan that has been mapped out. That plan — and fans’ three years of devoted following — will fall through unless another network/platform steps in to pick up the series following its cancellation by NBC.

As is the case with all high-profile series, WBTV is expected to look for a new home. Netflix, whereManifest debuted last Thursday, immediately shooting up to #3 in the U.S. before taking over the top spot, could be a possibility but there have been no formal conversations yet, I hear.

Manifest was developed at Warner Bros. TV by Susan Rovner, who sold it to NBC and guided it creatively at the studio until she joined NBCUniversal as content chief last fall and made the ultimate call on the show’s future at the broadcast network.

“We are having conversations with Susan,” Warner Bros. Television Group chairman Channing Dungey told Deadline last month during interviews with TV studio chiefs about Upfronts 2021. “We would love for the show to continue on NBC.”

Manifest, which premiered in September 2018, focuses on Montego Air Flight 828, which landed safely after a turbulent but routine flight. The crew and passengers were relieved, but in the span of those few hours, the world had aged five years and their friends, families and colleagues — after mourning their loss — had given up hope and moved on. Now, faced with the impossible, they’re all given a second chance. But as their new realities become clear, a deeper mystery unfolds, and some of the returned passengers soon realize they might be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible.

SPOILER ALERT: In the two-hour Season 3 finale last week, one of the main characters in the series, Grace, played by original cast member Athena Karkanis, was killed off, Ben (Josh Dallas) and Grace’s son Cal (Jack Messina) returned but has inexplicably aged, and, in the last seconds of the finale, Gupta saw the entire 828 airliner appear abruptly at Eureka, with its pilot inside, before just as quickly disappearing for a classic cliffhanger ending.

The finale was steady in the demo, matching the previous week Live+Same Day adults 18-49 series low (0.4 rating) while the second hour logged a new L+SD viewership low mark (2.6 million).

Manifest stars Dallas, Melissa Roxburgh, JR Ramirez, Luna Blaise, Messina, Parveen Kaur and Matt Long.

The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television, Universal Television, Compari Entertainment and Jeff Rake Productions. Jeff Rake, Jack Rapke, Jackie Levine and Len Goldstein are the executive producers.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
222,007 5,786 517
Alleybux
WELP.

EXCLUSIVE: NBC has opted not to renew missing plane drama series Manifest for a fourth season. The decision came down Monday night, just hours before the options on the cast were to expire Tuesday and amid a strong showing of Manifeston Netflix where it has been #1 in the U.S. for the past three days.

Manifest, from Warner Bros. TV and Universal TV, was the highest-rated on linear among NBC’s four bubble shows by a wide margin, especially in total viewers. Of the four, three, Debris, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist and now Manifest, have been canceled. The remaining series, Good Girls, is looking good for renewal.

Manifest was conceived by creator Jeff Rake and was sold to NBC with a six-season plan that has been mapped out. That plan — and fans’ three years of devoted following — will fall through unless another network/platform steps in to pick up the series following its cancellation by NBC.

As is the case with all high-profile series, WBTV is expected to look for a new home. Netflix, whereManifest debuted last Thursday, immediately shooting up to #3 in the U.S. before taking over the top spot, could be a possibility but there have been no formal conversations yet, I hear.

Manifest was developed at Warner Bros. TV by Susan Rovner, who sold it to NBC and guided it creatively at the studio until she joined NBCUniversal as content chief last fall and made the ultimate call on the show’s future at the broadcast network.

“We are having conversations with Susan,” Warner Bros. Television Group chairman Channing Dungey told Deadline last month during interviews with TV studio chiefs about Upfronts 2021. “We would love for the show to continue on NBC.”

Manifest, which premiered in September 2018, focuses on Montego Air Flight 828, which landed safely after a turbulent but routine flight. The crew and passengers were relieved, but in the span of those few hours, the world had aged five years and their friends, families and colleagues — after mourning their loss — had given up hope and moved on. Now, faced with the impossible, they’re all given a second chance. But as their new realities become clear, a deeper mystery unfolds, and some of the returned passengers soon realize they might be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible.

SPOILER ALERT: In the two-hour Season 3 finale last week, one of the main characters in the series, Grace, played by original cast member Athena Karkanis, was killed off, Ben (Josh Dallas) and Grace’s son Cal (Jack Messina) returned but has inexplicably aged, and, in the last seconds of the finale, Gupta saw the entire 828 airliner appear abruptly at Eureka, with its pilot inside, before just as quickly disappearing for a classic cliffhanger ending.

The finale was steady in the demo, matching the previous week Live+Same Day adults 18-49 series low (0.4 rating) while the second hour logged a new L+SD viewership low mark (2.6 million).

Manifest stars Dallas, Melissa Roxburgh, JR Ramirez, Luna Blaise, Messina, Parveen Kaur and Matt Long.

The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television, Universal Television, Compari Entertainment and Jeff Rake Productions. Jeff Rake, Jack Rapke, Jackie Levine and Len Goldstein are the executive producers.

It must have gotten too expensive because it's ratings weren't bad at all. I've been playing catch up but I guess it doesn't matter now..

Lisa Landry

Fashions By Lisa
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,351 1,152 61
Alleybux
It must have gotten too expensive because it's ratings weren't bad at all. I've been playing catch up but I guess it doesn't matter now..
I’m surprised they let both this and Debris go. I didn’t watch Debris but I figured letting that go left room for this, especially since the ratings were fine. So yea, must’ve been too expensive.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
Manifest fans may want to check out Travelers on Netflix. It was a Canadian show that Netflix picked up. Three seasons. It does have an ending, albeit one that could have led to more seasons.

The travelers are from our future who are sent back in time to make specific changes so as to prevent their world from being a disaster. They have a unique form of travel that raises some ethical issues all of which contributes to the show being interesting. It's time travel, so don't expect it to make complete sense.

Our very own Michela (Melissa Roxburgh) makes a guest appearance midway though season 2. It is the reason I've always liked Mick, because I enjoyed that episode.

Caveat: It is created by Brad Wright, one of the creators of Stargate SG1. They don't see Black women. I love Stargate, watched all of the series, but that franchise never had the potential to develop the richness or longevity of Star Trek because they didn't include Black women. The Black men all tend to be bullies and thugs, at best warriors, so I prefer that they left us out. Travelers does have Carly, but I don't want to give too much away.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
222,007 5,786 517
Alleybux
So I finally finished this season. I honestly don't know how this could go on for 3 more. It seemed like things were starting to wrap once they finally got to the point. I still maintain this a money issue but NBC could give them 1 more season to wrap things up. Many of these episodes seemed like filler to me (i.e. The entire crack head arc). I did like that Saanvi finally got the screen time she deserved. I honestly don't think the writers even know what happened to the 828s. :laugh2

Last edited:

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
The meth dealers weren't filler, IMO. They were essential to figuring out the lifeboat theory. But I think the way they used them was bad science. They concluded that since the fate of those 3 were linked that it meant the fates of all the 828ers are linked. That doesn't necessarily follow since the methheads were linked before they went into the lake. But now they are running around thinking they are some 828 musketeers. They just don't have enough data for that determination.

I think it is interesting that big Cal wasn't there to change the result but only to add comfort. He says it's all right he knows what he has to do now. What does he mean by all right? When he first disappeared he said he had to show them. Show them what? I can't tell if the sinking the tailfin was a success. Then he disappeared again saying there was still time. Is he trying to save their lives or their souls? I guess we'll never know.

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,126 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
I feel like this show had Identity issues. At first it started out as a mystery thriller, like Lost. Why did this happen and how will the passengers learn to deal with their lives at home post disappearance? They dealt with family struggles, financial, etc....

Then it turns into a detective procedural crime drama where the two main characters are pretty much solving crimes every week because they have the power of the calling. They completely drop the interpersonal character stories and go full on CSI.....

Then, they get bored of being a crime solving show and decide to go back to the Lost format, only now they’ve seem to overly correct the issue and go full on x files where michaela and Ben become mulder and skully finding the missing pieces of the davinci code. they sideline every other character and i only assume that if they were to ever get a season 4 aliens would have been introduced officially. They already sending people to Egypt and bringing up Noah’s ark, only thing missing is....

alens.jpg

This is what happens on network tv. They never know if the pilot iwll get green lit and even if it does they never plan past the first seasons cause of how often shows to get cancelled on broadcast tv after one season.So they go all out to make the first as compelling as possible, they unload the entire clip into the conclusion just in case it never actually gets picked up, they can say they had a hell of a first season, like firefly or something.

Now that it becomes popular enough to go on they pretty much have to scramble to put a plot together, keep actors around they werent planning on, and trying to recreate the magic of the first season. This just ends up circling the drain of ideas, ex. Love triangles, relationships breaking up and getting back together, new powers, introducing more younger characters, making existing characters into caricatures (Ben becoming more obsessed, Zeke developing empathy powers, saanvi gaining a stigmata or some other zany sh!t again, etc.) to the point where it feels like 3 sharks have been jumped by now.

Now that they knew they were getting cancelled they throw one last Hail Mary and actaully progress to the plot in the season 3 finale but its clearly too late. People have mostly moved on to the next best thing but it’s probably for the best because like Lost the conclusion would most likely be disappointing anyway.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
222,007 5,786 517
Alleybux
Netflix is not picking up the show. I guess I definitely won’t catch up now

I guess it just wasn't worth it despite the views that it was getting on Netflix. I like the show enough but not enough to get upset over it not continuing. I would love to know what went into this decision.

Last edited:

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,126 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
Netflix is not picking up the show. I guess I definitely won’t catch up now

Lmao I’m so mad i just binged watched this bµllsh!t for like 12 straight days on two different streaming services. I invested so much brain power into figuring out this dumb ass story and now its wasted.

Senseless information stuck in my head now. Now i know how the characters on the show felt

BoutThatTime

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,523 844 424
Alleybux
Lmao I’m so mad i just binged watched this bµllsh!t for like 12 straight days on two different streaming services. I invested so much brain power into figuring out this dumb ass story and now its wasted.

Senseless information stuck in my head now. Now i know how the characters on the show felt
Ugh, I just binged the first 2 seasons on Netflix. Hooked and went looking for Season 3. Just stating it on Hulu but now I don’t know if I should just abandon ship or what. Uuugh lol

Edit: I’m hoping enough views may make Netflix or some other network reconsider though lol

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
I was just thinking I liked the 3rd season but they were dragging things out to much. Then I came up with a theory, do you think they drag things out because they have a perverse need to involve Ben in absolutely everything and it is too much to have any actor appear in that many scenes. Ben really is heavily involved with every story and character except Beverly. I would have said he wasn't involved with the cop stories, until he was.

The meth dealers had something to contribute but they could have made their contribution a lot quicker. Except Ben had to be over at the secret base.

It is like they tell every story twice. Once for the audience, then again for Ben. It doesn't help that Ben is slow on the uptake and it takes him a lot longer than your typical sentient being to figure things out.

Anyway, I'm going to work on that theory. Other shows must have a way around it.

Bobby hope

Reborn Splenda Daddy
Reaction score
Reactions
352,126 24,663 36,581
Alleybux
Ugh, I just binged the first 2 seasons on Netflix. Hooked and went looking for Season 3. Just stating it on Hulu but now I don’t know if I should just abandon ship or what. Uuugh lol

Edit: I’m hoping enough views may make Netflix or some other network reconsider though lol
Netflix already passed on it so it’s most likely dead unless Hulu wants it which I doubt

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
222,007 5,786 517
Alleybux
After passing on the 25th Law and Order spinoff and it's great performance on Netflix another season may happen. The #savemanfiest crew was very organized. They would leave the show streaming in the background to boost views

‘Manifest’ May Be Saved As Netflix, NBC Eye New Season Of Canceled Series

We may have a repeat of 2017 when NBC canceled Timeless after one season but reversed its decision days later following fan outcry. Manifest, another high-concept NBC drama with passionate fan base that started its run in the high-profile Monday 10 PM slot, also could get resurrected following its cancellation by the network.

A month after the missing plane drama was axed by NBC after three seasons and Netflix opted not to pick it up, NBC is in conversations with Manifest studio Warner Bros TV about a possible renewal, sources tell Deadline. In an intriguing twist, I hear Netflix also has resumed talks with Warner Bros TV about a fourth season on the streamer and they have been picking up momentum.

The conversations are happening as Manifest Season 1 and Season 2 viewership continues to surge on Netflix in the U.S. and the #SaveManifest fan campaign remains strong. Reps for Warner Bros TV, Netflix and NBC declined comment.

Two other things happened since NBC on June 14 canceled Manifest, the highest-rated on linear among the network’s four bubble shows by a wide margin, especially in total viewers.

The network’s planned eight-episode Season 5 pickup of Good Girls fell through at the last minute over cast-deal issues, and NBC on June 25 announced that Good Girls would not be coming back after all.

On July 15, NBC revised its fall 2020 schedule, revealing that ordered new spinoff series Law & Order: For the Defense was not moving forward, with veteran The Blacklist taking the drama’s Thursday 8 p.m. slot.

The two moves freed up funds in NBC’s 2020-21 drama series budget and opened up holes on the schedule, which is believed to have helped reopen renewal talks with Warner Bros TV on Manifest.

Meanwhile, I hear Netflix has restarted talks after passing on the show in June as Manifest has been showing great resilience, remaining in the daily top 10 for more than a month and topping the Nielsen streaming ratings in its first week of release on the platform.

There are complicating factors, most notably international distribution for the series. Netflix typically wants global rights for its originals, and Warner Bros TV already has sold Manifest internationally market by market (Season 3 just launched in the UK on Sky.)

That would also be an obstacle to a potential combo NBC-Netflix pact in the mold of the agreement on Good Girls, which included Netflix controlling international rights in addition to domestic full-season streaming.

But Manifest has been too big of a hit in the U.S. for Netflix to not pursue it. Additionally, Warner Bros TV have a working template for successfully moving a canceled broadcast drama to the streamer and overcoming international distribution obstacles with Lucifer, so I hear there is a path to make a deal for Manifest if both sides can reach an agreement.

Manifest creator Jeff Rake, who had kept fans engaged with live-tweeting sessions and trivia contests, appeared to be hinting at possible new developments. On July 12, he started retweeting stories about Manifest‘s strong performance on Netflix with captions like “The case for renewal” and “The case of renewal builds,” repeatedly asking fans to “keep the faith,” telling them Monday that “you are being heard.” Rake has this tweet pinned at the top of his feed:

The cancellation marked a premature ending for Manifest, leaving unanswered questions and unresolved Season 3 finale cliffhangers for the series, which had been conceived by Rake for a six-season run.

Manifest
stars Josh Dallas, Melissa Roxburgh, J.R. Ramirez, Luna Blaise, Jack Messina, Parveen Kaur and Matt Long. I hear the cast is no longer under options and there are no ongoing conversations, but all have participated in the #SaveManifest campaign and have expressed their willingness to come back.

Last edited:

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
I want Manifest to come back so this is good news, but so embarrassing for NBC. They don't seem to have a handle on their programming at all.

TRamos

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,660 343 62
Alleybux

Netflix is in negotiations to extend it for another season. They’ve already recruited the writing team back, so that means there will definitely be another season coming soon.

bonitaapplebum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,640 1,906 312
Alleybux
Netflix is in negotiations to extend it for another season. They’ve already recruited the writing team back, so that means there will definitely be another season coming soon.
That's good. Even if the next season is the finale I won't be mad as long as they give proper answers

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
I hope that means we get another season, but it sounds far from definite. There are plenty of shows that have been written and even filmed, but you need agreements to air them. Plus these days you also have to worry about streams and international agreements. A lot of people want to know they are going to make money before they worry about letting us see something. I'm going to remain positive and hope we get at least one more season.

BoutThatTime

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,523 844 424
Alleybux
I thought that might happen! Let me tell you how I live in LA and had purposely started bringing Manifest up and the fact that I can’t believe it’s cancelled up in conversations in these streets. Never know who is in the room. I needs my closure LOL

Churro

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,740 253 16
Alleybux
Sanvi is annoying. Contacting Vance and keeps telling things that are secrets.

Churro

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,740 253 16
Alleybux
Anyone else starting to lose interest? I've been trying to catch up but after the episode where Zeke offered to be a care taker I kind of tuned out.
I’m tired of the word, “calling,” but i’m still watching.

Chrysanthemum

A Woman/Chrysler
Reaction score
Reactions
32,178 1,007 832
Alleybux
Are we sure whatever entity is controlling all of this is good?
honestly i was hoping adrian saying it was evil would happen. that was an exciting thought.
For some reason, manCal made sense to me. I'm sure I can't explain it. It's as if he isn't tethered to a specific time. But still subject to some rules. He knew what happened to his mother, but couldn't prevent. Yet there are some things he thinks he can prevent, which is his current mission. 828 was taken out of time and I guess Cal was able to tap into that when he disappeared. He has always been the one with the visions. His sketchbook was the basis for at least half the episodes and all of Zeke.
yes. teenage/grown cal makes sense and that last scene was what made me interested in a new season. that and the pilot coming back but without the dr lady.