Quantcast

Manifest season 3| April 1st

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
Wouldnt studying Zeke or Sanvii help understand surviving the death dates better? They both survived thiers and Pete might not, the logic really isnt here in this 1.
Saanvi hasn't survived her death date. She doesn't have the callings anymore so she doesn't think she'll have the opportunity to save herself.

I guess it makes sense that they would link all of their fates into one, since the callings have been about saving the passengers. Wasn't there one that said that explicitly? It's completely idiotic because there's no way to keep that many people on the straight and narrow. They should just party until their death dates.

Having two episodes back to back worked out for me. In the first episode Ben says to Saanvi and Vance that apart from his family, they are the two people closest to him. Since I don't count Ben's family, that means Saanvi and Vance are closest to him, which is the show I want to watch.

Saanvi really is a complete screw up, but I like her, so I just laugh at all the dumb things she does each week.

Grace's brother, yikes. Who came up with that loser character?

Olive. Deep sigh.

Red Coat

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
8,270 94 21
Alleybux
Grace's brother pissed me off. Sad he had to die that way but could he be more stupid?! Out here running his damn mouth just cause he wants to open a restaurant.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
Am I losing it or do Cal and Olive look a lot alike these days? I didn't see it before. Still no excuse to cast either one of them in major roles.

apryll6969

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
280,070 8,311 1,917
Alleybux
I dont mean to be insensitive to the situation but isnt Angelina a lil bit too emotional over a man she only spoke to once in lockup. Her parents locked her in a cage she hasnt cried once but deep depression for the man who kidnapped the child who gave you his bedroom after his family recused you from a cement box.

What is kidnapping Ben suppose to do for them?

Where the hell is Jarrods wife? I know she knows he aint with Mick, why she not coming back to get her man?

apryll6969

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
280,070 8,311 1,917
Alleybux
What a kind and loving sister. fµck!ng your sisters husband takes a special kind of woman.
Death before dishonor, not dishonor once dead.

Why do i have the feeling he was fµck!ng his wifes sister the moment she got on the plane. I fully see them having an affair 6 mos before flight 828.

Being that Cal is really 17, isnt that 12yo girl a lil too young for him?

Sanvii is a dumb ass, there was a whole 828 cult and general crazy folks, that tried to kill her a good 4 times, the world does not need to know and build other cults. The Christians believe in the ark and the atheists never will so just leave it alone.

Congratulations, you won an abuser!
This is exactly why you should never envy someone elses situation, you dont know who mastered the art of covering up bruises and blackeyes.

I think Angelina has been in the basement too long, her batshit crazy side is ready to surface

NotW8n

Puppet Master
Reaction score
Reactions
8,694 180 72
Alleybux
She's going to kidnap the baby

That means More Grace and Olive scenes smdh

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
I'm not following a calling that is leading me towards big thick ominous smoke. More passengers probably got the calling but they went the other way.

I didn't know what we were supposed to think of the sisters and the husband. I mean because I definitely think they have all these couples wrong. If I were in charge, we'd have BenSaan. Zeke would not exist and Jared and Mick would be together. Grace would take the kids and hook up with what's his name. Olive would not be dating a guy in his 20s, even if he is on a different continent.

I believed the bonding in grief story as the start of the sister and husband getting together. Except, she was grieving and he was a predator. I take it the story was about lies, self deception, lack of self esteem and insecurity trapping people in awful lives. The younger sister grew up jealous of the older sister because she thought she had it all. When she had the same thing, she learned the real thing was nothing like the image but was too ashamed to get help and get out. Is this a lesson for 828?

Can't say I'm that thrilled with their overly religious take on the flight. But does any of it matter? Ben is killing himself trying to keep the passengers pure, but his girl Saanvi has killed the Major which must be some bad juju for the lifeboat. I love that even though she knows he has this one for all theory, she hasn't confessed. Killing the Major was an accident, but it was wrong to inject her to set the process in motion. It's probably not intended to be funny, but I laugh.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,990 5,786 517
Alleybux
Anyone else starting to lose interest? I've been trying to catch up but after the episode where Zeke offered to be a care taker I kind of tuned out.

apryll6969

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
280,070 8,311 1,917
Alleybux
I know new girl is a bit nutty but why is Olive acting like that? She has no clue this girl is batshit and as of last ep was trying to involve her in things.

Ben seriously just now saw Saanvi in that book? smh
O wow, the truth really will set you free

Beverly is a shady fµck!ng b!tch, lol

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
I think Zeke was just projecting his own insecurities onto Beverly. I'm glad they are giving Adriane Lenox a paycheck, I liked her on The Blacklist, but I don't get the point of Beverly. I don't get the point of Zeke either.

Again, how old is Olive?
(that's rhetorical) I know, I just don't think the writers know.

Last edited:

apryll6969

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
280,070 8,311 1,917
Alleybux
I think Zeke was just projecting his own insecurities onto Beverly. I'm glad they are giving Adriane Lenox a paycheck, I liked her on The Blacklist, but I don't get the point of Beverly. I don't get the point of Zeke either.

Again, how old is Olive?

apryll6969

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
280,070 8,311 1,917
Alleybux
Im so happy Zeke read Angelina, she was locked in a fµck!ng closet for over a year and the only person she bonded with after her release was in a sense murdered in front of her, shes weird with reason but not a harmful threat that needs to be sent away.

Look at Sanvii turning her accident-prone ass into a positive

ok, so Angelina might need to be sent away for safety reasons

Vix15

Is Jamal coming?
Reaction score
Reactions
7,448 184 8
Alleybux
Anyone else starting to lose interest? I've been trying to catch up but after the episode where Zeke offered to be a care taker I kind of tuned out.

Me!

I came to the thread to read and see what I have been missing, but my interest hasn’t piqued. I’ll probably catch up eventually as the episodes are in my DVR, but this season has lost me. I just want the finale to happen already to see if we get any real answers.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
Are we sure whatever entity is controlling all of this is good? Opening up a volcano on roadway and earthquakes hitting NYC don't seem all that benevolent.

While none of us probably feel all that bad about the deaths of meth dealers, it is a little off to dangle the possibility of redemption in front of them when they've made the right choices only to kill them because they weren't able to convince some third guy to also do the right thing. That's more like a sick joke.

I get that they wanted a way to have Ben more in people's business than he would be anyway, but it doesn't make much sense.

Angelina was dangerous, but I'm not happy just putting her out on the street to fend for herself. Besides that Grace is losing a babysitter which is going to put a cramp into her opening a new restaurant. New restaurants from people with no experience can't have a good track record, especially when you don't have any money and you can't be available 24/7. How soon before Zeke starts working there. There has to be a reason they keep mentioning his cooking.

Can't believe Mick told Zeke that Saanvi killed the major. She might as well have printed it in the paper.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,990 5,786 517
Alleybux
Me!

I came to the thread to read and see what I have been missing, but my interest hasn’t piqued. I’ll probably catch up eventually as the episodes are in my DVR, but this season has lost me. I just want the finale to happen already to see if we get any real answers.
All mine are stacking up in the DVR too so I'm sure I'll watch eventually. I hope things pick up. I heard that this one NBC bubble shows but they're making the renewal decision after the Olympics.

bonitaapplebum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,640 1,906 312
Alleybux
On ep 5 right now.
They need to stop playing with Vance's life.
Grace having a black brother was random AF
Is jared and Michaela's coworker flirting?
Also, they wanted to move Beverly out the house the same day her husband died!??
Olive and that guy on campus look alike, I hoping be mad if they hooked up
Wait, so Vance knew Saanvi killed major? When did he find out?

I get the feeling these writers don't know where they want to go with this show.

Last edited:

bonitaapplebum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,640 1,906 312
Alleybux
EP 6.
I know they didn't do a Mufasa/Scar scene at the beginning lol
She did all that with a dislocated shoulder??

Last edited:

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
On ep 5 right now.
They need to stop playing with Vance's life.
Grace having a black brother was random AF
Is jared and Michaela's coworker flirting?
Also, they wanted to move Beverly out the house the same day her husband died!??
Olive and that guy on campus look alike, I hoping be mad if they hooked up
Wait, so Vance knew Saanvi killed major? When did he find out?

I get the feeling these writers don't know where they want to go with this show.
Saanvi called Vance that same night like a teenager who wrecked the family car.

Allegedly, they have a six year plan for the show. That could be true. It is also true that not every plan is a good plan. But even though I think the show is dumb as hell, for some reason I enjoy watching it. I missed it when it didn't come on last week. It is oddly soothing.

bonitaapplebum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,640 1,906 312
Alleybux
Saanvi called Vance that same night like a teenager who wrecked the family car.

Allegedly, they have a six year plan for the show. That could be true. It is also true that not every plan is a good plan. But even though I think the show is dumb as hell, for some reason I enjoy watching it. I missed it when it didn't come on last week. It is oddly soothing.
As much as I complain, I want to know what happens sooo here I am lol

bonitaapplebum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,640 1,906 312
Alleybux
On ep 8. Sooo Mick still has feelings for Jared and Zeke caught on?

The sister marrying the bro in law is foul
Saanvi's anxiety is sooo obvious out of all the passengers, I mean she did kill somebody but she always seems stressed and on edge. For being on 828, the relationship with the woman not working out and murder. I hope she doesn't switch up on Ben.

Angelina is a single white female, Olive and everyone else talking about she's family. SMH
Either she's falling in love w/ Olive or she'll try to replace her.

I don't trust the major's daughter either.

Could the dark clouds be volcano ashes?

bonitaapplebum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,640 1,906 312
Alleybux
Ep 9 Are we really going to revisit Mick and Jared??
Why does Ben turn his back or even look away when Egan is around?
I'm glad Saanvi finally confessed

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
Ep 9 Are we really going to revisit Mick and Jared??
Why does Ben turn his back or even look away when Egan is around?
I'm glad Saanvi finally confessed
What do you mean revisit? Some of us (I mean me) have never gone off Mick and Jared. We (again I mean me) can't figure out why we are keeping Zeke around. Let's trim the budget by ditching cast members, for instance, Zeke, Grace, Olive, Cal, Beverly, that girl living with them, all of Olive's men friends, Mick's partner.

I don't mind the Major's daughter being around to cause trouble. I just think Jared is too old to be messing with her. Not to mention it is a little predatory when he is the one who supposedly gave her closure on her mother's death.

The show should use money on more 828ers, people who can flesh out the 828 mystery, acting coaches and special effects beyond a shaky cam and toy airplanes.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,990 5,786 517
Alleybux
Just wanted to chim in to say that I never liked Zeke. He should have been killed off when he froze.

Lisa Landry

Fashions By Lisa
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,351 1,152 61
Alleybux
I dont mean to be insensitive to the situation but isnt Angelina a lil bit too emotional over a man she only spoke to once in lockup. Her parents locked her in a cage she hasnt cried once but deep depression for the man who kidnapped the child who gave you his bedroom after his family recused you from a cement box.

What is kidnapping Ben suppose to do for them?

Where the hell is Jarrods wife? I know she knows he aint with Mick, why she not coming back to get her man?
I’m catching up and I was like yoooo when did she fall in love with him?!!

Lisa Landry

Fashions By Lisa
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,351 1,152 61
Alleybux
Being that Cal is really 17, isnt that 12yo girl a lil too young for him?
I was thinking this but I guess since he’s back, he’s resuming life as a younger one as well.

Me!

This was me. 6 episodes piled up but binging is helping. I’m paying more attention now than I did when it was dragging week to week.

Lisa Landry

Fashions By Lisa
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,351 1,152 61
Alleybux
Just wanted to chim in to say that I never liked Zeke. He should have been killed off when he froze.
I didn’t like him for the longest simply because I thought he was a distraction from the 828 end goal. I should’ve been beefing with the writers.

I like how supportive he is of Mick, really that he doesn’t let her do such dangerous things alone. Not that I think Grace needs to run behind Ben but at least with M&Z they make use of two brains.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,990 5,786 517
Alleybux
I didn’t like him for the longest simply because I thought he was a distraction from the 828 end goal. I should’ve been beefing with the writers.

I like how supportive he is of Mick, really that he doesn’t let her do such dangerous things alone. Not that I think Grace needs to run behind Ben but at least with M&Z they make use of two brains.
I just hated how as soon as he appeared he started getting a lot of screen time when Saanvi can't even get a decent storyline despite being an OG cast member.

I'm sick of all the focus of the Stone family. Mick and Ben sure but they can keep those kids and the wife.

apryll6969

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
280,070 8,311 1,917
Alleybux
I cant believe Mickey actually arrested Ben, there were mitigating circumstances, he literally saved a life and where is the boys father, why isnt he in jail?

Where the hell is Olive? This disappearing act shes on is weird as hell. She has all these emotions for sh!t shes never here for.

I guess they are feeling the burning of the plane

Lisa Landry

Fashions By Lisa
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,351 1,152 61
Alleybux
I cant believe Mickey actually arrested Ben, there were mitigating circumstances, he literally saved a life and where is the boys father, why isnt he in jail?

Where the hell is Olive? This disappearing act shes on is weird as hell. She has all these emotions for sh!t shes never here for.

I guess they are feeling the burning of the plane
I’m glad she quit before she got the chance to tell the captain about Saanvi. Esp since she had to choose the badge over Ben.

I definitely noticed her absence & thought that was strange.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,649 13,178 1,857
Alleybux
Cal is taking taxis all over the city at midnight while his parents are having yet another marriage breakdown. Now Angelina has graduated from calling Eden her angel to calling herself Aaron.

If these people don't pay attention to their son!

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
BenSaan hugging = bliss. Grace as much as said Ben could do what he wanted until his death date. Minutes later he's hugging up on Saanvi. I'm here for it. Wear him out and drop him off on her doorstep seconds from a fiery death.

Things are taking a bad turn for the 828ers. You might think Ben would destroy all that info he has about all of them so it can't be used by the evil forces rounding them up. I wonder if the idiot with a photographic memory will turn on the other passengers. Make that I am positive he will turn on them if given the opportunity.

I've honestly lost track of when we last saw Adrian. I wish the first seasons were still up on Hulu. I use my few brain cells only to remember Ben and Saanvi moments, I can't keep up with the rest of their comings and goings. He was the one originally on the religious bandwagon, now they have all hopped aboard. I wonder how things will change.

For awhile there I thought they were pulling a Beautiful Mind thing with Cal and Angelina. I thought he was imagining her. For better or worse it's a real person driving around aimlessly in that cab.

The passengers didn't age in those missing 5 1/2 years. They landed the same age they took off. People should treat them differently because they are. They shouldn't be hunted down and killed or studied, but they do represent a radical change in how all of us should understand the world.

FYI their death date is June 2, 2024.

kaelove

Vamp Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
10,814 154 279
Alleybux
Am I the only one who watches this show but doesn't really love it? :LOL: It's a bit messy, and it's giving me real LOST vibes in the sense that it doesn't seem like the writers even know what's going on and they seem to be making it up as they go. :sob: But unlike with LOST I don't really love any of the characters here either, I like most of them well enough but I wouldn't really care if they all died in the end to be honest. :censored: I guess I care about Ben and Saanvi the most though.

There's something about this show that still intrigues me, I just can't resist a mystery... so I've stuck to watching the show for 3 seasons which is more than a lot of other shows I've tried. So I really hope the show is renewed and not cancelled so we actually get some answers! The first 2 seasons were really wishy-washy but at least this season it does seem like they've committed to a biblical supernatural explanation with resurrection (unless it's all a giant red herring).

I was thinking it was a case of alternate universes at first, but I'm ok with a biblical take as long as they commit to something. :joy: It's the more unusual route for them to take. Nearly always in shows like this there's some sort of sci-fi explanation, it's rare for them to go the religious fantasy route but I'm here for it.

apryll6969

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
280,070 8,311 1,917
Alleybux
for people who mean no harm and wish to "save people", they are involved in a lot of kidnappings and false imprisonments.

No Jared aint give this lil performance when he married Micks best friend.

Who that yt man?????? The fµck is going on here???????

Damn! I really thought Grace would have pulled through

I fµck!ng knew the pilot was alive! Now wheres the Dr?

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
They are really trying to get renewed. I'm proud of them.

I love the Cal switchup. Wasn't expecting that but it can work. I want to know what went wrong with him thinking he had to keep Angelina in their home. Did he misinterpret the calling or was the calling being a jerk?

It would be wrong for me to celebrate the BenSaan goodies and possibilities at this moment. Tomorrow is another day ( and only 90 minutes away).

The Major's daughter is still suspect and still too young for Jared. As for Jared, the lie isn't that you know something weird went down with the Major's death, the lie is that you are still hung up on Michaela.

I like that Ben remains consistently as dumb as dirt. Bless his heart if he ever grew a brain.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,792 1,511 698
Alleybux
First two seasons now on Netflix. I hope this is a good sign that we are getting a 4th season. It was trending #3 yesterday. I'm mad at Neflix for not having Black Lightning up there, this doesn't make up for that but it helps and they still have time to start BL's final season.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,649 13,178 1,857
Alleybux
The first 2 seasons were really wishy-washy but at least this season it does seem like they've committed to a biblical supernatural explanation with resurrection (unless it's all a giant red herring).

I was thinking it was a case of alternate universes at first, but I'm ok with a biblical take as long as they commit to something. :joy: It's the more unusual route for them to take. Nearly always in shows like this there's some sort of sci-fi explanation, it's rare for them to go the religious fantasy route but I'm here for it.
Christianity like all religions have fantasy and sci-fi elements because it deals with the 4 questions of meaning. In Manifest, they're trying to answer what happens after we die?

One of the sci-fi elements of Noah's Ark is DNA. Though Noah is a descendant of Eve & Adam, God wipes out humanity to begin with those 8 people's DNA.

Are the 828ers a beginning of a new type of homo species? one with heightened telepathy, communication and time-bound special powers of regeneration?

3rdOrFor awhile there I thought they were pulling a Beautiful Mind thing with Cal and Angelina. I thought he was imagining her. For better or worse it's a real person driving around aimlessly in that cab.

The passengers didn't age in those missing 5 1/2 years. They landed the same age they took off. People should treat them differently because they are. They shouldn't be hunted down and killed or studied, but they do represent a radical change in how all of us should understand the world.

FYI their death date is June 2, 2024.
This tickles me to no end. Cal is the sanest of them all and you thought he hallucinated a radical baby-stealing half-dead teen who had a one day love in lockup scenario then became a strong sequel for Single White Female?

Lisa Landry

Fashions By Lisa
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,351 1,152 61
Alleybux
Ok fr what was the point of Calvin touching the fin to disappear. Was he supposed to be doing some behind the scenes work while Ben & Saanvi worked to return the fin. Or did he basically ransom himself?

Secondly, who’s responsible Grace’s death? Ben/Mick for bringing her home or Cal for supporting her antics & telling her where the key was? Ok I know it’s Cal’s fault. Bout time for him to make a bad call, I’ve just been against them bringing her in from the jump.

And was older Cal the growth Cal was robbed of on the plane.