just coco

immune to the gaslighting
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
126,115 3,810 4,298
Alleybux
However, she used the funds to pour into her family,
this is SELF PRESERVATION.......what's the problem?......

black males got some nerve complaining about a 'movement' that these weak ass negroes did not start themselves......

only black males and weakest link handmaidens with black thunz donated to that fake ass movement.........

on a side note, i am glad sis is living it up......i would be doing the same thing......

Last edited:

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
this is SELF PRESERVATION.......what's the problem?......

black males got some nerve complaining about a 'movement' that these weak ass negroes did not start themselves......

only black males and weakest link handmaidens with black thunz donated to that fake ass movement.........

on a side not, i am glad sis is living it up......i would be doing the same thing......
Me too I agree. Every black woman who’s un-woke is in such a heartbreaking state of mind for the fµck what lmao I can’t FOH.

Bagatelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,440 1,680 868
Alleybux
This is also the same man that "questioned" why white people think Lupita Nyongo is pretty. He finds a negative in everything.
Did you watch the inteview? He only asked her softball questions that were obviously rehearsed. It was a PR stunt not of interview.

Bagatelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,440 1,680 868
Alleybux
Maybe I’m tripping but doesn’t a black woman accumulating wealth helpful to the community. One more family with more access and means. I don’t see the problem. White ppl do this all the time have vacation homes and vast real estate portfolio. Nothing wrong here from my perspective. Unless of course she’s using BLM funds inappropriately.
Black people dying should not be a commodity that grifters sell to white corporations.

Bagatelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,440 1,680 868
Alleybux
I get what you mean but until proven I’ll think maybe sis funded this through other endeavors and not BLM.
She is profiting from that death of black people. Several mothers, including Tamir Rice's mother have publicly told BLM to stop using using slain black people's death to make money.

Is she doing anything illegal? NO but I don't understand how some of you can defend her selling black death to rich white people.

parkerboy

Harsh Truths Cut Both Ways
Reaction score
Reactions
159,447 8,414 4,720
Alleybux
Patrisse is talking out the side of her damn ass. She's talking, but she ain't said sh!t.

I believe every-DAMN-word Samaria said about these frauds. Especially that mush-mouth, non-talking fool Crump.

Last edited:

Coco rocha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
184,376 6,191 1,175
Alleybux
BLM needs to be transparent. What are doing with all the money that they’ve received?

It’s understandable that they’re losing credibility, especially after the mothers called them out. It looks bad.

ALLOFTHIS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
185,059 4,466 2,068
Alleybux
BLM money distributions have already been detailed ad nauseum.

The families of those slain by police have mostly gotten multi-million-dollar settlements from their respective cities.

They don't need monetary help.

They need the protests to pressure the cities to prosecute the murderous police.
I never thought it was for the families. They have Ben Crump for that. Where did BLM put it to use?

maXXim

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Reactions
47,424 1,536 808
Alleybux
With all that money she has, riddle me this: in what ways has she directly given back to the black community?

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,662 13,171 1,667
Alleybux
Beware of people who lead organizations and don't take salaries. It can mean they want to leverage the position for personal enrichment without being subject to conflict of interest rules. (i.e., the Trumps)

People in a position like that should be paid w/ an appropriate salary determined by a structured Board or process with transparent conflict of interest rules about outside income. But if you're claiming your'e not taking a salary, the whole world becomes your oyster & you leverage the value of that position to take personal funds from outside entities.

robertacavalli

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,202 169 145
Alleybux
She directly or indirectly benefited from the murders of black people. A lot of modern-day activists did. That's why parents and families of those slain people have started to call them out. How is it that they had to endure this tragedy, but someone else is profiting? Anyone would question it.
Exactly. I think these red herring attacks re Marxism and property ownership, while valid in their own right, take away from the original critique that she profited off of Black death. Even if it was via a different vehicle than BLM her social capital was certainly propped up by BLM to ensure her success in those other endeavors. And that's just fact.

People are calling a spade a spade and it's making people uncomfortable. As it should.

Solidarity with the mama's.

ALLOFTHIS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
185,059 4,466 2,068
Alleybux
Patrisse is talking out the side of her damn ass. She's talking, but she ain't said sh!t.

I believe every-DAMN-word Samaria said about these frauds. Especially that mush-mouth, non-talking fool Crump.

What laws was Crimp supposed to know? He's there for wrongful death and compensation to families. The attorneys that these families hire call him. He knows this issue well and he can make the news when needed.

He can't practice in ALL states.

Leona King

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,154 858 348
Alleybux
BLM money distributions have already been detailed ad nauseum.

The families of those slain by police have mostly gotten multi-million-dollar settlements from their respective cities.

They don't need monetary help.

They need the protests to pressure the cities to prosecute the murderous police.
But folks who donated and local chapters made demands for those allocation reports to be publicized. That shouldn't have even been a question to begin with. Also, they scrambled to put it together and spent more time talking about how many 'likes' were generated on social media rather than distribution of funds.

It's completely okay for her to have very nice things. It's also okay for people to hold leaders and non-profit orgs accountable.

MissShawna

Do your ghetto antics know no bounds!?
Reaction score
Reactions
228,840 6,531 2,493
Alleybux
Where the money reside where the money reside?
Did BLM ever detail where that mili went?
That’s all I want to know. I’m nosy

It went in her bank account and portfolio. Tbh this conversation should have happened years ago when BLM had nothing to show for all the donations. I’m glad it’s finally being exposed but it’s too little too late at this point.

Fly2TheMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,642 5,838 2,017
Alleybux
The entire BLM organization is a fraud and a money grab. What do they actually do besides yell out a slogan? And where’s all these millions of dollars going? Are they giving any of the donations to the poor black people? What about funding after school programs in poor black neighborhoods? Back to school drive? I haven’t heard about them doing anything.

peaches345

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,480 5,753 3,592
Alleybux
At least she's a Black woman hopefully shes using her new found wealth to bring jobs to other Black people and make a difference.

Zebulon77

zen by design
Reaction score
Reactions
97,409 4,681 3,448
Alleybux
She's busted and trying to play it off.
Don't call yourself a "marxist" if your end game is really cashing in on the capitalist system!

babylamb

Virgo Flame
Reaction score
Reactions
17,185 817 235
Alleybux

Cliffs:
- Founder Patrisse Cullors has amassed a property portfolio of 4 houses, altogether worth $3.2 million
- Maintains that she is a Marxist

My question is how many of these activists are using social justice movements in order to get rich?

Unpopular opinion: We will fµck over us everytime.

Sebastian

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,603 877 115
Alleybux
Exactly. I think these red herring attacks re Marxism and property ownership, while valid in their own right, take away from the original critique that she profited off of Black death. Even if it was via a different vehicle than BLM her social capital was certainly propped up by BLM to ensure her success in those other endeavors. And that's just fact.

People are calling a spade a spade and it's making people uncomfortable. As it should.

Solidarity with the mama's.
Yep. And now people are accusing folks of not wanting black women to live comfortably and to mule.

This topic should probably be a separate thread that's worded very carefully.

Reaction score
Reactions
6,972 192 51
Alleybux
Title makes it seem she has enriched herself through BLM donations, has she or is this clickbait?
I was trying to write a short title otherwise it would be too long and detailed. My intention wasn't to imply that she was stealing from the organization. It was to discuss how social justice can be used by activists to build a brand and monetize that.

Reaction score
Reactions
6,972 192 51
Alleybux

Wow I'm just seeing that statement for the first time. My heart breaks for them. I recently found out that attornies receive 1/3 of the settlement. That's the contingency amount. Social justice can be extremely lucrative.

YourRights

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,616 6,431 2,593
Alleybux
you know part of me just wanted to no longer discuss these evil women who founded this organization...watching that interview was sickening...i say this as a doctor who often comes around poor black people who I know have no resources many sick and lonely....

she said BLM is not a charity, yet they’ve taken charitable donations and she sits on 90 million dollars currently which can be impactful to so many people, change so many lives...she said they’re an action oriented organization yet they have helped passed one piece of legislation, changed an industry or stopped the killings of innocent unarmed black people....

this is nothing short of evil...in the 7 almost 8 years this organization has existed they haven’t caused any change but people putting up more signs on their front lawns so they come off as non racist yt people.

Rasha12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,183 4,203 4,945
Alleybux
I have no problem with someone living lavishly especially if it's a black woman but if she truly did use BLM donations and money then she should truly burn in hell.
I DONT agree with Marc Lamont Hill a black man questioning this black lady on his show but he couldn't question Cynthia Erivo for calling black american accents ghtto
No one has any right to question black women, specially black men.

Angela Raine

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
185,264 7,238 3,174
Alleybux
I called it! I said people are using the pain of black people to make money! They don’t care unless it benefits them! Has she used the money to pour back into the black community? No and never will!
Exactly! And I’m not sure why this has turned into a “y’all don’t want Black women to succeed” thread. I’m side-eyeing everyone regardless of race, who claim to be for the people, yet they’re driving around in expensive cars and own several properties worth millions. How much is she putting into funding the education of families who have fallen victim to police brutality? Is she putting anything into the schools or communities? Pastors do the same thing. Driving around in 50 different Cadillacs meanwhile the church doesn’t even have air conditioning. She used the plight of Black people to make money. Simple and plain

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
Exactly! And I’m not sure why this has turned into a “y’all don’t want Black women to succeed” thread. I’m side-eyeing everyone regardless of race, who claim to be for the people, yet they’re driving around in expensive cars and own several properties worth millions. How much is she putting into funding the education of families who have fallen victim to police brutality? Is she putting anything into the schools or communities? Pastors do the same thing. Driving around in 50 different Cadillacs meanwhile the church doesn’t even have air conditioning. She used the plight of Black people to make money. Simple and plain
Idk either. It’s not that we don’t want black people to succeed . It’s just you’re succeeding because of someone else’s misfortune. She’s no different than Tyler perry , the rich taking advantage of the poor. Basically taking candy from a baby.

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,484 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
So she’s using fundraising money to take care of her child (where’s the husband?) and the rest of her family? She’s a fµck!ng joke.

And so is Marc, quite frankly. I thought his stupid ass gave up hosting political shows to host basketball wives reunions like a clown.
I was in a coffee shop one day (before corona) and said something to Marc in response to something he said to someone else (We were in close proximity) and he asked me if I was hustling. I just looked at him confused because I just made a quick remark and didn't know/realize who he was. When he figured out that I didn't know who he was he then backpeddaled. When I left I then figured out who he was. So yeah, he's been feeling himself for a while LOL

Lifeiseazi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,591 506 447
Alleybux
She is profiting from that death of black people. Several mothers, including Tamir Rice's mother have publicly told BLM to stop using using slain black people's death to make money.

Is she doing anything illegal? NO but I don't understand how some of you can defend her selling black death to rich white people.
BLM is a business whether ppl want to accept what that means. It’s worth billions and sis has a couple million worth in properties that’s not a lot of money. Corporations and ceos making millions at large corporations. Yall can groan disagree all you want I’m not mad at sis period. Create wealth for your family period. We use to activists being poor and struggling, good for sis.

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,484 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
Was people calling out Dr. Umar the same? I felt like he was more blatant with what he did. He still manages to have a following and not called to the carpet from his brothers(Lamont).
When I saw this thread title I wondered if this woman was getting called out because she's a woman. Would MLH interview black men who do this?

Coco rocha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
184,376 6,191 1,175
Alleybux
Right? According to some fonts here, stealing and exploiting dead Black people is absolutely fine as long as it’s done by a Black woman. I really don’t understand the reasoning.

Lifeiseazi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,591 506 447
Alleybux
Idk either. It’s not that we don’t want black people to succeed . It’s just you’re succeeding because of someone else’s misfortune. She’s no different than Tyler perry , the rich taking advantage of the poor. Basically taking candy from a baby.
The rich are rich by profiting off the poor. That’s capitalism. I’m not saying it’s wrong or right but this our country until things change.

BluePoisonIvy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
213,346 8,148 4,723
Alleybux
I wouldn't have a problem with this IF and only IF the other BLM chapters across the country were receiving their share of money and resources to make meaningful impacts at the local levels. With all of the money BLM has brought in, every single chapter should be fully-staffed, funded, and have a plethora of resources.

But this chick said "I got mine, so ya'll get yours" and did the electric slide right on their faces.

It's always mess when it comes to black orgs and why we cant make progress. It be your own sometime.

MoniLalu

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,736 223 142
Alleybux
how unfair is this world, black men being beaten to death by the police to fill the pockets of some organization that had a hashtag trending for weeks and donations coming in.

I dont know the ins and outs of this woman and her money but it all feels very unfair...may the victims rest in peace.

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,437 21,162 10,193
Alleybux
Is there proof or reasonable suspicion she mismanaged the BLM donation funds? If not, it's a non story. The last article I read stated she made the money from an unrelated consulting business that did diversity training and such. She started a global movement, she should not die poor .
Yeah, the BLM founders are now shrouding the donations and funneling them through a series of front organizations to try to hide how much they have paid themselves. They raised well over $100 million and local BLM organizations have largely seen didly squat. The claim she made millions from consulting side gigs are a cover, they are desperately trying to hide that they have massively enriched themselves by taking donations.