Marriage & Motherhood YouTube Channel

Starter
Reactions
2,030 73 3
Alleybux
Let’s discuss Jia from Marriage & Motherhood. I originally started watching her channel for the Sunday set up series when she was still working as an accountant. In the last couple of years she has quit her job and she can’t seem to keep herself or her home together.
@cocoapuff

General Manager
Reactions
9,374 183 60
Alleybux
I started watching her Sunday Set Up too. I am so confused by what she is doing all day. Did you see her Christmas 2020 video? I just watched up some of her videos last month and I cannot figure out why she would buy her children so many gifts. That looked like gifts for like 10 children. Not 2. When did she quit her job? I never watched her regularly and found her in 2016/2017 (in a previous thread I thought it was 2015 but it wasn’t.)

Starter
Reactions
2,030 73 3
Alleybux
I started watching her Sunday Set Up too. I am so confused by what she is doing all day. Did you see her Christmas 2020 video? I just watched up some of her videos last month and I cannot figure out why she would buy her children so many gifts. That looked like gifts for like 10 children. Not 2. When did she quit her job? I never watched her regularly and found her in 2016/2017 (in a previous thread I thought it was 2015 but it wasn’t.)
Yes, her struggling to wrap all those gifts stressed me out too. This video was from two years ago.

Starter
Reactions
349 2 1
Alleybux
She seems sweet but her house is always in a disarray. It's jarring. I originally started following her for her keto videos.

General Manager
Reactions
9,374 183 60
Alleybux
Yes, her struggling to wrap all those gifts stressed me out too. This video was from two years ago.
Ooh that’s too long to watch but thank you for giving me a timeframe. LOL I skimmed through the first four minutes and her demeanor is so different compared to how it is now. She just seems so unmotivated and downtrodden now. I get the impression she doesn’t enjoy being a stay-at-home mom and she probably just needed a break or a new job/career path to reinvigorate her. She just doesn’t seem happy anymore.

In terms of cleanliness, I am not gonna lie. I’m appalled by how messy her house is. Clearly I didn’t watch her enough of her past videos because I don’t remember her home being so messy. Like I was actually disturbed when she cleaned her kitchen cabinet filled with medicine or all the junk on the island that never seems to be put away? Her recent video of her cleaning their master bathroom was ridiculous. She can’t blame her hair cart on her children or husband. I don’t even get why she has all that stuff because I can’t remember ever seeing her real hair. It seems she only wears wigs.

Best Thing You Never Had
Reactions
77,985 1,006 464
Alleybux
I adore Jia. She seems so authentic (disorganization, hoarding, and all). I do not watch her cleaning or money management videos, but I never miss her grocery hauls. Her most recent Thanksgiving vlog's hilarious as well.

Early last year, I ran into her in Costco while in the Atlanta area. She was sweet.

Starter
Reactions
1,311 21 1
Alleybux
She gets the most views on "look at my messy ass house" vids so I think its on purpose. She isnt doing anything else.

Starter
Reactions
2,030 73 3
Alleybux
Yes, she does seem sweet and I like how involved she is with her children’s education and activities.

I think she should do a huge declutter of her home and maybe she could have a yard sale or something. I think she is overwhelmed.

General Manager
Reactions
9,374 183 60
Alleybux
I think she is relatable but what I once thought was “decluttering” is clearly hoarding. I’ve seen enough of that show to understand that there must be some underlying cause and enablers. The one time her oven was cleaned 5 years ago was when her mother-in-law did it. There are also videos of her husband helping her clean up her mess like she’s a child. She continues to buy stuff, often without a clear purpose. Yet again, I don’t know if this is how she always was and I just didn’t see her “cleaning” videos but her attitude has changed, she seems a bit sad. She seems like such a nice lady so I hope that she takes some of the money that she spends on things she doesn’t need and sees a therapist.

Starter
Reactions
2,030 73 3
Alleybux
I think she is relatable but what I once thought was “decluttering” is clearly hoarding. I’ve seen enough of that show to understand that there must be some underlying cause and enablers. The one time her oven was cleaned 5 years ago was when her mother-in-law did it. There are also videos of her husband helping her clean up her mess like she’s a child. She continues to buy stuff, often without a clear purpose. Yet again, I don’t know if this is how she always was and I just didn’t see her “cleaning” videos but her attitude has changed, she seems a bit sad. She seems like such a nice lady so I hope that she takes some of the money that she spends on things she doesn’t need and sees a therapist.
Before she quit her job she mentioned having a cleaning service. They cut that out of the budget when she decided to stay at home. She needs to do some type of self care.

General Manager
Reactions
9,374 183 60
Alleybux
Before she quit her job she mentioned having a cleaning service. They cut that out of the budget when she decided to stay at home. She needs to do some type of self care.
Oh! That makes more sense now. Well therapy would be a good start because there is definitely some underlying reason why she is constantly shopping/not cleaning to the point where it’s impacting their everyday life. Fortunately her husband seems as sweet as she is but I imagine it takes a toll on their relationship.

Last edited:
I keep it nappy and I do what make me happy
Reactions
22,794 341 142
Alleybux
The good sis Jia done made it to LSA:cry:cry!!
1617396972281.png

Reactions
22,794 341 142
Alleybux
The sheer amount of clutter in her home is baffling. I think you guys might be right about her being a hoarder on the low.

General Manager
Reactions
9,374 183 60
Alleybux
The sheer amount of clutter in her home is baffling. I think you guys might be right about her being a hoarder on the low.

I just started the laundry room video that she just posted. All that crap just laying on the floor. Get the heck out of here! At this point it’s like she’s just dumping things on the floor as she walks because I refuse to understand how a pile of random cleaning crap builds up on the FLOOR of a laundry room.

I’m starting to think she goes back and deletes comments because someone left this comment that said she can’t deal with how filthy and cluttered they are and she said she was unsubscribing. I have never seen comments like that but then again I usually don’t catch her videos when they first post. People generally appreciate that Jia’s videos aren’t the ridiculous “cleaning” videos where their house is already clean. However, her house is taking “real” to a whole other level.

Reactions
22,794 341 142
Alleybux
Why did she let her car get that filthy?! Her kids are old enough to pick up after themselves.
Exactly!! Her husband or dad can't clean her car for her every two weeks? She needs to keep a hand vacuum and stain remover in her trunk.

General Manager
Reactions
9,374 183 60
Alleybux
Why did she let her car get that filthy?! Her kids are old enough to pick up after themselves.

Exactly!! Her husband or dad can't clean her car for her every two weeks? She needs to keep a hand vacuum and stain remover in her trunk

I haven’t finished the video yet but Jia is simply trifling. I’m sorry but her dad or husband are not responsible for cleaning her nasty car. I say this as a person with a husband who cleans my car weekly. If I allowed my car to be like that, I would completely understand him saying do it yourself. I don’t understand why she wasted time and energy on the Doritos stains on the carpet instead of just using the carpet cleaner like a normal person. Her girls are way too old to use the carpet as a napkin. Anything goes in that house which is why it’s always a mess.

Starter
Reactions
2,030 73 3
Alleybux
I think I’m going to unsubscribe. Her content doesn’t do it for me anymore. I used to look forward to Sunday set ups, but I find myself skipping her videos now.

General Manager
Reactions
9,374 183 60
Alleybux
I think I’m going to unsubscribe. Her content doesn’t do it for me anymore. I used to look forward to Sunday set ups, but I find myself skipping her videos now.

What do they even consist of now? She doesn’t work outside or inside the home so what is she setting up for? She seems like a nice lady but I unfortunately her channel is stagnant. Like I cannot believe she is still struggling with keto. I try to not watch any of her videos that reference keto in the title because I am anti-diet and pro-permanent lifestyle changes but I’m sure even her fellow keto watchers are tired of her losing and gaining the same 5 pounds while doing bathing suit shots. She really should rethink her content/direction she wants her channel to go.

Starter
Reactions
2,030 73 3
Alleybux
What do they even consist of now? She doesn’t work outside or inside the home so what is she setting up for? She seems like a nice lady but I unfortunately her channel is stagnant. Like I cannot believe she is still struggling with keto. I try to not watch any of her videos that reference keto in the title because I am anti-diet and pro-permanent lifestyle changes but I’m sure even her fellow keto watchers are tired of her losing and gaining the same 5 pounds while doing bathing suit shots. She really should rethink her content/direction she wants her channel to go.
I think she could at least show how she gets her girls ready for the school week, her work from home routine, meal prep for the family, or something.She goes to Costco and complains about the prices a lot, so that’s not enjoyable anymore. I also skip the keto videos. I don’t take any health advice from these YouTubers lol

General Manager
Reactions
9,374 183 60
Alleybux
I think she could at least show how she gets her girls ready for the school week, her work from home routine, meal prep for the family, or something.She goes to Costco and complains about the prices a lot, so that’s not enjoyable anymore. I also skip the keto videos. I don’t take any health advice from these YouTubers lol

She works from home now? My mistake. What does she do? I noticed the Costco videos seem to be price-heavy. I also noticed that she seems to go to stores without a real plan and buys unnecessary things for the girls when they already have so much junk around the house. Please tell me you saw her Christmas video? I’m still traumatized by how many toys she bought knowing that it would create extra clutter in the house. The minimalist in me was screaming for her to make some returns or donate to charity but obviously that’s not my call to make.

Starter
Reactions
2,030 73 3
Alleybux
She works from home now? My mistake. What does she do? I noticed the Costco videos seem to be price-heavy. I also noticed that she seems to go to stores without a real plan and buys unnecessary things for the girls when they already have so much junk around the house. Please tell me you saw her Christmas video? I’m still traumatized by how many toys she bought knowing that it would create extra clutter in the house. The minimalist in me was screaming for her to make some returns or donate to charity but obviously that’s not my call to make.
I thought she had a business helping people with financial planning, etc. She doesn’t mention it as much though. Yes, that video of her trying a new gift wrapping technique and creating more work for herself smh. I don’t know if she acts clueless for YouTube content, but past a certain age you should know your strengths and outsource/ask for help. She could hire someone to help her declutter/organize and film that or collaborate with another YouTuber.

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

RHOA EXCLUSIVE: RHOA Cast Getting A Major Shakeup For S14; They Need To Do Something To Get More...
Good! I'm tired of the juvenile bickering that some of them use to shield their own screwed up lives. About time. Production is to blame too and...
Ma'Khia Bryant case shines light on 'adultification' of Black girls
So do black girls and women have to be the perfect victim to get sympathy or not? It's very possible to sympathize and still believe that the...
Sierra Leone has sold it's rainforest to China for $55 million
What is wrong with Africans? Why do they continue to behave as lesser than? Such a waste of a land, waste of resources.... I swear the Chinese...
Atlanta Tea 2.0: 2021 Edition
They need to play it smart. It needs A video and promote it really well. Repost it and have a challenge. I’m not a big fan of the song but I can...
Ari Lennox glo up?
Why does her not wearing a wig make her homely? Y’all telling on yourselves. exactly! they so weird on here
British TV host interviews Meghan Markle's first boyfriend
He should never have agreed to this interview. Harry warned Meghans dad not to engage with the British press, he didn’t listen. These people are...
America in the Biden-Harris Era Tarot Tea Thread III
Remember this kind of action is now legal and justified in Florida now. We'll See....That Law is Insane....I Mean....I'm Sure the Judge Knows...
Top Bottom