Quantcast

Married Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill admits to affair and drops out of Senate seat race

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,695 13,177 1,668
Alleybux
He was going to keep lying, knowing there was evidence of text messages (at minimum) right until she dragged him out of the closet - b-ttt plugs and all.
I kinda wish she would've waited until he was the candidate and allowed him to drag the lie out and get indignant with the press for even asking.

This is why I don't donate or support new candidates who pop up claiming this or that politician is really bad so support me. Because candidates need to be vetted, have their background investigated & have their secrets come out before they get close to election day & have all their bones fall out like the NC Dem Senate candidate or John Edwards when he was running for POTUS.

Men in politics are ego driven and will put their desire for power over the interests of others knowing they have ticking time bombs. Maybe affairs shouldn't matter, but it's the secret nature of it that gives power & it also dings your credibility & shows hypocrisy. An affair is bad enough but what kind of sleaze sleeps w/ someone in their marital bed? He was extremely reckless - showing body parts to a stranger he met thru FB? What a dummy.

If Lindsey Graham's people can come through w/ this level of detail, we would appreciate it.

For people asking why she shared so much, it looks like she was promised that her name wouldn't be used but it was released by a sleazy blog that got mad at her for not giving them full audio of them discussing s-x. The story about how this came out & who had it when (seems local 'respectable' media knew since last fall) is as interesting as the affair.
EzJns7eVgAMD9gQ

Last edited:

Pagliacci

The Clown
Reaction score
Reactions
92,589 3,303 1,814
Alleybux
I can't understand why these mistresses are so messy. You knew exactly what you were doing with him mam. You knew he was married. He's a politician. They lie, cheat, and steal. I mean what's her angle?

blackmail

MemeRose1

PROTECT BLACK WOMEN
Reaction score
Reactions
90,219 14,470 2,829
Alleybux
Men are always fµck!ng around with their subordinates. I suspect my husband is messing around with one of his cause anytime my daughter and I visit him at work, this facially challenged looking b!tch is always giving me mean looks and rolling her eyes like I won’t beat her ass. i just don’t have legit proof yet to address it with my man.

cheerie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,961 449 668
Alleybux
Sext messages always sound so strange and try hard to me. Did he ever believe those cringey and awkward texts were ever worth the potential for embarrassment? Theye “strong family values“ Republicans are always the messiest, but as if they are immune from being exposed.

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,695 13,177 1,668
Alleybux
Reading more, she claims she didn't know she was being recorded by the reporter when she gave the graphic details. Apparently, there is a whole ecosystem of opposition tabloid outlets that focus on making way for their favored candidate, similar to the system around Clinton w/ all of his scandals that eventually dropped the Lewinsky story. Now Mo Brooks is closer to the crown in the GOP AL Senate world.

The best may be yet to come. She says he would visit in his govt vehicle and use his govt phone for texts to her sometimes so records related to when he visited her (vehicle GPS) and texts may be available thru public records request. Reminds me of Kwame Kilpatrick. Kilpatrick's affair was w/ a govt employee & most of their sexts were on govt phones & ended up in the news.

I have to say again, he was incredibly reckless for someone w/ so much to lose - beginning an affair with someone who reached out to him through FB, pics of his junk, doing it in his home, using govt phones, graphic sexting & phone calls, AND lying so hard knowing he had this extensive trail.

He gave the lady and anyone she was associated w/ an incredible amount of power over him. Last month he switched to opposing no excuse absentee voting after supporting it. Because he was susceptible to blackmail, it's a situation where someone could've gone to him w/ a pic of his junk, a description of his bedroom & other evidence of his affair.

vaguebeaut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,972 2,936 1,237
Alleybux
I'm starting to think people are paying these women. Maybe hacking these men or following them and finding their weaknesses. She didn't admit to being a butt plugger for the good of society.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Men are so easy to manipulate, and most them can easily be manipulated by promiscuous women. Easy way to ruin a man’s career if he is in the public eye or in a serious relationship, imo. You would think some of them would catch on by now.

Back in the day, the FBI used to try and manipulate civil rights leaders by finding out about their affairs and trying to distract them by telling their wives. I’m sure these tactics are still at play today with politicians and public figures on a smaller scale.

FrankSpeak

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
11 2 3
Alleybux
Men are always fµck!ng around with their subordinates. I suspect my husband is messing around with one of his cause anytime my daughter and I visit him at work, this facially challenged looking b!tch is always giving me mean looks and rolling her eyes like I won’t beat her ass. i just don’t have legit proof yet to address it with my man.
Any updates?