Quantcast

Married at First Sight: Season 12 Atlanta (Watch Thread) - Starts Jan. 13

BrazzyBee

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
948 79 18
Alleybux
Emphasizing the bolded because Chris was absolutely, positively trash. However, he was not the only one. And Clara made so many critical comments about Paige but whole time, they were exactly the same! Putting up with very closed minded men for the sake of being married and committing to the process to be picked. If you ask me, Ryan also wasn’t attracted to his wife because they showed no chemistry at all, he just wasn’t inappropriately vocal about it.
Now that I’m seeing that they split… I avoided doing any googling prior to finishing the season because I didn’t want to spoil the outcome. I did at some point believe that Ryan was hesitant to have xes because of interracial reasons. When he described the encounter with the elderly white woman in a past relationship and him frequently wearing the BLM shirt on the show - I started to think it was because his wife was white and he didn’t want to slip up and have Black kids with someone who doesn’t “see” color.

Protozoa

I want war (BUT I NEED PEACE)
Reaction score
Reactions
394,885 13,009 1,341
Alleybux
i feel like airris said that to get jasmine activated and get a reaction out of her.

edit: wrong thread

Elfie1020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,810 1,591 801
Alleybux
Emphasizing the bolded because Chris was absolutely, positively trash. However, he was not the only one. And Clara made so many critical comments about Paige but whole time, they were exactly the same! Putting up with very closed minded men for the sake of being married and committing to the process to be picked. If you ask me, Ryan also wasn’t attracted to his wife because they showed no chemistry at all, he just wasn’t inappropriately vocal about it.

Yeah, Clara and Ryan dealing with each other for a whole year is literally mind blowing. She has no room to judge.

With that said, I follow her on TikTok and while I will never be a fan of his, I do understand him slightly better. She is not just fun loving and laid back, she is positively vapid. Beyond Taylor Swift, Shein hauls and Spotify playlists there is not much going on there. This is her whole personality and you don't have to be Einstein or an intellectual to find it annoying.

lady_tee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,836 1,273 67
Alleybux
Chris is on an apology tour after going off and posting that Mercedes faked her pregnancy. He's since deleted it his attack against her. Mercedes followed up with posts from the hospital and said she couldn't believe she had to do this and that Chris posted this because she threatened to file a restraining order.

This reminds me of something Judge Maybelline used to say on Divorce Court. What makes you think you're so different? She would say this to women who came to Divorce Court with a man who cheated on his wife.

What would have made Mercedes think Chris was worth staying with after all the ugliness that was documented on MAFS. That behavior wasn't about Paige. It was about a mean, out-of-control man who had no respect for anyone.

chris-screenshot-comments--585x890.jpeg

Aww! I wonder if Paige is ok now
I hope she is well

Is she with anyone?

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,618 13,168 1,666
Alleybux

RiRi Woo

But first, lipstick!
Reaction score
Reactions
11,240 117 60
Alleybux
Paige is winning at life. While I’m a strong advocate for marriage before babies, she’s an adult and I hope that this relationship works for her.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,955 1,783 972
Alleybux
Paige is winning at life. While I’m a strong advocate for marriage before babies, she’s an adult and I hope that this relationship works for her.
I don’t know. She still seems slow. It’s too early to announce a pregnancy, and with a boyfriend nonetheless

Mshoneybunch

I Don't Know Them
Reaction score
Reactions
11,019 280 75
Alleybux

Jenniangel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,088 4,501 1,509
Alleybux
Marriage before having a kid doesn’t guarantee anything. A lot of People getting divorced a few years after having a kid. Might as well use her eggs before they scramble!

RiRi Woo

But first, lipstick!
Reaction score
Reactions
11,240 117 60
Alleybux
Marriage before having a kid doesn’t guarantee anything. A lot of People getting divorced a few years after having a kid. Might as well use her eggs before they scramble!
That’s your opinion. I have my own thoughts on the state of Black Americans and the correlation between single parent households, typically created due to lack of marriages before having kids.

Elfie1020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,810 1,591 801
Alleybux
That’s your opinion. I have my own thoughts on the state of Black Americans and the correlation between single parent households, typically created due to lack of marriages before having kids.

Paige is in her late twenties, educated and financially stable. I also prefer 2-parent-households, but women have to consider fertility if they want to have children. It's not like she is a struggling single mom who has her third kid at 22. Late twenties / thirties and financially stable gets a pass from me.

Topanga

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,912 607 151
Alleybux
Paige is in her late twenties, educated and financially stable. I also prefer 2-parent-households, but women have to consider fertility if they want to have children. It's not like she is a struggling single mom who has her third kid at 22. Late twenties / thirties and financially stable gets a pass from me.
I haven’t kept up with her since the show but I just hope this is a man that loves and cares for her. I hope she’s worked through her insecurities since the show, and she is no longer in a place of just trying to do what she can to make a hopeless relationship work. If that’s the case, I’m happy for her.

lady_tee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,836 1,273 67
Alleybux

Honey4

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
183,435 8,784 4,475
Alleybux
Paige was desperate to be pregnant, talking about "honeymoon babies" .... she obviously also the type that WANTS to be married, but settle for what this man offered her, boyfriend only

yes, biology is important but she could've frozen her eggs and waiting until her early 30s for a man who thinks she worth marrying

datcapeverdechic

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,584 3,902 261
Alleybux
I’m super late to the party. Just watching this season now on Netflix. And whew…this season was an utter disaster! The white women they cast were not ready for marriage AT ALL! One of them is a full fledged alcoholic! The white men this season definitely deserved better. The one girl who thinks it’s cute that she gets so drunk and then passes out on her guy friends couches. Really sad! She needed to check herself into rehab, not go on this show.

I think Vincent and Brianna are cute. Leave it to LSA to make me think this whole time that he wasn’t into her based on the comments I would read about them on here. That’s why it’s good to form your own opinion on things, folks. Paige and Chris…I have no words for them. Paige has no self esteem or self respect. She is just pathetic at this point. Sleeping with the man unprotected, begging him to stay married to her even though she needed to be the one ending things first. She has no pride in herself. She has all those degrees and good career, a home owner, and doesn’t even know her self worth.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,955 1,783 972
Alleybux
I think Vincent and Brianna are cute. Leave it to LSA to make me think this whole time that he wasn’t into her based on the comments I would read about them on here. That’s why it’s good to form your own opinion on things, folks. Paige and Chris…I have no words for them. Paige has no self esteem or self respect. She is just pathetic at this point. Sleeping with the man unprotected, begging him to stay married to her even though she needed to be the one ending things first. She has no pride in herself. She has all those degrees and good career, a home owner, and doesn’t even know her self worth.
It’s not that he was into her it’s that..

They are unequally yolked. He is a car salesman and she’s an engineer.

He has a mean streak and is immature

He glared at her during interviews when she said something he didn’t like which can indicate possible abuse.

His family are likely colorists

All in all she settled so she can be married. Nothing wrong with that but that’s why people don’t care for their relationship

datcapeverdechic

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,584 3,902 261
Alleybux
It’s not that he was into her it’s that..

They are unequally yolked. He is a car salesman and she’s an engineer.

He has a mean streak and is immature

He glared at her during interviews when she said something he didn’t like which can indicate possible abuse.

His family are likely colorists

All in all she settled so she can be married. Nothing wrong with that but that’s why people don’t care for their relationship
I admittedly didn’t finish the season and only got to the point where they had that big blow up argument over Brianna saying it was “very Vincent of him” to spill the alcohol. I agree, the way he reacted was very immature/petty and a huge red flag in my opinion. Hopefully he works on his anger because even his friend told him he was tripping. Were there other moments in the season where he blew up on her like that?

Is he a car salesman or a realtor? Based on his insta, looks like he’s a real estate agent. I also saw on the reunion that they bought their first house together. Yeah, he may not be on Brianna’s level in terms of education or career but I wouldn’t say he is a bum either. He had a decent apartment on the show and I think she ended up moving into his place once they finished filming. One of my friends from college started out as car rep for Toyota and now is at the managerial level making over 6 figures so I wouldn’t knock that career either.

His family seemed to like Brianna and embrace her. I also remember he said that Brianna is exactly his type which leads me to believe that he has dated dark skinned/Black women before. All of his friends seemed very supportive of the relationship too. Nothing gave me a vibe that his people are colorists or dislike Brianna because of the color of her skin (although yes I know the history of colorism in the DR).

Also didn’t Brianna say she wants a “tan man?” I doubt she thinks she settled with him. He’s probably her dream man.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,955 1,783 972
Alleybux
Was that after or during the time they were on the show? Because I don't remember him doing that
I haven’t watched the season in a while. But I remember on the where are they now episode stands out to me. He was pressuring her to buy a house almost an hour outside of Atlanta when she worked in the city.

Breuna

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,444 168 48
Alleybux
I admittedly didn’t finish the season and only got to the point where they had that big blow up argument over Brianna saying it was “very Vincent of him” to spill the alcohol. I agree, the way he reacted was very immature/petty and a huge red flag in my opinion. Hopefully he works on his anger because even his friend told him he was tripping. Were there other moments in the season where he blew up on her like that?

Is he a car salesman or a realtor? Based on his insta, looks like he’s a real estate agent. I also saw on the reunion that they bought their first house together. Yeah, he may not be on Brianna’s level in terms of education or career but I wouldn’t say he is a bum either. He had a decent apartment on the show and I think she ended up moving into his place once they finished filming. One of my friends from college started out as car rep for Toyota and now is at the managerial level making over 6 figures so I wouldn’t knock that career either.

His family seemed to like Brianna and embrace her. I also remember he said that Brianna is exactly his type which leads me to believe that he has dated dark skinned/Black women before. All of his friends seemed very supportive of the relationship too. Nothing gave me a vibe that his people are colorists or dislike Brianna because of the color of her skin (although yes I know the history of colorism in the DR).

Also didn’t Brianna say she wants a “tan man?” I doubt she thinks she settled with him. He’s probably her dream man.
He’s a realtor now but before he was a car salesmen.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,955 1,783 972
Alleybux

Breanna may not have settled in looks, but she settled in everything else. A high earning engineer and a car sales rep hoping he makes it to management one day? But I get it. She chose to work with him instead of going back out into a trash dating pool. That’s fine but we aren’t gonna act like he’s not a project. It worked for Keith and Kristine so it very well may work for them.

allicat

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,483 5,259 6,313
Alleybux
Breanna may not have settled in looks, but she settled in everything else. A high earning engineer and a car sales rep hoping he makes it to management one day? But I get it. She chose to work with him instead of going back out into a trash dating pool. That’s fine but we aren’t gonna act like he’s not a project. It worked for Keith and Kristine so it very well may work for them.
how are keith and kristine? still together? any babies yet?

Lady Vixx

Life could be worse
Reaction score
Reactions
4,865 122 8
Alleybux
I think Keith was in med school at the time or was that someone else? With Keith he was already on a career path that would led to a great career.

Vincent was just Mr. Potential and that’s always a gamble. He was insecure that she made more than him but she never gave him sh!t for it or lessened him as a man. She always saw him and his potential (husband, father) and didn’t see him as a (financial) provider, which she was fine with.