Quantcast

Mary J.Blige Says Her Next Guy Must Make More Money Than Her: “I’m Not Taking Care Of Any More Men!”

iSaidWhatIsaid

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
443,416 79,248 1,438
Alleybux
Next Man Mary J. Blige Dates Must Make More Money Than Her: “I’m Not Taking Care Of Any More Men”

By Victoria Uwumarogie

February 20, 2019

5buc5ps.jpg

While speaking with DJ Ace on BBC Radio 1Xtra recently, Mary J. Blige was asked about whether or not she is dating. And while the 48-year-old star would remain mum about whether or not she is out on the prowl again, when she was asked what it would take for a man to be able to shoot his shot with her, she was quick to respond.

“Well he has to have more money than me, that’s for sure,” she said. “Because I’m not taking care of any more men.”

The reference to taking care of men in her past, of course, is about Blige’s contentious divorce with Kendu Isaacs, which she filed for in 2016. She was paying him $30,000 every month in temporary spousal support, and he made an attempt in court to seek out $65,000, which was rejected.

During their marriage, he was spending her money (about $420,000 worth) on travel expenses that she would find out later involved a woman he was having an affair with. She also claimed she paid for the Mercedes-Benz he was driving, among other gifts, and because she was the breadwinner in their relationship, she racked up a lot of debt, which came out to more than $10,000,000. The divorce was finally settled last year.

Despite the rough ending to their relationship, Blige did tell DJ Ace that she hasn’t completely given up on the idea of love and marriage. She’s just trying to protect herself better.

“I’m not jaded but I’m very careful right now,” she said. “I love my freedom. I love being single right now. I’m in a great place. I’m not in a rush!”

With that being said, if you’re interested, make sure you’re making more than Blige (who has a net worth of at least $20 million), and please, don’t jump in her direct messages on social media. She doesn’t like that.

“I don’t even go to my DMs so stop sending sh-t to my DMs!” she said.

For the record though, Blige is rumored to be dating a man she was photographed with while in London for the BAFTA Awards. As we previously reported, the unidentified man “accompanied Blige to the BAFTAs: Vogue x Tiffany Fashion and Film afterparty, traveling there in his bulletproof Mercedes and with his security team.” Doesn’t sound like he’ll have any trouble paying the bills.

Mary J. Blige Has a New Boo

tumblr_ncrgucBT0a1rhrfpzo1_500.gif

vuaRjWGRVa8JU2PaK32CZzE9YMG8PJvp5Im7cnt2KyQFj8kprg4_OCltfur2pQqfUbMsWgkw9ZZjQj3OnhKnQQ

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,782 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
So many women need to come in here and read this thread.

Too many grown ass women taking care of grown able bodied men, and then think they winning.

Stop hustling backwards, ladies.

I'm glad Mary learned her lesson. Although, it was an expensive lesson.

O S I C H

Angel In Disguise
Reaction score
Reactions
88,889 746 121
Alleybux
You live and you learn.

I'm rooting for you, Auntie Mary! Gon' head and give them that bounce back.

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,782 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
Mary should’ve learned that 30 years ago. How old is she ? This is something you learn in your 20s & never look back.

i have come to learn that not all women get this lesson.

This is not common knowledge at all. Too many women do this, too many. That's why I am hoping that Mary making this declaration can help some people re-evaluate they decisions.

Mary thought she had won with Kendu, and his light eyes. Only to realize he was using her from the very beginning. These loser dudes be with the long con. smh

Safelyup

God is Good
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
244,651 35,949 54,824
Alleybux
It must suck ass that all the money that you worked so damn hard for and sacrificed time for is going to your ex husband and his new bxtch. I tell women all the damn time. dont waste your time. I dont give a fxck how much money you make how rich you are. Dont take care of any man. Its not in human nature for that to occur. If your man loves you he WONT allow it to HAPPEN. Men take care of women they like. Dont let xes and I love yous fool you. dont take care of a man.
@iletmn0

Last edited:

artist4life

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,844 432 441
Alleybux
Next Man Mary J. Blige Dates Must Make More Money Than Her: “I’m Not Taking Care Of Any More Men”

By Victoria Uwumarogie

February 20, 2019

5buc5ps.jpg

While speaking with DJ Ace on BBC Radio 1Xtra recently, Mary J. Blige was asked about whether or not she is dating. And while the 48-year-old star would remain mum about whether or not she is out on the prowl again, when she was asked what it would take for a man to be able to shoot his shot with her, she was quick to respond.

“Well he has to have more money than me, that’s for sure,” she said. “Because I’m not taking care of any more men.”

The reference to taking care of men in her past, of course, is about Blige’s contentious divorce with Kendu Isaacs, which she filed for in 2016. She was paying him $30,000 every month in temporary spousal support, and he made an attempt in court to seek out $65,000, which was rejected.

During their marriage, he was spending her money (about $420,000 worth) on travel expenses that she would find out later involved a woman he was having an affair with. She also claimed she paid for the Mercedes-Benz he was driving, among other gifts, and because she was the breadwinner in their relationship, she racked up a lot of debt, which came out to more than $10,000,000. The divorce was finally settled last year.

Despite the rough ending to their relationship, Blige did tell DJ Ace that she hasn’t completely given up on the idea of love and marriage. She’s just trying to protect herself better.

“I’m not jaded but I’m very careful right now,” she said. “I love my freedom. I love being single right now. I’m in a great place. I’m not in a rush!”

With that being said, if you’re interested, make sure you’re making more than Blige (who has a net worth of at least $20 million), and please, don’t jump in her direct messages on social media. She doesn’t like that.

“I don’t even go to my DMs so stop sending sh-t to my DMs!” she said.

For the record though, Blige is rumored to be dating a man she was photographed with while in London for the BAFTA Awards. As we previously reported, the unidentified man “accompanied Blige to the BAFTAs: Vogue x Tiffany Fashion and Film afterparty, traveling there in his bulletproof Mercedes and with his security team.” Doesn’t sound like he’ll have any trouble paying the bills.

Mary J. Blige Has a New Boo

tumblr_ncrgucBT0a1rhrfpzo1_500.gif

vuaRjWGRVa8JU2PaK32CZzE9YMG8PJvp5Im7cnt2KyQFj8kprg4_OCltfur2pQqfUbMsWgkw9ZZjQj3OnhKnQQ

Good for Mary. NO woman should have to take care of any man period.

Freyja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,326 2,659 598
Alleybux
My perfect partner has to make way more money than me. I agree I'm not gonna babysit grown men.

Leavemealoneporfavor

qué será, será
Reaction score
Reactions
84,403 1,202 518
Alleybux
So many women need to come in here and read this thread.

Too many grown ass women taking care of grown able bodied men, and then think they winning.

Stop hustling backwards, ladies.

I'm glad Mary learned her lesson. Although, it was an expensive lesson.
Some birds can't be convinced no matter what.

Sometimes you need to wake up and start thinking with your brain, not your pussy.

Swan

Secular Woman
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
400,070 5,387 939
Alleybux
Mary should’ve learned that 30 years ago. How old is she ? This is something you learn in your 20s & never look back.

It's NEVER too late to learn this lesson. Would it have been nice for her to know this 30 years ago? Of course, but that doesn't mean you have to be a fool ALL of your life.

Also - Mary's relationship prior to Kendu had his own money, he was just a trash ass boyfriend. The broke boy thing was new with Kendu.

Last edited:

Nikkinicolebang

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,804 1,634 564
Alleybux

This is not common knowledge at all. Too many women do this, too many. That's why I am hoping that Mary making this declaration can help some people re-evaluate they decisions.

Mary thought she had won with Kendu, and his light eyes. Only to realize he was using her from the very beginning. These loser dudes be with the long con. smh

Yeah idk why people are disagreeing with me on this. Your 20s is when you learn about people and situations. 30s is when you start living freely. She damn near 60 if not already 60 and just now realizing this? I know she was on drugs for a long time and illiterate but damn. I hope it don’t take me 60 years to see when a ***** is using me.

Cal Bear

City of San Diego
Reaction score
Reactions
84,292 2,922 1,712
Alleybux
Yeah idk why people are disagreeing with me on this. Your 20s is when you learn about people and situations. 30s is when you start living freely. She damn near 60 if not already 60 and just now realizing this? I know she was on drugs for a long time and illiterate but damn. I hope it don’t take me 60 years to see when a ***** is using me.

Yeah, her low self esteem caused her poor taste in men.

She said one of her boyfriends was trying to kill her.

Mitsukuni

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,954 624 144
Alleybux

It’s sad, but let’s not act like nobody warnedher. She stopped speaking to Kim because she was trying to tell her about Kendon’t have gainful employment. This was a very expensive lesson that coul’ve been avoided.

Dyme Peaze

Bushido
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
18,783 63 47
Alleybux
Lsa superslueths mount up. I want this unidentified bulletproof conveyance having man's dossier on our desk Monday morning.

Regards

Laveaux

Parlay Cheval Ou
Reaction score
Reactions
6,422 353 422
Alleybux
Auntie Janet would have told her that a looking time ago. After Janet's first marriage she only settled for a billionaire and she had a baby by him. It's not about securing the bag but keeping your own bags. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Leavemealoneporfavor

qué será, será
Reaction score
Reactions
84,403 1,202 518
Alleybux
I’m late to my own party, but the wealthy Ghanaian man she was pictured with is allegedly married with kids and a male sidepiece...

L8V3OW.gif
I mean sis said that she will stop taking care of men, she didn't specify what types of men she will NOT date anymore.

Sis is fair. You got to give it to her.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,805 11,972 10,199
Alleybux
Auntie Janet would have told her that a looking time ago. After Janet's first marriage she only settled for a billionaire and she had a baby by him. It's not about securing the bag but keeping your own bags. Ain't nobody got time for that.
After Janet’s first TWO marriages...

Fixed that for ya.