MadameCassie

Michael 4 ever
Reaction score
Reactions
363,670 59,678 887
Alleybux
Mary J. Blige on Whitney Houston's Death | Essence.com
mary-j-blige-the-view-240x340.jpg

Mary J. Blige's guest appearance on The View today turned into a confessional as the ESSENCE Music Festival headliner shared her thoughts on Whitney Houston's funeral, and her own struggle with drugs.

"I never go to funerals but I'm really happy I went to hers," she said. "This was really sad because she was everything to women like us."

Asked about her own past drug addiction Blige made it clear she had never done crack. "I lived in a neighborhood where I saw what that did to people. But I did do cocaine…you never know you're addicted until you're up late nights running out on the street as Mary J. Blige looking for it."

The singer added that she did have a conversation with Houston about their shared struggles with addiction. "I got a chance to express to her what I felt about her and how important she is and how I don't like to see her like that and she's better than that," she told co-host Barbara Walters. "I felt really good about the conversation I had with her."

Butterflyj82

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
441,695 29,021 1,300
Alleybux
I saw this she did a good job I think she has people in her face like her husband I wish somebody could have saved Whitney but I am hearing that Whitney was in bad physical condition which makes me sad!!

Ashy to Ashes

Land of the Free...Somebody Lied
Reaction score
Reactions
95,666 2,518 1,863
Alleybux
Why do people think it's better to admit to doing cocaine over crack? Both can kill you so I don't understand.

Mskstrong

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,033 42 2
Alleybux
That stigma...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Hell Naw

Hell No!
Reaction score
Reactions
3,140 54 70
Alleybux
I've never done crack, I've never done crack.

who cares? a junkie is a junkie.

BlowMe

Exposing lies!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
9,486 42 7
Alleybux
Ppl have to understand that addicts do what they want when they want. Whitney went to the One the could save her so just let her RIP.

Mary didn't say that's how she died. She was asked by BW. Cant stand BW. No better than CNN and nem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjbaby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,249 981 167
Alleybux
Why do people think it's better to admit to doing cocaine over crack? Both can kill you so I don't understand.

it's just like Whitney talking about not doing crack in that Oprah interview in 2009...talking bout she didn't do crack, she did "rock cocaine"...like we don't know rock cocaine and crack are the same damn thing! crack is the poor man's drug that they feel they are too good for...

frontstreet

Space Time Traveller
Reaction score
Reactions
11,268 371 188
Alleybux

Yeah, but... crack is a LOT harder to put down, based purely on what I've been told. Crack can be like meth where you do it once and it's pretty much all she wrote. Coke is bad, don't get me wrong. But, its a much more manageable and "presentable" habit. You can actually go about life zooted on Coke. On crack, well. Not so much. Thats what I heard, at least. That may be why people want to make the distinction.

itgurl_29

A Girl About Town
Reaction score
Reactions
180,277 7,578 8,996
Alleybux
Barbara Walters is an old b!tch. And when she meets her maker, there's gonna be a lot of celebrities up there waiting to whoop her instigating ass. I can't stand her.

Ashy to Ashes

Reaction score
Reactions
95,666 2,518 1,863
Alleybux
Yeah, but... crack is a LOT harder to put down, based purely on what I've been told. Crack can be like meth where you do it once and it's pretty much all she wrote. Coke is bad, don't get me wrong. But, its a much more manageable and "presentable" habit. You can actually go about life zooted on Coke. On crack, well. Not so much. Thats what I heard, at least. That may be why people want to make the distinction.

What does that have to do with the fact that they are both drugs that can kill you. Despite how addictive one is over another you can die from the first hit if you're not careful.

Didn't Rick James say cocaine was a hell of a drug?

A coke head is the same as a crack head to me.

SB913594

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
What does that have to do with the fact that they are both drugs that can kill you. Despite how addictive one is over another you can die from the first hit if you're not careful.

I don't get it either..its like saying I don't smoke ciggarettes , I smoke menthols...or blunts.

I guess cause it cost more, its better? ;shrug:

frontstreet

Space Time Traveller
Reaction score
Reactions
11,268 371 188
Alleybux

ok :)

MPKTN2011

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
746 1 1
Alleybux
Ain't no way in hell a cokehead is the same as a crackhead...no fµck!ng way! Crack will have you doing all kinds of sh!t you would never dream of doing just to get a line of coke. Two totally different beasts!! There are sooooooooooo many very well functioning cokeheads walking around. I don't know one half-assed functioning crackhead!

Ashy to Ashes

Reaction score
Reactions
95,666 2,518 1,863
Alleybux
Ain't no way in hell a cokehead is the same as a crackhead...no fµck!ng way! Crack will have you doing all kinds of sh!t you would never dream of doing just to get a line of coke. Two totally different beasts!! There are sooooooooooo many very well functioning cokeheads walking around. I don't know one half-assed functioning crackhead!

You're missing my point. They both can kill you so why is one deemed better than the other?

frontstreet

Space Time Traveller
Reaction score
Reactions
11,268 371 188
Alleybux

:yes:

Reaction score
Reactions
93,008 1,244 855
Alleybux
it's just like Whitney talking about not doing crack in that Oprah interview in 2009...talking bout she didn't do crack, she did "rock cocaine"...like we don't know rock cocaine and crack are the same damn thing! crack is the poor man's drug that they feel they are too good for...

right Whitney said she smoked rock cocaine in a blunt. Rock cocaine=crack. the stigma attached is the reason why she just didn't admit to it. To be honest, she didn't have to talk about it if she didn't want. I would have preferred she say nothing at all instead of lying and downplaying her drug use.

calidreamer082

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,416 160 100
Alleybux
The important thing that is missing is that Whitney got off crack. She was clean, as far as we know, for some time. It wasn't like crack killed her. I think there was definitely a transferring of addiction (from crack to pills & alcohol) but she did technically kick the crack habit. I'm not really sure what Mary J. Blige's point is....

Whitney started using crack and got addicted like tons of others. She also went to rehab and got off the stuff too. I wish the media would stop harping on it.

bluetokyo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,883 714 219
Alleybux
I can believe that. I had a cousin who tried crack on a dare, and he said that he was addicted from the first time he used it.

Chillin4Life

Supreme Being
Reaction score
Reactions
29,772 418 131
Alleybux
I saw this she did a good job I think she has people in her face like her husband I wish somebody could have saved Whitney but I am hearing that Whitney was in bad physical condition which makes me sad!!

I heard that too from my mother on how Whitney wanted to get a tummy tuck but the doctors told her no because she was out of shape. That made me hurt because it made me believe the blind item I saw up here. It's a shame. God rest her soul.

mjfan4life

Pill Cosbys Deflated Scro
Reaction score
Reactions
86,344 1,727 1,906
Alleybux
So if Whitney was sick, was her doctors taking care of her? who was her personal physician?

passion4posh

Cococure
Reaction score
Reactions
80,341 2,793 1,197
Alleybux
During the time she did the "Mary" album.Mary had developed a bad reputation and was blackballed in the industry due to her partying ,chasing men ,"hoodrat-ish" stunts well known nasty attitude and lackadaisical work ethic.Whitney asked her to perform with her on VH-1 DIVAS and her career rebounded and soared.

i often wondered if Mary reached out to Whitney in the past few years.

Livetolearn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,148 492 179
Alleybux
My cousin Yolanda died of skin cancer. It is kind of rare for African Americans to get skin cancer but it does happen. When there was a party she was at with my Mother and some family memebrs someone said to her Lolly what is that mole on your arm she said I always had this mole. And the person yes I know that but why is it so big all of the sudden go get it looked at. She did and it turned out to be cancer. Cancer that had not spread and really was totally curable. But my cousin never went tot he doctor to be taken care of. Why? My cousin was a crack addict and that was more important then her getting treated for cancer. More important then her husband more important then her kids more important then her life. So when people say with crack once you start you can't stop you can't. Even in her last months of life when she was sent home to be with her family she told a cousin of mind you know what now that I am back home I still think about crack. It never leaves your mind.