Mayweather Wants $600 Million For Bouts With Khabib, McGregor

Mikhail Bakunin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,039 19,673 18,910
Alleybux
Mayweather Wants $600 Million For Bouts With Khabib, McGregor

Former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather is looking to secure a giant vault full of money for a potential ring return.

Mayweather retired back in August of 2017, after stopping UFC superstar Conor McGregor in the tenth round at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. For that contest, Mayweather had snapped a two year layoff.

In the last few months, Mayweather has been discussing the possibility of fighting again this year.

floyd-mayweather%20(2)_8.jpg

UFC President Dana White is looking to work side by side with Mayweather for his ring return. The two had met at a basketball game in 2019 and reached a verbal pact to work together for a big event this coming fall.

Mayweather has confirmed that White has approached him regarding the possibility of a boxing match with Khabib Nurmagomedov and a boxing rematch with McGregor.

Mayweather, 43-years-old, earned a reported $300 million for the bout with McGregor.

He's looking for similar paydays to get back in the ring, against two of the biggest stars that the UFC has to offer.

He explains that fights against the likes of Khabib and McGregor would bring far more money than facing any of the top boxers at welterweight or junior middleweight.

"'We [him and White] talked about the Conor McGregor fight, we talked about the Khabib fight. For myself, the number is $600 million [to face them]. If I'm going to go out there and risk it, it'd have to be worth it," Mayweather stated during a fan event in the UK.

"In the boxing world as of right now, it doesn't make sense for me to fight any ordinary fighter. I'm a business man. The Conor McGregor fight made sense. If it makes money, it makes sense.

"I don't fight fighters or compete against competitors that only have cities behind them. If I'm going to fight you, you have to have a whole country behind you. 'The first fight [with McGregor] was entertaining. It's an entertainment business."