Mayweather Willing To Help Joshua Prepare For Fury Fight

Reactions
107,265 10,034 13,228
Alleybux
Mayweather Willing To Help Joshua Prepare For Fury Fight

joshua-mayweather_2020_12_13_091057.jpg

By BoxingScene Staff
Published Wed Mar 17, 2021, 12:12 AM EDT

Former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather is more than happy to help Anthony Joshua prepare for his full division heavyweight unification with Tyson Fury.

The two boxers have signed a deal for a two fight series - which involves the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC, WBO world titles.

A date and location has yet to be finalized.

Mayweather indicates that he speaks with Joshua on a regular basis and he's more than willing to assist him with the preparation for the Fury fight.

“I look forward to working with Anthony Joshua real soon, we communicate all the time, we talk all the time,” said Mayweather to The Disruptive Entrepreneur.

“I’ve met Tyson Fury on a few occasions, great guy, very interesting, after the fight I like to see him sing. I haven't seen him fight a lot of times, I've seen him fight probably only twice. I’ve only seen Tyson Fury fight twice, against Deontay Wilder.”

“Anthony Joshua has a lot of experience, Tyson Fury as well has a lot of experience. But I think with Anthony Joshua losing a fight, that helped him become stronger. But it's a very intriguing match-up, you can never say what's going to happen in the sport of boxing. Both guys are great competitors. Like I say, me and Anthony Joshua talk on the regular, so I look forward to working with Anthony Joshua.”

Joshua was in action last December, when he knocked out mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev in nine rounds.

Fury has been inactive for over a year, with his last fight taking place in February 2020 - when he stopped Deontay Wilder in seven rounds to capture the WBC world title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Reactions
1,619 11 2
Alleybux
Joshua don't need his help. Mayweather should be worrying about Gervonta's eating habits. Nobody of his size should be up at 140lbs

The Culture

Celebrity News

General Alley

Recent Posts

• Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
I just looked at Amazon (US) and even though I have a 6 year old kiddo (so I should be prime demographic for her) The Bench was buried down as the...
Is Instagram officially the most toxic platform?
Everytime I open IG, it’s like opening Pandora box of repressed feelings of inadequacy and fear of missing out. IG is toxic to your self-esteem...
  • Poll
Loose Puthy Peasant Presents: The Queen Naija Story
Queen doesn’t get anything but rejection Lmfaooo yup
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
Did Jazz quit the group? If glu tv were smart, they would dead that channel and make a new one without Keesha, or ask her for the login and tell...
what yull view on Domestic violence between women in same sex relationship?
Yes I definitely encouraged police involvement, he refused but he’s out of that relationship now. Thank you Oh thank god bc not everyone can say...
UPDATE Welcome to Chiraq: The tales of liars, killas and stealers.
Well said. He shouldn’t take care of anyone but his kids but he can definitely make sure that Von’s family receive residual income from his...
Chris Cornell Blind Item - Might Explain His Death XII
@iawake I hope his ashes were divided up and PC was able to take Chris home. He should be home. Near those who love him. We have some of my...
Missing 13-Year-Old Was Found Shot in the Mouth in Philadelphia. Her Family Wants Answers
this is the saddest thing I ever heard how was she missing for a whole year? why did she run away? how did she live? who did she live with? this...
Caitlyn Jenner is already managing to be even worse of a candidate than I thought
Even if Caitlyn Jenner was a good candidate, I believe many people wouldn’t vote for her on the sole basis that she’s trans. I mean, we still...
Top Bottom