Reaction score
Reactions
154,040 19,673 18,910
Alleybux
Mayweather Willing To Help Joshua Prepare For Fury Fight

joshua-mayweather_2020_12_13_091057.jpg

By BoxingScene Staff
Published Wed Mar 17, 2021, 12:12 AM EDT

Former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather is more than happy to help Anthony Joshua prepare for his full division heavyweight unification with Tyson Fury.

The two boxers have signed a deal for a two fight series - which involves the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC, WBO world titles.

A date and location has yet to be finalized.

Mayweather indicates that he speaks with Joshua on a regular basis and he's more than willing to assist him with the preparation for the Fury fight.

“I look forward to working with Anthony Joshua real soon, we communicate all the time, we talk all the time,” said Mayweather to The Disruptive Entrepreneur.

“I’ve met Tyson Fury on a few occasions, great guy, very interesting, after the fight I like to see him sing. I haven't seen him fight a lot of times, I've seen him fight probably only twice. I’ve only seen Tyson Fury fight twice, against Deontay Wilder.”

“Anthony Joshua has a lot of experience, Tyson Fury as well has a lot of experience. But I think with Anthony Joshua losing a fight, that helped him become stronger. But it's a very intriguing match-up, you can never say what's going to happen in the sport of boxing. Both guys are great competitors. Like I say, me and Anthony Joshua talk on the regular, so I look forward to working with Anthony Joshua.”

Joshua was in action last December, when he knocked out mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev in nine rounds.

Fury has been inactive for over a year, with his last fight taking place in February 2020 - when he stopped Deontay Wilder in seven rounds to capture the WBC world title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

tobenna2020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,737 451 303
Alleybux
Joshua don't need his help. Mayweather should be worrying about Gervonta's eating habits. Nobody of his size should be up at 140lbs

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,461 21,163 10,194
Alleybux
Good for Floyd, I feel like HW is entirely different, but I think the difficulty in Fury is his slickness and good foot movement. Luckily AJ is good on his feet too, but he'll have to find some way to neutralize that other stuff.