Meet Jay-Z new ARTIST.

Reactions
34,150 1,983 72
Alleybux
JAY-Z’s Roc Nation label just got a boost in the R&B department with the signing of 21-year-old singer Maeta, according to Variety. The rising Indianapolis-raised, Los Angeles-based artist will kick off the next chapter of her career with the release of her Habits EP on April 30.

I am so thankful to Omar, Shari, and the rest of the team for embracing me and believing in my dream.”

This isn’t the first time Maeta has crossed paths with JAY-Z’s company. In October 2020, she appeared on the compilation REPRISE: A Roc Nation Album to benefit social justice efforts across America, collaborating with Grammy-nominated rapper D Smoke and Arin Ray on a song called “Common Sense.”

Maeta has one of those rare natural voices that will stop you in your tracks,” said Roc Nation co-president Omar Grant. “When I heard her sing live for the first time, she already had the poise, presence, and instincts of a much more established artist. I’m so glad she is beginning her career at Roc Nation.”

Maeta has the same manager as H.E.R., Jeff Robinson, and has already worked with Compton rapper Buddy, Kaytranada and James Fauntleroy. She got her start posting songs on SoundCloud and Instagram as a teenager and dropped her debut EP Do Not Disturb in November 2019, before moving to the West Coast earlier this year.

Another Roc Nation co-president Shari Bryant added, “We are so happy that Maeta decided to join the Roc Nation family and allow us to help guide her career. We can’t wait for the world to hear her music and be mesmerized by her gorgeous voice like we continue to be.”

The upcoming EP will include her new single “Toxic,” which is a collaboration with rapper BEAM with production from Skrillex — watch the video below.

And yes she sound like the rest of these hoes! Another QUEEN NAIJA

Reactions
2,221 24 6
Alleybux
hah
JAY-Z’s Roc Nation label just got a boost in the R&B department with the signing of 21-year-old singer Maeta, according to Variety. The rising Indianapolis-raised, Los Angeles-based artist will kick off the next chapter of her career with the release of her Habits EP on April 30.

I am so thankful to Omar, Shari, and the rest of the team for embracing me and believing in my dream.”

This isn’t the first time Maeta has crossed paths with JAY-Z’s company. In October 2020, she appeared on the compilation REPRISE: A Roc Nation Album to benefit social justice efforts across America, collaborating with Grammy-nominated rapper D Smoke and Arin Ray on a song called “Common Sense.”

Maeta has one of those rare natural voices that will stop you in your tracks,” said Roc Nation co-president Omar Grant. “When I heard her sing live for the first time, she already had the poise, presence, and instincts of a much more established artist. I’m so glad she is beginning her career at Roc Nation.”

Maeta has the same manager as H.E.R., Jeff Robinson, and has already worked with Compton rapper Buddy, Kaytranada and James Fauntleroy. She got her start posting songs on SoundCloud and Instagram as a teenager and dropped her debut EP Do Not Disturb in November 2019, before moving to the West Coast earlier this year.

Another Roc Nation co-president Shari Bryant added, “We are so happy that Maeta decided to join the Roc Nation family and allow us to help guide her career. We can’t wait for the world to hear her music and be mesmerized by her gorgeous voice like we continue to be.”

The upcoming EP will include her new single “Toxic,” which is a collaboration with rapper BEAM with production from Skrillex — watch the video below.

And yes she sound like the rest of these hoes! Another QUEEN NAIJA
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reactions
34,150 1,983 72
Alleybux
Lol, I figured she would look like that....yawn. The music industry is so mediocre and trash these days.
Trash her whole page is so boring and bland nothing about her stands out. He was better off signing somebody like tink he think this girl gonna sell she’s not. Even her name boring Maeta? It’s funny because she tried to come up with a monicker she thought was gonna be different

Reactions
12,008 399 471
Alleybux
No thanks

sml.gif

OLDHEAD
Reactions
181,851 2,147 1,583
Alleybux
YAWN. Is she white or biracial? It doesn't really matter, cause they all look the same.

She's gonna get artificallly pushed like H.E.R. since they have the same manager + being signed to Roc Nation. But she will definitely flop like the rest that have come and gone. You would think with the recent success of HER, SZA, Summer, etc they would sign a brown girl with some buzz, but no.

Reactions
50,221 366 70
Alleybux
Bridgette kelly.... Rita ora... Alexis Jordan..lovely Rih, and what is this lady name meata?....atleast we were able to meet Melanie Fiona and Teairra Mari- I still listen to both.

____Hell Raiser____
Reactions
10,241 173 46
Alleybux
Brrrr its cold in here...I said it must be some toros in the atmosphere...I said ohwee ohwee oh Ice ice ice..

I'm just underwhelmed an tipsy...

Reactions
34,150 1,983 72
Alleybux
I knew it was a woman by the title lol, also she looks whack and def like she’d eff him and keep quiet for the right reason price.
Exactly he ain’t doing none but signing bitches he tryna fuck on the low wit his old ass. And her ass eager and can’t wait. The price ain’t even gotta be much of nothing she gone fuck off his name regardless

The Culture

Celebrity News

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Is Anyone Else Burnt Out On Black Trauma TV Shows And Movies?
So I've made some major life changes within the past year such as starting a new career, new relationship, and moving to a new state. With some of...
BLACK WOMEN ARE LOSING INTEREST IN BLACK MEN...
How about we just encourage black women to stop dating dusties who refuse to marry them? Because this wont help the community.
Phaedra is excited Kenya regrets flirting with Apollo
The push in the pool is fair but that question about threeomes was also asked to Peter and Todd but those scenes did not air because it would go...
My young Sri Lankan husband left me with nothing!
Lordt that was a wild read. At least Danielle and Mo made it out somewhat unscathed.
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
You gotta add the clip of Keesha on vacation (drunk) with Ashley S saying she’s marrying Jeremy So I've never watched this vlog, I've only seen...
Official Aaliyah Jay Thread Part 2
I don't quite believe it but whatever The problem with stupid people is that they over exaggerate very basic shit. I do believe she has money...
South Carolina Adds Firing Squads to Methods of Execution. Death Row Inmates Get To Choose...
I'm not white, far from it. "Not even close, and certainly not at the same horrific scale" Huh? The biggest massacre in history goes to Asia...
Jemele Hill tried it with En Vogue
The entire born to sing album and the entire funky divas album were complete bops on bops. Then my fav song of theirs Don’t Let Go from the movie...
Jt tweets “happy Mother’s Day to me, I have throat kids”
Ugh. Some people don't mind tip toeing thru the gutter barefoot. Well, she is a high ranking guttersnipe
Top Bottom