Meet Youtube's Newest Millionaire (She's Black)

Team Owner
Reactions
32,663 1,713 690
Alleybux
When it comes to your vision, or your dreams... The hardest part is getting up and getting going..

Just go out there and go for it! Don't over think it, just research, plan, and execute!

I wish I had the patience and mental motivation to do something like this. I have so many great ideas but not enough mental stamina to get going.

Sorry, not sorry.
Reactions
77,541 1,513 1,600
Alleybux

If you've followed the original "making money online thread" You'll know that we spoke allot about DisneyCarToys and her success with her toy channel. Her approach to "doll playing" on youtube was different, and annoying to some but she managed to become YOUTUBE's Most popular channel of 2014. She also generated Millions along with Alltoycollector (who has opted to remain incg) and CookieSwirlC, to name a few. It's very clear that children ARE on Youtube and parents are looking for clean and engaging channels for their children to watch.

But what about children of colour? 99% of these Youtubers showcase non black dolls.. In comes MyFroggyStuff!

Slide1.jpg

Last year I noticed that my own girls were watching the same YT channel and constantly asking me to pick up crafting supplies from Michaels, so I did. After noticing that they would rather craft than play on their ipads I had to investigate who or what it was that caused my girls to get bitten by the crafting bug.

To my surprise it was a mother daughter duo, who ran a channel by the name of Myfroggystuff . I tried to contain my excitement upon learning they were black and that the channel was a family affair, but after watching several videos I was both impressed and yearning to create something myself.. And maybe play with some dolls too!

Her name is LaToya M. and she's not just a entrepreneur she's a mother and an Airforce wife. And Come December she'll have over 1 Million Subscribers.

moore-broyles-600.jpg

High demand channels and categories tend to be partnered and partnership in her category yields $5-$12/1000 views. I have no doubt in my mind that she's partnered and making over 1 million per year. She also has many videos that easily surpass 1-2 million views. Nonetheless, its not about the money, I am very proud of the channel they've created and I love that children from all races can watch, learned and be inspired to use their imagination to create something great.

Her Channel is MyFroggyStuff Please Subscribe especially if you have children (and even if you don't)

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MyFroggyStuff
Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/froggystuff
Blog: http://www.myfroggyboy.blogspot.ca/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MyFroggyStuff

[video=youtube;fHz0PeW9jeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHz0PeW9jeY[/video]

[video=youtube;EoOAgYo8rqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoOAgYo8rqM[/video]

Here's an older Article I've found on the web.

If your kids want all the accessories for their American Girl, Barbie, Calico Critters or Monster High dolls, you may already be one of the 400,000 subscribers to the My Froggy Stuff YouTube Channel.
Instead of buying all those doll accessories, Air Force wife LaToya M. has made a business out of teaching viewers to make those things from recycled items.

Think breakfast breads for Barbie made out of cornstarch dough. Made-to-fit eyeglasses from plastic packaging. A real school binder fashioned from a cereal box, paperclips and printable pages from the My Froggy Stuff website.

Everything LaToya makes looks amazingly real, and her step-by-step tutorial videos are easy to follow. No wonder My Froggy Stuff is now a partner with YouTube and the world’s largest doll crafting channel.
We met LaToya at the 2013 USO Gala when her husband, Staff Sgt. Christopher D. , won the Airman of the Year award. LaToya agreed to share some inspiration from her business.

How did you get your business started?
Well, I played dolls with my daughter every day. Being a stay-at-home mom married to an E-5, we could not afford all the dolls and accessories that came with them. So I started making them. After a while, I decided to upload some of my crafts on YouTube, and from that point people really took interest. That was about five years ago.

What do you like best about your work?
I love the opportunity to share my work with the world. We have viewers all over the world. Our channel is a very interactive channel, in that the viewer watches a craft, does the craft and then shares their version of it on one of our social media sites, then we put their craft on one of our videos. The viewers make this experience worthwhile.

Did you go to college? If so, do you use your degree?

I went to the University of Georgia and graduated Magna Cum Laude from Terry College of Business at UGA. I would have to say I do not use my degree. I majored in accounting. However, the hard work through those years definitely helps me a lot today.

How has being married to a servicemember impacted your own career?
My husband is an explosive ordnance disposal technician, so to say the least, his work -- whether overseas or stateside -- keeps him very busy. During his last deployment, I ran headfirst into this business as a way to stay very busy so as to not worry about what he may have been going through in Afghanistan. In doing so, the business really took off.

How has your service member supported your career?

My husband recently transferred to the Air National Guard to finish out his military enlistment. He works for My Froggy Stuff full time as our senior graphic design & video editor. He has been very supportive from the beginning and continues to do so.

What was your biggest career mistake?

We must learn from our mistakes. Being a military spouse and having any sort of career can be all but impossible. However, one must have a plan, and we must realize we can't do it alone.

What is a strength you use on the job every day?

Patience ... lots of patience. You don't get nearly 400,000 subscribers and over 200,000,000 channel views over night.

What is the best compliment you ever received?

We receive many fantastic compliments. There isn't a best one. Hhowever, the best types are the ones in which a mother, father or parental figure in their life watch our videos and begin crafting as a way to spend time together.

What was the hardest lesson you had to learn?

I would say after being a military brat, then a military spouse, I have been in a supportive role my whole life. But now I am the CEO. That comes with a ton of responsibility. I had to get used to being the boss.

What keeps you working?

My family. This has become a family business, and I am blessed to be a part of it.
We have fantastic growth, our viewers love that we created a place for crafters and doll lovers to get together and express their love and creativeness

Actually at two hundred million views she might actually have made $1 million dollars from her youtube channel. this is going by her getting $5 dollars for every 1 thousand views...

Not even counting her sponsorships and other endorsements... The numbers add up FAST when you scale it out!!!! and thats exactly what she has done and is doing.

Salute!!!

Rookie
Reactions
Alleybux
This is super cool! My baby sister watches a whole bunch of doll shows on YT involving Frozen, My Little Pony and The Littlest Pet Shop so I'll definitely get her on this. Congrats to her.

Reactions
2,241 27 3
Alleybux
Wow this is fantastic and so creative! Congratulations to her and her success. I am going to show these videos to my coworker. She is always complaining about how her daughter is always begging for new toys and things I think this may be a great alternative for her. Thank you for sharing.

The Culture

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

All these I hate my mama threads been breaking my heart lately
This persons mother didn’t do a very good job if they’re on here bashing people for their feelings. An emotionally mature person right here. There...
RHOA Porsha unfollowed Cynthia
Maybe some of you are missing the point. I do not support what Porsha is doing, however her RHOA co-stars are not much different from her where...
New Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich @ Burger King
I'm on a weight loss journey and I have braces so it's been a bit hard missing out on all these fried chicken sandwich releases :'(
British TV host interviews Meghan Markle's first boyfriend
"She can trust me" he says, whilst sitting down for an interview with the very press that tried to destroy her :cautious:
My brother wants to go to college for video game design & not the military, dental hygienist...
What was your dream career? And what are y What was your dream career? And what are you doing now? I wanted to be a domestic violence...
What is the funniest thread on LSA
The thread where a font was talking about hitting a Rac00n with her car and how terrified and sad she was but the auto-correct on LSA kept...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
I think I probably have a different view in NV than most here, I don’t necessarily get a bad vibe from her, I just see her not being the nurturing...
WAGS THREAD PART XV (CLEAN VERSION)
Last night I was on Eric Bledsoe's twitch live, and Bri was telling everyone she wants to make babies with him. She cannot raise her own kids...
Top Bottom