Quantcast

Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2

Will this video with Archie help their brand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

District ten

Queen Mother
Reaction score
Reactions
56,096 779 23
Alleybux
Pierce is going to do the biggest victory dance once this is over. Maybe an American network will pick him up for sh!ts and giggles.

No, I think he overstayed his welcome in the USA when he kept lecturing about gun control as his favorite topic back in 2014.

Commenting on the viewing figures, Morgan said that he was "a British guy debating American cultural issues, including guns, which has been very polarizing, and there is no doubt that there are many in the audience who are tired of me banging on about it."

Sugar N Ice

Beauty. Truth. Love.
Reaction score
Reactions
6,056 231 40
Alleybux
Heard Lady C's video. She talks about Harry using 'crocodile', 'roast chicken', and waffle. All which have unique definitions in the Urban Dictionary.

Urban Dictionary,

"Crocodile"
"Refers to when you go down on a woman and if you're good, from her vantage point you look like a crocodile because all she can see are your eyes."

Look up 'roast chicken' and 'waffle' in urban dictionary.

Lady C says they talk in code.

Made me laugh that Haz said Archie's first word was 'crocodile'.

Last edited:

Andi50

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
7,078 137 7
Alleybux
I just thought of something: if their plan was half time royals in Canada wouldn’t they have expected half time security which is not what they wanted (they wanted full time)?

It doesn’t make sense to have the British taxpayers fund something full time if you’re doing half the work.

Why didn’t they think that one through?

Maybe they thought Charles would pick up the tab foe the other half of the time since it’s his son and DIL and grandson, that’s reasonable I suppose...

But that shoulda been confirmed in writing before they officially made the split.

They didn’t think this one all the way through...

They thought Canadians would be so grateful for their presence that they’d be happy to pick up the tab for their security.

Rae St James

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,601 239 3
Alleybux

It erupted again 2016. He fought almost as tenaciously as Harry. Harry is just following Andrew's path but thought he could prevail by crying racism. This is why the BRF will not budge. They've seen this movie before. The British public are solidly on their side, particularly re slimming down the monarchy.

Read these and you could be reading about Harry.

Prince Charles insists Beatrice and Eugenie don’t deserve full-time royal status | Daily Mail Online

Prince Charles 'blocks Prince Andrew's request for Beatrice and Eugenie's royal roles' | Daily Mail Online

The Duke of York has been through the mill, we should be kinder

Disraeli's dictum 'Never complain, never explain' is a tried and tested formula which has served our royal family well in the years since the world's media decided to turn its searchlight on their activities.

Least said, soonest mended, is another useful pick out of the cliché box which has worked over time. In other words, keeping your trap shut is the most effective way of people forgetting royal transgressions, major and minor.

Which poses the question - why did the Duke of York suddenly break ranks and turn on his media tormentors, those anonymous nobodies who over the past few weeks have speculated that his daughters Beatrice and Eugenie want titles for their future husbands and are as scared as cats about losing their royal status?

“It is a complete fabrication,” he said in an unprecedented angry statement from Buckingham Palace. “There is no truth... pointless speculation...purported interventions...” He seemed particularly hurt by the repetition of rumours that he and Prince Charles had fallen out over the future public role of the princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.

As if his point were not made clearly enough, on an outing with those daughters on the same day the Duchess of York waded in and demanded, “Stop bullying the York family, please!”

The issue of the Duke's statement on official Palace paper, and the Duchess's broadside, would appear to some a disproportionate response to what was no more newspaper tittle-tattle which had speculated, without the slightest corroboration, that the Duke was demanding earldoms from the Queen for the lucky men who will marry his daughters.

The York family have been through the mill what with their messy divorce, the Duke's performance as a public figure, and the Duchess's recurring habit of seeking out banana-skins on which to slip. Over the years they have been variously painted as comic, tragic, venal and profligate - but until now they have borne the scourging and contempt with barely a murmur.

So what has changed? Why suddenly demand that the bullying and the speculation about their side of the family should stop, and over such a trivial issue as the perceived status of the two princesses?

The answer may very well lie in the publication, the day before, of a photograph taken at Buckingham Palace. Laden with jewels, draped in sashes and garters, here was the core of our royal house showing themselves in their full majesty for the members of the world's Diplomatic Corps.

The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla and Prince William and Kate stand foursquare in a bold visual statement which underlines how important they remain as figures on the world stage.

The Duke was not part of this tableau. Yet not so long ago he was a figure crucial to the future of the House of Windsor, as second-in-line to the throne behind his brother Prince Charles.

Indeed, until as late as his 40th birthday it was conceivable that Prince Andrew could have become Regent in the unlikely event of the combined deaths of the Queen and Prince Charles: until Prince William reached his 18th birthday, the Duke of York could have reigned.

Once second in line with a chance of the Throne, now he is sixth, and at the age of 56 can only drift further to the margins to join largely forgotten figures like the Duke of Gloucester (fourth in line in the 1970s, now 24th) and Princess Alexandra (47th).

So for Andrew to open the newspapers and see himself absent from this late Elizabethan power-portrait must have been a bitter reminder of his family's realpolitik. Here were gathered the new focus of the House of Windsor and the gossip columns were saying his influence was gone. Understandable he should want to bite back.

To have issued his own official statement and published it on Twitter (he uses the initials AY next to his tweeks to show he is tweeting personally) suggests that Andrew may be struggling with status issues. Standing down from his post as our roving Trade Ambassador in 2011 after revelations about his private life, his use of undiplomatic language when abroad, his public contribution is now seen by many as lacklustre at best.

Despite energetic efforts to enrol his daughters in The Firm, they remain semi-detached royals who, whatever their merits (again debated hotly by the gossip columns), are as near the centre as they ever going to get. As time goes on, they too will drift to the margins.

It may be that the Duke now regrets issuing his statement, as it has done nothing but draw attention to his plight, and given the deployment of some uneasy grammar, one might join the speculators in guessing it was fired off by him unsanctioned by his Private Secretary, Amanda Thirsk.

The Duke of York is clearly hurting, and maybe people should be kinder.

Rae St James

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,601 239 3
Alleybux
This makes my stomach hurt. I feel terrible for Catherine and all of the Cambridge’s. Meg knows how the stans are, she knew exactly what she was doing. That’s absolutely vile.

Catherine is not Meghan, she doesn't see any of these. She's fine. She doesn't know these people exist. Neither do her children. It doesn't touch them. They are busy living their best lives.

These are just trolls, let's not give them the importance and attention they crave.

ReinaMaxima

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,342 741 850
Alleybux
The people thinking the Monarchy will be finished after this are stupid.

The Royals bring in 1.8 billion pounds yearly solely based on tourism.

Monarchy believe it or not, is also great for diplomatic reasons.

There have been worse scandals in other reigning European monarchies. Look at Prince Albert smh. They will survive this lol.

gya75

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
261,910 13,690 780
Alleybux
And they claim her Sister Samantha is a drama queen, well the whole family loves attention and Media
This makes my stomach hurt. I feel terrible for Catherine and all of the Cambridge’s. Meg knows how the stans are, she knew exactly what she was doing. That’s absolutely vile.

I feel bad for her too, especially since she can't defend herself, also where's the news coverage on that..

but if it's was Wannabee Queen it would be headline news... Meghan is not for other women...

Scary Berry

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,814 70 22
Alleybux
Meghan explained that though—they wanted the title of Prince because that triggers security for Archie.

That makes sense.

If they truly cared about titles they would have given him the Earl of Dumbarton title that is his right but it actually helps their point that they didn’t do that and it gives support to Meghan’s point that they only wanted Prince because of security.

And at first glance I would think “Oh well if he’s a Prince then he has obligations to the family in terms of working for them to be concerned about” but look at Eugenie and Beatrice, they are princesses and live on palace grounds and have regular jobs.

I think it’s a fair point to say “Well if Queen Elizabeth can intervene and hook Eugenie and Beatrice with a title and intervene and hook all three Cambridges up with a title why on earth couldn’t she make an exception for the Sussexes especially if because of their heightened fame around the world they are targets?”

And folks can disagree with that point but I don’t think it’s an unfair one to ask.

I understand folks saying “Well
QE only made the exception for the Cambridges because it would be weird for only George to be a prince might be some sibling rivalry stuff going on there” but if you’re gonna make an exception for that I don’t think it’s crazy to want an exception to be made so that your great grandkid isn’t kidnapped.

I mean wasn’t Anne in an attempted kidnapping as an adult while in a car driven by the royal household?

If that can happen to her and she isn’t nearly as high profile as Archie and his parents are I think that’s fair to be concerned.
Problem is Megz wants to be the center of attention and take over. Beatrice etc are low key. Megz is a narcissist and wouldnt be low key on palace grounds

LuciaLeilani

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,706 258 247
Alleybux
Stories of her past coming out. Can’t upload a photo of it, but an employee at a hotel where she was doing her photoshoot in 2016 said she went out of her way to make herself seem more important and better than everyone else.
Similar behavior was talked about regarding her breakup with Vitiello

Not sure what I can link or not but from a DM article:
“Why did Meghan's seemingly perfect love match with Cory end? And more pertinently, was there an 'overlap' between her relationships with him and Harry, as some have suggested?

According to one well-placed source, it was Vitiello who initiated the break-up because he grew tired of Meghan's increasingly 'prima donna-like' behaviour.

When they went out to dinner or travelled together, says the insider, she would drive her unpretentious boyfriend to distraction by using her name to win better service. Matters are rumoured to have come to a head, somewhat farcically, when she and Cory had friends to dinner, and she passed off the recipe for the much-admired main dish of pasta with courgette spirals – one of her boyfriend's creations – as hers”

StrummerGirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,119 5,759 349
Alleybux
Probably already asked, but don’t they take away the phones in The Firm?
I was corrected by a sugar in the thread about this. (Ugh)

I thought she said they took her phone too.

But it was just keys, passport and license.

correct me if I’m wrong please!!!

Pats Stone

Oh, you little b*tch troll from hell!
Reaction score
Reactions
27,313 222 12
Alleybux
My prediction is that Piers will end up here

When does GB news start? (thesun.co.uk)

and believe me, Andrew Neil doesn't give a sh!t about MM either.
03e9ddaca81f336a82de1616d6fed4a5.gif

Dan's signed up with GB News already

GoldenSlumbers

The Archewell Bishop of Montecito ©
Reaction score
Reactions
2,414 2 2
Alleybux
Do you all think the RF has audio or video recordings of these tantrums?

I remember reading in a book that there are rare occasions that a royal wasn't being constantly monitored. All of the palaces don't just have security, they have monitoring and listening devices.

Even when Will went to St. Andrews and his protection officers did a sweep of his dorm and found listening devices that MI5 or something had already planted. St. Andrews denied it but RF just said 'we don't comment on security".

There are receipts somewhere, even if from a palace aide recording to prove they were verbally abused by their boss.

And you are messing up the timeline, Harry and Meghan wanted security for Archie when they were still working for the Firm, I’m not talking about wanting security for Archie after they left I’m talking about Meghan saying they were denied security for him before he was even born but while they still were working royals.

He was a baby. He is a baby. Where was he going to go? Security from what? Windsor is on highly secure grounds. QE2 doesn't even have protection officers hovering over her inside Windsor. There would've been a security evaluation for Frogmore.

& Wouldn't "hands-on" parents like Meghan and Harry want to be with him out and about? They obviously felt safe enough with their own protection team to take him to Ibiza and Canada when they were still 'working royals'.

If they had stayed and been working royals, then when Archie hit school years, no doubt there would've been a reevaluation of security.

thepseudonym

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,425 1,842 176
Alleybux
They both live on crown estates so would be able to avail of existing security arrangements when at home. They're not very high profile and your average Brit can't tell one from the other. I doubt they'd require bodyguards when going about their daily business.

Yep, i saw a video once where Bea was at an airport in the US she didnt have security, they usually dont have it, only when things are deemed as some kind of risk do they use them.

The paparazzi were funny in the video though.

Roop Ki Rani

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,757 1,163 1,799
Alleybux
They are getting close to that being their next stunt. And they will blame it on lack of security.

They can't afford one more stunt after this.

If they mention lack of money, security or titles again it's crystal clear what this whole debacle is about to absolutely everyone.

Haha orca knew exactly what she was doing she knew she would never get to sit down with any other member of the RF so she made do with 6th in line.

End of year report card for H&M:

Must try harder.

D-

CeeKin

Ain't Noone Got Time For This
Reaction score
Reactions
1,887 12 3
Alleybux
Similar behavior was talked about regarding her breakup with Vitiello

Not sure what I can link or not but from a DM article:
“Why did Meghan's seemingly perfect love match with Cory end? And more pertinently, was there an 'overlap' between her relationships with him and Harry, as some have suggested?

According to one well-placed source, it was Vitiello who initiated the break-up because he grew tired of Meghan's increasingly 'prima donna-like' behaviour.

When they went out to dinner or travelled together, says the insider, she would drive her unpretentious boyfriend to distraction by using her name to win better service. Matters are rumoured to have come to a head, somewhat farcically, when she and Cory had friends to dinner, and she passed off the recipe for the much-admired main dish of pasta with courgette spirals – one of her boyfriend's creations – as hers”

She is seriously deranged and doesn't have an ounce of personality or authenticity to her. She's vile.

joslyn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
92,829 793 36
Alleybux
They thought Canadians would be so grateful for their presence that they’d be happy to pick up the tab for their security.
Wherever they go they bizarrely assume a personal security detail will be gifted to them. Really?

If they are firm on cheap, then buy a Ring doorbell/camera and stop complaining.

If they want security, then they will have to find the cash. Where will they compromise? Fewer helicopter rides?
Take hair extensions off monthly delivery?

We all have to make choices that fit our pocketbook.. Welcome to freedom M/H!

AuntJane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
338,390 1,321 104
Alleybux
I know Harry's on the lower end of sucession but it's weird how he was even able to marry a person like Meg. Her background is so sketchy. I'm not even a fan of The Royals but the whole situation is bizzare.
It all comes back around to Harry. He's the weird one. He's always been a dangerous royal because while unable to get from point a to point b without a retinue covering his ass, cleaning up after him, and doing his work for him, he believes he's got the standing to patronize his father and brother, not to mention educate the world. He and Meg whinge over things they're not entitled to - such as a title for their son and walking in with the Queen, PC and Camilla - while policing every one of their entitlements over other royals, such as outranking Sophie and Edward.

He's been playing the Diana card so strongly the past couple of years I believe people are convinced Harry has always been defined by his mother's death and spoken of her this way. He hasn't.

One thing I've realized about people in general is they don't track timelines so people like Harry and Meg can twist reality left and right without being called out.

Bottom line, Harry had serious serious psychological issues and they were dangerous - he had a temper, he was reckless, he lacked empathy, I believe the BRF thought he was probably unmarriageable. I also believe he met and conducted most of his relationship with Meghan Markle without the BRF's awareness and presented her to them as a fait accompli. I believe his family wrongly thought - we've loved him all this time, we've wanted the best for him - we have some standing to ask questions and advice caution. Nope, they didn't. He had no appreciation for anything done for him. It was no more than his due and in fact where things fell short was his own fault. They've never been on his side!

The BRF can only function as a restraint if the person they're restraining agrees to it. No matter what Meg claims. Their restraints are disapproval, strong advice, blah blah with the weight of the institution carrying the influence. If you flip all that the bird the BRF doesn't have a next move. Apparently cutting off funding is not a go to for them.

If Harry's like "I'm marrying her, fµck you." then he marries her. The BRF has no idea how to NOT have a St. George's royal wedding for the pair. Too much to explain about Harry. I am also convinced this wedding was 100% agenda not that Harry acknowledged this. He wasn't looking for a life partner or a family. He was seeking a partner in crime, someone to weaponize or use as leverage against the institution where he wasn't getting what he felt he was entitled to get. The BRF was advising as if he were marrying someone who'd be by his side for life - a genuine relationship.

Harry is the sticking point. The very fact that she wanted to marry Harry counted against Meghan Markle from day one and invited inquiry.

Waterfall

Instagram loving b**** wife
Reaction score
Reactions
88,733 2,575 2,065
Alleybux

seacole

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,862 1,293 571
Alleybux
Having mixed race members was a great benefit for the royals. One member of the family may or may not have said something obnoxious, but that does not in any way mean the royal family is racist as a whole. In fact, if the worst she can serve up is that some unnamed person may have made an offensive remark which she didn't even hear herself 4 years ago, that would indicate the opposite.

If Meghan were a blonde haired, blue eyed American D list actress with similar personality traits, she would have been treated much more harshly in the media.

And if she was actually black there would have been many more racist articles and she certainly would not be getting this wave of sympathy. The woman benefits from her lack of colour every which way.

Pats Stone

Oh, you little b*tch troll from hell!
Reaction score
Reactions
27,313 222 12
Alleybux
I mean wasn’t Anne in an attempted kidnapping as an adult while in a car driven by the royal household?

If that can happen to her and she isn’t nearly as high profile as Archie and his parents are I think that’s fair to be concerned.
a75da8d93ba6291985ba77ee84fb6de3.gif

Gigitha

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
860 6
Alleybux
I would love to see a collection of all the complaints that Meghan has sent to newspapers, websites, forums, etc. Just to see how truly obsessive she is about what is said and written about her.

Buck Henry

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,512 260 214
Alleybux
Heard Lady C's video. She talks about Harry using 'crocodile', 'roast chicken', and waffle. All which have unique definitions in the Urban Dictionary.

Urban Dictionary,

"Crocodile"
"Refers to when you go down on a woman and if you're good, from her vantage point you look like a crocodile because all she can see are your eyes."

Look up 'roast chicken' and 'waffle' in urban dictionary.

Lady C says they talk in code.

Made me laugh that Haz said Archie's first word was 'crocodile'.

Will look it up, thank you.

gya75

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
261,910 13,690 780
Alleybux
Probably already discussed but I agree with her..

By HT Entertainment Desk
PUBLISHED ON MAR 09, 2021 08:18 PM IST
After publicly denouncing Meghan Markle for her interview with Oprah Winfrey, Simi Garewal said that she has no respect for ‘women who come in and break up homes’. Simi was responding to a Twitter user who asked her to factually back up her claims that Meghan lied in the interview.

In a two-hour interview with Oprah, Meghan said that she felt so miserable being a part of the British royal family that she had suicidal thoughts while pregnant with son Archie. She claimed that she was denied help by the Palace. She and her husband, Prince Harry, also revealed that a member of the family had expressed ‘concerns’ about how dark Archie’s complexion could potentially be.

Simi shared a Daily Mail article, which reminded readers of an old interview of Meghan’s childhood friend Ninaki, in which she said that Meghan was ‘always fascinated by the royal family’ and wanted to be ‘Princess Diana 2.0’.

“There are too many facts...for a starter try reading this.. And I do not respect women who come in and break up homes. Families & marriages take years to build trust,” Simi wrote, replying to a Twitter user who said that Meghan’s interview was a ‘massively risky move with no apparent benefit’. “You have offered no facts or arguments to substantiate why she shouldn't be believed,” he added.

After calling Meghan Markle a liar, Simi Garewal says she has no respect for 'women who come in and break up homes'

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,730 4,267 1,045
Alleybux
I'm just thinking about what it would be like if Archie had gotten a title and they stayed. How many years of lies and manipulation and all kinds of info saved up for ammunition. They would still be there now in the UK wreaking havoc if Archie got a title. Close call there.

IMO M2 would’ve found someway to make it all about Archie. I have a feeling that she would sort of pit the Cambridge kids and her kids against each other. I mean she manage to do that with her self and Kate with the whole flower girl dresses and cry gate... what is the say that she wouldn’t do the same with her own nephews and nieces putting them up against her kids. She probably come up with a rumour that George bullied Archie or something like that.

SerenaDrew

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,454 1
Alleybux
Priyanka could’ve ghosted her. We don’t know.
She is (from judging her interviews and behaviour) similar to Meghan.

Back when Priyanka married the Jonas guy I believe I actually thought Prince Harry and being a duchess was a much better deal than dating a lame Jonas brother.

I think I was wrong lol

I think I said something like Priyanka saw what her friend just got and wanted all that attention for herself too.
She got with that guy and they started advertising their relationship, engagement and later 57 weddings.

I think all their famewhoring worked.
She’s got all these jobs despite her looks taking a dive, being annoying and not talented.
Her husband has been doing well for himself too. He’s on The Voice and also has music with his brothers and soon solo stuff again.

Meghan and Harry fumbled their bag big time and had to do a scandalous interview to get attention and people on her side.
We’ll see if that will work.

Imo PH and his Royal status was very overrated. I wouldn't be surprise If Jonas have more money than him. I think Nick and Priyanka are fame hoe , i don't love it, but they seem to really know where they stand and seem to value work.
Imo Nick always looked like a better option.
He is more attractive (face and body)
A least he have talent, something to sell.
Started to work and became independent at young age. He played well his cards.
Apparently he is good with money, he knows how increase his bank account, he grew up in a competitive industry and probably know people who had less luck in Hollywood. He knows that nothing is guaranted in this career.
Until now i don't know any stories about NJ having a racist past with receipts like PH. This fact just make him more likable than PH.
I don't know if Priyanka spend a lot money like MM allegedly do, but she was a big star in Bollywood and have her own money, i think some Priyanka fans bragged about her having more money than Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Threads

News Alley

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

General Alley

Top Bottom