Quantcast

Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2

Will this video with Archie help their brand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanxi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
412,836 83,156 604
Alleybux
Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex head to Christmas Day church service in Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

37261410-9087835-Prince_Edward_and_his_wife_Sophie_and_children_James_Viscount_Se-a-34_1608924360760.jpg

Nemo365

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
17,691 95
Alleybux
So Roya Nikkah says from the briefings she received, neither the Sussex camp nor the Cambridges camp want to appear to be feuding with each other. But from where i stand, the Sussexes are the ones going out of their way to push a reconcilation PR.

In the words of Disney, the Sussexes need the Cambridge's more than the Cambridge's need the Sussexes.

The Sussexes know (even if they don't like it) long term they need to be seen as part of William's family because they are the future of the Monarchy.

No difference to the Cambridge's because their job just continues and they still have the popularity.

SAMARA1989

Harold’s Necklace.
Reaction score
Reactions
20,041 144 9
Alleybux
So Roya Nikkah says from the briefings she received, neither the Sussex camp nor the Cambridges camp want to appear to be feuding with each other. But from where i stand, the Sussexes are the ones going out of their way to push a reconcilation PR.

I agree at this point its more like they are begging to be notice by Cambridges at all cost

Meanwhile Cambridges are, take a hint please

giphy.gif

AuntJane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
338,415 1,321 104
Alleybux
Don't fall for it Cambridges! In fact I want them to start fighting back!

The Cambridges are totally gray rocking the Harkles. Case in point their remark on the miscarriage article. "No comment." Not a mention of private matters. Nothing.

The Harkles are trying to push the concept that both sides need to work it out. That there is work for William to do as well as Harry to repair the relationship.

Bollocks bollocks and more bollocks. Harry owns this. All his life he's tried to shove problems off on other people and the Cambridges are leaving this one with him. They own none of it.

And merry xmas to those who celebrate! Enjoying mine but it is virtual (not a bad experience) as far as friends and family are concerned.

SussexBunion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,575 3,155 98
Alleybux
Merry Christmas to the sisters of my heart!
May you be safe and warm in the knowledge that this horrible year is almost over and better things are awaiting us in this upcoming year.
Thank you all for making these last few months for me with your wit, humor and unceasing merriment. :emoji_clap:

Jummy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
59,917 1,043 58
Alleybux
It's from Sussexes sources that we knew that gifts were given. It's from Sussexes sources that we were told of Meg's calligraphy to the Cambridge kids.
It's from Scoobie and Katie Nicholl who are mouthpieces that we were told of Harry's concern when Will got COVID19.

Every reconcilation rumour has been from the Sussex camp, but somehow Roya Nikkah wants us to believe that efforts are being made from both sides. No ma'am. We aren't foolish. The Cambridges have long dumped the Sussexes and haven't looked back since. These RRs should give this narrative that both families NEED a reconcilation a rest. It's the Sussexes who are pushing this narrative because they need the RF more than the RF needs them. The Queen may have included only Philips pic on her table, but she gave the ultimate mic drop in her speech when stills of the Cambridges and their work dominated the speech.

The Cambridges are totally gray rocking the Harkles. Case in point their remark on the miscarriage article. "No comment." Not a mention of private matters. Nothing.

The Harkles are trying to push the concept that both sides need to work it out. That there is work for William to do as well as Harry to repair the relationship.

Bollocks bollocks and more bollocks. Harry owns this. All his life he's tried to shove problems off on other people and the Cambridges are leaving this one with him. They own none of it.

And merry xmas to those who celebrate! Enjoying mine but it is virtual (not a bad experience) as far as friends and family are concerned.

Jummy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
59,917 1,043 58
Alleybux
It's from Sussexes sources that we knew that gifts were given. It's from Sussexes sources that we were told of Meg's calligraphy to the Cambridge kids.
It's from Scoobie and Katie Nicholl who are mouthpieces that we were told of Harry's concern when Will got COVID19.

Every reconcilation rumour has been from the Sussex camp, but somehow Roya Nikkah wants us to believe that efforts are being made from both sides. No ma'am. We aren't foolish. The Cambridges have long dumped the Sussexes and haven't looked back since. These RRs should give this narrative that both families NEED a reconcilation a rest. It's the Sussexes who are pushing this narrative because they need the RF more than the RF needs them. The Queen may have included only Philips pic on her table, but she gave the ultimate mic drop in her speech when stills of the Cambridges and their work dominated the speech.

Jummy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
59,917 1,043 58
Alleybux

So much for being kind and spreading kindness through the world like their idol. They're vile.

New non-news piece:
'Still a lot to be done' as Harry and William begin to repair 'badly damaged' relationship
These two should coordinate their PR team better. Yesterday it was "eff the BRF, we'll have H's new dad and the missus in our Montecito Monstrosity for Christmas. Oh, wait, they're not picking up the phone? Nevermind, who needs those nasty Brits anyway?". Two days ago, they were really concerned about the gifts not reaching their destination. I guess, following that logic, tomorrow there will be more dissing along with a thorough description of M's nonexistent eco-friendly, vegan, homemade turkey and banana bread and how Archie picked what Christmas movie to watch since he already is an accomplished movie buff.

Queen shines light on Kate Middleton's hard work during pandemic in speech
Screenshot_20201225-220309.png

DweezelBee

68% BumbleBee
Reaction score
Reactions
128,755 3,582
Alleybux
The Queen may have included only Philips pic on her table, but she gave the ultimate mic drop in her speech when stills of the Cambridges and their work dominated the speech.

The Queen also had highlighted stills (twice!) of the amazing contribution of Capt Thomas Moore, the 100 year old man who raised over $34 million for NHS walking around his garden, inspiring more than a few young kids, some with disabilities, to do the same. The same generation Harry has dismissed as being ineffective in bringing about change.

BertineC

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
102,273 497 12
Alleybux
So much for being kind and spreading kindness through the world like their idol. They're vile.

New non-news piece:
'Still a lot to be done' as Harry and William begin to repair 'badly damaged' relationship
These two should coordinate their PR team better. Yesterday it was "eff the BRF, we'll have H's new dad and the missus in our Montecito Monstrosity for Christmas. Oh, wait, they're not picking up the phone? Nevermind, who needs those nasty Brits anyway?". Two days ago, they were really concerned about the gifts not reaching their destination. I guess, following that logic, tomorrow there will be more dissing along with a thorough description of M's nonexistent eco-friendly, vegan, homemade turkey and banana bread and how Archie picked what Christmas movie to watch since he already is an accomplished movie buff.

Is it just me or is the push-pull, "much missed members of the RF" vs "got new family now" bs cycle is moving faster lately?

Merry Christmas to all - and to another year of some spectacular hilarity, laughs, and ponderment! (yeah, I may have made up some of those words, but Im stuffed full of ham and too drunk to find a dictionary)

SarahLou67

Speaking my truth one post at a time
Reaction score
Reactions
122,125 1,680 8
Alleybux
I have only been posting on here for a short time but have lurked for a lot longer. Thanks for making me welcome and reading my posts. Your humour has given me many laugh out loud moments which would otherwise have been in short supply.

Brexit is nearly completed in the UK so let us hope that the New Year sees the completion of Megxit.

itaneasily

Checking out my tiara collection
Reaction score
Reactions
310,333 2,553 84
Alleybux
Merry Christmas to all my LSA friends from beautiful sunny and warmish S. Cal! For all in colder climes, hoping the spirit of the day warms you and brings light and happiness!

Lurker58

Grief is the price we pay for love
Reaction score
Reactions
119,211 1,420 4
Alleybux
I am a bit surprised by my own tired brain, but as I pulled my turkey out of the oven, I thought of all of you. I am no "accomplished" "gourmet" cook, just a mom who has been doing it for more Christmas dinners than it "behooves" me to admit, but my oven sadly needs cleaning and still looked better than "that" oven. And here is my non-accomplished, non-gourmet, standard ol' manually stuffed turkey for your viewing pleasure!

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays from the wilds of Canada!

turkey1.jpg

Mr. Turkey adds that neither his neck nor his bum were burnt either. His stuffing did finally pop right out of his orifice but still tastes fantastic. Must go back to dinner now :D

SpoiledRottenbaby

Mother Superior, Bene Gesserit Order
Reaction score
Reactions
141,426 6,696 164
Alleybux
Can we get a copy of this article please if it hasn't been posted yet:

2020 was the year the royal women ruled – but whose story gripped us the most?
@Waterfall

2020 was the year the royal women ruled – but whose story gripped us the most?

The royals have been at the forefront of the public consciousness this year, though not all have come out favourably...

ByShane Watson25 December 2020 • 6:00am
TELEMMGLPICT000247253575_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwe0noET8vIyrqdtDuIUkQ40.jpegimwidth=480

This Boxing Day, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will be alone at Windsor Castle, not, as every other year, with the extended family at Sandringham. Still, Sandringham is where we’ll be picturing them all today, log fires crackling, corgis dozing, champagne coupes filled to the brim.

Season four of the Netflix series The Crown may have done the monarchy few favours, but it managed to make the Queen’s annual Christmas house party look twinkly, fun and unexpectedly warm (Princess Diana was wearing a sleeveless dress in the closing minutes of the final episode; there aren’t many country houses in the UK where you could get away with that in December). And not a bar heater or Tupperware container in sight.

Whatever your view of Peter Morgan’s dramatisation of the Windsors’ recent history, it has undeniably shunted the Royal family into our everyday consciousness.

For so long, we’ve barely given them a thought, in between births and weddings and the occasional scandal, but this year we were intrigued as never before, and most of all by the royal women. This has been the year all the royal ladies ruled, and we couldn’t get enough of them, starting with:

Princess Anne
TELEMMGLPICT000246311609_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpegimwidth=480

The Queen's no-nonsense only daughter has become more popular thanks to her portrayal on The Crown CREDIT: Reuters
There’s been a kind of national consensus this year that the Princess Royal is the one we overlooked and underestimated; the royal whose guts, dry wit, general chutzpah and individual style were never really appreciated because of the time and her position in the pecking order.

Looking back at pictures of Anne on her wedding day, she is every bit as dazzling as Diana was, and that Zandra Rhodes dress makes Di’s look like a dowager’s shower curtain. The silk scarf tied around her hair with that baker boy cap planted on top was one signature look that we cannot believe didn’t catch on – and still might. Anne always had a reputation for being a bit of a tough matron who was only interested in horses, but this year (with a little help from The Crown), we’ve come around to the idea that she was, and is, quite a bit more than that.

Still scary, though. (In a poll of The Crown viewers, she’s up 15 per cent, popularity-wise.)

The Duchess of Cambridge
TELEMMGLPICT000246894646_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-ENWgDtJ141nMZEcdxZvJl_cyNJPukNhF8aaPgjKYYE.jpegimwidth=480

Lockdown has been the making of the Duchess Of Cambridge who has connected with supporters via Zoom CREDIT: Max Mumby/Indigo/ Getty Images Europe
Kate had a very good lockdown, being about as Zoom-friendly as a flesh-and-blood human can be, and she’s gone from strength to strength finding her voice in the cause of supporting young parents. People like the simplicity of her approach, from the “mum to mum” message, to her MOR appearance.

This year, more than 50 per cent of her clothes were high street, including M&S, and we can say with confidence (after the “bronde” highlights makeover) that she’s got the high-low, future-queen/approachable-young mother balance spot on. We’re not fascinated by Kate. But since the Fab Four break-up, and the Sussexes’ defection to Netflix, we’re more conscious of the burden she carries. Then again, who needed all that competition? We’re betting Kate wakes up every day now thinking, “thank God I’m not going to get hassled for not giving Her a lift to Whole Foods”. (Popularity rating not polled … we guess up 22 per cent.)

Princess Diana
TELEMMGLPICT000245887132_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqyJXDuqEUe4j3kc9VuqY3Ky7G2oFP2Ib3g11Hy5cNtN4.jpegimwidth=480

Diana-mania is reaching heights not seen since the Princess' heyday CREDIT: Tim Graham
In 2020, we went Emma Corrin mad. We went Di trivia crazy. That Martin Bashirinterview was back in the news and its impact was hashed over again. We learnt everything there was to know about bulimia and rooted out the best of the Di documentaries (namely Diana: In Her Own Words, a 2017 Netflix gem that has you on the edge of your seat, even though you thought you knew it all). Three years ago, we simply weren’t that interested. Now, we’re in the grip of Di mania the like of which hasn’t been seen since 1981.

Those clothes that are always threatening to make a comeback and never quite do – dungarees, jolly patterned jumpers, giant collars, pearl drop earrings – all turned up in women’s wardrobes and at every opportunity, however tenuous, a picture of Diana was splashed across the news. Nearly 40 years on, something of that early-1980s mood is back – the chintz, the cocktails, the disco soundtrack, the longing for old-fashioned dinner party fun. Honestly, we’re more interested now than we were the first time. (Up a whopping 30 per cent.)

Princess Margaret
TELEMMGLPICT000244416579_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqnovVTiJx1-CJOCPnC8SeZ7bZz3uglRwWamDyUxsJkNc.jpegimwidth=480

A reappraisal of Princess Margaret has been building for some time now CREDIT: Anwar Hussein/Getty Images
A newfound interest in Margaret, the glamorous if troubled princess, has been rumbling along for a few years, revitalised by Craig Brown’s Ma’am Darling in 2017 and Lady Glenconner’s 2019 autobiography. But on it goes, and now Helena Bonham Carterclaims to take inspiration from the rudest of the royals since playing her in The Crown.

At this point, Margaret’s image has shifted from overindulged monster to sad spare sister; we’re just happy to be along for the ride wherever it might lead next. (Popularity rating not polled: we guess 13 per cent up).

The Queen
TELEMMGLPICT000247253646_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqC_LLCXkS_z-CZqgOMP7Bey6NLFRCnp8jC6l5H1gpWZE.jpegimwidth=480

It's been a surreal year for the Head of State but the Queen has been undaunted CREDIT: Yui Mok/PA
Her Majesty steadied the buffs in April with her “we’ll meet again” broadcast (even the French turned on in their droves), and her solitary appearance in Westminster Abbey on Remembrance Sunday, almost hidden under her black hat and mask, made us all feel a surge of affection and concern. Now 94 years old, and no longer bolstered by the presence of Philip, this year the Queen has felt less remote, even though she’s been out of sight most of the time.

Somehow knowing she’s been locked away with all the other great-grannies, watching The Crown in her dressing gown with a tray supper and a heavy heart (“oh, poor Margaret Thatcher”) has made us feel extra warmly towards her. Now just a screenshot of her in spirit-uplifting clashing red and pink (“our brightest and best today, Angela, don’t you think?”) is a stabilising tonic. It just works. (Up 25 per cent, ahead of all the living royals. Naturally.)

The Duchess of Sussex
TELEMMGLPICT000245268004_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpegimwidth=480

The Duchess Of Sussex has met no small amount of criticism for her role in the split between the royals and the SussexesCREDIT: Adrian Dennis/AFP
Dear, oh dear. But we did sort of see it coming, albeit not quite so fast or with quite so many toe-curling moments. This year, we went even more off Meghan for many reasons, but mainly for turning Harry into The Little Book of Calm man.

Is this sexist woman-blaming? Is Harry not an adult male, capable of deciding whether or not it’s sensible to say things like “being in nature is the most healing part of life. I truly believe that’s one reason why it’s there”?

Well, no and no. That once ramrod back has an arm up it and those words are the words of Netflix’s own documentary maker, Meghan. She’s walked away from the greatest show on earth. (Not polled. Down… quite a bit).
nice Megs shade.

SpoiledRottenbaby

Mother Superior, Bene Gesserit Order
Reaction score
Reactions
141,426 6,696 164
Alleybux
Washington Post

After tough year, Queen Elizabeth delivers message of hope in Christmas speech

Europe

After tough year, Queen Elizabeth delivers message of hope in Christmas speech

By Jennifer Hassan
December 25 at 12:10 PM ET

Queen Elizabeth delivered her annual Christmas speech on Dec. 25, encouraging hope and unity during a holiday season challenged by coronavirus pandemic. (Reuters)

LONDON — In one of Queen Elizabeth II’s most memorable speeches, she referred to the year of 1992 as an “annus horribilis,” a Latin term for horrible year. During her televised Christmas broadcast last year, she described 2019 as “quite bumpy,” after a string of tumultuous events that shook Britain and the monarchy.

While the queen has not been shy to admit to bad years, her speeches to the nation often carry an overarching message of hope — no matter what.

Her 2020 Christmas address on Friday hewed to that tradition. She focused on acts of empathy and kindness that have brought people together in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.
“Let the light of Christmas, the spirit of selflessness, love and, above all, hope, guide us in the times ahead,” she said.

Her remarks marked the end of a particularly tumultuous year for the royal family.

From “Megxit,” to the allegations that have haunted Prince Andrew, to the coronavirus pandemic, here is a look back at some of the events that made 2020 a tough year for the British royals.

Harry and Meghan ‘step back’ as senior royals

The front pages of London's Sunday newspapers are displayed in London on Jan. 19. The papers carried the news that Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, will no longer use the titles “royal highness” or receive public funds for their work under a deal that allows them to step aside as senior royals. (Frank Augstein/AP)

The year began with an announcement from Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, that they would step back from their roles as senior royals and wanted to become financially independent.

The couple, who have battled for privacy and accused Britain’s tabloids of relentless bullying, said they would seek to split their time between Britain and North America with their young son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.

Their statement surprised the queen, who was not made aware of their decision ahead of time, according to reports in the British media.

The pair have since retained the Sussex title that was bestowed by the queen after they married in 2018 but are no longer referred to under the HRH title as “royal highnesses.”

Despite setting up home first in Canada and then in Los Angeles, the family failed to obtain the privacy they so desired, with the Daily Mail publishing their location both times — leading to claims of “harassment and intimidation” in a lawsuit filed against paparazzi in July.
In November,

Meghan wrote a piece for the New York Times in which she revealed she had a miscarriage in July and spoke of the “almost unbearable grief” that comes with losing a child. “I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second,” she wrote as she urged people to show compassion in a world that has been uprooted by political divides, mass protests and a deadly health crisis.

The royals and the pandemic

An image of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and quotes from her television broadcast commenting on the coronavirus pandemic are displayed on a big screen behind the Eros statue at Piccadilly Circus in London on April 9. (Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP)

With the coronavirus pandemic ravaging the United Kingdom and claiming nearly 70,000 lives in Britain this year, news of heir to the throne Prince Charles’s covid-19 diagnosis in March led many to wonder when he had last come into contact with the queen — who was 93 at the time her eldest son tested positive.

Clarence House, the prince’s office and residence, confirmed that the then-71-year-old prince and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, who tested negative, were both isolating separately in Scotland as Buckingham Palace assured the public that the queen was in “good health” and would be isolating at Windsor Castle with her husband, Prince Philip.
[Prince Charles, heir to the throne, has tested positive for coronavirus]

An estimated 24 million people watched the queen’s four-minute televised speech in April amid a nationwide lockdown that confined some 60 million Britons to their homes in a bid to combat the spread of infection.

“We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return,” she vowed. “We will be with our friends again, we will be with our families again, we will meet again.”

On April 5, Queen Elizabeth II thanked NHS workers and urged the public to remember that "better days will return" during an address on the coronavirus crisis. (Reuters)

The family earned praise for such messages.
“They have communicated, mostly virtually, extremely well. This has shown the purpose of the institution as little else could,” royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams told The Washington Post. “They have been symbols of national unity above party politics.”

In November, British media revealed that Prince William had also tested positive for the infection back in April — around the same time as his father. The Sun newspaper reported that the 38-year-old was left “struggling to breathe,” but did not “want to alarm the nation” by making his diagnosis public.

The royals did not always follow the rules.

Twice this month, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, also known as Prince William and his wife, Catherine, have been accused of breaking the country’s coronavirus restrictions, first when they embarked on their train tour of the United Kingdom to thank health workers amid a travel ban between England and Scotland, and again weeks later when they were photographed with a group of nine people. The rule in their area of Norfolk in England was that no more than six people could meet outdoors.

The backlash to Netflix’s hit series ‘The Crown’

A billboard advertises the newest season of Netflix’s hit series “The Crown,” which follow the lives of Queen Elizabeth II and the British royal family, on Nov. 20 in London. (Matt Dunham/AP)

While the fourth season of “The Crown,” which was released in November, proved a hit with Netflix viewers, the drama was less popular with the British government and royal experts who called for the streaming giant to add a disclaimer to the series stating that it was a fictional drama.

Netflix refused to add a disclaimer, saying there was “no need.”
“We have always presented The Crown as a drama — and we have every confidence our members understand it’s a work of fiction that’s broadly based on historical events,” Netflix said in a December statement.

Fitzwilliams called the new series a “serious low” for the monarchy, and said the series contained “numerous untruths” and portrayed the royals as “cold, uncaring and ill-mannered.”
[Netflix refuses to add disclaimer to ‘The Crown,’ despite pressure from the British government]

“I find Americans tell me they have watched ‘The Crown’ as if they have taken a history lesson. Well, they haven’t,” Earl Charles Spencer, brother of the late Princess Diana, told ITV in November.

Prince Andrew’s ties to old friend Jeffrey Epstein won’t be forgotten

Prince Andrew arrives at ASEAN Business and Investment Summit in Nonthaburi, Thailand, on Nov. 3, 2019. (Sakchai Lalit/AP)

After a “car crash” interview with the BBC late last year in which Prince Andrew, 60, sought to explain his friendship with convicted xes offender and American financier Jeffrey Epstein, the prince has struggled to clear his name after allegations from Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who says she was “trafficked” by Epstein as a teenager and forced into xesual encounters with the prince.

Despite quitting his public duties and keeping an incredibly low profile this year, questions regarding his history of socializing with Epstein, who reportedly took his own life in a jail cell last year, continue to haunt the prince despite his public denial of any involvement in the xes abuse investigation.
[In Epstein investigation, Prince Andrew has provided ‘zero cooperation’ to U.S. law enforcement, prosecutor says]
“I can absolutely, categorically tell you it never happened,” Andrew told Emily Maitlis, in a tense sit-down with the journalist that was described as “nuclear explosion-level bad” by those watching. “I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever,” he said.

Prosecutors and FBI officials revealed earlier this year that the prince had provided “zero cooperation” with the widely scrutinized case.

With the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, Esptein’s former associate, set to take place next year, royal commentator Fitzwilliams said he sees “no way” that the prince can “foreseeably resume royal duties” as there may be “more embarrassing accusations and revelations” to come in 2021.
[Ghislaine Maxwell, longtime associate of Jeffrey Epstein, charged in xes abuse case]

“We would welcome Prince Andrew coming in to talk to us,” Audrey Strauss, acting U.S. attorney for New York’s Southern District, said in July.

This report has been updated.

Read more:

Duchess Meghan: ‘Not many people have asked if I’m okay’

Prince Harry and Meghan sue tabloid for publishing a private letter

Baby Archie! Britain’s Prince Harry and

SAMARA1989

Harold’s Necklace.
Reaction score
Reactions
20,041 144 9
Alleybux
We’re betting Kate wakes up every day now thinking, “thank God I’m not going to get hassled for not giving Her a lift to Whole Foods”.

And.....

Meghan. She’s walked away from the greatest show on earth.

Oh boy Oh boy, oh boy, gruesome twosome

giphy.gif

itaneasily

Checking out my tiara collection
Reaction score
Reactions
310,333 2,553 84
Alleybux
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry slammed for using Archie as 'cartoon' in 'ridiculous' Christmas card

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry released their official Christmas card for 2020 on Wednesday.

The Duke and Duchess have since then received flak for trying to hide their son Archie, in 'ridiculous' photoshop job on the card.

Many social media users expressed their displeasure over the cartoon version of Archie, and slammed his parents for not using a real photograph of him.

One user wrote, “Why are they hiding their child? Something isn't right." While another user posted: “They’re still hiding Archie.....”

A third user commented, “A photoshopped cartoon??? Really! Clever way of hiding Archie.”

Another one blasted, “It’s nothing more than a ridiculous cartoon image! Why are they hiding out Archie?

“This child needs social interaction with other children and get outside of 'his bubble' in order to lead a normal life! What about his future mental well being - good grief!” they added.

Jummy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
59,917 1,043 58
Alleybux
CNN is being dragged for this tweet. People are saying George Floyd's murder should not be called a cultural moment as if it's entertainment. And they are also questioning what Meghan and Harry are doing on the list and wondering how Megxit can be described as a 'cultural moment'. CNN even included The Crown's portrayal of Diana as a 'cultural moment'. They definitely got paid by Netflix and Meghan's PR, cos that's the only explanation.
Screenshot_20201226-025848.png
Screenshot_20201226-025848.png

Naomika

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,935 29 48
Alleybux
That's a nice picture of Thomas Markle. I feel like writing him a note saying I'm so sorry his daughter has rejected him. If we all write him notes it will get in People Magazine and force Meghan to grovel at his feet for forgiveness.

Tyrrell

Boo fµck!ng hoo
Reaction score
Reactions
7,415 53 28
Alleybux
I feel so sad for this man.

He obviously was a loving father to her and tried to work his best with Doria to provide a stable divorced family for Peg and was loved when he gave money and connections, being pictured as the perfect father on The Twat.

Then, because he doesn't have a glamorised media appearance and is more of an average Joe he is cut completely, defamated and left out.

Thank heavens Peg is not an only child for him, I hope his other children made his Christmas happier.

And Princess Sunshine can try to erase him all the ways she wants but she is a copy of her dad and Arkie is strongly resembling her. Can't ghost the DNA.

HighPriestess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,672 6,259 8,889
Alleybux
I am a bit surprised by my own tired brain, but as I pulled my turkey out of the oven, I thought of all of you. I am no "accomplished" "gourmet" cook, just a mom who has been doing it for more Christmas dinners than it "behooves" me to admit, but my oven sadly needs cleaning and still looked better than "that" oven. And here is my non-accomplished, non-gourmet, standard ol' manually stuffed turkey for your viewing pleasure!

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays from the wilds of Canada!

View attachment 2181081

Mr. Turkey adds that neither his neck nor his bum were burnt either. His stuffing did finally pop right out of his orifice but still tastes fantastic. Must go back to dinner now :D
hi! question. did you use ANY seasoning? I don't eat meat anymore and am well versed in the kitchen. I've just never seen a turkey or stuffing look like that? it's interesting

Lurker58

Grief is the price we pay for love
Reaction score
Reactions
119,211 1,420 4
Alleybux
That's a nice picture of Thomas Markle. I feel like writing him a note saying I'm so sorry his daughter has rejected him. If we all write him notes it will get in People Magazine and force Meghan to grovel at his feet for forgiveness.
Not sure it would get in People, but that is actually not a bad idea. How awful it must be to be vilified by your child and, when trying to fight back, you are made the "bad guy" again. Poor man.

SAMARA1989

Harold’s Necklace.
Reaction score
Reactions
20,041 144 9
Alleybux
Princess Peg is some piece of work. Still cant believe for some innocuous pap pictures that he needed to be ghosted, humiliated and defamed in front of the whole world.

Lamington

As ever, chocolate sponge cake.
Reaction score
Reactions
13,288 171 6
Alleybux

SideEyeSusan

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,620 24
Alleybux
First, Merry Christmas to all and thank you for being my internet besties!

Second, building off the brilliant idea of next years’s Christmas card featuring the Sussex Family as Lego characters I have been thinking of other options on continuing to obscure Archies actual face and size from the world. Chime in with whatever I miss.

Claymation figures
Carved marionettes
Quilted textile art
Woven tapestry art
Stained glass depiction
Carved dried apple heads
?????

AlienLover

you can't trust a big butt and a smile
Reaction score
Reactions
45,161 350 10
Alleybux
CNN is being dragged for this tweet. People are saying George Floyd's murder should not be called a cultural moment as if it's entertainment. And they are also questioning what Meghan and Harry are doing on the list and wondering how Megxit can be described as a 'cultural moment'. CNN even included The Crown's portrayal of Diana as a 'cultural moment'. They definitely got paid by Netflix and Meghan's PR, cos that's the only explanation. View attachment 2181398
It makes no sense for American news to have two references to UK royalty. Agree there was a deal made and the Harkles are trying desperately to make us think of them when we see Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom