Toni Childs

The Pretty One
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
56,590 15 11
Alleybux
melyssa-ford-jadore-cover.jpg

J’Adore Magazine is slated to drop a triple cover for their 2-year anniversary featuring model Iman, Melyssa Ford and a shared cover with models Esther Baxter & Gloria Velez. During Melyssa Ford’s cover story, she talks about misconceptions and why she considers herself a steel magnolia:

“There are so many women who can’t stand me. They think that I’m the lowest common denominator of what a woman could stand for: a woman who uses her body to gain popularity and is nothing more than that. At the other end of the spectrum, I also come across girls who thought I was the epitome of perfection and wanted to do what I did.” Addressing misconceptions, she adds, “When I come across the opportunity to talk, people are kind of surprised that I have some degree of intelligence.”

I was making my way through this male-dominated business with my partner and manager, Daniella Cobb, and we would be in meetings where we would wrap up a meeting with whomever, and the ensuing question would be, ‘So when are we going to f*ck?’ It was frustrating; my reaction was like, ‘Were you present in this meeting!? Do you understand that that’s not why we’re here?!’ Women have to walk a fine line in this business. You’ve got to act like steel magnolias. You’ve got to be firm and ladylike, and know exactly what you want in order to make it in this business and what you’re talking about. As a woman, you have to take what you want by force, but analyze how that force has to be used.”

havelock

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
133,437 4,137 2,794
Alleybux
How many years in the game and she is still posing half naked.
I mean Kanye got Amber a modeling contract after a few months.

Wouldn't Get Far Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Game Review The Song (7)Print the Lyrics

[Intro: samples from "I'd Find You Anywhere"]
For you baby, I'd find you [4X]
You wouldn't get far

[The Game]
I done been around the world, been around the block
Been around hoes that fµcked Biggie and 'Pac
Like Vida Guerrera, ass took her to the top
She'll give you some brains you let her throw up the Roc
Let her put on your chain, she'll throw you some cock
Picture that like Meagan Good and Jamie Foxx
Hype said it's a wrap, she still on the set
Putting oil on her likes like she Gloria Velez
She was (Eye Candy) in the XXL
Hopped off the page and on a skateboard with Pharrell
I knew she {"wouldn't get far"} cause five hundred dollars
can't get you that {"far"} how you get that {"far"}
And all these new video b!tches trying to be Melissa Ford
But they don't know Melissa Ford drive a Honda Accord
She a video vixen, but behind closed doors
She do whatever it take to get to the Grammy Awards
Ha ha

Who?Me?

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
355,693 5,408 641
Alleybux
laughable...
There are so many women who can’t stand me
because a woman would hold herself to a much higher esteem

I also come across girls who thought I was the epitome of perfection and wanted to do what I did
that's because they are girls and don't know any better, but when they become women they will see Miss Ford in the same light as others...

Stinkerbell

Miss NFL 2006
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
11,843 8 4
Alleybux
Wow, I ain't never ended a meeting that ended with a man asking me when we were going to fµck. In all seriousness, if you carry yourself a certain way, men know how to treat you. That's not to say that the primest and proper of women won't get talked to a certain kind of way. However, in a business setting, it's just strange.

NY_Mami

Not Desus DAMMIT!
Reaction score
Reactions
465,427 8,909 2,622
Alleybux
I know this b!tch aint say she has a degree of intellect..... b!tch PLEASE..... If you did...... you would realize that you and the rest of the Video Ho cattle are COMPLETELY irrelevant to Hip-Hop...... and contribute to the DOWNFALL of what was a great culture...... this is why you will never be taken seriously by any of the males in the business..... Do you honestly think that someone like Chuck D or anyone else in Hip-Hop.... will look to some loose coochie who fucks a for a Honda person like you as an equal?????........ NO..... just another Black Girl Lost........ when it comes to respected females in Hip-Hop...... you are not the first person to come to mind...... and if you were REALLY makin' your way through the Industry...... you would be gettin' recognized outside of defunct ass KING magazine...... and you would be ownin' somethin' now..... instead of bein' the President and CEO of the Video Ho Cattle holdin' "Unions" where y'all dumb b!tches complain about not gettin' residuals......

You wanna know why women like ME go to school?????....... so we don't end up bein' HOES like you.......

GTFOHWTBS Melyssa Ford!!!!!......

Who?Me?

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
355,693 5,408 641
Alleybux
and this is the same woman that sits on these hip-hop forums talking the same mess over and over about wanting to be taken seriously, do other things with her life and not wanting to be 'just a video or magazine ass shot model' yet, she continues to do the same thing....

B.B. Homemaker

You Know You Love Me.
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
45,424 283 341
Alleybux
Y'all are too quick to come in here and judging this girl and what not. That's her hustle. If you don't respect it, you don't respect it. I'm sure some of you may have a worse track record than Melyssa. Sounds like hate to me... but that's just my opinion.

poet912

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,631 8 7
Alleybux
Y'all are too quick to come in here and judging this girl and what not. That's her hustle. If you don't respect it, you don't respect it. I'm sure some of you may have a worse track record than Melyssa. Sounds like hate to me... but that's just my opinion.

Come on now. Like another poster said, she has been on several panels in which she says she deserves respect (which she does I agree because she is a human being) and that she has aspirations higher than being a video "model". OK cool...but if you are trying to go places why is your default being in skanky magazines in tiny clothing with the ever present @$$ shot? I see this as being no different than Hoopz or Deelishus who both claimed to be ladies (yet they have a%% shots in the same type of mags as Melyssa Ford).

Dark Rose

<span style="display: inline-block; filter:progid:
Reaction score
Reactions
110,980 53 47
Alleybux
She sounded a tad bit concieted there.Well if Kim K and nem can get recognition for doing nothing then why can't she? Lol! But on the real I think she's a fly chick, get it how she can. But she has to realize women are going to be women. Women it's in our blood to hate lol! Sometimes we hate for no logical reason just to hate **shrugs** But when asct snobby and full of yourself people are going to say something and it's neccessary for them to in my opinion. But she's a pretty girl so...yeah whatever to irrelevancy lol.

Dark Rose

<span style="display: inline-block; filter:progid:
Reaction score
Reactions
110,980 53 47
Alleybux
Come on now. Like another poster said, she has been on several panels in which she says she deserves respect (which she does I agree because she is a human being) and that she has aspirations higher than being a video "model". OK cool...but if you are trying to go places why is your default being in skanky magazines in tiny clothing with the ever present @$$ shot? I see this as being no different than Hoopz or Deelishus who both claimed to be ladies (yet they have a%% shots in the same type of mags as Melyssa Ford).

But what's the difference between her, and any other model or celeb posing on a mag for their looks? There's more to life than just being fly everyday but some women seem to make that their hobby **shrugs** In my opinion you can't knock one for doing something others are getting praised for. it's just that hers is a different image to it, but still the same thing. I don't knock her for doing what she does. It's just the way she acts and carries her attitude which is sometimes snobby and I can't stand diva wannabes.

realtalkmusic

<span style="font-family: realtalkmusic;color: Vot
Reaction score
Reactions
161,052 9,001 3,579
Alleybux
I'm not going to knock her for making her money. But like everyone said why are you doing the same thing to be more and more in videos and cheap magazines. No I'm not in magazines or in videos like her but if had to choose to be some one assistant or a video model I would pick assistant lol but I wouldn't pick none.

My point is these video girls don't get taken seriously, movie directors just looked at them as a video model their typed class. Only one person made it thats Lauren London even when she got put on she messed it up. I thought she was going to be the next Megan good but she goes sleeps with Lil Wayne but hey at least she set with child support checks lol.

What movie has she been on thats not low budget or she some sexy vixen. I'm not saying she not trying but she needs to try a little harder. If she pursued her career as a actress she would be called to be in magazine like Maxim and other high class magazine for men, But instead I bet her agent/pimp probably begs them to put her in Black men magazine and show magazine. This sh!t only last so long hopefully she has a back up plan.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv9qkeXRQlI"]YouTube - Drake - Video Girl[/ame]

High Society

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,433 2 1
Alleybux
They went from IMAN to video hoes? What???

That's what I'm trying to understand but I can't. They couldn't add Tyra, Naomi, Liya or Jessica White along with Iman instead?

Melyssa Ford = same sh!t different day you STILL didn't get far. Luv your body though..

NY_Mami

Not Desus DAMMIT!
Reaction score
Reactions
465,427 8,909 2,622
Alleybux

Oh PUH-LEAZE............ Kill the DRAMUH!!!!!!!....... A hustle is makin' somethin' outta nothin'...... she's simply makin' nothin' outta ho-in'......... Best believe Kelis will get further in her divorce than Melyssa Ford has gotten in her entire "career"..........

prisycat

Only The Real
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
11,148 117 8
Alleybux
Isn't there a saying

"Crazy is doing the same thing and expecting different results!"

Coco_tea

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
293 1
Alleybux
I respect her. Sure she had fun in her younger days but it's clear that she's at a very different place today. I can't knock anyone who progresses in life. Even if it's baby steps.