Quantcast

Men are more open to dating plus-sized women than women are to plus-sized men.

LustNLuxury

Afro-American Princess <3
Reaction score
Reactions
497,711 11,252 1,829
Alleybux
Lol please.
I wish this was true cause men truly need to be knocked down a few pegs.

The amount of plus size women that have said men will smash in the dark but never take them out proves this is false. So many plus size women have even said they feel invisible because they are bigger.

A lot of women like big men and gas their fat ass heads up all the time. Especially if the big dude is fresh. I mean, every winter Big dudes love shouting out how it’s “big ninja season”. Lol.

Remmy45

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,778 5,704 6,749
Alleybux
So I can't front. I totally thought that you were speaking in hyperbole, but you're 100% correct. 70% of Americans are overweight, with a whopping 40% being obese. My jaw literally dropped...
Nope, people in America really are this big. This is why I'm shocked why else acts as if most are skinny or fit. I believe black women are losing weight while everyone else except Asian and black men are rising. So arguing about looks make no sense since everyone is fat

Remmy45

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,778 5,704 6,749
Alleybux
Because they're poor. The Turkish lira is dropping value. They do not have time to indulge like we do here but if they were to they'd also be fat as hell
Lol this is not true, junk food is cheap compared to healthy food. Even countries like Kuwait suffers from obesity some much because of the American influence

saidsum

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,718 197 144
Alleybux
Men are likely to use plus size women for xes if that’s what you mean by date

Remmy45

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,778 5,704 6,749
Alleybux
Not that this matters to the subject at hand but "boo'd up" could mean (and often does mean) the woman is paying all the bills, letting her "man" drive around in her car, filling out work applications for him.

Boo'd up does not mean married.
Boo'd up doesn't even mean in a stable, genuine, 50/50 relationship.

I think the overall take away from this discussion is that there are a lot of fat, out-of-shape people in America and many people with few options just have to take what they can get.

I don't like that the only time a big thread on obesity and overweight-ness gets attention is in regards to "dating". Black people have all sorts of health ailments due to poor diet and lack of exercise! Yet, people are more concerned with how it affects "dating"... let's not get started on the fact that this "dating" is rarely ending in stable marriage.
Most marriages are not stable and accordingly few women benefit. Most women contribute to the household and most are probably doing more than their male counterparts.

SlootMadonna

Crackhead ho
Reaction score
Reactions
39,187 2,306 1,489
Alleybux
That's probably true. I know this yt overweight guy, good looking for an overweight guy, asked out this yt overweight girl and she cut him up like she was the best thing going. She made it known she was interested in skinny guys too and humiliated him.

kbab

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,480 217 115
Alleybux
Speak for yourself a fluffy man who can cook is *cheff's kiss* and I'm average to skinny to most.

Remmy45

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,778 5,704 6,749
Alleybux
I think the confusion is that the OP used the term "plus-sized" which just describes someone's clothing size. Like there are people who are overweight but not "plus-sized" Plus sizes start at like size 14-16 straight sizes usually go up to size 12-14. So I don't know what kind of "fat" OP is talking about. You could be 5'3" 35lbs overweight and only a size 8.

I wanna know the breakdown of those numbers. So by overweight do they simply mean a pound over the BMI range? Is the data collected from medical records? Because I wonder how overweight you have to be to then be counted in the overweight stats. Just a pound? 5lbs? 10lbs? that may be technically "overweight" but it may not be noticeable unless we are looking at your medical chart. Like, what percentage of people in the "overweight" category of those statistics would look overweight to the average person?
Most Americans do not even remember what average weight is

FemNoire

PerpetuallyBlooming
Reaction score
Reactions
97,319 4,074 1,349
Alleybux
Nope, people in America really are this big. This is why I'm shocked why else acts as if most are skinny or fit. I believe black women are losing weight while everyone else except Asian and black men are rising. So arguing about looks make no sense since everyone is fat
Do you have any stats on this, or just going by observations? I hope this is true.

TruthSpoken

I’m honest and they hate it.
Reaction score
Reactions
254,288 12,048 12,890
Alleybux
Woman are way more shallow than men but fat women usually have harder time dating than fat men.

Remmy45

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,778 5,704 6,749
Alleybux
Do you have any stats on this, or just going by observations? I hope this is true.
Someone mentioned it in this thread, but I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I found they have harder time losing weight then white women though

TuQueen

Aw you mad? Well there’s no remedy for that bishes
Reaction score
Reactions
153,681 7,426 1,117
Alleybux
That is actually not true. Where do you think the saying that women do not care for looks like men do comes from?

What I do not like about plus size men(and i say this as a plus size woman) is that they wont date plus size women. And they are always the loudest with it too.

The plus size men i dated were the most critical of my body.
I can believe this. Most big women I know are with small/skinny guys. I do see some plus size couples too.

FemNoire

PerpetuallyBlooming
Reaction score
Reactions
97,319 4,074 1,349
Alleybux
Someone mentioned it in this thread, but I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I found they have harder time losing weight then white women though
Yeah I just read that too. Apparently while following the same diet as white women BW lost less weight (8lbs) than white women. It’s due to us having slower metabolisms and genetically our bodies don’t do well with the western European diets. Although when they compared BM and WM they both equally lost weight.

Black women have higher levels of estrogen and so I believe that is a contributing factor in our weight.

They said even when Asians are on the western diet they can be at risk for diabetes at a lower BMI than white ppl.

lavvendor

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,329 309 238
Alleybux
Women carry weight better than men because of biological differences in body structures. Most women can be overweight while still looking good and curvy because our bodies were meant to carry extra weight after childbirth. (This does not mean it is necessarily healthy or what's best for our bodies.)

This isn't the case with men, who originally spent most of their day hunting, leading to more muscle development thus making it so that whenever they gain weight, you can see it.

MrMason

Controversial Member
Reaction score
Reactions
11,256 1,382 3,078
Alleybux
Did you really write unironically that women have more standards than men?

Not saying that to be mean, but I'm shocked you didn't already know that

Thistles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,551 379 64
Alleybux
I wonder who these women were picturing when asked this.

Women get put in the plus size category at a much smaller size than men do. Overweight men usually get a pass until they’re over 300 lbs (unless super short). A woman at the same height would get classified as heavy before they even hit 200. (I’m not talking about muscles, etc. being different - I’m talking straight fat)

There’s a reason you don’t see King of Queens with the roles reversed. There’s a reason why commercials have the average looking, balding dad with a tummy - but the mom is a size 2 hottie who’d look fire without the mom hair and wardrobe they slap on her.

Reaction score
Reactions
7,567 116 40
Alleybux
Because they're poor. The Turkish lira is dropping value. They do not have time to indulge like we do here but if they were to they'd also be fat as hell
I see you’re at it again.

There are plenty of first world countries that live in similar conditions as us that don’t have high rates of obesity. Our high rates are due to lack of education regarding nutrition, food addiction, fast food (other countries can purchase cheap homemade food, fast food is also seen as a treat) and in some instances, food insecurity.

I’m really tired of you all spreading the narrative that people are just born fat and stay that way for life. There are people that have medical issues but medical issues don’t cause you to gain 50-100 lbs except in extreme cases. Even in cases of hypothyroidism, women only gain 5-10 lbs unless their case is severe.

Food addiction is real. American food is pumped full of chemicals meant to make you want more. Lack of education on nutrition is also extremely real.

The sizes that people have gotten to in the last 50 years are NOT normal. It is an example of how tragic the obesity crisis is in the U.S.

The body positivity and haes movement started off as a way to encourage people to love their bodies. Disabilities, fatness, scars and all. Loving yourself makes you take of your mental health, eat right, and exercise. It wlsoIt has now morphed into “doctors have no idea what they’re talking about!”

and it is really sad. They now accuse anyone of stating simple facts as being fatphobic.

The fact 70% of our country is overweight is not normal. You can be happy with your size but when you run into threads trying to justify obesity you just sound crazy

Reaction score
Reactions
7,567 116 40
Alleybux
Anyway. Men are allowed to be fat In societies eyes but women also have standards. I’ve seen plenty of women with out of shape men and “dad bods” are a thing these days.

There are a lot more shallow men out there that would discriminate against a woman’s size than women would.

also most ppl in the U.S are overweight. Plenty still have partners so I really don’t think it’s that big of an issue

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,549 33,084 27,393
Alleybux

There are plenty of first world countries that live in similar conditions as us that don’t have high rates of obesity. Our high rates are due to lack of education regarding nutrition, food addiction, fast food (other countries can purchase cheap homemade food, fast food is also seen as a treat) and in some instances, food insecurity.

I’m really tired of you all spreading the narrative that people are just born fat and stay that way for life. There are people that have medical issues but medical issues don’t cause you to gain 50-100 lbs except in extreme cases. Even in cases of hypothyroidism, women only gain 5-10 lbs unless their case is severe.

Food addiction is real. American food is pumped full of chemicals meant to make you want more. Lack of education on nutrition is also extremely real.

The sizes that people have gotten to in the last 50 years are NOT normal. It is an example of how tragic the obesity crisis is in the U.S.

The body positivity and haes movement started off as a way to encourage people to love their bodies. Disabilities, fatness, scars and all. Loving yourself makes you take of your mental health, eat right, and exercise. It wlsoIt has now morphed into “doctors have no idea what they’re talking about!”

and it is really sad. They now accuse anyone of stating simple facts as being fatphobic.

The fact 70% of our country is overweight is not normal. You can be happy with your size but when you run into threads trying to justify obesity you just sound crazy
Chile bye. Save your essay for a b!tch who wants to read it

Reaction score
Reactions
7,567 116 40
Alleybux
This is why I don’t understand why this is a question. Most people are big AND still dating.

Lol this is not true, junk food is cheap compared to healthy food. Even countries like Kuwait suffers from obesity some much because of the American influence
Actually facts. A lot of countries that have had an influx of American fast food skyrocket in weight. I watched a documentary the other day on how it happened in Kuwait.

The main reason it’s not like that in places like China, Japan, and South Korea is because they can go to the 7/11 or the grandma down the street and get a healthy meal for cheaper or the same cost as McDonald’s. Going to McDonald’s is only seen as a treat or something high schoolers do with friends. Here in the U.S we don’t have a huge cooking culture unless it’s holidays. Even then our cuisine is really calorie dense. I know so many people that eat fast food everyday, myself included.

melaninmuse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,030 7,345 271
Alleybux
That is actually not true. Where do you think the saying that women do not care for looks like men do comes from?

What I do not like about plus size men(and i say this as a plus size woman) is that they wont date plus size women. And they are always the loudest with it too.

The plus size men i dated were the most critical of my body.

that part.

women also compartmentalize more than men do. Studies have shown this repeatedly. Basically, a woman will add points for wealth and stability, subtract for a man being out of shape, and so on. whereas men are more likely to prioritize a womens looks, period.

Either way, men who are unattractive (or just overweight) are treated as valuable regardless of their looks in American culture and media, women are not. There are tropes of attractive women with the fat/homely husband playing out all over sitcoms. Not to mention, male politicians are allowed to be morbidly obese, but female politiifcans are picked apart for their looks...
there's a reason male incels feel entitled to beautiful women...

I live in NYC and most people I see are pretty fit/thin, but there's definitely more pressure on women than men. I don't see my male classmates or coworkers clamoring to get to Barry's or whatever at 6 am in the same way.

Last edited:

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,828 447 181
Alleybux
That's because we've come up with all these cute names to coddle the feelings of (mostly) fat women. Curvy, plus-sized, big-boned, full-figured - almost anything but the terms 'fat' or 'overweight' are acceptable.
There’s a lot of terms that “coddle” the feelings of Fat men as well. The terms you listed are just considered “feminine”. So Ofc they’ll be used on women and not men. You usually won’t hear “curvy” used on a man on any size, it’d probably be taken as shade.

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,828 447 181
Alleybux
I think a lot of people(Black people, especially) experience yo-yo weight. I’ve been around enough Black people to notice this. And I’m also one of those people.

monsoonwinds

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,517 4,679 2,658
Alleybux
Oh please! Every week a new study comes out claiming women prefer plus size dad bod men and were the discriminatory ones? If anything women need to raise their standards because I don’t want to deal with a man who can’t see his peen without raising his belly

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,828 447 181
Alleybux

I don’t understand why you people don’t protest at local health centers, factories, or grocery stores or something instead of being bad at the poor fat American citizens. I mean you literally just said Americans food get pumped with all kind of sh!t that makes us fat. We clearly don’t have much else to eat. What’re we going to eat? Food from France?

greenluxi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,017 2,536 1,372
Alleybux
Girl I just wanted more information about how those stats were created and what the OP meant by plus-sized. I didn't mean to get in the way of whatever point you're trying to prove. Maybe you quoted the wrong person?

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,549 33,084 27,393
Alleybux
that part.

women also compartmentalize more than men do. Studies have shown this repeatedly. Basically, a woman will add points for wealth and stability, subtract for a man being out of shape, and so on. whereas men are more likely to prioritize a womens looks, period.

Either way, men who are unattractive (or just overweight) are treated as valuable regardless of their looks in American culture and media, women are not. There are tropes of attractive women with the fat/homely husband playing out all over sitcoms. Not to mention, male politicians are allowed to be morbidly obese, but female politiifcans are picked apart for their looks...
there's a reason male incels feel entitled to beautiful women...

I live in NYC and most people I see are pretty fit/thin, but there's definitely more pressure on women than men. I don't see my male classmates or coworkers clamoring to get to Barry's or whatever at 6 am in the same way.
Biggie Smalls didn't get as near as much flack as Lizzo.

easybreezy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,684 2,160 1,655
Alleybux
I don't mind a few extra pounds but if your hips don't lie, and/or you got big ole titties like me, I can't rock witchu. If you sweat profusely, we can't be. If I gotta lift up your fupa to do what it do, I can't rock witchu. If you have knocked knees, I can't rock witchu. If you breathe heavily, I can't rock witchu. I am slender so I am not gonna feel bad about not wanting a man with a 40+ waist. You've got to take a little more interest in your health than that.

wiseheaux

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,611 46 14
Alleybux
I'm really not that shallow to choose my partner based on his body. I date millionaires of all shapes and sizes :)

Missmatchedshoes88

الحُرِّية_لِفلسطين Call it what it is:GENOCIDE
Reaction score
Reactions
112,711 3,455 1,206
Alleybux
Spinoff to my (thread) I made on women and bi men.
From watching the reactions of women in that thread, it seems that we have more xesual and dating standards than men have. Men will be okay with dating a bi man than a women. And I heard bisexual do not wanna mess around with them either. Chile. The discussion reminded me of the attraction of fat people.

Plus sized women have been celebrated in the media recently, but what about their male counterparts? I cannot think of a fat male love interest that has a female fanbase. But their female counterpart can be love interests and have a decent male fanbase. I know that skinnier people are preferred but I am just stating what I see.
Lets compare Ashley Graham to James Corden.

And when I say men, I mean all men, not just the fit guys who are over six feet with jawlines. Overweight men, nerdy men, short men, men with short cocks, etc. Y'all standards are too high, enforcing toxic masculinity just like the men.

Fat women probably have more options in dating than fat men, let's be real
View attachment 2456908

This article also inspired the thread.
Edit: I knew I was gonna get disagrees and fonts were gonna be mad. This site is predominantly women with high ass standards and no common sense. I am not saying women have to be attracted to fat men but if you want to date or marry somebody who will provide for you, some standards have to be compromised and set back. Look at Peter Griffin and Lois. I also know men in general do not like fat women but women in general do not like fat men either. i am just comparing those ideas.
Wrong! I love chunky men !!!

VerySpoiled

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,548 379 621
Alleybux
It's so dishonest when women say guys don't like fat women. 4 out of 5 Black women are fat. A lot of fat women are boo'd up. Stop the lies.

Women will date a fat guy if he has a decent career. Outside of that, fat men are losing out here.
Big facts.