Quantcast

- "Men are more romantic than women"

Krs

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
346 2 10
Alleybux
So I saw this movie last night where Ryan Goslings character said something that made me think.

[video=youtube;dFTVvNWwzjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFTVvNWwzjs[/video]

- Men are more romantic than women because men resist marriage our whole lives until we meet that one girl and say "I'd be an idiot not to marry this girl"

- Women just seem to choose the best option available because she feels like she should settle down. "Well, he's got a good job"

I can't personally agree all the way. I know guys that enter relationships and get married just because they get tired of chasing girls in the club, and when the girl they're with starts demanding commitment they just kind of go along with it. But I'd still be interested in hearing this from womens perspective, since ya'll are from Venus and all.

Do you think there is something to it? I think some women have a more mechanical view of relationships and marriage. I see in some threads here that a lot of you talk about relationships as an exchange (commitment, money, xes, security, "I'm not going to give him this until he's done that", etc.) instead of just going along with the flow of things.

I also saw this study ( http://www.mensfitness.com/women/dating-advice/are-you-her-back-plan) that said half of married women have a plan B. Kind of like when my man Big Seans ex fiance just married her homie on the same date she was supposed to marry Big Sean. Statistics show that women more often initiate marriages, but that they also initiate divorce 70% of the time. Was marriage just one of those things they had to do in order to maintain their facade? ( https://www.washingtonpost.c om/ne...hy-women-are-more-likely-to-initiate-divorce/)

Is Ryan right or wrong about women and romance?

Ivy Park

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,981 1,471 1,881
Alleybux
He's wrong. I know married women that have never been on a date, gotten a Valentine's Day gift or even had a honeymoon. Men = Getting the most for the least amount of effort

LovelyinRed

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,875 854 505
Alleybux
So I saw this movie last night where Ryan Goslings character said something that made me think.

- Men are more romantic than women because men resist marriage our whole lives until we meet that one girl and say "I'd be an idiot not to marry this girl"

- Women just seem to choose the best option available because she feels like she should settle down. "Well, he's got a good job"

I can't personally agree all the way. I know guys that enter relationships and get married just because they get tired of chasing girls in the club, and when the girl they're with starts demanding commitment they just kind of go along with it. But I'd still be interested in hearing this from womens perspective, since ya'll are from Venus and all.

Do you think there is something to it? I think some women have a more mechanical view of relationships and marriage. I see in some threads here that a lot of you talk about relationships as an exchange (commitment, money, xes, security, "I'm not going to give him this until he's done that", etc.) instead of just going along with the flow of things.

I also saw this study ( http://www.mensfitness.com/women/dating-advice/are-you-her-back-plan) that said half of married women have a plan B. Kind of like when my man Big Seans ex fiance just married her homie on the same date she was supposed to marry Big Sean. Statistics show that women more often initiate marriages, but that they also initiate divorce 70% of the time. Was marriage just one of those things they had to do in order to maintain their facade? ( https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hy-women-are-more-likely-to-initiate-divorce/)

No. Men can be cold and despicable.

awissa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
169,940 7,986 896
Alleybux
Hell the no they are not. Men are soulless creatures who will fµck anything given the chance. Nothing is romantic about "Netflix and chill" "refusing to commit while trying to nut in, saying they not ready and wanting u to wait while they fµck 100 girls" nothing is romantic about "you my main chick , she just the side" bµllsh!t. Sorry I'm angry cause the lack of romance [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmartyBarbie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,220 68 49
Alleybux
He's right from the standpoint that my husband does some of the most creative, romantic things for holidays and anniversaries. He's always showing me up and I love him for it (lol).

He's wrong from the standpoint that I didn't just marry my husband because I felt I needed to 'settle down' (I'm pretty young anyway...no clock was ticking and I definitely wasn't starting to panic). I married him because I love everything about him and he's amazing. We have a great time together. He loves me for me and I love him for him. Yes, he's a great provider, but that wasn't the deciding factor at all.

Blue_Moon

south Londons finest
Reaction score
Reactions
185 14 8
Alleybux
From a womans's perspective he's right

ThotWings

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,979 808 330
Alleybux
I think both men and women are equally romantic. I'm personally not very romantic however I do expect roamnce. I've never dated a man or woman who made me feel men were more romantic. It was equal amounts of romance from broth my male and female partners.

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,823 11,268 4,454
Alleybux
Men are just quicker to fall in love, that is, when they are receptive to doing so. It happens all the time, a man will date one or even a series of good women who they like well enough and are compatible with over many years and never marry them, but they'll marry the very next one, even if she's not as compatible on paper as the ones he let go. That's why women should never ever wait around for a man to be ready for marriage. He'll either never be ready, or when he is ready he'll find another woman to be his wife.

CookieTho

Formerly Ms Hembrow.
Reaction score
Reactions
27,335 375 85
Alleybux
They wish :disdain:

Some men are really romantic but many are not. Many will pretend to be though to get the girl interested in them.

Plus men will do what they can get away with to get / keep a woman. Even if it's the bare minimum. :disdain:

Poodle

I am Asian
Reaction score
Reactions
6,175 193 199
Alleybux
He's wrong. I know married women that have never been on a date, gotten a Valentine's Day gift or even had a honeymoon. Men = Getting the most for the least amount of effort

Sadly, I do too.

Unless it's an arranged marriage, how does that happen? I'm just confused, how does one get to marriage without courtship? I understand the Vday thing because I don't put much stock in Vday but never being on a date is so outside the realm of my imagination, I can't begin to even fathom how it happens.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,779 68 60
Alleybux
He's right in the sense that all of civilization was created to get a girl to like somebody.

He's wrong tho because my generation's idea of "romance" is Netflix and chill, guac on your burrito bowl, and a shoutout on Instagram. These boys are more worried about impressing their friends than any girl.

The Gate

holding down the set
Reaction score
Reactions
2,893 71 62
Alleybux
A lot of men are only as romantic as they need to be.

riza

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,913 47 21
Alleybux

I also saw this study ( http://www.mensfitness.com/women/dating-advice/are-you-her-back-plan) that said half of married women have a plan B. Kind of like when my man Big Seans ex fiance just married her homie on the same date she was supposed to marry Big Sean. Statistics show that women more often initiate marriages, but that they also initiate divorce 70% of the time. Was marriage just one of those things they had to do in order to maintain their facade? ( https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hy-women-are-more-likely-to-initiate-divorce/)

I'd say wrong. In fact I think it's been shown in studies just the opposite, that men are more likely to marry whoever they happen to be with when they decide feel like getting married and less by the actual person they are with. It's like if the marriage mood hits them and you happen to be the girl meet while in that mood, then you're the girl. Whereas with women it has more to do with the actual person they are with.

Lord Manderly

Frey Pies On Da House
Reaction score
Reactions
29,558 798 166
Alleybux
Unless it's an arranged marriage, how does that happen? I'm just confused, how does one get to marriage without courtship? I understand the Vday thing because I don't put much stock in Vday but never being on a date is so outside the realm of my imagination, I can't begin to even fathom how it happens.

Lol it most definitely happens and no the people I know did not have arranged marriages.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,650 13,178 1,858
Alleybux
Unless it's an arranged marriage, how does that happen? I'm just confused,
how does one get to marriage without courtship? I understand the Vday thing because I don't put much stock in Vday but never being on a date is so outside the realm of my imagination, I can't begin to even fathom how it happens.

They went from meeting to talking on the phone to house visits to marriage without even 1 date. 10 years & 2 kids later, still no dates. 12 years & 2 kids later, annual dates on their anniversary.

The anniversary date wife considers dating "what white people do" (I. kid. you. not.) The other one is miserable. She's requested dates but he makes excuses "There's nobody to watch the kids. You want strangers watching our kids. She's hoping she can start dating her husband once the children enter high school. It's bizarre.

I live in Southern California and quite a few Black people tell me"you like to date like white women." I have my theories on just what that means but that opens up another discussion.

ADOSofTruth

Obsessed with Chemistry Like I'm a Scientist
Reaction score
Reactions
20,374 469 102
Alleybux
1. This is untrue.

2. I will only date and/or marry a romantic man.

I SOOOOOOOOO hate the ones that do a little something and expect a pat on the head, or compliment you and there's this pause where they expect you to express how grateful you are that they found you attractive.

200.gif

The sexiest kinds of men do that kind of stuff without prompting, without motivation aside from their desire to do it, and expect nothing in return. They'll get it, appreciation and other things, from me, but just the fact that it was organic, that it wasn't because it was a holiday or my birthday, means a whole lot more.

There are men like that, but as a gender collective, I disagree with the idea that they're more romantic. If you have to be reminded, begged, nagged to be romantic; it doesn't come naturally. Many men will quickly find the level that works and stay there. If she doesn't ask, beg, nag, then they won't bother.

LUPITA NYONGO

In The Bushes
Reaction score
Reactions
27,223 604 407
Alleybux
Yeah I agree. Guys I date are usually more affectionate, they give nice compliments, little surprises, say very sweet things while I'm like

tumblr_mdicd4zibo1qak6g8.gif

I dunno I'm kinda cold

Purplesquash01

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,089 2,012 143
Alleybux

I also saw this study ( http://www.mensfitness.com/women/dating-advice/are-you-her-back-plan) that said half of married women have a plan B. Kind of like when my man Big Seans ex fiance just married her homie on the same date she was supposed to marry Big Sean. Statistics show that women more often initiate marriages, but that they also initiate divorce 70% of the time. Was marriage just one of those things they had to do in order to maintain their facade? ( https://www.washingtonpost.c om/ne...hy-women-are-more-likely-to-initiate-divorce/)

Males are definitely the more romantic xes because males have a very broad outlook on women in that they find most age appropriate women desirable as they are and they tend to treat all women equally.

On the other hand women tend to have a myopic view on males and they tend to select males solely for the purpose of improving their lives or having a baby rather than for the individual man himself.

Pai Mei

Plucking Eyeballs
Reaction score
Reactions
45,174 1,685 308
Alleybux

That is not a study. Where's the study?