Quantcast

Mercy Gono

Reaction score
Reactions
35,238 978 136
Alleybux
Y’all watch her? I like her videos but I just feel like what she said she used to “grow” her hair isn’t what really made her hair grow, I just think she just takes good care of it to retain the length (wash, deep condition, moisturize) she already has and she just naturally already has fast growing hair that’s it. But that’s just me.

her for those who don’t know who I’m talking about

Last edited:

Farashalady

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,467 389 257
Alleybux
I don’t watch her videos but she’s doing the damn thing. Where’s she from? Her and her hair are beautiful.

Pinkcashmere

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,645 1,198 334
Alleybux
A lot of women get a growth spurt during pregnancy due to hormones and her baby’s is still young so that could have contributed to length.

Lyra

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,880 1,193 960
Alleybux
I watch Mercy's videos. I like her content. This video gives a fuller and better picture of her hair journey.

Originally, she was like a lot of women. For years, she could only get her hair to come a certain length and that's it. For her, it was ear length and she said she even had bald spots. Then she cut off all her damaged hair. It took her 2 years to get to shoulder length. She had to wind up cutting it again in 2017 but I don't think she cut it as short as it was in the picture from her original big chop.

I think a lot of people use incorrect terminology when it comes to hair growth, particularly all the variations of saying that such and such product made my hair grow or what I did to make my hair grow. What they're really talking about is length retention.

Exception to this is the Virgin Hair Fertilizer. I googled that product when I first started watching her videos. It's main ingredient is peppermint oil and peppermint oil has been proven to aid in hair growth.

eta: grammar/spelling

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
35,238 978 136
Alleybux
I watch Mercy's videos. I like her content. This video gives a fuller and better picture of her hair journey.

Originally, she was like a lot of women. For years, she could only get her hair to come a certain length and that's it. For her, it was ear length and she said she even had bald spots. Then she cut off all her damaged air. It took her 2 years to get to shoulder length. She had to wind up cutting it again in 2017 but I don't think she cut it as short as it was in the picture from her original big chop.

I think a lot of people use incorrect terminology when it comes to hair growth, particularly all the variations of saying that such and such product made my hair grow or what I did to make my hair grow. What they're really talking about is length retention.

Exception to this is the called Virgin Hair Fertilizer. I googled that product when I first started watching her videos. It's main ingredient is peppermint oil and peppermint oil has been proven to aid in hair growth.

I love your response I completely agree

cullensbabe

cullen bohannon's wife
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
11,807 522 928
Alleybux
I enjoy her content. Very humble, to the point, and not over dramatic.
Her hair is absolutely beautiful

bk0629

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,770 16 10
Alleybux
I watch them every now and again. She do got me using the aloe vera leaf though for conditioner.

bk0629

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,770 16 10
Alleybux
How do you use aloe vera gel as a conditioner? What results have you seen?

So I cut the little spikes off the ends then I cut the leaf maybe into 3 or 4 pieces. I section my hair into 4 sections then I take one piece of the leaf and slide in around in my hair and de-tangle. Sometimes that's the only form of conditioner I use. I've noticed it makes my hair more manageable and moisturized even days after wash day.I put on a shower cap and maybe let it sit for 20/30 minutes. I also think its help to thickened my hair more.

BossladyMAED

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,228 79 9
Alleybux
So I cut the little spikes off the ends then I cut the leaf maybe into 3 or 4 pieces. I section my hair into 4 sections then I take one piece of the leaf and slide in around in my hair and de-tangle. Sometimes that's the only form of conditioner I use. I've noticed it makes my hair more manageable and moisturized even days after wash day.I put on a shower cap and maybe let it sit for 20/30 minutes. I also think its help to thickened my hair more.

You didn't get little pieces of aloe gel in your hair? I tried aloe once and it left all sorts of tiny white clumps of crap in my hair. i was pissed!

CallItASnowDay

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
661 52 178
Alleybux
Aloe vera just made my hair dry and crunchy. Do you mix it with water? I followed Mercy’s recipe and I did not have good results. It was just gel and sticky.

ItalianFrenchToast

Toasted plz
Reaction score
Reactions
1,551 13 12
Alleybux

I wish my hair loved aloe vera. I get jealous seeing everyone saying it makes their hair feel silky & easy to detangle when it does none of those things for me :down:( lol (only like twice it made my hair slightly easier to comb) just like rice water doesn't soften my hair either (only once has it made my hair soft lol). Its confusing too because supposedly my hair is HiPo because it dries really fast but most of the things that are supposed to be great for HiPo hair leaves my hair dry, feel like straw, or gives me INSTANT DREADLOCKS :cry:. Coconut oil & my hair aren't friends (my hair used to like it). And the only way my hair feels soft is when I soak my hair with a mix of warm water/glycerin/few drops of leave in from a spray bottle (continous 360 spray bottle) layer (loadddd lol) extra leave in, oil & hair grease/or shea butter on it & my hair air dries & I feel like the airs humidity softens my hair lol. This porosity stuff is a mess lol. Maybe my hair is mixed porosity idk lol. Tons conditioner & 3lbs of hair grease is what's needed for me lol.

CallItASnowDay

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
661 52 178
Alleybux
Did you seal it after applying the aloe? You have to seal in the moisture, not just apply and go.

It was the actual application of the aloe. It was just a gel and didn’t glide in my hair nicely at all. Maybe I need to add water.

You can also try to juice. I use it without mixing with water and seal with Shea butter .

I may give it a try, I’ve just spent so much on products over the past two months so I’m only allowing myself to buy food and natural ingredients only if needed.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,620 44 11
Alleybux
It was the actual application of the aloe. It was just a gel and didn’t glide in my hair nicely at all. Maybe I need to add water.

I may give it a try, I’ve just spent so much on products over the past two months so I’m only allowing myself to buy food and natural ingredients only if needed.
That’s so odd. I used the actual plant 2 weeks ago and it went on like soft butter. The aloe juice is just easier for me to put in a spray bottle and spritz. Good luck! I’ve been natural for 16 years and find less is more when it comes to these hair products.

Come4TheQueen

Listening: What Would You Do? - Tha Dogg Pound
Reaction score
Reactions
250,921 8,285 2,785
Alleybux
I love love LOVE Mercy Gono!!! She's so sweet, very smart, pretty and her hair tips are always a winner. I use a lot of Aloe too but not the raw plant like she does. I just use the pure organic Aloe juice, mix it with water and it was a game changer for my high porosity hair.

Mercy's videos are great because she's doesn't do all that goofy sh!t most youtube girls do in their intros. Her maturity, intelligence and humility are what makes her shine. And her hair is real & natural . . . not like those girls in the early days who wore clip-ins and faked everyone out like their hair was natural and growing at a rapid speed. I definitely see Mercy as a rising star on youtube.

bindy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,071 2,477 612
Alleybux
You didn't get little pieces of aloe gel in your hair? I tried aloe once and it left all sorts of tiny white clumps of crap in my hair. i was pissed!

Strain the aloe liquid to avoid the clumps.

3420676_01i_0917s.jpg

JuneBug29

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,160 1,465 277
Alleybux
I love love LOVE Mercy Gono!!! She's so sweet, very smart, pretty and her hair tips are always a winner. I use a lot of Aloe too but not the raw plant like she does. I just use the pure organic Aloe juice, mix it with water and it was a game changer for my high porosity hair.

Mercy's videos are great because she's doesn't do all that goofy sh!t most youtube girls do in their intros. Her maturity, intelligence and humility are what makes her shine. And her hair is real & natural . . . not like those girls in the early days who wore clip-ins and faked everyone out like their hair was natural and growing at a rapid speed. I definitely see Mercy as a rising star on youtube.
She’s almost at a million subscribers in one year

No over the top personality or editing. I really like her!

s0AbNicole

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,420 807 223
Alleybux
She has a million subscribers now.

Im very happy for her. There’s not many Black Women with Kinky Textured Hair that gain that many Subs. It’s a plus that she’s a full black women and not Ambiguous. Also we have similar regimens. Not to mention, she has a successful career Unlike these Instagram “Models”

Seasoned52

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

LUCINI

fell from the sky
Reaction score
Reactions
1,546 110 109
Alleybux

I need this tea please!

JuneBug29

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,160 1,465 277
Alleybux
I’m going to buy her oil even thought I think it’s expensive for the size and I could make it myself lol.

I’m going to support thought since she doesn’t do the most and actually gives helpful info.

honeydipp

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,850 16 18
Alleybux
From the looks of Mercy’s IG, not sure if she’s still with her husband anymore. Seems to be a new man in the picture and they travelled to Mexico together. This would explain her Youtube absence. I’m honestly shocked.

bindy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,071 2,477 612
Alleybux
^^Knock me over with a feather. The new guy is cute. I hope he has good character and money.

honeydipp

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,850 16 18
Alleybux
Her new man’s IG: Login • Instagram

You can see they went to Mexico together and he’s claiming her. I hope this isn’t because of her YouTube success. Let me not not speculate too much. This just seems so sudden.

honeydipp

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,850 16 18
Alleybux
Bringing this from the Natural Hair Care forum because she also vlogs.
From the looks of Mercy Gono’s IG, not sure if she’s still with her husband anymore. Seems to be a new man in the picture and they travelled to Mexico together. This would explain her Youtube absence. I’m honestly shocked.

Her new man’s IG: Login • Instagram
You can see they went to Mexico together and he’s claiming her. I hope this isn’t because of her YouTube success. Let me not not speculate too much. This just seems so sudden.

JuneBug29

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,160 1,465 277
Alleybux
Damn I’m actually shocked if she left her husband. He seemed like a good dude. I hope the YT success didn’t go to her head.

she’s like legitimately married though, how did she scoop up a new dude so fast? This is messy messy messy. I feel bad for her husband.

JuneBug29

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,160 1,465 277
Alleybux
Y’all she’s been liking dude pics since October and that was around the time her and her husband were cel eating her 1 milli on YT. This is not looking good.

BarbieDream

#DOWEHAVEAPROBLEM!?
Reaction score
Reactions
116,103 9,108 13,012
Alleybux
She said she was going through a big life change so i assume that it could be a divorce. She said she would discuss it at a later date. Seems to line up, happy for her though.