BadEraLove

las mujeres negras están hechas de la mejor miel
Reaction score
Reactions
75,546 1,230 766
Alleybux
JacksonPassion preaching!

View attachment 612935

When I read this, I really related to this. Sometimes you forget that Mike is human because of his otherworldly impact (everyone that can do that comes around once in blue moon) so reading entries like this makes me feel closer to Mike. Being black, we both share that connection so when I see him doing certain things (i.e. the way he speaks, how he greeted Biggie, speaking on the issues, his ways of movement, etc.), I feel like I'm looking at brother/father/friend instead of my favorite entertainer. Instead of going crazy because of how adorable he is ( :love: ), I go crazy because I understand that same passion he possessed towards his blackness, especially with being proud.

I think that's why my ass is too comfortable with clownin' him. :skull:

Last edited:

Eilleen183

independent.
Reaction score
Reactions
14,980 735 482
Alleybux
When I read this, I really related to this. Sometimes you forget that Mike is human because of his otherworldly impact (everyone that can do that comes around once in blue moon) so reading entries like this makes me feel closer to Mike. Being black, we both share that connection so when I see him doing certain things (i.e. the way he speaks, how he greeted Biggie, speaking on the issues, his ways of movement, etc.), I feel like I'm looking at brother/father/friend instead of my favorite entertainer. Instead of going crazy because of how adorable he is ( :love: ), I go crazy because I understand that same passion he possessed towards his blackness, especially with being proud.

He never forgot his roots
I am convinced of that!
52e4bab184b5a49bf4fa212db463e114.gif

Last edited:

Cassaundra33

"You should be THREATENED by Me"
Reaction score
Reactions
11,139 187 37
Alleybux

Yes! To your entire post. I feel the same. I connect more with him as a person rather than an entertainer. He embodies so many of the beliefs and values I was raised with. He also reminds me so much of the men in my family it is eerie.

Queen Sena

The Queen of Wei MJs wifey
Reaction score
Reactions
78,092 1,643 870
Alleybux
You know what's sad. When my mom talks about vitiligo she always says: "the disease michael jackson 'claimed' he had, even though he turned totally white, yeah sure... He was a blackman, and he was a handsome blackman, but look what he all did to himself.."

I really really hate it when she says that, and if she talks about vitiligo with other people, and she says stuff like that, people tend to agree with that opinion as well. like, people are so uneducated... I really have to try hard to keep my mouth shut when she says that.. But I know it wouldn't help anyway if I'm gonna discuss her opinion.. It breaks my hard, but atleast I know the truth and I find comfort in that.

a8fc7e799a0b5426e0ce986ea20131a5.jpg
Sam e

Queena

Queena.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,823 1,032 1,423
Alleybux
Do you have any proof of black-people slander coming from him?
Considering your name, I'm sure that you will say that the articles are misquoting him. He's misunderstood. He had a rough childhood. He didn't have any childhood, and when all that fails...just blame Joe.
A Google search will give you all of the articles that quotes him.

Biggest example that he hated being black? He tried to pass those white kids off as his biological children. I'm sure that you believe him.

Losing His Grip

He paid millions to put a curse on jews?!

BadEraLove

las mujeres negras están hechas de la mejor miel
Reaction score
Reactions
75,546 1,230 766
Alleybux
Considering your name, I'm sure that you will say that the articles are misquoting him. He's misunderstood. He had a rough childhood. He didn't have any childhood, and when all that fails...just blame Joe.
A Google search will give you all of the articles that quotes him.

Biggest example that he hated being black? He tried to pass those white kids off as his biological children. I'm sure that you believe him.

Losing His Grip

He paid millions to put a curse on jews?!

My name has nothing to do with anything, number one. Number two, this entire article is a folklore villainizing Michael to make it seem as if he possessed a hatred towards David Geffen, at least enough to where he was willing to lose his career. michael didn't even believe in voodoo practices, once denying a gift from Prince that was a box that contained a feather, a rock, etc. so why would he participate in a ritual used to condemn another? If people are willing to lie about him being a pedophile, it's not hard to realize that they may be lying about Michael participating in ritualistic sacrifices. This is the same man that stopped a concert to keep from killing a bug. You truly think he can bathe in the blood of animals and jinx another individual? Okay... Lastly, you have still yet to prove where in his lifetime he disrespected other black people in which it corresponds to hatred. His physical appearance and children are HIS OWN personal matters that don't reflect hatred towards others so once again, I'm lost. This is the same man that believed that Africa is the blueprint for civilization. Believing that black people are some of the most talented, even quoting in a book, alluding to white people not being able to compete.

This is the same man that has admitted time and time again that he's inspired by inner-city black children and never falters from that and how black culture is one of the innovators of pop culture.

Once again, as I asked before. EXPLAIN how he hates black people.

Queena

Queena.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,823 1,032 1,423
Alleybux
My name has nothing to do with anything, number one. Number two, this entire article is a folklore villainizing Michael to make it seem as if he possessed a hatred towards David Geffen, at least enough to where he was willing to lose his career. michael didn't even believe in voodoo practices, once denying a gift from Prince that was a box that contained a feather, a rock, etc. so why would he participate in a ritual used to condemn another? If people are willing to lie about him being a pedophile, it's not hard to realize that they may be lying about Michael participating in ritualistic sacrifices. This is the same man that stopped a concert to keep from killing a bug. You truly think he can bathe in the blood of animals and jinx another individual? Okay... Lastly, you have still yet to prove where in his lifetime he disrespected other black people in which it corresponds to hatred. His physical appearance and children are HIS OWN personal matters that don't reflect hatred towards others so once again, I'm lost. This is the same man that believed that Africa is the blueprint for civilization. Believing that black people are some of the most talented, even quoting in a book, alluding to white people not being able to compete.

This is the same man that has admitted time and time again that he's inspired by inner-city black children and never falters from that and how black culture is one of the innovators of pop culture.

Once again, as I asked before. EXPLAIN how he hates black people.

I'll take the word if someone who knew him, than a fan. Have a good day Sir!

Clarke777

Dare to be Different
Reaction score
Reactions
2,493 260 100
Alleybux
Well, when a black man turns white and surrounds himself with white folks, and only dates/marrys white women, and only wanted WHITE kids with blond hair and blue eyes, (yes, he actually said that!)

It is pretty hard to see how much he actually loved black culture.

IJS ...

he didnt 'turn white' by choice. He had a skin condition.

SabrinaFairchild

The original glow-up
Reaction score
Reactions
8,878 178 79
Alleybux
You know what's sad. When my mom talks about vitiligo she always says: "the disease michael jackson 'claimed' he had, even though he turned totally white, yeah sure... He was a blackman, and he was a handsome blackman, but look what he all did to himself.."

I really really hate it when she says that, and if she talks about vitiligo with other people, and she says stuff like that, people tend to agree with that opinion as well. like, people are so uneducated... I really have to try hard to keep my mouth shut when she says that.. But I know it wouldn't help anyway if I'm gonna discuss her opinion.. It breaks my hard, but atleast I know the truth and I find comfort in that.

a8fc7e799a0b5426e0ce986ea20131a5.jpg
My mom is pretty much the same way. She still believes Michael had vitiligo but somehow thinks he still made the "choice" to be "white" because his condition was aggressive and he didn't "stop" at a certain point with the depigmentation process/ treatments or chose to go with a lighter color pallet as it progressed. I know other people with this same argument and time and time again they come up short in their argument that Michael was somehow a self-hater because it's(one) of the only legs they have to stand on.

I personally think that mindset is generational. My mom and people in her age group are old enough to have witnessed Michael's out of this world success in the entertainment industry as a black man which was not common in its time. A lot of them were very proud of him and saw him as the pinnacle of black success and a paragon of how young, inner-city black men could really make a name for themselves Once his looks started to change, I think they felt betrayed and thought he'd abandoned the black community which is why many of them show so much contempt for Michael's plastic surgery decisions and refuse to believe he had vitiligo.

I understand the major significance of Michael's presence as a black entertainer has had in the community but what I don't understand is the need to be so salty and opinionated about it after all these years.

imthatchickk

However, I stay Gucci down to the socks
Reaction score
Reactions
19,398 132 9
Alleybux
He loved his culture, defended his culture and in the span of his 50 year life he made sure to always make that clear even if the doubters hurled at him nonsense. I also loved the friendship he had with Nelson Mandela.

Sunshine2255

Nice days and warm/hot, dry weather are great.
Reaction score
Reactions
1,527 244 455
Alleybux
He loved his culture, defended his culture and in the span of his 50 year life he made sure to always make that clear even if the doubters hurled at him nonsense. I also loved the friendship he had with Nelson Mandela.

I totally agree with you, on this. If anything, it absolutely PROVED, without any question or shadow of a doubt, how much Michael loved his culture and how strongly he identified with his race/ethnicity.

What you point out, here, in your comments, these were NEVER at any time the feelings and actions of a man who (supposedly, allegedly) was a “self-hating Black man,” one who “hated looking ‘African’ in physical appearance” and “didn’t like being around others who looked like his race” when it came to his social circle of close friendships, intimate relationships, etc. (outside of/other than his interactions with his immediate family members, according to some who are SO doggone hung-up on this stupid racial/ethnic “phenotype” business, that it makes no sense at all), as if only that (him having looked a certain way, and only limiting himself to close association with people who looked the same way, based solely on his and their race/ethnicity and outward physical appearance) mattered above and beyond any- and everything else.

So, his friendships and close associations should have been strictly monitored, based on the race/nationality/ethnicity/culture/visible ethnic “phenotype” of himself and any others involved in such close associations/social interactions? If he and anyone else who happened to visibly appear “African” socialized with each other (or, even were more intimately involved), would that have gained these posters’ approval, and provided the “evidence” that he really wasn’t a “self-hater,” after all?

What about Michael’s having had surgery on his nose, and getting the dimple in his chin enhanced? Anyone of any other race is allowed to get cosmetic “work” done to change his or her outward physical appearance, except for people of African descent, lest they be wrongly accused of “self-hatred” by some overly-sensitive people who feel that another individual’s personal private business and goings-on would somehow negatively affect them, deeply offend them, and hurt their feelings, is that right? How ridiculous, and just plain wrong, that idea is!!!

Michael should not be criticized and judged negatively for whatever he either did or didn’t do in his private life, with whomever he either was associated/acquainted or not (regardless of their physical appearance/looks) —— no more so, than what anyone else would be criticized for —— when he never harmed anyone.

Whatever he did, and with whomever it was he chose to be closely associated, to be seen in public and photographed with, even to have been intimate with in his relationships, it was still HIS private business, not ours, the media’s, nor anyone else’s, for others to have meddled in it.

What about his having sought and received treatment for the disfiguring effects of his scalp-burn injuries and autoimmune diseases? I don't think anyone would have wanted to see him in public without the results of such medical treatment (done so he could look as “normal,” for him, as possible, and mostly be left alone, pretty much), nor would he have wanted the media’s possible, potential focus to have been on his health problems and disfigurements, instead of the proper focus and attention rightfully being paid to his MUSIC.

Last edited:

Unique7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
854 153 732
Alleybux
I have a question y'all. Someone on twitter that goes by the name of "ChaplinsmileUK" posted some hand written notes of MJ, that he written to himself. And in the first note he wrote "plus a lot of blacks have been ugly to look at". Does anyone know what he meant with that? Thanks.

Ei8pqU7XYAEYewV

Ei8qKgaX0AQjj-y

Sunshine2255

Reaction score
Reactions
1,527 244 455
Alleybux
I have a question, y’all. Someone on “Twitter” that goes by the name of “ChaplinsmileUK” posted some hand written notes of MJ, that he written to himself. And, in the first note, he wrote: “Plus, a lot of Blacks have been ugly to look at.” Does anyone know what he meant with that? Thanks.

Ei8pqU7XYAEYewV

Ei8qKgaX0AQjj-y

I think he liked Black people and the culture, he just didn’t like himself.

It seems that, @mjlover7 and @90smars , Michael was more than likely referring to the inherently racist history of the entertainment/music business, and how African-Americans were being treated in those early days, (when society was much, much more openly segregated and very few Black performers, if any at all, were ever seen on film, on television, etc.) not necessarily a case of him having called Black people “ugly,” because of any issues of “self-hatred” he had. He strongly pointed out this history (of which he very well knew, and had experienced racism in some form or another, himself), and the common practice of those in charge of it to heavily promote far-LESS-talented White celebrities over truly talented Black artists.

Last edited:

Sunshine2255

Reaction score
Reactions
1,527 244 455
Alleybux
O.K., @90smars . I take it that, in your view, he was nothing but a “self-hater” who had (supposedly) never experienced racism in his life, then? OH, PLEASE!!! I’m sure you’ve read, seen, or heard about stories of Michael having experienced racism during his lifetime, at one point or another. First, it was in less obvious, more subtle ways, then, it got more and more open and obvious as the years went by.

What do you call the refusal of magazines like “Rolling Stone,”® for instance, to even acknowledge a popular album such as “Off the Wall” with a cover article, in 1979, when many White singers/performers, actors, writers, political figures, and what have you, have graced its covers since its existence, and so few Black people of note in ANY public profession have ever appeared on them?

What do you call the “anti-‘Disco’-music” backlash against Black performers/artists* (*and, not only against music associated with Black people, but against anything else that was associated with other audiences and cultural groups besides “Rock”-music-loving young White Males) that had just preceded the release of the album; And then, in 1980, the restriction of categories it was nominated in to those considered as “R&B”/“Soul,” simply because of his race? If you don’t call any of these incidents “blatant racism,” then what do you consider the refusal of “M.T.V.”® to even play Videos featuring Black artists —— including Michael’s own short film, “Billie Jean” —— on a regular basis at first, due to network executives’ fear of alienating White viewers (particularly, in certain parts of the U.S.) to the channel?

What do you consider the industry’s jealousy over, and its outright hatred of, his “ Thriller” success, his purchase and ownership, in 1985, of the publishing rights to music recorded by the very same White artists long-upheld as “THE Greatest of ALL Time,” by both the “mainstream” media and those who ran the entertainment/music business during the 1980’s, and who are still running it?

How can you explain the industry (no doubt, as it has always been in cahoots with the media, and they both work hand-in-hand with one another) seeming SO bent on its wanting to completely destroy Michael, because his absolute dominance of it at that time made his success be viewed as a “threat” to the position the White performers held at “the top of the pedestal,” so to speak? There is only ONE answer to all of the questions I am asking, here. But YOU, however, choose to avoid the obvious, and keep blaming what he actually went through on “self-hatred,” which is not only foolish and utterly ridiculous, it is a stupid outright LIE. Go on ahead and keep believing it, though....

Last edited:

Michael7777

MJ IS INNOCENT
Reaction score
Reactions
3,422 153 70
Alleybux
Michael was a proud black man.
This excerpt from his interview with Jesse Jackson on 2005
“ The world is jealous of Africa for many centuries because it’s natural resources is phenomenal. It really is. And it is the dawn of civilization. The history, a lot of our bible history is right there in Africa. And King Tut, all those great civilizations – that is right there in Africa. Egypt is in Africa!!! And they always try to separate the two, but Egypt is Africa!!!”

You can hear it at 3:10

Unique7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
854 153 732
Alleybux
“ The world is jealous of Africa for many centuries because it’s natural resources is phenomenal. It really is. And it is the dawn of civilization. The history, a lot of our bible history is right there in Africa. And King Tut, all those great civilizations – that is right there in Africa. Egypt is in Africa!!! And they always try to separate the two, but Egypt is Africa!!!”

I learned so much about this man in the pass few years, just wow. Mike was so proud of his race.

Michael7777

MJ IS INNOCENT
Reaction score
Reactions
3,422 153 70
Alleybux
Of all his travels, he says his most emotional and moving experiences came in travels in Dakar, Senegal. “I’m going to raise my hand (to God) on this one,” he lit up like a light. “I always thought that Blacks, as far as artistry, were the most talented race on earth. But when I went to Africa, I was even more convinced. They do incredible things over there….They got the beats and the rhythm. I really see where drums come from.
It makes you think that all Blacks have rhythm….I don’t want the Blacks to ever forget that this is where we come from and where our music comes from. And if we forget, it (Black history) would really get lost. I want us to remember.
Michael Jackson

AfroSoul

MJ IS THE GREATEST PERFORMER OF ALL TIME .THE GOAT
Reaction score
Reactions
52,398 2,857 8,181
Alleybux
Of all his travels, he says his most emotional and moving experiences came in travels in Dakar, Senegal. “I’m going to raise my hand (to God) on this one,” he lit up like a light. “I always thought that Blacks, as far as artistry, were the most talented race on earth. But when I went to Africa, I was even more convinced. They do incredible things over there….They got the beats and the rhythm. I really see where drums come from.
It makes you think that all Blacks have rhythm….I don’t want the Blacks to ever forget that this is where we come from and where our music comes from. And if we forget, it (Black history) would really get lost. I want us to remember.
Michael Jackson

Senegal ? Never knew he went there . I know he went in Ivory Coats , Gabon ( my country ) and of course South Africa but never heard he went to Senegal . Is there any footage ?

Michael7777

MJ IS INNOCENT
Reaction score
Reactions
3,422 153 70
Alleybux
Senegal ? Never knew he went there . I know he went in Ivory Coats , Gabon ( my country ) and of course South Africa but never heard he went to Senegal . Is there any footage ?
He went there in 1974 to perform with The Jacksons at Demba Diop Stadium.
He said :
When we came off the plane in Dakar, Senegal, Africa, we were greeted by a long line of African dancers. Their drums and sounds filled the air with rhythm. I was going crazy, I was screaming, ‘All right! They got the rhythm… This is it. This is where I come from. The origin.’

Attachments

• 1A153B4E-2012-4649-A2A0-CBA01A36A444.jpeg
    1A153B4E-2012-4649-A2A0-CBA01A36A444.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 21
  • BA78785F-8646-4F4D-B5F2-0551CA19BA32.jpeg
    BA78785F-8646-4F4D-B5F2-0551CA19BA32.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 25
  • FA8F3668-8D2F-4B82-97CD-CD108B77B209.jpeg
    FA8F3668-8D2F-4B82-97CD-CD108B77B209.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 4F770952-0999-4E09-9D87-699D79CA56E7.jpeg
    4F770952-0999-4E09-9D87-699D79CA56E7.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 23

AfroSoul

MJ IS THE GREATEST PERFORMER OF ALL TIME .THE GOAT
Reaction score
Reactions
52,398 2,857 8,181
Alleybux
He went there in 1974 to perform with The Jacksons at Demba Diop Stadium.
He said :
When we came off the plane in Dakar, Senegal, Africa, we were greeted by a long line of African dancers. Their drums and sounds filled the air with rhythm. I was going crazy, I was screaming, ‘All right! They got the rhythm… This is it. This is where I come from. The origin.’

Oh ok ; Thank You .