UPDATE MINNESOTA v. DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL THREAD #GEORGEFLOYD

Reactions
41,762 415 176
Alleybux
'i ate too many drugs' ...said NO ONE EVER... that diction is severely uncommon and unnatural.. it's just not something someone would say

I'm watching this trial at arm's length. I can't bear to view video clips of Mr. Floyd's murder over and over again.
Yeah there’s nothing logical not even crack head logic in “I ate too many drugs”

First one all, no one “eats” drugs.

Secondly no drug user refers to their drug of choice as “drugs.” They may said “I ate too many shrooms,” “I took too much X,” “I had too much molly,” “I snorted too much...,” “I popped too much...,” “shot too much...” etc. but never ATE and DRUGS.

Nobody even eats drugs...unless you’re talking edibles

then...to tell police who are trying to arrest you that you ate too much drugs? “Whet?!”

George would be saying he ate too much drugs for what exactly? He ate too much drugs to be arrested?

The entire notion that he said THAT is beyond absurd

“I ate too many drugs” said by no drugs user, EVER.

Reactions
11,333 530 1,725
Alleybux
Reactions
38,486 503 131
Alleybux
I am frustrated with the "yes" "no" trance Nelson attempts to put the witnesses in? It's annoying.

I'm still upset about him feeding the witness that George said he "ate more drugs"

Reactions
5,130 125 90
Alleybux
Anyone else think Chauvin wont get convicted? They shouldnt have gone for first or second degree murder that was stupid. Third degree wouldnt have been a problem to prove but the other two wont work.

They have body cam footage of another angle where Chauvins knee was on his shoulder, body cam footage of them saying that he is on drugs, a doctor saying that the main cause of death from Fentanyl is asphyxiation, too much Fentanyl in Georges body, his friend and drug dealer refusing to testify because he didnt want to incriminate himself (if George died of a drug overdose he is responsible and could be charged), a cop who was testifying FOR the prosecution said that Chauvin would have been legally justified to use a taser because it was a priority 1 call but he went for "less violence", Chauvin was using a control maneuver that the police were tought in the academy (he wasnt there when it was tought but someone could have shown him), they worked at the same facility but didnt work in the same area and apparently didnt know each other, they put him in the car and he kept saying "put me on the ground, put me on the ground" and saying "I cant breathe" before he was even in on the ground.

I dont know why the media is acting like there is no way Chauvin wont get charged. Imo he wont get second or first degree and people wont understand why because of the way media is reporting and eveyone will riot. The only way he gets charged is if the jury finds him guilty to avoid riots.

Reactions
49,639 371 85
Alleybux
Anyone else think Chauvin wont get convicted? They shouldnt have gone for first or second degree murder that was stupid. Third degree wouldnt have been a problem to prove but the other two wont work.

They have body cam footage of another angle where Chauvins knee was on his shoulder, body cam footage of them saying that he is on drugs, a doctor saying that the main cause of death from Fentanyl is asphyxiation, too much Fentanyl in Georges body, his friend and drug dealer refusing to testify because he didnt want to incriminate himself (if George died of a drug overdose he is responsible and could be charged), a cop who was testifying FOR the prosecution said that Chauvin would have been legally justified to use a taser because it was a priority 1 call but he went for "less violence", Chauvin was using a control maneuver that the police were tought in the academy (he wasnt there when it was tought but someone could have shown him), they worked at the same facility but didnt work in the same area and apparently didnt know each other, they put him in the car and he kept saying "put me on the ground, put me on the ground" and saying "I cant breathe" before he was even in on the ground.

I dont know why the media is acting like there is no way Chauvin wont get charged. Imo he wont get second or first degree and people wont understand why because of the way media is reporting and eveyone will riot. The only way he gets charged is if the jury finds him guilty to avoid riots.

In what year did a jury convict an officer charged with murdering a Black person to avoid riots? What are you going by?

Reactions
15,299 229 99
Alleybux
Good Morning, LSA Fam!

Praying today will be a GREAT day for Prosecution.

*************************************************************************************************

I know this information was probably already posted upthread, but I think it's important that we re-post every so often for those who want to learn about or simply re-acquaint themselves with the presiding jury on this case.

Juror #9- multiracial, female, 20s
She grew up in a small town in northern Minnesota and has an uncle who is a police officer in Brainerd, Minn. She was “excited” to get a summons in this case, which “everyone’s heard about, everyone’s talked about and everyone’s going to talk about long after the trial is over.”

Juror #92- white, female, 40s
She feels White people are favored by the justice system but strongly disagrees with defunding the police. She said media coverage of Chauvin depicted him as “an aggressive cop with tax problems,” which drew a laugh from the former officer’s attorney.

Juror #27- black, male, 30s
An immigrant who came to the United States more than a decade ago, he once lived near where Floyd was killed. The man said a friend showed him the video of Floyd’s death; afterward, he told his wife: “It could have been me.”

Juror #91- black, female, 60s
A grandmother originally from South Minneapolis, she says she has a relative on the city’s police force, but they aren’t close. She expressed a positive view of the Black Lives Matter movement, saying: “I am Black. My life matters.”

Juror #44- white, F, 50s
An executive at a nonprofit health-care advocacy group and a single mother to two teenage boys, the juror said she discussed White privilege with a Black co-worker. The co-worker’s son is the same age as the juror’s older teenager. “But my White son, if he gets pulled over, doesn’t have to have fear.”

Juror 52- black, M, 30s
He has not seen the video of Floyd’s death in full and wonders why the other officers on the scene did not stop Chauvin. He expressed mixed views on police, saying he once saw them “body slam then mace an individual simply because they did not obey an order quick enough.” But he knows other police officers from his gym and called them “great guys.”

Juror 79- black, M, 40s
An immigrant who has been in the Twin Cities for about 20 years, he now lives in the suburbs of Minneapolis. He says his view of Chauvin is “neutral” and wants to hear more of his side before making a judgment.

Juror 118- white, F, 20s
A newlywed social worker, she asked about Chauvin: “Was that his training to do that?” She thinks things in policing should be changed but strongly opposes cutting police funding.

Juror 131- white, M, 20s
A married accountant, he questioned why four police officers responded to a 911 call about a counterfeit $20. He also was critical of professional athletes who knelt during the national anthem.

Juror 2- white, M, 20s
The first juror seated said he never watched the video of Floyd’s death, but he saw a video still of Chauvin on top of him. He described himself as willing to change his mind on issues.

Juror 96- white, F, 50s
She said the video might not show the entirety of what happened, calling it “a snippet.” She also said that, in her view, Chauvin “took a different role in the situation than the other officers” who were there.

Juror 85- multiracial, F, 40s
A self-described “working mom and wife,” she described police officers as humans who “can make mistakes.” She also agreed that people who don’t listen to the police have themselves to blame for negative outcomes, saying: “You respect police and do what they ask.”

Juror 55- white, F, 50s
A single mother of two who rides motorcycles in her spare time, she described being scared by the unrest that gripped Minneapolis last year. She also mentioned seeing officers confront an unarmed White teenager last summer, calling it “harassment” and saying that when she tried to intervene, an officer ordered her to stay back.

Juror 19- white, M, 30s
A corporate auditor, he said a “friend of a friend” works for the Minneapolis police but that they had not discussed the case. If there are conflicts in the jury room, he said he would reexamine his own views, but “if I still felt that my viewpoint was the one that I believed in, I think I’d stand by that viewpoint.”

Juror 89- white, F, 50s
A registered nurse who works with ventilated patients, her medical training was highlighted during the questioning process.

Reactions
8,241 139 78
Alleybux
Are we going to hear testimony about any statements Chauvin made during his interview about what happened? Wasnt he debriefed and interviewed too like the other officers after the incident or did he get a lawyer first? (Obviously not with this medical witness, i just mean further into the trial).

Reactions
4,815 126 23
Alleybux
Nelson will not be able to belittle or raise questions about this man’s experience or qualifications. 700 medical articles, 40 years of medical practice including currently working in the pulmonary ICU.

ETA: he’s also very good at explaining complex medical issues in a way the jury can understand. Nelson’s sweating right now.

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

Recent Posts

Twitter says Chicago Mayor is having an affair on her wife and considering resignation
lmao whole up. i just read that tweet. thats some wild shit so she was cheating on her wife with some young girl. the young girl was cheating on...
Buckingham Swirl: The Prince Charles (and Family) Appreciation Thread
I don’t even know what to say. She does look like William! Is she Philipp’s love child with that woman? Wooww.
Daunte Wright called his mom before being shot. George Floyd yelled for his. As a Black mother...
Her greatest fear should be her black ass daughter being murdered at the hands of a black man. The chances of that happening are far greater than...
Smash or Pass: Kris Wu
Look at braces making them drastic changes. I've seen pics of him as a teen. He definitely hasn't had any.
Are Y'all Going To See "Kinky" This Weekend?
I know he trying hard and he is a handsome, nicely buit guy but I just cannot see Robert Ri'chard in roles like this. I would like to see him in...
Neverland is being brought back to old glory by the new owner?
TF would Taj know!! They prolly can’t get him on the phone he’s so busy making the documentary :laugh2:laugh2:laugh2 Bihhh I'm beginning...
Prince Phillip funeral watch thread
I'm guessing you haven't seen Australia's coverage. Also, no Canadian has ever married into the RF, so no surprises there. Missed than...
Discovery Plus Say Michael was Innocent
I too believe he had an innocence. You could see his aura
Top Bottom