Quantcast

UPDATE MINNESOTA v. DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL THREAD. GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS! #GEORGEFLOYD

DRockefellar78

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,766 391 8
Alleybux
One thing I can say is that Criminal Justice has so many interesting career options. These people have to be smart. Especially the scientists.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,652 13,178 1,858
Alleybux
What is Prosecution trying to get at? That the pills were planted? Or just noting that the pills were present in his car and the squad car?

WhewChileTheJello

Leftest Mafia Mama
Reaction score
Reactions
126,175 2,056 548
Alleybux
The pills or pill in the squad car are weird. Were the drugs in the benz the same types of pills as what was seen in the squad car?

Caramelskin

80’s baby ❤️
Reaction score
Reactions
179,593 7,139 3,462
Alleybux
Maurice probably like “Damn I hope they don’t find any evidence against me” while in the vehicle.

Remember, they have him on camera throwing something in the car.

BitsyB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,398 646 113
Alleybux
Really incredibly sloppy forensic work, overlooking those pills and partially chewed pills in the squad car. Total incompetence. Defense will jump on that.

East Coast Chick

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,585 420 7
Alleybux
Briahna and I have the same hair texture and is rocking the same hairstyle right now except my middle part is straighter and we have almost the same length hair too hers may be an inch or 2 longer than mine when straightened.

godisgood

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,777 4,464 2,289
Alleybux
Briahna and I have the same hair texture and is rocking the same hairstyle right now except my middle part is straighter and we have almost the same length hair too hers may be an inch or 2 longer than mine when straightened.
That's so nice. I am really happy to see a black female expert. She is really intelligent and on it. Really inspiring to see her

Queens Palace

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,529 1,035 740
Alleybux
I chimed in during the last forensic woman. Im a Bicohemist so none of this over my head...but I dont understand the Prosecutors goal?

I must've missed it whats the angle. Is he simply addressing these pills so the Defensive can't twist the facts?

BitsyB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,398 646 113
Alleybux
I
I chimed in during the last forensic woman. Im a Bicohemist so none of this over my head...but I dont understand the Prosecutors goal?

I must've missed it whats the angle. Is he simply addressing these pills so the Defensive can't twist the facts?
I think he’s putting it out there before defense does.

Queens Palace

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,529 1,035 740
Alleybux
That's so nice. I am really happy to see a black female expert. She is really intelligent and on it. Really inspiring to see her
Yes! Shes very well spoken for this field. Believe me, not everyone can explain clearly & sharply whats-what in science.

Livewell22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,159 386 95
Alleybux
Those questioning why persecution is bring up pills and drugs found in and on GF. It is to disarm the defense. To lessen the impact the defense will have when they introduce it. Its a way to say we are aware of it but it’s insignificant to this issue. In hopes that by the time Nelson get to it, it will be like beating a dead horse.

BitsyB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,398 646 113
Alleybux
Yes. There wa
The pills or pill in the squad car are weird. Were the drugs in the benz the same types of pills as what was seen in the squad car?
Yes there was meth in all of them and fentanyl in the ones from the Benz, the partial pills from the squad car didn’t have enough to identify what the second substance was (besides the meth.)

Queens Palace

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,529 1,035 740
Alleybux
So we know the amount of Meth was low-low and thats good to end on. Fen is just a nasty cutter but its such a downer. I know downers can make some people hype...but I don't know if you can make that argument to prove George was too sedated to cause enough problems that the yt devil would need to kill him.

My druggie friend said no matter if its a downer, you can't predict how the person will act. She'll know better than me.

DRockefellar78

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,766 391 8
Alleybux
Not sure if I caught everything correctly as I was distracted with my weekly grooming session. Are they moving towards the cops may have planted drugs in the police vehicle or that vintage Benz?

Last edited:

mochaice

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
161,824 2,555 747
Alleybux
'i ate too many drugs' ...said NO ONE EVER... that diction is severely uncommon and unnatural.. it's just not something someone would say

I'm watching this trial at arm's length. I can't bear to view video clips of Mr. Floyd's murder over and over again.

DR. DIVA

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
58,892 1,045 291
Alleybux
'i ate too many drugs' ...said NO ONE EVER... that diction is severely uncommon and unnatural.. it's just not something someone would say

I'm watching this trial at arm's length. I can't bear to view video clips of Mr. Floyd's murder over and over again.
Yeah there’s nothing logical not even crack head logic in “I ate too many drugs”

First one all, no one “eats” drugs.

Secondly no drug user refers to their drug of choice as “drugs.” They may said “I ate too many shrooms,” “I took too much X,” “I had too much molly,” “I snorted too much...,” “I popped too much...,” “shot too much...” etc. but never ATE and DRUGS.

Nobody even eats drugs...unless you’re talking edibles

then...to tell police who are trying to arrest you that you ate too much drugs? “Whet?!”

George would be saying he ate too much drugs for what exactly? He ate too much drugs to be arrested?

The entire notion that he said THAT is beyond absurd

“I ate too many drugs” said by no drugs user, EVER.

Ujjnala

Facts. Periodt.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,313 5,201 8,831
Alleybux
Can't wait for them to really pull out the facts about Derek and George working together back in the day.

It's been a good week for the defense so far.

Seychelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,827 1,229 417
Alleybux
I am frustrated with the "yes" "no" trance Nelson attempts to put the witnesses in? It's annoying.

I'm still upset about him feeding the witness that George said he "ate more drugs"

Flubber

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,830 187 116
Alleybux
Anyone else think Chauvin wont get convicted? They shouldnt have gone for first or second degree murder that was stupid. Third degree wouldnt have been a problem to prove but the other two wont work.

They have body cam footage of another angle where Chauvins knee was on his shoulder, body cam footage of them saying that he is on drugs, a doctor saying that the main cause of death from Fentanyl is asphyxiation, too much Fentanyl in Georges body, his friend and drug dealer refusing to testify because he didnt want to incriminate himself (if George died of a drug overdose he is responsible and could be charged), a cop who was testifying FOR the prosecution said that Chauvin would have been legally justified to use a taser because it was a priority 1 call but he went for "less violence", Chauvin was using a control maneuver that the police were tought in the academy (he wasnt there when it was tought but someone could have shown him), they worked at the same facility but didnt work in the same area and apparently didnt know each other, they put him in the car and he kept saying "put me on the ground, put me on the ground" and saying "I cant breathe" before he was even in on the ground.

I dont know why the media is acting like there is no way Chauvin wont get charged. Imo he wont get second or first degree and people wont understand why because of the way media is reporting and eveyone will riot. The only way he gets charged is if the jury finds him guilty to avoid riots.

WhewChileTheJello

Leftest Mafia Mama
Reaction score
Reactions
126,175 2,056 548
Alleybux
Anyone else think Chauvin wont get convicted? They shouldnt have gone for first or second degree murder that was stupid. Third degree wouldnt have been a problem to prove but the other two wont work.

They have body cam footage of another angle where Chauvins knee was on his shoulder, body cam footage of them saying that he is on drugs, a doctor saying that the main cause of death from Fentanyl is asphyxiation, too much Fentanyl in Georges body, his friend and drug dealer refusing to testify because he didnt want to incriminate himself (if George died of a drug overdose he is responsible and could be charged), a cop who was testifying FOR the prosecution said that Chauvin would have been legally justified to use a taser because it was a priority 1 call but he went for "less violence", Chauvin was using a control maneuver that the police were tought in the academy (he wasnt there when it was tought but someone could have shown him), they worked at the same facility but didnt work in the same area and apparently didnt know each other, they put him in the car and he kept saying "put me on the ground, put me on the ground" and saying "I cant breathe" before he was even in on the ground.

I dont know why the media is acting like there is no way Chauvin wont get charged. Imo he wont get second or first degree and people wont understand why because of the way media is reporting and eveyone will riot. The only way he gets charged is if the jury finds him guilty to avoid riots.

In what year did a jury convict an officer charged with murdering a Black person to avoid riots? What are you going by?

TheLovelyMuse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,010 1,524 442
Alleybux
Good Morning, LSA Fam!

Praying today will be a GREAT day for Prosecution.

*************************************************************************************************

I know this information was probably already posted upthread, but I think it's important that we re-post every so often for those who want to learn about or simply re-acquaint themselves with the presiding jury on this case.

Juror #9- multiracial, female, 20s
She grew up in a small town in northern Minnesota and has an uncle who is a police officer in Brainerd, Minn. She was “excited” to get a summons in this case, which “everyone’s heard about, everyone’s talked about and everyone’s going to talk about long after the trial is over.”

Juror #92- white, female, 40s
She feels White people are favored by the justice system but strongly disagrees with defunding the police. She said media coverage of Chauvin depicted him as “an aggressive cop with tax problems,” which drew a laugh from the former officer’s attorney.

Juror #27- black, male, 30s
An immigrant who came to the United States more than a decade ago, he once lived near where Floyd was killed. The man said a friend showed him the video of Floyd’s death; afterward, he told his wife: “It could have been me.”

Juror #91- black, female, 60s
A grandmother originally from South Minneapolis, she says she has a relative on the city’s police force, but they aren’t close. She expressed a positive view of the Black Lives Matter movement, saying: “I am Black. My life matters.”

Juror #44- white, F, 50s
An executive at a nonprofit health-care advocacy group and a single mother to two teenage boys, the juror said she discussed White privilege with a Black co-worker. The co-worker’s son is the same age as the juror’s older teenager. “But my White son, if he gets pulled over, doesn’t have to have fear.”

Juror 52- black, M, 30s
He has not seen the video of Floyd’s death in full and wonders why the other officers on the scene did not stop Chauvin. He expressed mixed views on police, saying he once saw them “body slam then mace an individual simply because they did not obey an order quick enough.” But he knows other police officers from his gym and called them “great guys.”

Juror 79- black, M, 40s
An immigrant who has been in the Twin Cities for about 20 years, he now lives in the suburbs of Minneapolis. He says his view of Chauvin is “neutral” and wants to hear more of his side before making a judgment.

Juror 118- white, F, 20s
A newlywed social worker, she asked about Chauvin: “Was that his training to do that?” She thinks things in policing should be changed but strongly opposes cutting police funding.

Juror 131- white, M, 20s
A married accountant, he questioned why four police officers responded to a 911 call about a counterfeit $20. He also was critical of professional athletes who knelt during the national anthem.

Juror 2- white, M, 20s
The first juror seated said he never watched the video of Floyd’s death, but he saw a video still of Chauvin on top of him. He described himself as willing to change his mind on issues.

Juror 96- white, F, 50s
She said the video might not show the entirety of what happened, calling it “a snippet.” She also said that, in her view, Chauvin “took a different role in the situation than the other officers” who were there.

Juror 85- multiracial, F, 40s
A self-described “working mom and wife,” she described police officers as humans who “can make mistakes.” She also agreed that people who don’t listen to the police have themselves to blame for negative outcomes, saying: “You respect police and do what they ask.”

Juror 55- white, F, 50s
A single mother of two who rides motorcycles in her spare time, she described being scared by the unrest that gripped Minneapolis last year. She also mentioned seeing officers confront an unarmed White teenager last summer, calling it “harassment” and saying that when she tried to intervene, an officer ordered her to stay back.

Juror 19- white, M, 30s
A corporate auditor, he said a “friend of a friend” works for the Minneapolis police but that they had not discussed the case. If there are conflicts in the jury room, he said he would reexamine his own views, but “if I still felt that my viewpoint was the one that I believed in, I think I’d stand by that viewpoint.”

Juror 89- white, F, 50s
A registered nurse who works with ventilated patients, her medical training was highlighted during the questioning process.