Quantcast

Miranda didn't deserve Steve (Another xes and the City rant)

Absolvo

ancora imparo
Reaction score
Reactions
415,666 15,300 1,573
Alleybux
satc-8.jpg

Okay I'm not done with this sh!t and I'm side eyeing Miranda this time. She was the fµck!ng worst and she treated Steve like sh!t. Anytime that man showed her affection or treated her right, she'd find fault with it or push him away. Then when he got with someone else, she wanted him (she did the same with Skipper and Carried clocked her when she said Miranda only likes angry guys). When he had the chance to win a million dollars (if he scored a basket from center court), she made fun of it and acted like supporting him was painful for her. She even side eyed him when he got emotional at the birth of their child, it's like she wanted Carrie there (she was weirdly codependent on her IMO) instead of him. Steve was wrong for cheating but Miranda knew how to work a damn nerve.

Y'all think she acted like that because she thinks she settled for Steve (because no one else was checking for her)? And don't even get me started on this sh!t...
1241282b-b659-4e25-8951-a0d780dff3fb.jpg

QueenAnneBoleyn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,661 144 35
Alleybux
Truuuuuth!! I hated the way she treated him once the baby was born. I’ve always felt like Steve had more feelings for her than she did for him.

Miranda could’ve been framed & written better. Idk. It’s like the 2 actual career women on the show had to be over the top in their rejection of love.

spoiledwater

Proud Elder Millennial
Reaction score
Reactions
539,709 16,181 6,462
Alleybux
Miranda struck me, as a driven smart woman who left a small town to go to NYC, and succeeded with a great life and career.

I feel like Steve, represented the types of guys she dodged and left "back at home". Which may explain why she was so hesitant to get with him and take him seriously.

Perhaps Miranda had plans to climb the social ladder in NYC, and a man like Steve, wouldn't necessarily help that along.

She fit well into the Manhattan world, but wouldn't have been happy with the stuffiness for long. She still wanted to eat curly fries and drink craft beer with a guy like Steve. Plus, xes was good, and he made her laugh.

In the end, she did what was best for herself, and their new family--which is what matters. I actually like that it took the female character a while to see the good and appreciate what was around her. That she wasn't jumping for the "opportunity" of "domestic bliss", and needed more time.

Miranda, had a lot of options. Steve was special enough, to rearrange some of them for a bit. Someone willing to fall back a little, and support her endeavors.

Last edited:

PointOfOrder

Habitual Line Stepper
Reaction score
Reactions
227,987 4,182 1,037
Alleybux
She settled, but Steve actually loved her. She never accepted him for who he was. Steve balanced her neurotic and controlling as out. She had a man who was in touch with his emotions and was able to communicate his feelings.

I always hated the way SATC handled IR.

ovounruly

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,922 778 412
Alleybux
When he admitted to cheating on her in the movie, I felt that in my gut. I felt so bad for her, but not to excuse any of his behavior she was so distant and lacked so much intimacy.

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,980 9,368 4,313
Alleybux
All I'm saying is when Steve was having xes with her and she asked him if he was done I was hurt for him. I don't advocate cheating but I understand why he did it.

Rising Fast

Abundant
Reaction score
Reactions
44,460 1,594 2,102
Alleybux
Miranda told Steve she only wanted him for xes from the beginning. He wouldn’t take no for an answer.
If she was a black woman, y’all would tear her to shreds for settling with steve. She was the reason he got his sh!t together and opened his own bar.

1010winns

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
163,405 8,817 2,741
Alleybux
Did Andrew cuomo send you? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nah I’m playing, tbh I never saw it for Miranda. The fact that she got married surprised me but the relationship between them is the most realistic one. She’s a very calloused and austere woman and he’s laid back and a bit of a slacker but I know her influence had something to do with him going into business with aiden and he makes her calm tf down when she doin too much

MoneyOverLove

The Marathon Continues..
Reaction score
Reactions
537,923 10,734 5,860
Alleybux
Up until Steve got that bar I understand why she was so hesitant with him. The man had nothing and his apartment and that sh!tty suit he had hanging up would turn anyone off. However I do feel like Steve was a good man and when they were together she did everything she can to push him away. I LOVE how he checked her from jump when he told her that all attitude she had towards him was not about him.
Miranda didn't feel like Steve was worth much until she saw him with another woman and she felt like she could be lazy in their marriage (come on 6 months is too damn long) and treat him however until he hurt her.

SolasLaNehn

"When he rises, all shall see."
Reaction score
Reactions
77,961 1,793 826
Alleybux
Miranda was my favorite, but I see what you mean. I remember her putting a time limit on cuddling and told him "get on with it" during xes lmaoooo. She could be really callous and cold, but that's probably why I identify with her so much. She just couldn't open herself up emotionally and she never trusted a good thing. Miranda needed to work on being a more vulnerable to the people in her life.

Wineglass1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,242 1,320 1,799
Alleybux
Her thing was tough love. She was a alpha woman who tried to prove although she loved Steve, she could very well do without him, but I never felt like she’s disrespected him in any way. She knew what it took to get where she was and she didn’t want to lower herself in order to be with him, I guess.

The whole “ let’s just get it over with”, that seemed like her boss no-nonsense side coming out without thinking. I don’t think she meant to be mean.

I think they complemented each other.

Sugar.

You didn’t grow up with LeVar Burton and it shows.
Reaction score
Reactions
348,383 3,953 743
Alleybux
Miranda has a hard time expressing emotion. She damn near had an aneurism trying to be tough and do it all herself when her mother died. I think Steve and her having a baby really forced her to open up and get in touch with her "soft and pink" side. With that being said, let's not forget:

Steve was raggedy.

She upgraded his life and forced him into adulthood. He was perfectly fine being damn near 40 working as a bartender at a small dive bar and living in that swampy basement apartment. He benefited tremendously by having Miranda's driven personality around him.

I like SATC because everyone seemed to end up with someone that was not who they originally wanted (except Carrie) but with someone they needed in their lives. I don't think Miranda would have gotten as far in a relationship as she had with Steve if she were with a man who could out dominate her. Steve helped her chill out but didn't snuff the fire inside of her. I think a very dominant man would have dimmed her light.

ILikeYoFace

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,730 4,695 1,362
Alleybux
Miranda told Steve she only wanted him for xes from the beginning. He wouldn’t take no for an answer.
If she was a black woman, y’all would tear her to shreds for settling with steve. She was the reason he got his sh!t together and opened his own bar.
This is what I’m saying. Miranda was a lawyer and Steve ended up a business owner. She got herself a good dude (even though it was her drive that lit the fire under him).

beautyash

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,530 241 111
Alleybux
I just didn't see how a busy attorney and a bartender who works until early morning hours could pull off anything more than occasional xes. But he did help her relax and have fun more. They all ended up choosing men that I just didn't understand except for the younger guy Samantha was with.

YaManSuckedmyToes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
160,646 3,408 3,982
Alleybux
I just didn't see how a busy attorney and a bartender who works until early morning hours could pull off anything more than occasional xes. But he did help her relax and have fun more. They all ended up choosing men that I just didn't understand except for the younger guy Samantha was with.

Smith was honestly the best guy through out the whole damn show. Now how does that work??

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,698 13,178 1,668
Alleybux
Where did Steve get money for a bar? He could barely afford a place to live.

They were so unevenly matched when he was a bartender that they had to make him a business owner to make it make any sense for a long-term relationship.

I thought she settled. She had not even met his mother, who was local, until the baby's ceremony.

Delet This

That gum you like is coming back in style
Reaction score
Reactions
146,283 7,986 998
Alleybux
Where did Steve get money for a bar? He could barely afford a place to live.

They were so unevenly matched when he was a bartender that they had to make him a business owner to make it make any sense for a long-term relationship.

I thought she settled. She had not even met his mother, who was local, until the baby's ceremony.
Bartenders in NY actually make v good money. Also Aiden invested half if not much more and then Steve ran it and had the liquor license