Quantcast

UPDATE Missing Clark Atlanta student Alexis Crawford found dead

YouWishYouKnewWhoThisWas

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,359 314 12
Alleybux
This case probably won't go to trial this year either.
Is this because there is still a steep backlog caused from the pandemic? I am hoping the extra time doesn’t increase the likelihood of them getting off.

I guess they would be considered to be currently just being held since they haven’t been officially been found “GUILTY” of anything as of yet.

rasclautmangos

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,582 1,251 263
Alleybux
Is this because there is still a steep backlog caused from the pandemic? I am hoping the extra time doesn’t increase the likelihood of them getting off.

I guess they would be considered to be currently just being held since they haven’t been officially been found “GUILTY” of anything as of yet.
I don't know, there probably is a backlog. I know the state filed an appeal after the judge ruled that Brantley's confession couldn't be used. I don't see any updates on that yet.

Diane Nash

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,183 1,012 111
Alleybux
In addition to the bond hearing for Brandon on March 24, his confession has been thrown out. Meaning the prosecution can‘t use it during the trial. The prosecution is appealing this ruling and have taken it to the Georgia Supreme Court, but they‘ve yet to decide if they’ll hear the case.

Regarding the bond hearing, hopefully the judge will have the good sense not to give this guy bond. Even before he helped murder Alexis he had pending charges for assault etc. He’s a menace to society and does not need to be on the street.

Wow Brandon's confession was thrown out. I'm sure his lawyer will paint Jordyn as the mastermind

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,453 2,981 248
Alleybux
What's her IG? I remember wanting to go to Bowie growing up but this scared me
nostuntintended_ girl I remember the night it happened ! I didnt attend bowie ,I attended a city college but spent weekends at ECSU with my friends ,twitter was in a frenzy that night .

mangos

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
11,384 1,215 74
Alleybux
nostuntintended_ girl I remember the night it happened ! I didnt attend bowie ,I attended a city college but spent weekends at ECSU with my friends ,twitter was in a frenzy that night .
I remember twitter that night too. Alexis had a tweet on her page a couple days before the stabbing saying something along the lines of, "If my roommate pisses me off one more time I will stab her." The tweet was deleted when she got out of jail. Her twitter page is still up but she hasn't tweeted since she was released. It's so crazy to me that all charges were dropped. Damn, she looks the same, just more grown up

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,453 2,981 248
Alleybux
Halloween approaching and Alexis was on my mind ! I hope justice is served soon and Jordyn & Barren get what they both deserve it’s been four long years

shebasmudder

Doing it like Dominique
Reaction score
Reactions
56,850 2,243 444
Alleybux
Justice in Atlanta is slow. And this case is not even in question as to what happened. The prosecutors just don't give a fµck.

StarlessSky

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,854 1,040 531
Alleybux
Justice in Atlanta is slow. And this case is not even in question as to what happened. The prosecutors just don't give a fµck.

This has nothing to do with Atlanta’s justice system. The murder happened in October 2019. Her body was found in early November. The suspects were arrested in the middle of that month. There were the end of year holidays that closes the courts then the pandemic hit in early 2020 which essentially brought cases all over the country to a screeching halt. Once the pandemic cooled and court cases started moving forward again, this case started to move again too just last year.

The defense attorneys are doing their job in putting up legal road blocks to delay this case and the prosecution are doing their job in fighting those roadblocks. Barron’s confession was ruled as inadmissible back in May. The prosecution is appealing this ruling which is delaying the proceedings moving forward. And Barron’s attorney requested and was granted a continuance because she’s currently on trial with another client, which is also contributing to a delay in the proceeding. Furthermore Barron and Jordan requested that their cases be severed. I think the attorneys are still waiting for the courts to rule on that.

Many court dockets all over the country are still way behind due to the shutdowns from Covid. There’s no telling when this case will go to trial. It could be another year or two. I just hope it doesn’t result in a time served situation due to Barron and Alexis being in jail for years awaiting trial. I think some states don’t allow that. Not sure if Georgia is one. A defendant must be brought to trial within a specific period of time after charges are brought. Otherwise the defendant can be released.

However, being that Covid essentially delayed the docket in many states for 1.5-2 years exceptions may be allowed to that rule.

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,453 2,981 248
Alleybux
This has nothing to do with Atlanta’s justice system. The murder happened in October 2019. Her body was found in early November. The suspects were arrested in the middle of that month. There were the end of year holidays that closes the courts then the pandemic hit in early 2020 which essentially brought cases all over the country to a screeching halt. Once the pandemic cooled and court cases started moving forward again, this case started to move again too just last year.

The defense attorneys are doing their job in putting up legal road blocks to delay this case and the prosecution are doing their job in fighting those roadblocks. Barron’s confession was ruled as inadmissible back in May. The prosecution is appealing this ruling which is delaying the proceedings moving forward. And Barron’s attorney requested and was granted a continuance because she’s currently on trial with another client, which is also contributing to a delay in the proceeding. Furthermore Barron and Jordan requested that their cases be severed. I think the attorneys are still waiting for the courts to rule on that.

Many court dockets all over the country are still way behind due to the shutdowns from Covid. There’s no telling when this case will go to trial. It could be another year or two. I just hope it doesn’t result in a time served situation due to Barron and Alexis being in jail for years awaiting trial. I think some states don’t allow that. Not sure if Georgia is one. A defendant must be brought to trial within a specific period of time after charges are brought. Otherwise the defendant can be released.

However, being that Covid essentially delayed the docket in many states for 1.5-2 years exceptions may be allowed to that rule.
Thank you for explaining this (hugs) my cousin and his friend decided to rob another man may 2019 & still awaiting trail (smh) still sitting in the county jail .

I’m in North Carolina (BTW) a young lady I went to high school with ,was murdered by her Bd last spring and his even still sitting in holding ,I’ve heard it’s because Covid delayed a lot of trails

Diane Nash

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,183 1,012 111
Alleybux

Thank you for explaining the legal journey. If it's not too much trouble, why was Barron's confession ruled as inadmissible?

rasclautmangos

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,582 1,251 263
Alleybux
Thank you for explaining the legal journey. If it's not too much trouble, why was Barron's confession ruled as inadmissible?
Heres the details: Alexis Crawford murder case | Prosecutors can't use accused killer's confession and other updates

The judge outlined how on the day Brantley gave his confession, there was reason to suspect he was under the influence of drugs and could not provide a "knowing and intelligent" waiver of his Miranda rights.

"Defendant was never asked whether he was under the influence, or when he had last used drugs, although he informed the officers that he was a drug user," the judge wrote in her order.

And, the judge noted, detectives used language with Brantley to imply "that an admission, coupled with a show of remorse, would result in a lesser punishment."

"An admissible confession must be made voluntarily, without being induced by the slightest hope of benefit or the remotest fear of injury, and the State has the burden of proving the voluntariness of a statement by a preponderance of the evidence," Judge Edwards wrote. "Implying that a show of remorse would result in a lesser punishment constitutes a hope of benefit."

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,453 2,981 248
Alleybux
Sighs It’s Halloween and all I can think about is Alexis & how her life was stolen from her ! By two sorry individuals .I hope her loved ones are surrounded by love & comfort today

& Jordyn I hope while she is sitting in that cold musty cell & eating bologna sandwiches .She thinks about all the bad decisions she made all for a man who would have left anyway