Monroe Steele, fashion IG and YouTube influencer

Reactions
5,714 45 15
Alleybux
Jenee is not lol

More followers that's it

She is no where near monroe level. Especially since monroe is getting connected with fashion editors.

Not even on a sponsorship level or ambassadorship level.

Again name me a full time black blogger in NYC that is more successful than monroe

There isn't any.
I think they are on the same level tbh

Reactions
5,714 45 15
Alleybux
I can’t be the only person tired of small brands hiking their prices and not providing quality material. The Sonji stuff looks nice but it’s overpriced IMO.

Reactions
120,325 3,886 9,576
Alleybux
It's been obvious from day one. At least with Jenee- eventually her branding started to line up, even though I think she has bad taste. She has a brand new home in line with leveled up living & the wardrobe. Monroe is not even close to that-a DECADE in the game. A DECADE with her work ethic.

Monroe just doesn't have the IT factor, even on an average level. The reason people even pay attention to her is because she's loud and in your face. But if you saw her in a public place, you wouldn't turn your head. Women who have that IT factor can draw people in simply through their presence. Monroe doesn't have that which is WHY she has to work so hard. And this is also why so many of her fans like her- because they don't have it either. Monroe talks a big gapped tooth game. She needs to keep her mouth shut if she doesn't want anyone asking her questions.

She doesn't want people to ask about where she lives-then why are you even blogging about it? She doesn't want people to ask about her love life. Then WHY are you even mentioning the dating scene? She doesn't want people making comments about her money. Then WHY are you blogging about how much money you make and these spending diaries? Then turn around and rant 2x a month about the AUDACITY of people. Want people to mind their own business? Keep things private like you say you want to.

new to this thread so not sure if it was discussed but I just saw the pics Monroe posted and wondered if ppl think she’d be more successful if she was pretty? I Just saw the photos of her with that pink bralet top and the second photo of her face was just not giving anything. Like, I’m not saying she’s ugly but there’s just nothing oretty about her face. Some other influencers in that outfit or posing their face would’ve looked better. Like, ppl like looking at pretty things, scientifically. That photo did not make me want to look at more of her Bc she’s just so plain. It’s sad Bc she does work so hard I think but she’s just not nice to look at. Are there influencers who are actually pretty with her work ethic? I wonder if she has to over compensate Bc of her lack of attractiveness

Reactions
1,644 148 65
Alleybux
new to this thread so not sure if it was discussed but I just saw the pics Monroe posted and wondered if ppl think she’d be more successful if she was pretty? I Just saw the photos of her with that pink bralet top and the second photo of her face was just not giving anything. Like, I’m not saying she’s ugly but there’s just nothing oretty about her face. Some other influencers in that outfit or posing their face would’ve looked better. Like, ppl like looking at pretty things, scientifically. That photo did not make me want to look at more of her Bc she’s just so plain. It’s sad Bc she does work so hard I think but she’s just not nice to look at. Are there influencers who are actually pretty with her work ethic? I wonder if she has to over compensate Bc of her lack of attractiveness
She definitely has I enjoy her videos but honestly sometimes it’s hard for me to look at her

Reactions
367 58 56
Alleybux
I would definitely agree...she isn’t pretty at all...I think if she gets her skin under control and fix her teeth (jaw surgery) it will make a world of a difference. The jaw surgery changes your face structure. There is a such thing called “pretty privilege”. “Pulchronomics, for example, is the study of the economics of physical attractiveness. Being beautiful can make getting a job easier, make you more popular (thus giving you more social capital)”

Reactions
2,459 72 4
Alleybux
I’m gonna hurt a lot of feelings in this thread, but there is such a thing as “pretty privilege”. Monroe doesn’t have that, but I personally don’t think life is fair for most of the people on this earth. I’m sure there are women who are gorgeous and have her work ethic, I just can’t think of anyone right now.

Reactions
367 58 56
Alleybux
I’m gonna hurt a lot of feelings in this thread, but there is such a thing as “pretty privilege”. Monroe doesn’t have that, but I personally don’t think life is fair for most of the people on this earth. I’m sure there are women who are gorgeous and have her work ethic, I just can’t think of anyone right now.
I mentioned the same thing in my earlier post about “pretty privilege” some may disagree but I think Nyma Tang is stunning....her skin looks so rich

Reactions
23,907 416 223
Alleybux
I won't call her ugly (because I don't think she is) but...yeah. If it weren't for some of her extreme flaws (skin & teeth), she'd be almost nondescript.

Reactions
1,644 148 65
Alleybux
The queen of living luxurious

Attachments

• 73415D62-404A-49CA-8CF4-E0B8CCAC6699.jpeg
    73415D62-404A-49CA-8CF4-E0B8CCAC6699.jpeg
    798 KB · Views: 351
Reactions
367 58 56
Alleybux
She closed on the house. She posted it quietly on her story like last week.
Good! She needs to do big girl things and lock in a home...still wasting money though paying rent on that NYC apartment with an added mortgage. It would be awesome if she owned the NYC apartment and rent it out or Airbnb for passive income. Oh well. Well done.

Last edited:
Reactions
1,644 148 65
Alleybux
I’m still mad at Monroe for trying to convince us products are making her skin better because she’s getting paid to do so while the evidence is right here on her YouTube channel

Attachments

• FCEB98C0-E0AB-4885-A43A-5AEFB0CB6CE3.jpeg
    FCEB98C0-E0AB-4885-A43A-5AEFB0CB6CE3.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 964BB13C-8265-463F-9019-D368F26BD9E7.jpeg
    964BB13C-8265-463F-9019-D368F26BD9E7.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 220
Don't Play With Me
Reactions
23,156 262 247
Alleybux
I would definitely agree...she isn’t pretty at all...I think if she gets her skin under control and fix her teeth (jaw surgery) it will make a world of a difference. The jaw surgery changes your face structure. There is a such thing called “pretty privilege”. “Pulchronomics, for example, is the study of the economics of physical attractiveness. Being beautiful can make getting a job easier, make you more popular (thus giving you more social capital)”

Everyone is not meant to be "pretty". Maybe she is okay with who she is and those who don't like her aren't meant for her content. She's doing pretty well that she was able to quit her career and do what she loves. That takes guts....

Reactions
1,644 148 65
Alleybux
This fiend that’s been in a few of her videos lately annoys the crap out of me constantly making faces and licking her thong out
Everyone is not meant to be "pretty". Maybe she is okay with who she is and those who don't like her aren't meant for her content. She's doing pretty well that she was able to quit her career and do what she loves. That takes guts....
does she actually need jaw surgery or just braces? I’m not sure

Reactions
Alleybux
I enjoy Monroe’s videos. I just wish she’d invest in herself, given she’s an influencer. She spends a lot of money on luxury, but won’t invest in braces and a dermatologist. I find it so bizarre.

Don't Play With Me
Reactions
23,156 262 247
Alleybux
This fiend that’s been in a few of her videos lately annoys the crap out of me constantly making faces and licking her thong out

does she actually need jaw surgery or just braces? I’m not sure
Someone said earlier she needs jaw surgery. There are cases where braces aren't enough and they essentially have to do reconstructive surgery. She's probably okay with how she is and it may give her an edge to stand out because she don't look like every other YouTuber/IG influencer.

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

BLACK WOMEN ARE LOSING INTEREST IN BLACK MEN...
It’s hard to believe you go after any women at all since you’re on this black woman based forum.... arguing with women. He obviously doesn't. He...
Why are women not sympathetic to REAL trans women's plight
Lmao ok honey. You are grasping at straws and it's sad. You don't know what I mean because you are a man, I'm quite sure all women do, even the...
Jemele Hill tried it with En Vogue
Hold On Lies Give It Up, Turn It Loose Free Your Mind My Lovin (Never Gonna Get It) Don't Go Runaway Love Don't Let Go Whatever Giving Him...
Official Global Citizen VAX Live watch thread/ Meghan and Harry are Campaign chairs for Global...
i‘m slow tonight, what’s the name you are thinking? Poppy :) I talked about my name guesses here.
New Regimen and MUCH happier hair
So I ordered a little sample size of the Innersense hydrating hairbath that I know the girls love. I was already iffy about sulfate free shampoos...
Mom says she dont want to see us until we are vaccinated!
Oh okay that’s cute. Turn around for me Keep it moving u ain’t got nothing to talk about with me
RHOA Sneek Peek Porsha explains her issues with Kenya
Porsha is A) fake B) uses people to her advantage C) lies D) is long winded when challenged with a question because she cannot give a real reason...
What is the tea on Shannon Boodram??
Yup she said getting married is the only way she could be seen as serious in her profession. So homegirl LITERALLY cudda hired a man... (Which as...
Top Bottom