Quantcast

More People Should Bleach To End Colorism

KelOverKenan

KelOverKenan did the thing
Reaction score
Reactions
251,433 7,656 2,236
Alleybux
This is so dismissive of the issue of colourism. Jfc what were you thinking?
957A7118-FD04-45BD-8B91-B266B39218DF.png

Litay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,721 1,398 275
Alleybux
I find the double standard of relaxing/perming hair and bleaching funny.

In those recent gina curl/relaxer threads it’s “mind your business”, “they’re doing what’s easiest”, “it’s convenient” but when we see a skin bleacher they’re considered the devil incarnate. Even though they’re both chemical applications to a whiter beauty standard.

I don’t support either, but they’re both seen so differently.

I don't understand why people get so angry with skin bleachers. You would think they're going around pouring bleach and acid on other people. Piling onto, dragging, and attacking people who clearly have low self esteem is not going to make them love themselves or keep them from bleaching. They're literally just the result of colorism and anti blackness. I wish we would focus more on uplifting dark skin and our natural skin tones.

Also, as much as people love to say bleachers always look a mess...it's honestly not true. I've known and seen people who bleach that have a normal natural looking skin tone. It's usually the people who don't know what their doing or can't afford better products that end up looking terrible.

Y’all be more mad at ds people for speaking out about colorism than the people who perpetuate and keep it going.

Imagine where the colorism discussion would be if instead of gaslighting, calling people jealous/bitter, and scolding them for speaking out; we actually uplifted them and held perpetrators accountable.

Its so much easier to blame ds people and say your tired of hearing it. It’s so much easier to look down on someone while telling them to pull themselves up by the bootstraps, with your foot on their back. Y’all soooooo tired of hearing it. IMAGINE LIVING IT!

Most of the people who come flying into these threads (to intentionally deflect the conversation or tell people to get over it) are a huge part of the problem, but they hardly ever get called out.
You can’t be tired of it, but also in every thread about it whining and wondering why it still exists. It’s truly insanity.

Exactly!!

Last edited:

Rhett

LSA's full-raised well-raised bastid is TransLion
Reaction score
Reactions
89,583 6,203 5,147
Alleybux
I get your point, but there needs to be dark people so that light people have the evil darkiesss to scapegoat. If everyone was the same skin tone, what would most of LSA have to talk about?
Features and hair.

emptybubbles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,684 461 239
Alleybux
OP can you rephrase what you said. I feel like you're trying to say something but I'm missing it. You lost me after the second paragraph. I don't want to preliminarily judge your solution/idea/critique/sarcasm before I really understand what you saying cuz I know some people have a weird way of explaining things. I have friends like this and I be breaking my brain trying to follow them.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I know it wont end colorism. It would probably make it worse tbh. But goddamn the way yall are in this site is so annoying. You all claim light skin people have more privilege in society and according to certain fonts "more desirable". If I can find the quote I'll insert it here.

But then you claim dark skin women are just soo jealous because ls women are treated better. As if dsbw dont have a right to want better treatment too. (This is a whole other topic but why should dsbp take the backseat and be ok with ls people being on a pedestal of course theres going to be resentment anyway I digress.)

If we all agree the ls people get more opportunities and treated better why do we hate skin bleachers so much?

Maybe if the fonts who are so obsessed with being light skin would just stfu and go bleach then we wouldn't have so many of these threads.

And black people need to destigmatize bleaching because it doesnt make sense to go on about how being ls provides you a better quality of life and then go judge ds people for wanting to be light skin and have access to those privileges.

idontevenkno

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,279 3,321 2,295
Alleybux
I know it wont end colorism. It would probably make it worse tbh. But goddamn the way yall are in this site is so annoying. You all claim light skin people have more privilege in society and according to certain fonts "more desirable". If I can find the quote I'll insert it here.

But then you claim dark skin women are just soo jealous because ls women are treated better. As if dsbw dont have a right to want better treatment too. (This is a whole other topic but why should dsbp take the backseat and be ok with ls people being on a pedestal of course theres going to be resentment anyway I digress.)

If we all agree the ls people get more opportunities and treated better why do we hate skin bleachers so much?

Maybe if the fonts who are so obsessed with being light skin would just stfu and go bleach then we wouldn't have so many of these threads.

And black people need to destigmatize bleaching because it doesnt make sense to go on about how being ls provides you a better quality of life and then go judge ds people for wanting to be light skin and have access to those privileges.

Awww aren’t you the font that made a whole ass thread acting bothered that people on here didn’t like weed all bcus you smoke it yourself? girl, WASSUP???

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
116,023 5,186 2,852
Alleybux
OP can you rephrase what you said. I feel like you're trying to say something but I'm missing it. You lost me after the second paragraph. I don't want to preliminarily judge your solution/idea/critique/sarcasm before I really understand what you saying cuz I know some people have a weird way of explaining things. I have friends like this and I be breaking my brain trying to follow them.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I appreciate you actually trying to understand this lol cause I'm not trying to actually tell people to go bleach. I tried to be satirical and absurd but almost make a point and it didnt work. My point is until were ready to actually to stop colorism we shouldn't judge bleachers. Alot of fonts say they hate bleachers and are disgusted by them but dont have that energy towards people who perpetuate colorism.

We also dont have that energy for anyone who modifies their body to conform in other ways such as perms, tanning, plastic surgery etc.

There are also alot of fonts who make so many post about how life as a ls person must be better because they have more privilege. I'm not disagreeing with that. But they put so much energy into thinking about ls privilege instead of fighting colorism they might as well become a ls person and just keep it moving because clearly its what they want.

As long as colorism exists were gonna have people chasing whatever they perceive to give them privilege. Whether its lace fronts or bleaching. Why do we antagonize these people instead of attacking the real battle which is colorism itself.

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
116,023 5,186 2,852
Alleybux
Awww aren’t you the font that made a whole ass thread acting bothered that people on here didn’t like weed all bcus you smoke it yourself? girl, WASSUP???

Ew relax. Nobody was mad lol I asked why people dont like weed. I live in a legalized state so I could really give a fµck who likes it or not

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
116,023 5,186 2,852
Alleybux
Y’all be more mad at ds people for speaking out about colorism than the people who perpetuate and keep it going.

Imagine where the colorism discussion would be if instead of gaslighting, calling people jealous/bitter, and scolding them for speaking out; we actually uplifted them and held perpetrators accountable.

Its so much easier to blame ds people and say your tired of hearing it. It’s so much easier to look down on someone while telling them to pull themselves up by the bootstraps, with your foot on their back. Y’all soooooo tired of hearing it. IMAGINE LIVING IT!

Most of the people who come flying into these threads (to intentionally deflect the conversation or tell people to get over it) are a huge part of the problem, but they hardly ever get called out.
You can’t be tired of it, but also in every thread about it whining and wondering why it still exists. It’s truly insanity.

This is exactly my point though. This is what I'm trying to say. We have more smoke for bleachers and ds people instead of putting that energy towards fighting against colorism. Until we actually do we can judge people who bleach or who have lacefronts etc. They're a symptom of a larger problem.

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
116,023 5,186 2,852
Alleybux
Let me also add I hate the way this site act like LS/non-black women can never be jealous of a darker woman.. I've face MOST of my bullying from non-black women and mixed women... and I blame society for this because they teach these women that DS beautiful women do not exist and when they meet one they lose their minds...

I know alot of light skin women who are jealous of darker skinned women whether it's due to beauty, attention, their personality. It's just a lie that people tell to brown and darker skinned women to further put ls people on a pedestal.

Do men get told their jealous of their ls friends?

BRIAAAA

THE BUCKS WILL PREVAIL. IN MILWAUKEE WE TRUST
Reaction score
Reactions
85,105 3,660 1,439
Alleybux
We should have an awards for worst post of the year. Or is there already a thread for that?

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
116,023 5,186 2,852
Alleybux
I get what you trying to say but you not saying it right..

This site tends to only talk about LS black women/girls getting bullied but rarely truly acknowledge DS black women/girls side of the story... I've literally seen when any subject come up a LS black women direct it towards people being jealous of them.. this is very antagonizing.. and it's usually the most average looking..right at cute girls that do this..(that's another subject) but of course such statements will make a person push back..

From my experience...the blacker you look as a woman the more crap you will face.. for this site to be obtuse on the subject is very frustrating to watch.. sometimes I just stop debating about it..

The problem is due to this obtuse nature within out community is the reason we will continue to keep screaming at Zendaya when she gets a role as a black woman... because we do not address our own hypocrisy..

Yesss exactly. As women it's harder for us because whether we want it to be true or not our looks are our capital. Looks are not everything but people do treat us differently based on our looks especially men.

I dont blame women who feel like they dont feel like they fit into that "look" and start to bleach. maybe they feel they have no other options but to change because of society around us.

We have messages of light skin literally being a privilege being forced down our throats by media, ls people and even other dark skin people so we need to put our energy towards that instead of being mad that a girl wants to lighten up a few shades to get more job or dating opportunities

Kawaiilover

Lover Of All Things Cute!❤
Reaction score
Reactions
55,585 483 346
Alleybux
so you’re just going to straight up lie now?

tumblr_nzs5hwtatA1v2c2c0o1_400.gifv

What is the truth, Laya96? Do you pick and choose what color you are that day based on whether the topic benefits you or not?

Gotdamn I rlly like her font too. OP this is wayyy outta left field coming from you

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
116,023 5,186 2,852
Alleybux
Gotdamn I rlly like her font too. OP this is wayyy outta left field coming from you

Idk why that font is acting like someone cant be brown but light skinned in relation to someone else. But anyway damn sorry to disappoint lol but I feel like what I'm really trying to say isnt being expressed if you read a few comments up you'll see where I actually explain myself.

emptybubbles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,684 461 239
Alleybux
I appreciate you actually trying to understand this lol cause I'm not trying to actually tell people to go bleach. I tried to be satirical and absurd but almost make a point and it didnt work. My point is until were ready to actually to stop colorism we shouldn't judge bleachers. Alot of fonts say they hate bleachers and are disgusted by them but dont have that energy towards people who perpetuate colorism.

We also dont have that energy for anyone who modifies their body to conform in other ways such as perms, tanning, plastic surgery etc.

There are also alot of fonts who make so many post about how life as a ls person must be better because they have more privilege. I'm not disagreeing with that. But they put so much energy into thinking about ls privilege instead of fighting colorism they might as well become a ls person and just keep it moving because clearly its what they want.

As long as colorism exists were gonna have people chasing whatever they perceive to give them privilege. Whether its lace fronts or bleaching. Why do we antagonize these people instead of attacking the real battle which is colorism itself.

Ok. Understood and I agree. It's very easy to ridicule the people who bleach but given the colorism situation, it's a foreseeable and natural (although extreme) response to the situation.

Kind of reminds of it being the norm for young people in certain Asian countries to get surgeries straight out of high school as a gift from their parents so they can get ahead in an extremely competitive working environment. It seems extreme but at the same time, people will do what they have to do to get ahead in life especially if the odds are stacked against them and unless we plan on dismantling the thing that causes them to act in those ways it doesn't make sense to ridicule them with the energy that we do.

Arianaaa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,971 394 129
Alleybux
I’m not bleaching sh!t but some weave Lol!! I love my Brownskin and never had a problem however I get it Spice from LHHATL talked about this and how colorism is affecting many women especially in other countries. Ive even heard songs encouraging darker women to bleach along with the over advertisement of it.. I wish healing and blessings to all the women feeling less than because of a color that society has deemed negative !!!

Lori O

Real Talk
Reaction score
Reactions
30,537 2,903 2,135
Alleybux
Bleach in private, no one cares!
Besides the bleachers are still insecure when they see a dark skin confident beautiful woman. So it never ends.

LovelyLamp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,425 7,392 1,172
Alleybux
But I'm not wrong though lol. I just got out of a thread where everyone unanimously agreed ls people have privilege and are seen as more "desirable" but then we turn around and stigmatize and shame bleachers. Why?

Bleaching won’t lead to being treated better because everybody that bleaches looks like sh!t. They look like ghosts to be more specific. Nobody that bleaches ever looks good. Plus if you bleach, you have to do it forever. It’s not a one time thing. So you’re saying for the rest of our lives we have to wear this dangerous cream in order to keep our skin colour light?

QueeninJeans

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,097 1,066 409
Alleybux
Bleaching doesn’t produce a natural looking shade and doesn’t it cause cancer? Anyway dsbw should just divest from the black American community completely. Black Americans accept black men and light skin Black women only and light skin men less often than darker black men. It’s disgusting.

IrisOsiris

Last friday night
Reaction score
Reactions
101,863 3,302 3,198
Alleybux

i agree with your premise, that bleachers shouldn't be made fun of since they're doing what they can to try to better their opportunities by attaining lighter skin, but the issue i have with it is multiple things:
1) health concerns
2) lifelong bondage to bleaching, especially so if you marry a guy under 'false pretenses'. you basically have to keep up the ruse of being lightbright just so the man doesn't lose his attraction to you when he finds out you're really of a darker hue
3) it makes it more acceptable to do, which then normalizes it, which then makes it the new status quo- and hopefully you can see why bleaching becoming the status quo it a major problem- it would force black women who don't want to be socially compelled to bleach to do it, much like how ubiquitous relaxers were in the 90s because black women would shame other black women away from natural hair. we don't want to repeat that toxicity and conformity
4) it doesn't change the fact that if you have children (again, going back to marriage/dating/reproduction) they are still going to be darker...so what's the next move, forcing your daughters to bathe in bleach from the time they're in diapers? because many bleachers do go that far, which is very dangerous for poor innocent babies and children. many bleachers would rationalize bleaching their baby girls, following your same logic of "well it'll make her life easier" when all they're doing is damaging her skin and organs.

Layani

I dont care, do you?
Reaction score
Reactions
116,023 5,186 2,852
Alleybux
i agree with your premise, that bleachers shouldn't be made fun of since they're doing what they can to try to better their opportunities by attaining lighter skin, but the issue i have with it is multiple things:
1) health concerns
2) lifelong bondage to bleaching, especially so if you marry a guy under 'false pretenses'. you basically have to keep up the ruse of being lightbright just so the man doesn't lose his attraction to you when he finds out you're really of a darker hue
3) it makes it more acceptable to do, which then normalizes it, which then makes it the new status quo- and hopefully you can see why bleaching becoming the status quo it a major problem- it would force black women who don't want to be socially compelled to bleach to do it, much like how ubiquitous relaxers were in the 90s because black women would shame other black women away from natural hair. we don't want to repeat that toxicity and conformity
4) it doesn't change the fact that if you have children (again, going back to marriage/dating/reproduction) they are still going to be darker...so what's the next move, forcing your daughters to bathe in bleach from the time they're in diapers? because many bleachers do go that far, which is very dangerous for poor innocent babies and children. many bleachers would rationalize bleaching their baby girls, following your same logic of "well it'll make her life easier" when all they're doing is damaging her skin and organs.

You're completely right. All of those would pose a problem. This is just my half baked 3am idea at getting rid of the people who put ls on a pedestal and make others feel bad even when they are brown themselves. Ultimately the best thing we could do is love ourselves and get rid of colorist ideas which I think is happening! The way we see and appreciate brown people online is so different from just a few years ago. We are making improvements and I'm happy to see brown girls and boys being proud and happy with their complexion and not being treated less than by members in our own community. Colorism is getting to be played out and I'm happy for that.