Quantcast

Motown Era

S M A L L Z.

<span style="font-weight: bold;font-family: Times
Reaction score
Reactions
127,716 72 10
Alleybux
I find it so intriguing. Definitely a lot of drama during those days.

Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, The Supremes, The Isley Brothers, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Rick James, Lionel Richie, Teena Marie and so much more.

Anybody got Motown tea?

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,863 494,864 222,832
Alleybux
i really dont have much tea but i did hear a rumor about marvin gaye wanting to rip david ruffin's head off over tammi. he held him responsible for her death.

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux
i really dont have much tea but i did hear a rumor about marvin gaye wanting to rip david ruffin's head off over tammi. he held him responsible for her death.

wow, Marvin tea....

really now...

he loved him some tammi didnt he :struggle:

smarthigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,183 4 3
Alleybux
diana ross was passed around motown more than a syringe. slept her way all the way to gordy. the rest is history.

Basically the cliff notes version of the story.

I really hope Spike or some body jumps on making that era into a TV show or something. Like a black, musical Mad Men: Vintage, glamourous and scandalous. The only problem is it will never see the light of day because too many of the characters are still alive and they don't want their dirty draws (Diana, I'm looking at you :disdain:) aired. What they are going to do is the same old "Dreamgirls" bµllsh!t with the cloaked "veiled" identities. I'm suprised that was never at least a film idea. Seriously.

But this next to the Harlem Renassiance is a fascinating time in black history. Just wish more people would talk about. Hell, even write about it.

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux

I really hope Spike or some body jumps on making that era into a TV show or something. Like a black, musical Mad Men: Vintage, glamourous and scandalous. The only problem is it will never see the light of day because too many of the characters are still alive and they don't want their dirty draws (Diana, I'm looking at you :disdain:) aired. What they are going to do is the same old "Dreamgirls" bµllsh!t with the cloaked "veiled" identities. I'm suprised that was never at least a film idea. Seriously.

But this next to the Harlem Renassiance is a fascinating time in black history. Just wish more people would talk about. Hell, even write about it.

omg, I would watch that show religiously....
Maybe you should present the concept to Spike, lol.

KimberlyWest

LSAWishTheyHadKimsHair
Reaction score
Reactions
233,716 12,106 28,701
Alleybux

Yea... I read that David beat her so much, with many of the blows being delivered to her head... that he and others felt that those ass kickings may have contributed to the brain tumor she had.

Manks

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,587 13
Alleybux

Exactly. A Motown era mini-series, movie, or tv show could probably have more drama than Young & the Restless but I know some people would jump up fast to keep some of that dirty laundry from being aired.

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux
Yea... I read that David beat her so much, with many of the blows being delivered to her head... that he and others felt that those ass kickings may have contributed to the brain tumor she had.

and to think....I love the temptations....sigh

so sad.

S M A L L Z.

Reaction score
Reactions
127,716 72 10
Alleybux
wow @ Tammi Terrell, I just read she passed at 24.

Did Marvin and Tammi Terrell have something going on??? Or was their relationship platonic?

Music.Box

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
100,939 2,823 160
Alleybux
i_love_motown_postage-p172470083519590677anrr2_210.jpg

I just felt like posting that, I really do love motown of the 60's and 70's.

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux
À LA GRACE.;5177704 said:
wow @ Tammi Terrell, I just read she passed at 24.

Did Marvin and Tammi Terrell have something going on??? Or was their relationship platonic?

I dont think I've ever read about them actually having a romantic relationship...but who knows....
he obviously loved her very much...

S M A L L Z.

Reaction score
Reactions
127,716 72 10
Alleybux
I dont think I've ever read about them actually having a romantic relationship...but who knows....
he obviously loved her very much...

She was really pretty too...so sad that she died so young.

SmashingFaces

I Smashed.
Reaction score
Reactions
56,043 741 548
Alleybux

i heard this too. its a rumor that he knocked her over the head with a hammer once. smh

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux
À LA GRACE.;5177729 said:
She was really pretty too...so sad that she died so young.

Yes she was.

and I love that they weren't faking it...Diana and Marvin didnt look as good as this!
marvintammi.jpg

they had real chemistry...they just look so comfy together... so sad...both their lives...

CaramelnMotion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,553 1,262 203
Alleybux
What I wanna know is:

1) Did Diana Ross ever sleep with Billy Dee Williams (who stars in "Motown" funded films; what's his tie to Gordy?)

2) Did Ms. Ross show ass at Florence's funeral?

3) Who did Ms. Ross say was her daughter's father before it was leaked that it was Gordy's or did the daughter know & they all kept it from others?

*Note: Motown drama mainly stems from one common factor: Diana "fµck!ng" Ross LOL

KimberlyWest

LSAWishTheyHadKimsHair
Reaction score
Reactions
233,716 12,106 28,701
Alleybux
Did yall know that the son that Marvin and Anna Gordy adopted during their marriage is rumored to be a son that Marvin fathered with Anna's 15 yr old niece? Apparently Anna was sterile and really wanted a kid that would still in a way be related to her, so her and other members of the Gordy family encouraged Marvin to xes up the niece. :beat-up:

KimberlyWest

LSAWishTheyHadKimsHair
Reaction score
Reactions
233,716 12,106 28,701
Alleybux
What I wanna know is:

1) Did Diana Ross ever sleep with Billy Dee Williams (who stars in "Motown" funded films; what's his tie to Gordy?)

2) Did Ms. Ross show ass at Florence's funeral?

3) Who did Ms. Ross say was her daughter's father before it was leaked that it was Gordy's or did the daughter know & they all kept it from others?

*Note: Motown drama mainly stems from one common factor: Diana "fµck!ng" Ross LOL

Diana did go to Florence's funeral. I saw it on Unsung on TVOne.

AnnaMae Bullock

Youtube Closet Case
Reaction score
Reactions
11,365 266 135
Alleybux
Everyone held him responsible for Tammi's death. She died of an aneurysm or head injury complications that many believe resulted from Ruffin striking her in the head with a bat years before. My mother said Marvin went to reclusion for 10 years or more after her death.

Anywho, there is already a thread with good Motown era tea. The Womacks were the slimiest.

LOL at Diana Ross being the Kim Porter of Uptown in her day!

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux
Did yall know that the son that Marvin and Anna Gordy adopted during their marriage is rumored to be a son that Marvin fathered with Anna's 15 yr old niece? Apparently Anna was sterile and really wanted a kid that would still in a way be related to her, so her and other members of the Gordy family encouraged Marvin to xes up the niece. :beat-up:

I heard this...

lol

Idk...sometimes people make up stuff, but It could be true...

smarthigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,183 4 3
Alleybux
omg, I would watch that show religiously....
Maybe you should present the concept to Spike, lol.

If I could, girl I would. See this is why I get so frustrated with Black Hollywood at times. They wait for the ideas to come to them, they don't chase them. It's ridiculous. We can be glamourous and business savvy in real life, we can defintely be that in film and TV. We have all these great stories, all theses great black icons whose stories need to be told. Do they realize how many people would love that sort of thing? Old Hollywood 1960's glamour and drama? People would eat that up. But you got black directors recycling the same bµllsh!t over and over again with the ******* and buffoonary. smh :struggle:

To answer the question about Diana going to the funeral of Florence, she went, went dressed as "Diana!" in her furs and stuff and made a big scene. Bish was just messy.

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux
Everyone held him responsible for Tammi's death. She died of an aneurysm or head injury complications that many believe resulted from Ruffin striking her in the head with a bat years before. My mother said Marvin went to reclusion for 10 years or more after her death.

Anywho, there is already a thread with good Motown era tea. The Womacks were the slimiest.

LOL at Diana Ross being the Kim Porter of Uptown in her day!

this tells me there was something more between them...maybe...

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,863 494,864 222,832
Alleybux
I already posted this in the tea dammit thread. A friend of mine who knew Randy debarge back in the early 80's and reconnected with him in the early 2000's told me this:

• Debarges were ripped off there royalties, Berry is making all the money off stay with me, A dream and I like It
  • El Debarge has around 13 kids and is barely able to support them.
  • After his Heart, Mind and Soul Album flopped, his brother bobby died and the pressure to support his "village", El gave up and went hardcore with drugs though Randy didn't disclose what kind of drugs he was using.
  • El is Packin like 10 inches ( she saw him butt naked with three girls in 81' at his home in Grand Rapids) and was a womanizer back in the day explaining why he has so many kids.

Berry Gordy was so cheap that he never wanted to spend money on making videos for the debarges to promote there music. There first and last video Rythmn of the night was part of a movie and was thus cheaper to make.

I'm gonna try to get in touch with her so I can post more tea here because she told me she has more tea on other Motown acts like Marvin, Teena Marie, Rick James and Michael Jackson.

She's pretty old fashioned and doesn't enjoy using computers too much but I'll see what kind of tea I can get.

S M A L L Z.

Reaction score
Reactions
127,716 72 10
Alleybux
If I could, girl I would. See this is why I get so frustrated with Black Hollywood at times. They wait for the ideas to come to them, they don't chase them. It's ridiculous. We can be glamourous and business savvy in real life, we can defintely be that in film and TV. We have all these great stories, whether it's the ancient kingdoms of Ghana, Mali, Songhai or the the emergence of the "Black Wall Street" in the south before it was burned down, or all theses great black icons whose stories need to be told. Do they realize how many people would love that sort of thing? Old Hollywood 1960's glamour and drama? People would eat that up. But you got black directors recycling the same bµllsh!t over and over again with the ******* and buffoonary. smh :struggle:

:good:

So true!

KimberlyWest

LSAWishTheyHadKimsHair
Reaction score
Reactions
233,716 12,106 28,701
Alleybux
For all the Marvin lovers... here's an interview with Janis Gaye. Marvin met Janis when she was 16 and it was love at first sight... supposedly he was recording "Let's Get It On" when she was at the studio the first day they met and the reason the song is so passionate is because he was looking at her while he sang.

Tavis Smiley . Shows . Jan Gaye . April 1, 2009 | PBS

:dead: @ Janis saying that her and her mother were BOTH trying to get with Marvin. SMH.

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux
If I could, girl I would. See this is why I get so frustrated with Black Hollywood at times. They wait for the ideas to come to them, they don't chase them. It's ridiculous. We can be glamourous and business savvy in real life, we can defintely be that in film and TV. We have all these great stories, whether it's the ancient kingdoms of Ghana, Mali, Songhai or the the emergence of the "Black Wall Street" in the south before it was burned down, or all theses great black icons whose stories need to be told. Do they realize how many people would love that sort of thing? Old Hollywood 1960's glamour and drama? People would eat that up. But you got black directors recycling the same bµllsh!t over and over again with the ******* and buffoonary. smh :struggle:

uhmmm, lol.

Maybe the directors do actually write these types of scripts and scenarios but they get turned down :struggle:
Maybe the studio's dont want it....?
They would rather have movies like Twilight.... smh....

But your right...there are some great stories waiting to be told.
especially Motown stories.

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux
I already posted this in the tea dammit thread. A friend of mine who knew Randy debarge back in the early 80's and reconnected with him in the early 2000's told me this:

• Debarges were ripped off there royalties, Berry is making all the money off stay with me, A dream and I like It
  • El Debarge has around 13 kids and is barely able to support them.
  • After his Heart, Mind and Soul Album flopped, his brother bobby died and the pressure to support his "village", El gave up and went hardcore with drugs though Randy didn't disclose what kind of drugs he was using.
  • El is Packin like 10 inches ( she saw him butt naked with three girls in 81' at his home in Grand Rapids) and was a womanizer back in the day explaining why he has so many kids.
Berry Gordy was so cheap that he never wanted to spend money on making videos for the debarges to promote there music. There first and last video Rythmn of the night was part of a movie and was thus cheaper to make.

I'm gonna try to get in touch with her so I can post more tea here because she told me she has more tea on other Motown acts like Marvin, Teena Marie, Rick James and Michael Jackson.

She's pretty old fashioned and doesn't enjoy using computers too much but I'll see what kind of tea I can get.

oooohh, sounds good :pwink:

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux
For all the Marvin lovers... here's an interview with Janis Gaye. Marvin met Janis when she was 16 and it was love at first sight... supposedly he was recording "Let's Get It On" when she was at the studio the first day they met and the reason the song is so passionate is because he was looking at her while he sang.

Tavis Smiley . Shows . Jan Gaye . April 1, 2009 | PBS

:dead: @ Janis saying that her and her mother were BOTH trying to get with Marvin. SMH.

wow, oke...that song is pretty passionate...
Marvin liked teenagers I see, lol.

AnnaMae Bullock

Youtube Closet Case
Reaction score
Reactions
11,365 266 135
Alleybux
Never heard this. My mom said he took a bride from Soul Train though, underage bride I believe. Lol, he birthed the "jump-off" syndrome with that one.

smarthigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,183 4 3
Alleybux
Well, rumor has it and this is something that's been floating around for years:

Rumor has it that Diana left Motown of RCA not entirely for contractual or Monetary reasons but because of a fling with a certain former child star turned pop icon with a popular moniker that's intials are K.O.P.

It's not certified or even hot tea but it's a rumor that's been out there. I'm not saying nothing but just roll with it.

Another rumor is Diana and Berry had a threesome with a popular white Motown act.

She's also rumored to have slept with Lionel Richie but who knows how true that is.

Restinga

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
215,626 1,214 824
Alleybux

Rumor has it that Diana left Motown of RCA not entirely for contractual or Monetary reasons but because of a fling with a certain former child star turned pop icon with a popular moniker that's intials are K.O.P.

It's not certified or even hot tea but it's a rumor that's been out there. I'm not saying nothing but just roll with it.

Another rumor is Diana and Berry had a threesome with a popular white Motown act.

She's also rumored to have slept with Lionel Richie but who knows how true that is.

:struggle: whaaaaa.....

white motown act....why is my mind blank, lol.

Cosmogram

In My Own League
Reaction score
Reactions
100,906 1,817 1,392
Alleybux
So since we are on the subject of the Debarges...

Does anybody have any hot tea on Janet Jackson and James Debarge's "alleged child"?
47cdd9138992f.jpg

Reaction score
Reactions
25,460 10 3
Alleybux

Chris Clark?

chrisclark_68_lo.jpg

And LMAO at the second one. K.O.P= King of Pop.

News Alley

Ask LSA

General Alley

Top Bottom