Motown Era

Sweet Peaches

*~Sweet Peaches~*
Reaction score
Reactions
244 16 1
Alleybux

• FB_IMG_1559297233739.jpg
  • I remember reading in a biography about Marvin that he didn't care for Prince (especially after he hit it big with "I Wanna Be Your Lover"). A lot of the reviewers at the time were referring to Prince as a new xes symbol. As some might remember, Marvin was referred to as the Prince of Motown and was considered to be one of the sexiest black men in the business at that time. He kind of felt that Prince stole some of his thunder.
lol. that's a new one. i have NEVER heard that one before.

Not quite accurate. Diana grew up with and had known Smokey and Richard Street before they ever joined Motown and became famous. In fact, she dated Eddie Kendricks when they were with the Primes and the Primettes before fame and fortune smiled upon them. Diana was apparently head over heels for Eddie. She went nuts when he moved on and got married. She wanted Eddie real bad. She said he was "every woman's dream". I believe he was, with his lean, sexy self. Eddie was bae!
FB_IMG_1559297233739.jpg

Last edited:

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,561 5,565 5,239
Alleybux
Eddie was so gorgeous, had that slim, sexy swag that I loved and a falsetto that was out of this world! Love him!

Sweet Peaches

*~Sweet Peaches~*
Reaction score
Reactions
244 16 1
Alleybux
Eddie was so gorgeous, had that slim, sexy swag that I loved and a falsetto that was out of this world! Love him!

Have you ever noticed that little wisp of grey hair on the right side of his head? I just think it's so cute! Dannng... Eddie made grey hair look sexy. It's amazing how truly gorgeous Eddie Kendricks was.

Isn't it strange how Eddie actually got even more handsome as he aged? He could sing and dance his cute behind off! I'm going to try to locate a video and post a link of him really cutting up onstage while singing ''Keep On Trucking". He tore it up! At the end of that video, Eddie went all in with his sexy self.:beauty

Sweet Peaches

*~Sweet Peaches~*
Reaction score
Reactions
244 16 1
Alleybux
Have you ever noticed that little wisp of grey hair on the right side of his head? I just think it's so cute! Dannng... Eddie made grey hair look sexy. It's amazing how truly gorgeous Eddie Kendricks was.

Isn't it strange how Eddie actually got even more handsome as he aged? He could sing and dance his cute behind off! I'm going to try to locate a video and post a link of him really cutting up onstage while singing ''Keep On Trucking". He tore it up! At the end of that video, Eddie went all in with his sexy self.:beauty

Sweet Peaches

*~Sweet Peaches~*
Reaction score
Reactions
244 16 1
Alleybux
Okay, found the video!
It's not the best quality, but Eddie's part is hilarious. Right near the end, when he hops back up onto the stage, he really shows out starting at 18:00. He's jamming with those long legs and his cute self.:emoji_heart_eyes::emoji_kissing_heart::emoji_kiss:

Sweet Peaches

*~Sweet Peaches~*
Reaction score
Reactions
244 16 1
Alleybux
Okay, found the video!
It's not the best quality, but Eddie's part is hilarious. Right near the end, when he hops back up onto the stage, he really shows out starting at 18:00. He's jamming with those long legs and his cute self.:emoji_heart_eyes::emoji_kissing_heart::emoji_kiss:

Fast forward on this video to near the end when Eddie leaves the audience and goes back up on-stage singing KEEP ON TRUCKING. Y'all know how he does his dance? He added a little something to it for y'all.

The quality of the video isn't so great, but that part near the end is pretty decent. Check it out!

Sweet Peaches

*~Sweet Peaches~*
Reaction score
Reactions
244 16 1
Alleybux
Florence Ballard Daughters and More | Celeb Familia

Not certain how much truth this is, but allegedly Diana Boss set up a trust fund for Flo Ballard’s daughters and they never received the money.

That woman was really something else, wasn't she? She was beyond ambitious, she was ruthless! May God have mercy on her soul.

I think she lost it over Eddie Kendricks. When he married someone else, instead of her, she went straight CRAZY! Eddie was fine as hell though! Diana Ross once said that "Eddie was every woman's dream". She would know! WOW, Eddie!
7bfef26c8608ea5aeeca3bf8ed8fe739.jpg

JessicaL

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
255,189 7,356 3,645
Alleybux
Why would Diana and Gladys clash over a business decision by Berry Gordy? Diana Ross was asked, by Berry Gordy and Suzanne DePasse (Motown's A&R head), to claimed to have discovered The Jackson 5 in order to boost their careers, not hers. She was the bigger star with the largest audience. It was more beneficial for her to present them to the world.

Of course she denied it. Preferential treatment for Ross was winning an argument or two. What many also leave out is that he chided her with equal fervor since a lot was riding on her shoulders. Many women at Motown and within the industry were romantically involved with Berry Gordy before, during, and after Diana and yet she is singled out. Through the 60's The Supremes had the same writer-producers as other acts. By the success of 1972's Lady Sings The Blues, a project that garnered tens of millions of dollars worldwide, Ross was cemented as an international superstar. Motown collected every time she sold a record or a concert ticket.

The problem people have is that Ms. Ross is the antithesis of traditional, stereotyped Black female performers. She rose to the top at a time when Blacks were barely allowed to perform at certain venues and were mostly expected to whoop & holler like it was Sunday at AME Baptist church. Her sound, look, glamour, grace, articulation, and diva persona was unheard of and most don't indentify with it. Which is why you have 20 year olds complaining about Ross as if she's personally done something to them. You don't know her, only what she represents. This level of disdain is pathological.

If we're going to make moral judgments about others' xesual habits, let's put everyone's business on the table. BTW, how many people have you Diana Ross commentators slept with? How would y'all like if people judged you guys, which y'all are doing in an effort to hide your jealousy of Diana Ross? Jealousy is what's really going on here. Don't you think it's strange that these people can remember a litany of her supposed "sins" & repeat them at will, when they cannot do the same in their own lives? These people are so caught up in their envy, jealousy & bitter resentment of Diana's continued success, they always give away their true motivations. Instead of envying hers, they should follow her example & create their own success, but, they're too WEAK to do that, so, they'll just sit on life's sidelines, throwing dirt at the people who actually have the guts, drive & focus to take action & make their dreams come true.

Omg. This is a 9 year old comment but these are my thoughts also

ToniEve

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,184 237 25
Alleybux
Well, rumor has it and this is something that's been floating around for years:

Rumor has it that Diana left Motown of RCA not entirely for contractual or Monetary reasons but because of a fling with a certain former child star turned pop icon with a popular moniker that's intials are K.O.P.

It's not certified or even hot tea but it's a rumor that's been out there. I'm not saying nothing but just roll with it.

Another rumor is Diana and Berry had a threesome with a popular white Motown act.

She's also rumored to have slept with Lionel Richie but who knows how true that is.

If so, hopefully it was before the "Brenda Ritchie" days cause we all know she was handing out ass whippings like...

200w.webp

ToniEve

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,184 237 25
Alleybux
That woman was really something else, wasn't she? She was beyond ambitious, she was ruthless! May God have mercy on her soul.

I think she lost it over Eddie Kendricks. When he married someone else, instead of her, she went straight CRAZY! Eddie was fine as hell though! Diana Ross once said that "Eddie was every woman's dream". She would know! WOW, Eddie!
View attachment 966913

His own daughter(who is the spitting image of him) said as much on his UNSUNG episode...Diana was on some stalker-type sh!t.. showing up at the house, screaming for him, some real crazy ish! LOL!!

Sweet Peaches

*~Sweet Peaches~*
Reaction score
Reactions
244 16 1
Alleybux
Can you imagine the TEA she has?

100.webp

Can you recommend any books about Motown that spoke about Eddie Kendricks in depth? Eddie was so intensely private, it's hard to learn anything about him other than his music career. Drives me crazy!

ToniEve

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,184 237 25
Alleybux
Can you recommend any books about Motown that spoke about Eddie Kendricks in depth? Eddie was so intensely private, it's hard to learn anything about him other than his music career. Drives me crazy!

I honestly don't know of any that specifically details his life..Watching his "unsung" episode was the most I learned about him..

Sweet Peaches

*~Sweet Peaches~*
Reaction score
Reactions
244 16 1
Alleybux
Thank you! His Unsung is no longer available online. Why, I have no idea. I've never seen it. I've read many comments about it, and I would love to see it! Sweet Eddie!
kendricks5.jpg

Nykereyah

BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
9,464 107 45
Alleybux
Any tea about the artist from the 1960s and 1970s? Perhaps any tea of any Motown beef or drama? Like for example I heard Diana Ross and Berry Gordy had an affair

Pizzana

Making These Dumb Heauxs Mad
Reaction score
Reactions
101,140 2,872 2,023
Alleybux
Gotta search, there's plenty of that kinda tea here on LSA

As far as Diana Ross was concerned, she broke up one of the "happy homes" Berry Gordy was in and he was so infatuated with Diana that he gave her favor over the other girls in her group The Supremes. He got her pregnant in 1970 and Diana ended up marrying her White Jewish Manager while still pregnant and raised the baby as his. She finally admitted to her daughter (Rhonda Ross Kendrick) that Berry Gordy was her real father in 1984.

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,535 33,082 27,391
Alleybux

As far as Diana Ross was concerned, she broke up one of the "happy homes" Berry Gordy was in and he was so infatuated with Diana that he gave her favor over the other girls in her group The Supremes. He got her pregnant in 1970 and Diana ended up marrying her White Jewish Manager while still pregnant and raised the baby as his. She finally admitted to her daughter (Rhonda Ross Kendrick) that Berry Gordy was her real father in 1984.
Now dark as that girl is how th hell would she keep that a secret. Smh.
Diana is a messy b!tch.
She also can't sing and looks like a rat in the face.
I do not understand why people thought she was so appealing.
Talentless and spent her time sucking and fµck!ng to the top

LittleMissCupcake

┌☆┐
Reaction score
Reactions
22,923 782 51
Alleybux
Lmao so y'all just don't wanna tell me nothing huh?

It's threads on here about gossip from back in the day. You can Google them. I'll link them if I can find them. One thing I can say is Diana Ross and Marvin Gaye did not get along. Marvin couldn't stand to be in the same room with Diana.

Dangnabit100

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,447 1,464 474
Alleybux

Berry was not married and the white dude she married was not her manager.

Dangnabit100

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,447 1,464 474
Alleybux
That Bobby Womack tea is something to behold. Sam Cooke was the manager of the Womack boys. When Sam died, Bobby hooked up with Sam's wife Barbara. A few years later, it was alledged that Barbara caught Bobby in bed with her daughter from Sam. Then this same daughter eventually married Bobby' s brother. Good grief!

stellamaris

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
38,846 476 269
Alleybux
People have spilled several times that Marvin Gaye got his wife Anna's niece pregnant (the girl was Denise Gordy, who is actually Bianca Lawson's mother). She was only 16/17 and Anna adopted her son not long after.

That Motown thread was filled with all types of tea.

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom