Quantcast

Movies That Ended Up Disturbing You Instead of Being Entertaining

emptybubbles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,684 461 239
Alleybux
I don't know what I came into Apostle expecting but it wasn't what it gave me. It wasn't interesting, insightful or entertaining, the characters were all either boring or unlikeable, and some of the deaths later in the movie were just flat out disturbing. Just ended up leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth. If you want to dry-heave, cringe, and cry for 2 hours and 10 minutes, have a watch.

apostle-poster-aith-min.jpg

Popular1234

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,560 733 275
Alleybux
The Passion of the Christ

Kids - I saw this movie when I was young and I swore to myself I would NEVER have xes :ROFLMAO:

Anything from the “Black Trauma” genre. I don’t understand why people keep watching and celebrating those...:cry:

MoonPie

Stuck in the Middle of Nowhere
Reaction score
Reactions
205,634 15,870 190
Alleybux
Kuso is the weirdest and grossest movie I've ever tried to watch. It shows the after effects of some earthquake that triggered the apocalypse. I thought it would be interesting because I like campy horror movies and I wanted to show some love since it had a majority black cast. George Clinton was even in it. It's just dumb and gross for the sake of being gross. It made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't find anything better on Shudder at the time but I turned it off.

Agent Syd

If I'm on timeout, it's because I called out a yt
Reaction score
Reactions
150,202 5,125 2,822
Alleybux
Jacob's Ladder. That movie is disturbing on EVERY level, from the very real TRUTH it low-key exposed about our government and the sick experiments done on soldiers during the Vietnam war, to the esoteric light it sheds on what happens to your soul as you cross over. I'm good on never watching that movie ever again.

Roxanne01

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
79 3 4
Alleybux
I don't know what I came into Apostle expecting but it wasn't what it gave me. It wasn't interesting, insightful or entertaining, the characters were all either boring or unlikeable, and some of the deaths later in the movie were just flat out disturbing. Just ended up leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth. If you want to dry-heave, cringe, and cry for 2 hours and 10 minutes, have a watch.

View attachment 2480778
Midsommar no doubt

Bel Esprit

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,367 102 17
Alleybux
The Passion of the Christ

Kids - I saw this movie when I was young and I swore to myself I would NEVER have xes :ROFLMAO:

Anything from the “Black Trauma” genre. I don’t understand why people keep watching and celebrating those...:cry:
I was an adult when I saw kids. That sh!t was disturbing.

wonderstar

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,787 1,941 1,504
Alleybux
Get Out - I felt something that I can't explain. I need to watch it again but it left me uneasy. I feel there is something spiritual about this film.

Parasite - really sad film, just made me feel life is truly unfair, and that people are destined to be poor and won't make it out. which is the truth. I liked that it didn't sugar coat anything.

yesyas

ETSY: YSREADINGS
Reaction score
Reactions
113,897 3,680 899
Alleybux
Mother

I heard the scathing reviews and thought hell let me give it a try. It was weird and downright HORRIBLE. And then when THAT moment happened I was completely done. The movie had not point nor any redeemable characters. I’ve hated both Affronsky and Jennifer Lawrence ever since.

Teddy28

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,630 1,072 350
Alleybux
Martyrs 2008 film.
It was heartbreaking what the main character went through and the other main character took her life halfway through film due to trauma suffered by cult who use women mainly young ones to suffer horrifically to transcend to the after life and still be alive to tell them what exists in the afterlife and they feel the only way to find this out is through their subjects being tortured relentlessly and be on the brink of death without being dead.

It pissed me off so bad that the Martyr Anna went through all that torture and pain and suffering just for some old YTs society could learn what is in the afterlife by making young and older women suffer to almost no end being fed gruel, beaten to a pulp and then letting them suffer slowly and then going further and further most of time the subjects are victims because they die from the torture so never trancend, and Martyrs are subjected to even worse after they've survived the torture part.

Spoiler: The main character Anna, is beaten to a pulp, has hair cut off, force fed gruel, and forced to use a bucket under a chair cutout to urinate and crap, then is flayed alive with the torturer cutting her skin with regular scissors to increase the pain and then strung up on a bar type machine with a heat lamp on her further causing pain to boil pure flesh that is left and finally trancends.

Most disturbing and horrible things in the film.

1. Lucy being tormented by imagination of woman she left behind and self harming herself because of the trauma, then slitting her throat to escape it.
2. Anna being flayed alive but her face was left in tact.
3. Woman Anna found in torture chamber with her entire body cut up and a metal visor nailed into her skull and metal underwear on.
4. The fact that the cult never get they comeuppance after all the torture and murders and atrocious things they did to the women and young girls they kidnapped.
5. Fact that the entire cult was basically yt and older yt people and most if not all the women they kidnapped to use as subjects were non YTs.
6. Anna being shown at the end in a canitonic state on medicated bath table left to die alone.

Dumbest thing I found about cult, I don't know why they were so eager to find out what is in the after life, because if it does exist NONE of them would see or experience the good part seeing as they tortured, mutilated and murdered all those women and young girls for who knows how long to get that information. The only thing they will experience is the bad or the same they have inflicted on all of their subjects for eternity. These fools could not have ever considered that part seriously because the only ones to go to the good part is the women that suffered at they hands. Mademoiselle was selfish to kill herself before telling them because it could have ended with Anna being the last subject since she was the only one to survive and be able to tell what she had seen when she transcended. Now the cult will probably continue since the only person Anna told the information offed herself. Anna went through all that sh** for no good reason, I wish she would have left with that woman to get her to hospital because she had a car she drove there to help Lucy, it made no sense she stuck around in there that long when police could have come at any point.

Last edited:

MsSetGood

…she was a deep cognac color…
Reaction score
Reactions
91,985 2,588 93
Alleybux
her
girl with the dragon tattoo

cosign on precious and for colored girls

Rebelle Noire

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
104,565 2,307 1,999
Alleybux
image_9c09b0f0.jpeg

That movie was already weird and absurd from the get-go but halfway through it, it takes a turn to "WTFever is this?!" territory. I was yelling :sob:

Ty1994

✨✨✨
Reaction score
Reactions
67,673 2,965 975
Alleybux
This movie fµcked me up and was one of those movies that I couldn’t get out of my head afterwards. I watched this in high school like 10 years ago and I still think about it. Great movie but I’ll never watch it again

809F5351-548F-4574-85A5-97E9199AE523.jpeg

Also RIP Anton
:rose

the_spiral

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,697 641 151
Alleybux
image_9c09b0f0.jpeg

That movie was already weird and absurd from the get-go but halfway through it, it takes a turn to "WTFever is this?!" territory. I was yelling :sob:
It was ok enough at first but totally lost me with the horse people subplot. I mean...wtf??

For me the most disturbing one was Last House on the Left (the old version.) I don’t know what I was thinking watching it. The whole movie was vile from beginning to end and I felt anxious and sick to my stomach.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,502 76 14
Alleybux
The Girl Next Door. I'm a horrorhead, but this was almost too much for me. It's a true story which makes it even more horrific.