Quantcast

Moving to San Antonio

Caremel44

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,417 319 24
Alleybux
I will be moving to San Antonio soon, anybody have any advice? The last time I was in San Antonio was years ago and I remember the traffic the most. Anyways what are some of y’all’s favorite food spots and hobbies I plan on continuing doing pole fitness and aerials so I found a few places.

aloeveratea

Robert "Boo Boo the Fool" Foolhardy's Student
Reaction score
Reactions
1,439 38 21
Alleybux
Benny's on walzem has the best Mexican food. Outside of taco shops tho it's 90% chains.

As for advice I'd say set firm boundaries with the black people you met there. If they call you uppity or proper or disrespect you cut em off and keep moving. If they're coworkers, be professional. Friends need to be snipped. The black people in SA are scammers typically or just rude for no damn reason. I lived there for 23 years and I don't talk to a single soul from there bc they hate being held accountable and most of them are emotionally closed off and thrive in dysfunction.

Renee Bledsol

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,803 231 152
Alleybux
I have now lived here for 2 years and it fµck!ng sucks. I don't have an issue with the Black people here because we virtually don't exist here (7% of the population). The traffic is okay compared to other cities in Texas, but they drive slow and fµck!ng dangerous. All they do is eat and drink here, literally. If you are a single black woman who is not mixed race...good luck dating. The men here generally seem to prefer...well you will see lol. There is no true diversity (I fell for that one) and it is very apparent. The Black community is often depicted as the worse, but take a trip to the West or Southside....And the shooting...random acts of violence... Higher crime rate than Dallas and Houston....HIV rate..... High obesity...High poverty....I hope you are in the military and can leave. I wish I would have listened to ppl who tried to warn me and I would have stayed in Dallas lol Good Luck

Arianaaa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,971 394 129
Alleybux
I have now lived here for 2 years and it fµck!ng sucks. I don't have an issue with the Black people here because we virtually don't exist here (7% of the population). The traffic is okay compared to other cities in Texas, but they drive slow and fµck!ng dangerous. All they do is eat and drink here, literally. If you are a single black woman who is not mixed race...good luck dating. The men here generally seem to prefer...well you will see lol. There is no true diversity (I fell for that one) and it is very apparent. The Black community is often depicted as the worse, but take a trip to the West or Southside....And the shooting...random acts of violence... Higher crime rate than Dallas and Houston....HIV rate..... High obesity...High poverty....I hope you are in the military and can leave. I wish I would have listened to ppl who tried to warn me and I would have stayed in Dallas lol Good Luck
Not one lie told the cost of living in cheaper but I’m moving back to NC in June but if I do come back I’m going to Houston or Dallas there are NO black people here I may have seen less than handfuls since being here and these spanish folks are TRUMP supporters surprisingly.

aloeveratea

Robert "Boo Boo the Fool" Foolhardy's Student
Reaction score
Reactions
1,439 38 21
Alleybux
The west and south side are no go areas for negros. I grew up there, idk how much the cultures changed since 2017 but I grew up being warned not to go fµck with the Mexicans on they side of town. People like to forget in some Texas cities Mexicans pretend they have white privilege. The cops in SA are Mexican, the Admins and managers are Mexican, if there's a position of power there's a Mexican in the seat next to a white man. If you dealing with Latinos you better do it on the east side (neutral territory but last I checked they're pushing black ppl off the east side and onto the northeast) bc if not you will get your feelings hurt. I rarely went more west than Northstar mall at night.

Caremel44

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,417 319 24
Alleybux
I am military, hopefully I’m not there too long. I really want to go back to the east coast.

UbuTheDog

The Good Pureblood Dog. WOOF!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
37,110 4,938 1,758
Alleybux
Not one lie told the cost of living in cheaper but I’m moving back to NC in June but if I do come back I’m going to Houston or Dallas there are NO black people here I may have seen less than handfuls since being here and these spanish folks are TRUMP supporters surprisingly.

Yep.

San Antonio is the land of Mexican R€dnecks.

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,778 11,969 10,198
Alleybux
Wow. I spent three wonderful weeks in SA. While most of the black people I associated with due to my job and of course Church. The church folk were absolutely wonderful. I would suggest you find a good Bible believing black church in SA. The Hispanic people I ran into were nice also. Also, one of the black men who was with me for the business trip, did not like it at all! And he likes white women. LOL. He felt SA was racist towards him. At the time we lived in North Carolina.

FemmeKween

ooooh, caresha, why they laughing?
Reaction score
Reactions
16,733 146 55
Alleybux
Same! I rarely, if ever, see another Black person when I'm out and about doing simple errands. You can't have an issue with something if you never interact with it in the first place. Where I live is mostly yt and Mexican American people, and it's not very comfortable for me honestly. People always assume it's the yt people you have to worry about in terms of racism, but that's not true. Believe me, I thought the same way until I moved here. They believe themselves to be right on par with yt people, and some of them even look it. I don't go out much but I did when I first got here and I can honestly say I don't like the people here.

The Far West Side isn't bad in terms of crime. This part being the closest to the Northwest (re: La Cantera Parkway), where all the more affluent people live. It's a little pricey though, but it's quiet and there's not much crime to speak of. It's closest to Sea World and it's all fairly new developments on that side of town. I've talked to some of the older natives from my job, and they say most of that area didn't exist 15 or 20 years ago. I guess you can say it's the more gentrified part of the West side but a little further out. It's still in the city limits but the city itself is constantly growing outwards anyway. There's always new bridge and highway construction going on.

It's cheap in comparison to other major cities, but I've been talking about leaving this city for the last couple of years. Being here has honestly turned me off from Texas as a whole. I know some of the other major cities aren't like this, but I have a difficult time separating the city from the state. I've even contemplated moving back home, and I haven't changed my mind about that. When I initially visited here all those years ago, I did like it because it was something new. But visiting the city for a short period of time is way different than living there full time. When you visit, you're only going to see the pros. When you move here, that's when you're really going to see the full picture of what it's like. I still wouldn't recommend moving here though. If you're a single Black woman, this isn't the place for you.

Caremel44

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,417 319 24
Alleybux
Wow. I spent three wonderful weeks in SA. While most of the black people I associated with due to my job and of course Church. The church folk were absolutely wonderful. I would suggest you find a good Bible believing black church in SA. The Hispanic people I ran into were nice also. Also, one of the black men who was with me for the business trip, did not like it at all! And he likes white women. LOL. He felt SA was racist towards him. At the time we lived in North Carolina.
What church did you guys go to?