Quantcast

Muhammad Ali and his second wife Khalilah Ali

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
My mother actually named me after one of his daughters with Khalilah. I will not say which, but many African-Americans were into naming their children African names at the time (some of which were Arabic). My mother couldn't decide, found this particular name in a book of African names, and then decided on it once seeing that one of his daughters was named that.

Anyway, I wanted to use this thread to post Khalilah's parents who I had not seen until I looked at Rasheda Ali's Instagram today.

Khalilah's mother:

Khalilah's father:

Muhammad and Khalilah:

621c2443-152d-4705-960c-fa98ac222b63-smallScale_KHALILAHALIPIC4.JPG

61n-CdcXklL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

20150410_zaa_d20_228.jpg

b034c1a5b7b537f7809ae62201553551.jpg

01cc55b9-1b7d-40e9-adcc-df04f6e4cb07-smallScale_KHALILAHALIPIC10.JPG

sport-boxing-pennsylvania-usa-22nd-august-1973-former-heavyweight-picture-id79662901

large.jpg

b4e04015847cfacd50c915ed94f5f9ef.png

f2c7fdb12b9d144d4f7fb96afdb43a7c.jpg

Muhammad, Khalilah, and Muhammad's mother Odessa:

712685_Ugva4Dc2.jpg

Khaliah:

khalilah-ali-and-muhammad-ali-jr-circa-1974-in-pennsylvania-picture-id527561069

Twin daughters Rasheda and Jamillah Ali with Michael Jackson:

186a284e9a1eb620d79357b23ac0f4db.jpg

16137319316729_Jamillah-and-Rasheda-Ali-are-Muhammad-Ali%27s-daughters..jpg

Daughter Maryum Ali:

8uCdTnVN.png

As a bonus, Muhammad with his father Cassius, mother Odessa, and brother Rudy/Rahman:

Feel free to discuss. I have read so much about Muhammad Ali that I feel I know too much, but if there's anything you want to talk about, have at it.

Last edited:

PClemenza

Louisiana Creole Californian
Reaction score
Reactions
16,405 1,102 210
Alleybux
Nice pictures! He made some beautiful kids.

I didn’t know his twin daughters and his only biological son (Muhammad Jr.) had the same mom. Genetics are amazing.

48496842-81A1-4D2D-B8A7-7C8BA221148E.jpeg

59480634-D285-43BD-B165-9DACB59DFC65.jpeg

2AD2A705-474C-4490-A74F-9AF90D42E219.jpeg

I remember when one of his twin daughters son went viral. People didn’t believe that Muhammed Ali was his grandfather lol.

8FCC7738-95A3-453A-90FB-5B462C3B0FFB.jpeg

4B421D3A-8553-41A8-AFB1-72E3B41F5251.jpeg

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
Nice pictures! He made some beautiful kids.

I didn’t know his twin daughters and his only biological son (Muhammad Jr.) had the same mom. Genetics are amazing.

View attachment 2540452

View attachment 2540472

View attachment 2540456

I remember when one of his twin daughters son went viral. People didn’t believe that Muhammed Ali was his grandfather lol.

View attachment 2540463
View attachment 2540464
Yes! LSA has some crazy ass threads about his grandson. Haha. I didn’t want to get into that, but his daughters Rasheda and Jamillah married white men, so they had some white-looking biracial kids.

MarYsol

The world is your oyster now..
Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux
I know genetics is funny but those twins and that son always looked suspect to me. You can definitely tell that his other kids are his though, even the adopted one look like him.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
I know genetics is funny but those twins and that son always looked suspect to me. You can definitely tell that his other kids are his though, even the adopted one look like him.
Yeah, the twins and son look nothing like Muhammad.

I think the twins and sons look more like Khalilah's side, I guess. I kind of see their features in Khalilah and their maternal grandfather.

MarYsol

Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux

I think the twins and sons look more like Khalilah's side, I guess. I kind of see their features in Khalilah and their maternal grandfather.
That's exactly who they look like. The twins look like her parents and the son looks just like her (the unattractive version). I wouldn't be surprise if khalilah step out on Ali though. After all he cheated on her heavily and humiliated her in public. If she did, then I can't blame her.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
That's exactly who they look like. The twins look like her parents and the son looks just like her (the unattractive version). I wouldn't be surprise if khalilah step out on Ali though. After all he cheated on her heavily and humiliated her in public. If she did, then I can't blame her.
I was reading a book about Muhammad called His Life and Times by Thomas Hauser and Maryum had some harsh words to say about Veronica Porche but loved Lonnie Ali. You could tell she felt salty about her father cheating on her mother.

I hope they squashed that beef and all get along now because I think Muhammad cheated on Veronica, too.

MarYsol

Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux
I was reading a book about Muhammad called His Life and Times by Thomas Hauser and Maryum had some harsh words to say about Veronica Porche but loved Lonnie Ali. You could tell she felt salty about her father cheating on her mother.

I hope they squashed that beef and all get along now because I think Muhammad cheated on Veronica, too.

Yea I read that may may didn't like Veronica and view her as an opportunist. But It was either her or another woman. Because Ali cheated on all his wives. Khalilah was well aware ,she spoke about finding women hiding under the bed and so on. What made her left was how Ali humiliate her by parading around with Veronica in Manila.

Its funny how ppl perspective on others differ. May may like Lonnie but I remember reading that Jr and Rahman didn't have nice things to say about her.
All his kids are close to.each other from what I see on their social media. I think jr only has a relationship with his full siblings though.i know for sure he and laila doesn't have a relationship as she stated in an interview.

Last edited:

suesnell

♒️
Reaction score
Reactions
201,873 10,066 5,710
Alleybux

I was thinking the grandson looks like his uncle.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
I was thinking the grandson looks like his uncle.
He does. I see it in his facial features, particularly his nose. He looks fully Italian or something to me, though.

Yea I read that may may didn't like Veronica and view her as an opportunist. But It was either her or another woman. Because Ali cheated on all his wives. Khalilah was well aware ,she spoke about finding women hiding under the bed and so on. What made her left was how Ali humiliate her by parading around with Veronica in Manila.

Its funny how ppl perspective on others differ. May may like Lonnie but I remember reading that Jr and Rahman didn't have nice things to say about her.
All his kids are close to.each other from what I see on their social media. I think jr only has a relationship with his full siblings though.i know for sure he and laila doesn't have a relationship as she stated in an interview.
Yes, I was looking at their social media accounts today and they all seem close, which is good. They probably got over whatever feelings they had.

Why didn’t Jr. and Rahman like Lonnie? I’ve heard nothing but good things about her, but maybe I didn’t dig deep enough.

I liked reading about his first wife Sonji. Their marriage ended because she wouldn’t convert to Islam.

MarYsol

Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux
He does. I see it in his facial features, particularly his nose. He looks fully Italian or something to me, though.

Yes, I was looking at their social media accounts today and they all seem close, which is good. They probably got over whatever feelings they had.

Why didn’t Jr. and Rahman like Lonnie? I’ve heard nothing but good things about her, but maybe I didn’t dig deep enough.

I liked reading about his first wife Sonji. Their marriage ended because she wouldn’t convert to Islam.
Something about her keeping him away from them. If u search in Google u will find articles come up about them. The article even said jr and his kids lived in poverty in some hood in Chicago. Honestly, the son and brother come off as leeches to me, like bums. All his other children appear to be successful and also had no complaints about not being able to see him while he was alive. I always see them post pics with him and one of them (miya) even lived with him for some time. So clearly something is wrong with jr and rahman.
I think the best wife was Lonnie. Sonji was "out there", and she smoked too. She wouldn't be the right woman to represent his image for the man he became. Even veronica carried herself more modestly and she wasn't a Muslim.

Halle Barely

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
50,608 2,890 1,017
Alleybux
So who’s Lailas mother? Whenever she talks about her siblings I get the impression that they’re not very close.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
Something about her keeping him away from them. If u search in Google u will find articles come up about them. The article even said jr and his kids lived in poverty in some hood in Chicago. Honestly, the son and brother come off as leeches to me, like bums. All his other children appear to be successful and also had no complaints about not being able to see him while he was alive. I always see them post pics with him and one of them (miya) even lived with him for some time. So clearly something is wrong with jr and rahman.
I think the best wife was Lonnie. Sonji was "out there", and she smoked too. She wouldn't be the right woman to represent his image for the man he became. Even veronica carried herself more modestly and she wasn't a Muslim.
I don’t know about Rahman, but Jr. definitely has some issues. I saw a recent thread about him leaving his wife after he got his inheritance from the estate and I think he might be on drugs. That man is sketch and always in some mess. He made some off the wall comments about BLM last year and Rasheda got online and shut that down. She let the media know her father was a proud Black man and clearly would have supported BLM.

Yes, Sonji was out there and a waitress before she married Muhammad. She just wouldn’t conform to what he wanted out of a wife, so it had to end. She seemed very sweet when she was being interviewed, though.

I think the best wife was Lonnie, too, but Khalilah was also a pretty good wife. I think Lonnie is from Kentucky as well and her mama was friends with Muhammad’s.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux

MarYsol

Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux
I don’t know about Rahman, but Jr. definitely has some issues. I saw a recent thread about him leaving his wife after he got his inheritance from the estate and I think he might be on drugs. That man is sketch and always in some mess. He made some off the wall comments about BLM last year and Rasheda got online and shut that down. She let the media know her father was a proud Black man and clearly would have supported BLM.

Yes, Sonji was out there and a waitress before she married Muhammad. She just wouldn’t conform to what he wanted out of a wife, so it had to end. She seemed very sweet when she was being interviewed, though.

I think the best wife was Lonnie, too, but Khalilah was also a pretty good wife. I think Lonnie is from Kentucky as well and her mama was friends with Muhammad’s.
Yea i.think he is a druggie too. Apparently he pawn some of his dad memrobilia a few years back for a few bucks. I think the video might still be on youtube.
Yea May may did comment against jr about his statements regarding blm . Laila said the same thing in an interview that Jr had issues so she doesn't deal with him.

Yea sonji seems cool from interviews in fact all his wives were. The reason I say Lonnie is because she is more business savy. Good thing he ended up with her in his last days because if it wasn't for her he probably would be broke and forgotten. She helped preserve that man legacy. Khalilah was a good Muslim wife but thats about it.she wasn't financially responsible or business savy. Apparently at one point she was working as a waitress. I think she blow through her divorce settlement.

MarYsol

Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux
Yes, Veronica gave birth to his daughters Laila and Hana. She was Creole. I did a thread on Laila and Veronica for Mother’s Day. See here:

Happy Mother's Day from Laila Ali and Veronica Porche Ali!
I have read some ppl comments on past thread about Ali being colorist and likes them light skin. Which I don't believe . For him all it takes is a pretty face. Anyways I think it's funny how the light skin Creole woman( that alot of Ali fans dislike) he married, her two children with him ended up marrying very dark skin black man. And one of them gave him his black grandchildren. While his Muslim wife children all have children by white men.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
Wtf is mgm?
It just means multigenerationally mixed. His mother was Black, but she was very light-skinned and had more European ancestry than your average African-American.

Here you can read all about his ancestry:

Muhammad Ali was a legendary American professional boxer, activist, and philanthropist. He is considered the greatest heavyweight fighter in the history of the sport. He was nicknamed “The Greatest.”

Muhammad was the son of African-American parents, Odessa Lee (Grady) and Cassius Marcellus Clay. His brother is boxer Rahman Ali. He was a descendant of pre-Civil War era American slaves in the South. He was born Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr., and he and his father were named after abolitionist Cassius Marcellus Clay. He was given the name Muhammad Ali in the mid 1960s, when he was twenty two, by Nation of Islam leader Elijah Muhammad.

Muhammad was married to Yolanda (“Lonnie”) Williams, until his death. He had at least nine children, including four with his former wife, actress and martial artist Khalilah Ali; a daughter with Aaisha Ali; two with his former wife, actress and model Veronica Porché Ali; and a son with Yolanda.

Muhammad’s maternal great-grandfather, Abe Grady, is often said to have been an Irish emigrant, from County Clare, who moved to Kentucky, but this is evidently incorrect. No Irish-born people named Abe or Abraham Grady appear on any Kentucky censuses. The Abe Grady who was Muhammad’s maternal great-grandfather was almost certainly an African-American man, born in Kentucky.

One of Muhammad’s maternal great-great-grandfathers, Armstead S. Morehead, was white, and had English, Scottish, Welsh, and Swedish ancestry. Through this great-great-grandfather, Muhammad was also descended from Bartholomew Taliaferro, an Italian man who moved to England in the 1500s.

Muhammad’s paternal grandfather was Herman Heaton Clay (the son of John Henry Clay and Sarah “Sallie” Anne Frye/Fry). Herman was born in Kentucky. Sallie was said to have been born in Madagascar.

Muhammad's paternal grandmother was Edith Edean Greathouse (the daughter of James Montgomery Greathouse and Betsy Jane Alexander). Edith was born in Kentucky. Betsy was the daughter of Wesley John Alexander and Patsy Fry. Wesley was the son of Archer Alexander (c. 1810, Virginia – December 8, 1880, St. Louis, Missouri), a former slave, who was the model for the slave in the Emancipation Memorial located in Lincoln Park. A biography of Archer, The Story of Archer Alexander: From Slavery to Freedom, March 30, 1863, was written by William Greenleaf Eliot, 1885.

Muhammad’s maternal grandfather was named John Lewis/Louis Grady (the son of Abraham “Abe” Grady, and of a woman surnamed Walker). John was born in Kentucky. Muhammad’s great-grandmother was the daughter of Lewis Walker and Amanda “Mandy” J.

Muhammad’s maternal grandmother was Birdie Bell Morehead (the daughter of Thomas/Tom Morehead and Elizabeth “Lizzie” Bibb). Birdie was born in Kentucky. Thomas was the son of Armstead/Amistead S. Morehead and Dinah. Elizabeth was the daughter of Abram Bibb and Rachael Ferguson.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
Yea i.think he is a druggie too. Apparently he pawn some of his dad memrobilia a few years back for a few bucks. I think the video might still be on youtube.
Yea May may did comment against jr about his statements regarding blm . Laila said the same thing in an interview that Jr had issues so she doesn't deal with him.

Yea sonji seems cool from interviews in fact all his wives were. The reason I say Lonnie is because she is more business savy. Good thing he ended up with her in his last days because if it wasn't for her he probably would be broke and forgotten. She helped preserve that man legacy. Khalilah was a good Muslim wife but thats about it.she wasn't financially responsible or business savy. Apparently at one point she was working as a waitress. I think she blow through her divorce settlement.
Lonnie is definitely best. She preserved that man's money and legacy. She will always have my respect, but I didn't dislike the other wives either.
I have read some ppl comments on past thread about Ali being colorist and likes them light skin. Which I don't believe . For him all it takes is a pretty face. Anyways I think it's funny how the light skin Creole woman( that alot of Ali fans dislike) he married, her two children with him ended up marrying very dark skin black man. And one of them gave him his black grandchildren. While his Muslim wife children all have children by white men.
I don't think Ali was colorist when it came to women. His first wife Sonji was dark-skinned. His second wife Khalilah was brown like him and his last two wives Veronica and Lonnie were light-skinned. It seems all of his wives and mistresses were Black of varying hues. You know that man took a lot of pride in the fact that he never slept with a white woman. He loved Black women. Too much one could say.

Still, I do understand him being accused of colorism due to his comments/"trash talk" about Joe Frazier. He apologized for it, but the things he said were very cruel to a man who was darker than him and Joe seemed hurt by it. That was not okay and one of his worst moments. I understand people being upset about that and accusing him of colorism.

Yes, I noticed that Laila and Hana married dark-skinned Black men while Rasheda and Jamillah married white men. I think one of his other daughters is also married to a white man. Khaliah, I believe? Is that the adopted one? I do find it funny, though.

Jr. was married to a dark-skinned Black woman and had children with her. So Muhammad has plenty of Black grandkids.

MarYsol

Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux
Lonnie is definitely best. She preserved that man's money and legacy. She will always have my respect, but I didn't dislike the other wives either.

I don't think Ali was colorist when it came to women. His first wife Sonji was dark-skinned. His second wife Khalilah was brown like him and his last two wives Veronica and Lonnie were light-skinned. It seems all of his wives and mistresses were Black of varying hues. You know that man took a lot of pride in the fact that he never slept with a white woman. He loved Black women. Too much one could say.

Still, I do understand him being accused of colorism due to his comments/"trash talk" about Joe Frazier. He apologized for it, but the things he said were very cruel to a man who was darker than him and Joe seemed hurt by it. That was not okay and one of his worst moments. I understand people being upset about that and accusing him of colorism.

Yes, I noticed that Laila and Hana married dark-skinned Black men while Rasheda and Jamillah married white men. I think one of his other daughters is also married to a white man. Khaliah, I believe? Is that the adopted one? I do find it funny, though.

Jr. was married to a dark-skinned Black woman and had children with her. So Muhammad has plenty of Black grandkids.
Yes one of the lowest point in his life to me is how he treated Joe .I get selling a fight and all that but he really hurt that man feelings in front of a white audience plus joe kids got bullied because of it . Not cool.

Yes let me clear up some stuff, I just remember one of the twins jamillah has two daughters who are black that I don't think are for her white husband. Her son for the white man looks very white like rasheda's kids.
Khaliah is his bio daughter and yes she married a white man, her son resembles Ali too.
Yes jr kids are black too. Oh and his other daughter Miya has a black son too. So yea Ali does have alot of black grandchildren.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
Yes one of the lowest point in his life to me is how he treated Joe .I get selling a fight and all that but he really hurt that man feelings in front of a white audience plus joe kids got bullied because of it . Not cool.

Yes let me clear up some stuff, I just remember one of the twins jamillah has two daughters who are black that I don't think are for her white husband. Her son for the white man looks very white like rasheda's kids.
Khaliah is his bio daughter and yes she married a white man, her son resembles Ali too.
Yes jr kids are black too. Oh and his other daughter Miya has a black son too. So yea Ali does have alot of black grandchildren.
I didn't know Jamillah had Black kids! I only knew about the one son with a white man. Do you have pictures of them? Is this one?

Also, I get now why you thought the twins looked suspect. They looked more mixed than both of their parents, but I think the combination of light skin with the maternal grandfather's features made them look that way.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux

I also looked more into May May and I am glad to see she is doing well. I didn't know she worked in the rap industry and then left because of misogyny. She reminds me of Angela Davis's niece Eisa Davis who also worked in that industry and then left.

MarYsol

Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux
I didn't know Jamillah had Black kids! I only knew about the one son with a white man. Do you have pictures of them? Is this one?

Also, I get now why you thought the twins looked suspect. They looked more mixed than both of their parents, but I think the combination of light skin with the maternal grandfather's features made them look that way.

Yes one is Amira and other nadia I think. They use the last name Ali. The husband last name is Joyce. The little boy name has joyce as a last name. Besides the last name you can tell that the white man is not their daddy plus unlike Rasheda , jamillah and this man hasn't been marry for that long. And the girls are adults one probably finish college already.

Yes them twins look straight up Indian, with their straight hair. I don't know I guess u could be right, Ali has some admixture and Khalilah does too. So who knows

Attachments

• Jamillah-Ali-Daughters.jpg
    Jamillah-Ali-Daughters.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 151
  • download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 131

MarYsol

Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux
I also looked more into May May and I am glad to see she is doing well. I didn't know she worked in the rap industry and then left because of misogyny. She reminds me of Angela Davis's niece Eisa Davis who also worked in that industry and then left.

Oh yea i do remeber reading something about her rap career. Good for her though, I believe she now works as a social worker.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
Yes one is Amira and other nadia I think. They use the last name Ali. The husband last name is Joyce. The little boy name has joyce as a last name. Besides the last name you can tell that the white man is not their daddy plus unlike Rasheda , jamillah and this man hasn't been marry for that long. And the girls are adults one probably finish college already.

Yes them twins look straight up Indian, with their straight hair. I don't know I guess u could be right, Ali has some admixture and Khalilah does too. So who knows
Oh, beautiful girls and you can see Muhammad in them, too! I thought the girl in the picture on her IG must be her daughter because she looked like Muhammad. Now I see that she is.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
Oh yea i do remeber reading something about her rap career. Good for her though, I believe she now works as a social worker.
Yes, she even went undercover in a prison to help with suggestions on reform. She is serious about it and good for her. Glad she's found something she is passionate about.

chrissywo

The Baby Mama of Levi Ackerman
Reaction score
Reactions
10,530 1,060 946
Alleybux
It just means multigenerationally mixed. His mother was Black, but she was very light-skinned and had more European ancestry than your average African-American.

Here you can read all about his ancestry:

did you make that up? I’m sure back in those days she was still classified as negro.

MarYsol

Reaction score
Reactions
37,825 2,584 2,528
Alleybux
did you make that up? I’m sure back in those days she was still classified as negro.
She didn't make it up, I have seen many African Americans use that term. Yes those ppl would still be classified as black especially during that era where the one drop rule was in effect. Other e.g. of mgm ppl are Lena horne,Adam Clayton powell, etc. Ppl who clearly are mixed race but identified as black nometheless.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
She didn't make it up, I have seen many African Americans use that term. Yes those ppl would still be classified as black especially during that era where the one drop rule was in effect. Other e.g. of mgm ppl are Lena horne,Adam Clayton powell, etc. Ppl who clearly are mixed race but identified as black nometheless.
I see it used on LSA all of the time, not really by any AAs in real life. I just use it to explain why a Black person looks mixed. It makes it simple.

Last edited:

BLKGALMAGIC

Proud Black Queen
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
7,994 270 130
Alleybux
The thing I loved about Muhammad Ali was he always kept his legacy Black Black wife, Black children, Black friends, Black generational wealth, and supported Black causes.