Quantcast

My 9th graders are out of control and they are doing nothing to combat the issue.

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,397 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
Everyone of my classes are great. But I am on break right now and I am thinking of walking out. The 9th graders are out of control. I spend the last period dealing with a young man who brought a speaker to school and played music aloud. Two throwing books across the room, and I am talking about hardback textbooks. One which almost hit me Another set slapping one another, while i am trying to break that up two leave out. I don't let them back in, but the VP comes and lets them in. One is literally calling me a b!tch as she is sitting there. There behavior is out of control. I cannot walk around the class because if I unblock the door one will leave out. Before y'all ask yes my door is locked. No I do not allow them back in. And yes I have called parents. I ain't going lie......I sound yt over the phone (not because I talk proper just my voice), but as soon as they see I am a young black woman respect goes out the window.

I few weeks ago in one of the 9th grader let another unhinged student in, who basically attacked me. When I met with his mother (i am pressing charges). His mother told me I swore you were yt, and then began to disrespect me. Lady what does me being black have to do with anything.

GoofballJamal

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,211 2,818 2,158
Alleybux
I don't have any solutions, but I just want to tell you that you're doing God's work trying to teach these demon crotchfruit. You and other teachers like you should be paid vastly more for having to parent kids who don't receive proper parenting at home.

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,397 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
I don't have any solutions, but I just want to tell you that you're doing God's work trying to teach these demon crotchfruit. You and other teachers like you should be paid vastly more for having to parent kids who don't receive proper parenting at home.
My chest hurts just being here man I am just about to go home

UrFavoriteLatte

Almost-Mrs. Wilhemina Slater-Meade
Reaction score
Reactions
87,239 1,480 582
Alleybux
Sorry you're going through this. It's not as out of control as your situation is, but I'm at a new school; and accountability is at the lowest I've ever seen in my 11 years.

It's frustrating when you have sh!tty admin. That's why teachers are leaving in droves, not the kids.

I'm confused as you say all of your classes are great, but that the 9th graders are out of control. Can you clarify?

IrisOsiris

Last friday night
Reaction score
Reactions
101,863 3,302 3,198
Alleybux
Everyone of my classes are great. But I am on break right now and I am thinking of walking out. The 9th graders are out of control. I spend the last period dealing with a young man who brought a speaker to school and played music aloud. Two throwing books across the room, and I am talking about hardback textbooks. One which almost hit me Another set slapping one another, while i am trying to break that up two leave out. I don't let them back in, but the VP comes and lets them in. One is literally calling me a b!tch as she is sitting there. There behavior is out of control. I cannot walk around the class because if I unblock the door one will leave out. Before y'all ask yes my door is locked. No I do not allow them back in. And yes I have called parents. I ain't going lie......I sound yt over the phone (not because I talk proper just my voice), but as soon as they see I am a young black woman respect goes out the window.

I few weeks ago in one of the 9th grader let another unhinged student in, who basically attacked me. When I met with his mother (i am pressing charges). His mother told me I swore you were yt, and then began to disrespect me. Lady what does me being black have to do with anything.
that's why my spouse left. it was too much foolishness. the administration does NOTHING to enable and empower its teachers to actually teach. personally i feel like students who are disrespectful and disruptive should be kicked out of school. That may sound cruel, but when i was coming up, there was no disrespect of this sort in the schools i attended. I went to private schools, and they don't fµck!ng play. You get maybe two chances and then you're out, because they don't tolerate mistreatment of their teachers, which is why learning is a much more positive experience in private schools. Hang in there, i guess. But my spouse dipped and ended up in a much more fulfilling job after he left teaching, paying more than double what he was making as a public school teacher.

Plumbus

Lady Lazarus
Reaction score
Reactions
154,612 5,781 4,840
Alleybux
This is why if I was gonna teach, I wanted to do like 1st grade or something. I hated the older kids.

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,397 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
This is why if I was gonna teach, I wanted to do like 1st grade or something. I hated the older kids.
I taught special k-2 but they forced me to transfer because I kept pushing for my children to be in normal ed. They said I was disturbing the natural order. But in their IEP's it stated they need 5 hours a week in normal ed.

powderpuff

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,558 1,735 1,118
Alleybux
This is starting at younger grades as well. They know administrators are giving more power to the students especially the bullies due to this new “trauma” training which absolves students and parents of any responsibility

Big Ellie

Formerly Mrs Jeremy Lin
Reaction score
Reactions
171,795 6,621 1,531
Alleybux
My friends who are teachers feel the same way!
They are fed up!
One of my friends left teaching and went into the IT field and he loves it! And he makes way more money!

But these kids are off the chain!

And it doesn't help that "punishment" in schools are basically non-existent in today's generation.

My friends who teach also tell me that out of 90 students that they have only about 5-6 parents show up for parent teacher conferences smh

And lets also add onto the fact that a lot of parents who have kids, shouldn't be parents to begin with because they're horrible!

Too many parents out here trying to be besties with their kids and not hold them accountable for nothing!

I've had friends tell me about parents coming up to schools trying to fight teachers because they sent a letter home talking about the behavior of their child.

They told me that students have no fear and try to fight them on a daily. They would stand toe to toe with an adult, screaming in their faces and trying to buck up to them.

And this is where the govt needs to step in and start to hold these parents accountable for this sh!t. If you're child wants to fight a teacher then both of yall asses are doing weekends in jail! And paying a fine! Teachers dont get paid enough to have their safety threaten by some snotty nose lil punk ass kid!

Or if you get any type of govt assistance your sh!t will be taken away! If you cant control your child then you cant get these food stamps or section 8. If your child feels like he or she is grown enough to buck up to an adult, then they can get out here get a job and put food on the table and help pay the rent....so no food stamps or section 8 for yo ass!

If you dont receive govt assistance then yall doing weekend jail or community services 30 hours a week!

Maybe this will combat the behavior problems across America in these schools!

Reaction score
Reactions
10,460 15 4
Alleybux
One of the reasons that I walked away from teaching. In my junior year of college, I did my student teaching portion of my studies and I was out. I was like I can't put up with these students out here like this. My high school was just like this and that was almost 20 years ago. Its sad people don't teach their kids accountability at all.

HoneyVee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,752 20 4
Alleybux
Class room management and a solid behavior flow helps some with misbehavior.

What is the school wide behavior practices? Do they have a system in place or is each classroom different?

I have had awful classes what helped tremendously was relationship building, maintaining a calm exterior even when I was livid, follow through on rewards/consequences and having a classroom management plan. The support of the behavioral team and administration was also helped tremendously.

Is your administration supportive of their staff or not really?

Reaction score
Reactions
1,508 6
Alleybux
Document all of your attempts for help, then cuss them lil b!tches out. They are causing you to be "mentally unstable" which is why you cussed they asses out.

Purplecharm

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,063 1,188 796
Alleybux
The root problem is poor parenting, so there is nothing that you can directly do to change that. Jump ship. Your mental and physical well being is more important than trying to save the fruit that comes from an orchard with rotten trees.

Last edited:

Plumbus

Lady Lazarus
Reaction score
Reactions
154,612 5,781 4,840
Alleybux
You wrote this long ass post just to claim you are a black person who sounds white.

But you’re hispanic.

I'm sorry, but why the hell would the students behavior be acceptable regardless of the teacher's race?

GeminiJane

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
390 2 6
Alleybux

All of my advice is directly associated with violence and evil so I don't know what to tell you hun, but what I do know is all those kids would have me fµcked up and they, their parents, and the administration would know it period!

AgnesGooch

Cool With You
Reaction score
Reactions
640,881 19,022 12,528
Alleybux
Girl get out of there now. These kids and their parents don't give a damn. If one of them injures or kills you no one will care and they will be out before they are 21. You will get no money from their broke ass family either or from the school.

I know of someone who was permanently disabled as a result of a middle school student attacking her. Another black woman, I want to save the world type. She collects disability and isn't even 40.

It is not worth it. A lot of these schools just need to be shut down.

girl6_nyc

Looking for the hoochie daddies (where they at?)
Reaction score
Reactions
204,930 7,248 2,392
Alleybux
Sometimes posts like these really piss me off. It's almost as if we all believe only black and/or POC kids/parents behave this way. Both of my kids go to predominately white schools in a high income area (my son graduated, my daughter is currently in high school) and real talk, white kids AND their parents have behaved exactly like this. My kids have come home and told me how a white kid will push a teacher, throw books, pull out cigs to attempt to smoke in class, etc.

I would love to hear more from teachers in predominately white school, tell us your experiences dealing with white kids and their parents.

kaylarena

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,871 1,364 51
Alleybux
As a fellow educator, you have my sympathy and solidarity about the abysmal state of education and the terrible behaviors of some of the students.

I’m curious- what is the socioeconomic and racial demographic of the school?

Lazuli

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,195 2,715 1,946
Alleybux
Document all of your attempts for help, then cuss them lil b!tches out. They are causing you to be "mentally unstable" which is why you cussed they asses out.

Nah, just document everything and sue. Cussing them out might get turned against OP as 'verbal abuse' against children. And because OPs an adult they're going to expect better conduct. Better to keep that eye on the prize and get money, lol.

I taught special k-2 but they forced me to transfer because I kept pushing for my children to be in normal ed. They said I was disturbing the natural order. But in their IEP's it stated they need 5 hours a week in normal ed.

I've heard of so many children get fµcked over from these policies its not funny. I have family in the education field, and I've learned things about how the schools historically got paid per student they put in there. Hence why they probably don't want them going into regular education. These poor children are just walking dollar signs to these people. Which likely doesn't help their self esteem or behavior. If I was a kid who was aware of what was happening to me, you think I'd trust the authority figures who put me in this sh!t?

And then, by the time those kids get put in normal ed, they won't be able to keep up with the learning material because often time Special ED students are learning grades behind other kids, even if they're qualified to learn certain subjects at a normal pace. Some kids in Special Education can learn just as well as anyone else but have trouble keeping up with the expected amount of classes and the workload. And ironically thrive if they manage to get into college where the courses are fewer, and adjustable. Its a perpetual cycle of barring kids from regular ed, 'technically' allowing them in only for them to fall back to special ed because they can't keep up, or eventually the kids just dropping out. Its really sad.

Ethereal Spirit

Black girls do it better
Reaction score
Reactions
192,841 6,681 8,083
Alleybux
You teach in the inner city? No offense, but not everybody is cut out for teaching high schoolers. I remember you also said you were a very petite woman. Coupled with your "white" voice, I'm not shocked that these kids don't have any respect for you. I used to work as a paraprofessional, and the only teachers I've seen that were able to get through to older kids with behavioral issues, were the teachers that looked and sounded like they could beat their ass.

Maybe you'd be better off teaching elementary school students.

Melanina

My fragrance on and they love my smell
Reaction score
Reactions
150,013 7,424 2,034
Alleybux

Try a catholic high school instead. They are always hiring English, social studies and foreign language teachers.

Whip Appeal

♡ Kiss my Libran a$$. ♡
Reaction score
Reactions
255,294 6,773 2,635
Alleybux
It takes a lot to deal with children. You have to be the type of person who knows how to be stern, take control, and command attention and respect or there is no if, ands, or buts about it....they will run over you. This especially goes for working with children in urban areas. Have you thought about transferring to another school/area?

It seems like nobody in that school has control of even the VP is not having your back. I grew up going to public schools in the inner city all my life so I’ve seen my fair share of students acting up but most of my teachers didn’t play that and knew how to get their students in check and if the teach didn’t then the principal damn sure did.

maybe try a smaller school?

Ethereal Spirit

Black girls do it better
Reaction score
Reactions
192,841 6,681 8,083
Alleybux
I've heard of so many children get fµcked over from these policies its not funny. I have family in the education field, and I've learned things about how the schools historically got paid per student they put in there. Hence why they probably don't want them going into regular education. These poor children are just walking dollar signs to these people. Which likely doesn't help their self esteem or behavior. If I was a kid who was aware of what was happening to me, you think I'd trust the authority figures who put me in this sh!t?

And then, by the time those kids get put in normal ed, they won't be able to keep up with the learning material because often time Special ED students are learning grades behind other kids, even if they're qualified to learn certain subjects at a normal pace. Some kids in Special Education can learn just as well as anyone else but have trouble keeping up with the expected amount of classes and the workload. And ironically thrive if they manage to get into college where the courses are fewer, and adjustable. Its a perpetual cycle of barring kids from regular ed, 'technically' allowing them in only for them to fall back to special ed because they can't keep up, or eventually the kids just dropping out. Its really sad.

That's why it's up to the parents to vouch and fight for their children. They tried to put my little brother in special ed classes in middle school since he had a learning disability, but my mom is a teacher so she knows how everything works in the education system. She said no, and had to make a conscious effort with my brother's teachers, and guidance counselors to keep him on track until he graduated high school. She made frequent visits to his guidance counselors and exchanged numbers with all his teachers.

Some even offered to tutor him during the summers before school started so he'd have extra time to understand the material before the regular school year.
Now he's in college and he's thriving. The bottomline is that it all starts at home.

Last edited:

girl6_nyc

Looking for the hoochie daddies (where they at?)
Reaction score
Reactions
204,930 7,248 2,392
Alleybux
You have enough going on. You should prob log off if you’re teaching students today, it’s just extra stress.

giphy.gif

screena

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
311,871 5,214 824
Alleybux
Sometimes posts like these really piss me off. It's almost as if we all believe only black and/or POC kids/parents behave this way. Both of my kids go to predominately white schools in a high income area (my son graduated, my daughter is currently in high school) and real talk, white kids AND their parents have behaved exactly like this. My kids have come home and told me how a white kid will push a teacher, throw books, pull out cigs to attempt to smoke in class, etc.

I would love to hear more from teachers in predominately white school, tell us your experiences dealing with white kids and their parents.

I'm not currently teaching, but I taught at a predominantly white school in a rural town, and the only trouble I had were with white students. One lied and said I'd threatened to physically harm her; that was when I said it's not worth it and left.

I had no issue with my black students. They respected me, they listened, they wanted to do well for me.

powderpuff

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,558 1,735 1,118
Alleybux

It’s pretty much the same except the parents show up to blame everyone except the child in person... when their children act a fool and get disciplined you will have a meeting with administrators and a lawyer in some instances. Bad behavior isn’t regulated to race

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,625 5,572 5,245
Alleybux
There is no hope for some of these brats in many of today's American public schools. They take away the discipline power of the teachers, administration is useless and kisses ass with parents, and you wonder why teachers leave in droves. Millennial age teachers are not putting up with that foolishness.

Perhaps try a Catholic, charter school, or Early college high school? Many of those schools have students who want to be there and their parents mean business.

OP, don't stay in that school for too long, it's a toxic environment and it will drain your health. You deserve so much better.

Last edited:

Laura_Winslow

so smart, so new, so nifty
Reaction score
Reactions
22,373 319 54
Alleybux
Your safety should never be compromised. Secure another teaching job ASAP and put in that 30 day notice.

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,625 5,572 5,245
Alleybux
Your safety should never be compromised. Secure another teaching job ASAP and put in that 30 day notice.

Right, what she can do is be on the sub list where she can select the schools and grade levels she wants, meanwhile finding another job.

Contemporary

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,616 4,240 1,018
Alleybux
This is why I've always refused to teach school-aged kids even though almost everyone seems to think I should. I've heard too many stories like this, and I've seen too many things in the media to be comfortable doing that kind of work, especially for the bµllsh!t pay they give teachers.

Adults? Sure. College students? Of course.

But the K - 12 set?

To hell with them kids. I'd end up having to beat somebody's child's ass, then I get a record, and I'm not going to jail and/or prison over anybody's little disrespectful, snot-nosed ass brat. fµck that.

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,397 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
You teach in the inner city? No offense, but not everybody is cut out for teaching high schoolers. I remember you also said you were a very petite woman. Coupled with your "white" voice, I'm not shocked that these kids don't have any respect for you. I used to work as a paraprofessional, and the only teachers I've seen that were able to get through to older kids with behavioral issues, were the teachers that looked and sounded like they could beat their ass.

Maybe you'd be better off teaching elementary school students.
I don't think it would matter a student told me another one slapped the VP.

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,397 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
My mother said this but I cannot leave. I have too much riding on this. My school, my bills, my car, etc. If I leave who will pay me like this....... I cannot get into any law job because they won't hire me and my ABA job didn't take taxes. I want to leave badly. But I just cannot think of anywhere to apply until I finish law school

Ethereal Spirit

Black girls do it better
Reaction score
Reactions
192,841 6,681 8,083
Alleybux
My mother said this but I cannot leave. I have too much riding on this. My school, my bills, my car, etc. If I leave who will pay me like this....... I cannot get into any law job because they won't hire me and my ABA job didn't take taxes. I want to leave badly. But I just cannot think of anywhere to apply until I finish law school

Why don't you substitute in other schools in your area for a while? I'm sure you're bound to find a few long-term assignments. You do early intervention?

In the worst case scenario, half the year is already done so you won't have to stay much longer if you do decide to finish the year off. I think you can do it.

GlitterLady

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
109,440 2,707 1,700
Alleybux
fµck them kids and their parents. You don’t get paid enough to deal with that bs, stress, and disrespect everyday. Walk out sis it’s not worth it.