Quantcast

My dog thinks she's too good for dog food

krazyJ

On his Brohan while Gohan's GoneHan
Reaction score
Reactions
55,166 2,772 133
Alleybux
my dog is a beagle/dachshund and for as much sh!t she eats during our walks she has the nerve at times to turn her nose up at her food. Yes even the wet food. So I find myself making her chicken and rice with a side of boiled egg. Just rotten.

krazyJ

Reaction score
Reactions
55,166 2,772 133
Alleybux
To add a couple days ago my daughter kept getting out of her seat while eating. My dog said "Aaaaaand SCENE!" Nosed her plate off the table and devoured her hotdog lmao

Etruehollywood

Head Usher: LSA Campus
Reaction score
Reactions
121,858 5,301 89
Alleybux
my dog is a beagle/dachshund and for as much sh!t she eats during our walks she has the nerve at times to turn her nose up at her food. Yes even the wet food. So I find myself making her chicken and rice with a side of boiled egg. Just rotten.

Girl!!!! Her birthday was on Friday(she turned 1) I took her to the botanical gardens. She found a random bone, tell me why I had to run her down to get it!?!?!?! But you won't eat dog food lmao.

krazyJ

Reaction score
Reactions
55,166 2,772 133
Alleybux
Girl!!!! Her birthday was on Friday(she turned 1) I took her to the botanical gardens. She found a random bone, tell me why I had to run her down to get it!?!?!?! But you won't eat dog food lmao.

lmao. Mine will do whatever to keep a bone she found. She stay snatching her head away. She'll roll around on the ground. Everything lol. Then get back in the house and walk right past the food. Or drink her water then walk away.

superhotfire

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,620 107 107
Alleybux
Ok so I have a maltipoo who refuses to eat dog food, she honestly acts like she is above it. I tried Taste of the Wild, Pro Plan and now she's "on" Instinct kibble and freeze dried. When i tell yall it's a battle!!! I buy toppers, I bought broth, and it's a chore for her to even eat it.

I sometimes get her to eat it when I handfeed her or if I pretend to eat it myself but she's so damn smart she comes trying to smell my mouth when I pretend to eat it lmao. I also put certain herbs on it to make it more appealing and she looks at me like b!tch you thought!?!.

Recently started her on a raw diet and she ends up eating the meat and leaving everything else. I'm not 100 percent into the raw diet because I'm not sure how much of any one vitamin etc she should have and what the raw diet provides so I'm still trying with the Instinct.

I don't know what else to do. I see all these people on social media with dogs who love eating their kibble and I'm sitting here with the Princess Margaret. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
i suggest you join the raw feeding groups on facebook, they have guidelines on how much muscle meat vs organs a dog needs and it should be inexpensive since your dog is small. and your dog will be way healthier live longer eating their natural diet. its only been since dogs have been eating kibbles that they get diabetes and cancer.

Etruehollywood

Head Usher: LSA Campus
Reaction score
Reactions
121,858 5,301 89
Alleybux
i suggest you join the raw feeding groups on facebook, they have guidelines on how much muscle meat vs organs a dog needs and it should be inexpensive since your dog is small. and your dog will be way healthier live longer eating their natural diet. its only been since dogs have been eating kibbles that they get diabetes and cancer.
I haven't had Facebook since I was a teen. Are there groups anywhere else?

superhotfire

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,620 107 107
Alleybux
I haven't had Facebook since I was a teen. Are there groups anywhere else?
there is a lot of misinformation on google about health for humans and animals.. thats why i recommend the groups because you can learn from real people who have raw fed their pets for decades. you can see pics of what their pets are looking like. they have files you can download in the groups so you can collect the information and then delete your account if you want

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,806 11,972 10,199
Alleybux
My other dog, the gay one, I told y’all about. Was all for eating his dog food until I made the mistake by giving him some of my granddaddy’s homemade cornbread dressing.

For the next ten years I had problems feeding his fat azz dog food. OP, I feel your pain.