Quantcast

My friend is being sued by her man's wife and I don't even know what to say...

Ketayun

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,601 23 15
Alleybux
I woke up to this on my phone with a message to call. We don't live in the same state, so there's nothing I can do to be there physically. She's been on my phone crying for several hours. I had no idea she was seeing a married man. I don't even know what to say. Not all married women take this lying down as my friend is learning.

I guess consider this a warning to the homewreckers in states that allow these lawsuits. She's never going to be able to pay what this lady is demanding.

The situation:

• My friend received a letter from an attorney demanding $300,000. If she doesn't pay they will file a suit under laws called alienation of affection and criminal conversation. The letter says she has 10 days to contact the law firm with a response. Apparently, you can sue the person your spouse cheats with in NC. The affair took place in NC and SC. The wife is suing my friend under these laws.
  • My friend and the married man also had an affair five years ago, but it ended and he went back to his wife. The wife forgave her husband and took him back when the first affair happened.
  • My friend and the man work together and have worked together since during both affairs.
  • My friend and the married man resumed their affair recently, I guess. The husband bought a condo so he and my friend could hook up without going to a hotel. The wife found out and hired a private investigator and when she had evidence, she contacted an attorney.
  • There's surveillance, pictures both at the condo and at their job where they work together. The attorney said they have proof that they carried on after hours at work. ...proof although my friend hasn't seen it all yet.
  • My friend is also married and needs to tell her husband. She plans to do that this evening.
  • The wife's husband also received a demand letter with a proposed property settlement agreement so it looks like she's suing him as well. Apparently in NC you can divide property right away, but no divorcing until you are separated for an entire year.
  • My friend will be telling her own husband about the demand letter tonight.
  • Friend contacted me because my husband is a lawyer. I told her he couldn't help because he doesn't do that kind of civil litigation and it's the wrong state. Her family is friends with my family and I have known her since we were kids. We aren't besties and don't hang out due to being in different states, but we stay in touch periodically.
  • The messages this morning was the first time I knew about the extra marital relationship including from 5 years ago.
  • My friend already called the law firm to confirm the letter is legit.
Update:

She was contacted by work husband: My friend is being sued by her man's wife and I don't even know what to say...

Update: Real husband didn't come home at expected time.

• Husband was supposed to be home from work at 6PM EST and didn't show.

• My friend, worried that he hasn't come home yet, logged into his FB account, and found a PM from the wife around 4:30PM to her husband with a cell phone number to call her. The husband didn't respond through PM that she can see, but the message was read before she saw it. Since he hasn't come home, we are assuming there's been a conversation. As of 9:24 EST. He hasn't come home yet.
Update:

• I removed the redacted letter from the attorney because one font mentioned posting it on Twitter and because some fonts said I could be banned for posting it. I did not remove it because it was fake or because of the law firm's grammar or casual writing style (making some people accuse me of writing it). She verified the letter with the firm herself so she could make sure it wasn't a nasty prank. I don't care enough to make up a three page letter and an entire backstory to entertain you. Two families are hurting here, including children when everything flushes out. If for whatever reason you think this is fake, you can always find something else to do. I cannot be manipulated into posting identifiable information to prove you wrong, which is what I think some of you are really trying to do. You can keep your skepticism.
Update:

I'll just be linking from posts here on out...

Legal info that explains alienation of affection and criminal conversation:

7 Facts about Alienation of Affection in North Carolina - Sodoma Law

Criminal Conversation and Alienation of Affection: When to Get a Lawyer

Last edited:

Belleofthesouth

Member of the Rich Bougie Auntie’s Club
Reaction score
Reactions
155,402 7,164 1,509
Alleybux
Oh hell nah. Ain't no dack worth 300k. She should have learned from Fantasia

300full-fantasia-barrino.jpg

Last edited:

MoneyOverLove

The Marathon Continues..
Reaction score
Reactions
537,906 10,734 5,860
Alleybux
All that smoke for the side chick but I bet you this wife is not going to leave her husband. Nothing good comes from sleeping with married men. Nothing!
Tell your friend to lawyer up and to have a lawyer verify that this letter/lawsuit is authentic.
300K for sleeping with someone's man is a lot of damn money. That b^tch got all the nerve.

Ketayun

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,601 23 15
Alleybux
Tell your friend to stop crying and lawyer up. Wife has to prove her marriage was peaceful at the time of the affair. Clearly it wasn’t

Yeah, but the fact that she even has to pay a lawyer over this nonsense...and go through this and have her business all out there...this is crazy. This man isn't worth the amount of money she's about to have to spend on lawyers.

Bumblet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,580 1,880 204
Alleybux
What are you going to do to help her? Is it possible that the wife got a lawyer friend to type this up to scam her out of some money?

Gull

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,455 9,785 12,319
Alleybux
lol.
if you are bold enough to do the deed, why get upset or mad if you have to pay the price?

man or woman up is my motto...

I am sure he will pay his price during the divorce settlement.

JosieLove

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,597 328 108
Alleybux
Something about this letter doesn't seem quite right... It moreso looks like a scare tactic than an actual legal document.

I heard alienation of affection was hard to prove

King B Giselle

No Foes
Reaction score
Reactions
383,545 7,887 4,898
Alleybux
Yeah, but the fact that she even has to pay a lawyer over this nonsense...and go through this and have her business all out there...this is crazy. This man isn't worth the amount of money she's about to have to spend on lawyers.

That’s why it’s either good to one 1) leave married people alone 2) know the laws of these states

pinkkryptonite

Bonnets 'r Us
Reaction score
Reactions
149,230 5,006 464
Alleybux
Thanks for updating the pics, Op.

Whew!!! Imagine sleeping with a married man, then having to pay his wife. Alienation of Affection is a real thing and many women and men have had to come out of pocket for it.

sonoko

One Truth Prevails
Reaction score
Reactions
113,108 2,983 750
Alleybux
These states allow you to sue the mistress... Illinois, New Mexico, North Carolina, Utah, Hawaii, Mississippi and South Dakota.

Just a heads up. Lol I understand the wife though. If the friend knew about it and it seem she did, I would be going after EVERYBODY. I would want to take the most from the husband of course.

Also 5 years? Your friend couldn't find anyone in those 5 years? It is going to cost her but if she gets a good lawyer then she can beat it probably.

Ketayun

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,601 23 15
Alleybux
Something about this letter doesn't seem quite right... It moreso looks like a scare tactic than an actual legal document.

I heard alienation of affection was hard to prove

Obviously, I can't post the letter head but it's a legit law firm. She already spoke to the law firm this morning to confirm the letter.

420Zelle

Beautifully me. Accept it or move on.
Reaction score
Reactions
340,338 5,289 850
Alleybux
Close your legs to unavailable and married men.

Happy marriage or not, some states will allow proceedings to take place on the grounds of alienation of affection.

Stop fµck!ng with these men without vetting them properly. I don’t care what anyone says, a man will always show something that is a red flag that he’s not who he wants you to think he is. Emotion clouds a woman’s judgement and he will gaslight until he can not anymore.

OP tell your friend to get legal representation and go to court. If she misses any dates, she will be screwed.

QueensBred

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,093 58 2
Alleybux
Damn! Maybe the cheating ass husband can help the "paramour" with some of the lawyer fees... smh. But now that he's caught he might have went ahead and cut off all contact with said "paramour". Tragic.

MsMaltipoo

Living in Joanne's Caucasian Home
Reaction score
Reactions
37,760 1,600 123
Alleybux
$300,000 geez! That's a lot. You know the husband and wife could be scammers trying to get money out of your friend I don't know its just looks scammy.

Maybe she has some legal ground since she is not a resident of North Carolina. Also if this law is legit why is only the mistress being sued. Hell sue the spouse too since he is stepping out on his marriage. It also happened 5 yrs ago and you forgave him and now his no good azz is at it again.

so is your friend married too?

Hereforthetea222

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,546 345 36
Alleybux
If she wasn’t busting it open for someone’s husband she wouldn’t be in this mess. : unamused: The husband should have to pay the wife too. Him & his slide need to run her a check. Both of those heauxs are sick. (n)

sonoko

One Truth Prevails
Reaction score
Reactions
113,108 2,983 750
Alleybux
Oh WEEE!! I just saw the $300,000!!!
She is out for blood. I bet she warned the friend the first time it happened that she would be taking matters into her own hands if it happened again and OP's friend probably said "try me"...

Well there she goes.

Good Judy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,846 670 553
Alleybux
I love every time I hear about one of these lawsuits. If you’re so thirsty for attention that you’d stoop so low to sleep with a scumbag husband, pay up. You do dirt, you get dirt. I hope the wife gets everything in the divorce too. Leave both of their asses broke.