Quantcast

UPDATE My Professor Lost My Essay And Will Not Let Me Resend It. (Possible Failing Grade)

Huelva

Zinedine Zidane's sugar baby.
Reaction score
Reactions
19,571 1,416 35
Alleybux
We always have to print our essays and give it to him. My essay was 11 pages front and back. It took him a while to contact me, which is not unusual. Many times he holds off on grading because he has to get them translated to English since he is one of the few professors not from here. I do 90% of my essays in Portuguese or Spanish and only write in English when I'm told to, because I make mistakes in English, so my work is a part of the group he sets aside to get sent to a separate department for translating.

He called me today saying he lost my copy while in between a class and walking to another department. I said I have it saved and can send it to him or print it again and give it to him. He said no, because he does not allow assignments to be given after the deadline, which was last Thursday. He is afraid of students trying to add or edit their work before giving it to him. I gave him my essay on the 3rd of June after finishing it in May, so what would I need to change?

His solution? Write a 10 page front to back essay on a different topic and he will give me a deadline 28th of June, which is 11 days. I'm a fast writer, but the problem is, I am doing multiple other assignments that includes lab work for other classes right now so even if I were to accept this, I will stress myself out so bad.

If I don't do the new essay he will mark my assignment as "not received".
It makes it worse because it's so late here and he's not answering anymore.

Update: He has finally sent me an email at 12:05 AM saying that had I just written my essay in English so he can be able to read it, it wouldn't have gotten lost. We don't live in an English speaking country but I guess all of this could have been avoided:pensive:

Update: Page 3

Last edited:

Supreme Reign

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
216,012 2,370 1,272
Alleybux
Nope. Contact the Dean of your department and get the chair involved as well. CC your prof on all e-mails. Document all of this. I had some bµllsh!t like this happen to me recently and I fought everyone on this until I finally had a great man get involved who advocated on my behalf and I got a perfect score on my exam.

Don't settle for anything and don't let them bully you into doing extra work because he's irresponsible.

When you send an e-mail to the Chair and Dean of your department, remember to include your prof's original e-mail where he admitted he lost your paper.

Huelva

Reaction score
Reactions
19,571 1,416 35
Alleybux
Nope. Contact the Dean of your department and get the chair involved as well. CC your prof on all e-mails. Document all of this. I had some bµllsh!t like this happen to me recently and I fought everyone on this until I finally had a great man get involved who advocated on my behalf and I got a perfect score on my exam.

Don't settle for anything and don't let them bully you into doing extra work because he's irresponsible.

When you send an e-mail to the Chair and Dean of your department, remember to include your prof's original e-mail where he admitted he lost your paper.
Thanks!
The thing is, I think he is being sneaky. My mother told me to get a copy of an email and I have been emailing him today since he called, but he keeps calling me back instead of responding to emails so it's not in writing.

It is almost 12 am here and he told me to stop contacting him until office hours.

Sapfire101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,427 1,103 109
Alleybux
Are you in school in the US OP? I honestly would speak to a higher figure above your professor. It is not your fault for him losing your paper. He better get off his ass and find it. I wish you the best.

ohhappyday

Champagne Mami
Reaction score
Reactions
780,305 19,262 2,880
Alleybux
fµck.

All.

Of.

That.

I agree with @Supreme Reign ’s advice. Email and CC everyone. Dean, assistant dean, department chair, student ombudsman.

He got life fµcked up. You did your part, his goofy ass dropped the ball. So he can either find the paper, let you turn in what you have again, or excuse you from the assignment. Periodt.

AlexaTrebek

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,514 3,281 3,462
Alleybux
Thanks!
The thing is, I think he is being sneaky. My mother told me to get a copy of an email and I have been emailing him today since he called, but he keeps calling me back instead of responding to emails so it's not in writing.

It is almost 12 am here and he told me to stop contacting him until office hours.
Summarise the calls in a document and keep track of them.

AmaShamar

Marry Up or Pay Half
Reaction score
Reactions
90,785 3,047 2,003
Alleybux
Go to the chair of that department. Do you have written communication? If the chair doesnt listen to go the dean, then the president. This is not acceptable.

ohhappyday

Champagne Mami
Reaction score
Reactions
780,305 19,262 2,880
Alleybux
Thanks!

Wow. What a piece of sh!t. He knows he’s wrong, that’s why. Pull up on his ass in person and record. Or schedule a sit down with a department mediator there too, somebody to witness y’all agreement.

AmaShamar

Marry Up or Pay Half
Reaction score
Reactions
90,785 3,047 2,003
Alleybux
Thanks!

Keep record of the calls.

Supreme Reign

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
216,012 2,370 1,272
Alleybux
Thanks!
Oh sh!t! He called you. Yeah, he's definitely being sneaky and trying to cover his ass. Do NOT respond to his calls any further. Do you have a voice recorder? You could use your phone to record your conversation where you get him to admit he lost your paper or put him on speakerphone admitting he lost your paper and record the conversation via your computer.

I do recommend to continue to only communicate with him via e-mail though because you need a paper trail. Still contact the Chair and Dean of your department. He's trying to force his irresponsibility on you and that is not fair nor right. Keep your foot on their necks!! It's exhausting and annoying, but don't let him get away with this.

Huelva

Reaction score
Reactions
19,571 1,416 35
Alleybux
Are you in school in the US OP? I honestly would speak to a higher figure above your professor. It is not your fault for him losing your paper. He better get off his ass and find it. I wish you the best.
No I attend University in Spain. He's from the UK

Mellie York

Ignorance is Bliss.
Reaction score
Reactions
495,573 18,049 3,371
Alleybux
ohhhh nahhhh.... he want you to rewrite the essay?! fµck that go to your major/ or his department an file an compliant

Dr.Girlfriend

Devotee
Reaction score
Reactions
84,074 898 354
Alleybux
Hell No! fight that, it's his fault and there is no way that I would do another paper. I hope it all turns out well for you.

bustakita

Masterofhaokenucannevabeatme Supreme Clientele
Reaction score
Reactions
17,898 437 202
Alleybux
Thanks!

did he originally contact you via email. I would have informed him to not contact me any way unless it was in writing or text message. verbal word goes no where even in a court of law. do you have proof of the original date of when you completed and/or printed it? Printscreen a copy of if saved on your flash with original date and include this when contacting the Dean. He sounds like a complete asshole I wish you had a way of having spoken with other students who have had similar issues such as you have. Im sure he has pulled this bµllsh!t more than once. sorry for profanity i am as mad as you I hate a get-over person because of their carelessness...

WorkItOut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,011 3,914 1,359
Alleybux
He’s out of his damn mind. I have half a mind to tell you to call your mama, auntie, sister, & cousins & beat his ass. The college educated me is going to tell you to speak to the dean of his department. How dare he fail at his job & want you to do extra work. Some people are really out of their mind.

WorkItOut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,011 3,914 1,359
Alleybux
Thanks!

You can get an app that allows you to record phone calls. Look up the laws in your state for recording someone without permission first.

Queen Daenerys

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
127,248 2,359 439
Alleybux
Oh no he trippin trippin

DFRR5ISV0AAuMg-.jpg

In this case..... DEAN!!!

Queen Ann

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,896 146 221
Alleybux
We always have to print our essays and give it to him. My essay was 11 pages front and back. It took him a while to contact me, which is not unusual. Many times he holds off on grading because he has to get them translated to English since he is one of the few professors not from here. I do 90% of my essays in Portuguese or Spanish and only write in English when I'm told to, because I make mistakes in English, so my work is a part of the group he sets aside to get sent to a separate department for translating.

He called me today saying he lost my copy while in between a class and walking to another department. I said I have it saved and can send it to him or print it again and give it to him. He said no, because he does not allow assignments to be given after the deadline, which was last Thursday. He is afraid of students trying to add or edit their work before giving it to him. I gave him my essay on the 3rd of June after finishing it in May, so what would I need to change?

His solution? Write a 10 page front to back essay on a different topic and he will give me a deadline 28th of June, which is 11 days. I'm a fast writer, but the problem is, I am doing multiple other assignments that includes lab work for other classes right now so even if I were to accept this, I will stress myself out so bad.

If I don't do the new essay he will mark my assignment as "not received".
It makes it worse because it's so late here and he's not answering anymore.
Send a complaint to his chair, the assistant dean, the dean, and the provost. But before you do that, make sure they know he lost the work--if you have receipts, make the copies and file a formal grievance. Find out if your student govt organization can support you as well. All else fails, contact the college president--make an appointment and make your case. Good luck!

Accraking

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,959 303 155
Alleybux
From now on IGNORE all calls from him. Only communicate via email.

Contact your head of department and personal tutor. He is trying to get away with this and put the responsibility on you. You need to get the ball rolling asap. Tell them it is firstly unacceptable that he lost your work. Then he said you will have to rewrite and resubmit in 11 days. Absolutely unacceptable and against the rules.

You need to be very firm. You are in the right, do not roll over on this and screw yourself.

By now if you didn't even submit, he would have already indicated that you failed right? So it shows you submitted.

VeryEasy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,108 658 587
Alleybux
My mobile has the record call feature, does yours? If it does, record the calls. Go into your sent emails and find the first emails and his replies before he started calling.

AgentX

Reaction score
Reactions
39,735 4,139 10,866
Alleybux
No way in hell. That is his mistake losing your paper an he gets punished. Go over his head immediately. Only communicate via email. I have never heard of this in all my school years

Huelva

Reaction score
Reactions
19,571 1,416 35
Alleybux
My mobile has the record call feature, does yours? If it does, record the calls.
Wow. What a piece of sh!t. He knows he’s wrong, that’s why. Pull up on his ass in person and record. Or schedule a sit down with a department mediator there too, somebody to witness y’all agreement.

Do you have a voice recorder? You could use your phone to record your conversation where you get him to admit he lost your paper or put him on speakerphone admitting he lost your paper and record the conversation via your computer.

You can get an app that allows you to record phone calls. Look up the laws in your state for recording someone without permission first.
I was going to record our last call but I think the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU doesn't allow audio recording without permission. I'm not sure I could be wrong. Maybe I can call him during office hours and let him know I am recording for the both of us? I think he will change his wording though.

LUPITA NYONGO

In The Bushes
Reaction score
Reactions
27,187 604 407
Alleybux
I was going to record our last call but I think the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU doesn't allow audio recording without permission. I'm not sure I could be wrong. Maybe I can call him during office hours and let him know I am recording for the both of us? I think he will change his wording though.

Stop calling. Email and CC your Dean and Chair due to his lack of written response regarding your lost work.

Sp0ttie0ttie

DopalisciousAngel
Reaction score
Reactions
70,776 1,239 687
Alleybux
Oh hello no. I can’t believe he had the nerve after HE lost your paper. What kind of professor does that?

Prettyeyes212

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
159,415 3,913 2,264
Alleybux

Do you have any documentation in email? Like when he told you he lost it, was it in email? Is there some form of documentation that you indeed did submit the paper

Put your MFing foot on his neck OP. He got you fµcked up. The audacity

Supreme Reign

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
216,012 2,370 1,272
Alleybux
Lawwwwd. I wish you had never accepted any phone calls from him. Going forward do not communicate with him via phone. If he wants to talk to you, tell him he has to e-mail you going forward.

Double check the General Data Protection Regulation since you said you "think." If you let him know you'll be recording him, he's going to be careful of his words so that won't help you.

Before sending an e-mail to your Dean and Department Chair, send your prof an e-mail that summarizes your communication thus far so you can begin documenting and having evidence to send to the people above. Something along the lines of, "Good evening Professor _____. As per our telephone conversation, the final paper I submitted to you was lost in transit as you were walking between class and another department. You've advised me to write another 11-page paper due by (enter date) as opposed to allowing me to re-submit the paper I submitted to you on the due date. It will be difficult for me to do so because **add what you want**....

All of this is just so that you have a paper trail of him admitting the events that have transpired thus far. If he tries to call, let the phone ring out. Respond back his missed call via E-MAIL not text, asking him what was the nature of his call/what's he want to say. If he does not want to communicate via e-mail this will look suspicious on his end and it will still be enough for you to send to all of the higher ups.

If you have anymore questions or anything OP, hit me up. Best wishes to you and DO NOT TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF OF THEIR NECKS! NEVER LET ANYONE BULLY YOU IN LIFE!

screena

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
311,865 5,214 824
Alleybux
Also, when you contact the dean, report your professor for taking illicit drugs because he's obviously smoking something to think this is OK.

I'm sitting here STUNNED that he would lose your paper, admit to losing your paper, but then require you to do extra work to cover up for his incompetence. Unbelievable.

I hope everything works out for you. Hopefully the professor will be reprimanded for his behavior, but I doubt it. I wonder how often he's done this before.

Incokneegrow

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
525,826 16,846 5,593
Alleybux
you better threaten his ass in writing that you will escalate it and cc his superiors to let him know whats up. tell him that due to his mishandling, you only want to communicate in writing to keep track of how this will be resolved

Chris Partlow

Quick and Clean
Reaction score
Reactions
287,133 4,917 4,011
Alleybux
Update: He has finally sent me an email at 12:05 AM saying that had I just written my essay in English so he can be able to read it, it wouldn't have gotten lost. We don't live in an English speaking country but I guess all of this could have been avoided
Oh he MUST be joking. Keep that email
And make sure you include it when you contact the dean.

Huelva

Reaction score
Reactions
19,571 1,416 35
Alleybux
Do you have any documentation in email? Like when he told you he lost it, was it in email? Is there some form of documentation that you indeed did submit the paper
Put your MFing foot on his neck OP. He got you fµcked up. The audacity
He just sent an email this morning (it's very late at night/early morning) saying had I written my essay in English so he could read it, it wouldn't have gotten lost. It is only a handful of English speaking professors here, the rest of them make an effort to communicate with us except for him.

popculturegirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,466 6,977 1,627
Alleybux
Oh hello no. I can’t believe he had the nerve after HE lost your paper. What kind of professor does that?

My thoughts exactly. Maybe he's trying to save face but you would think he'd be extremely apologetic about the whole thing. The student isn't to blame here.

For The Culture

LSA's Lady Whistledown
Reaction score
Reactions
262,040 4,102 1,980
Alleybux
Along with what everyone else had said, I would STOP answering calls from him and only communicate via email in the future...

ohhappyday

Champagne Mami
Reaction score
Reactions
780,305 19,262 2,880
Alleybux
Update: He has finally sent me an email at 12:05 AM saying that had I just written my essay in English so he can be able to read it, it wouldn't have gotten lost. We don't live in an English speaking country but I guess all of this could have been avoided:pensive:
Do you want me fight him?

Tell that entitled mf that even if you wrote the sh!t in Klingon, it’s HIS responsibility to keep up with it! If he has such a problem, tell his dumb ass to teach in an English speaking country! Does the syllabus explicitly say that papers must be written in English?? If not tell him to kiss your asssssss. He really got the nerve to be irresponsible AND be an entitled asshole?! Smh.

popculturegirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,466 6,977 1,627
Alleybux
I actually experienced something similar where a professor said I didn't turn in my midterm or final when I in fact did. And what's a shame is that that class was one of my favorites.

Prettyeyes212

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
159,415 3,913 2,264
Alleybux
He just sent an email this morning (it's very late at night/early morning) saying had I written my essay in English so he could read it, it wouldn't have gotten lost. It is only a handful of English speaking professors here, the rest of them make an effort to communicate with us except for him.

Girl I am about to fly to spain and whoop his ass. REPORT HIM TODAY PERIODDDD

sh!t is making my blood boil, the sheer AUDACITY of this man. I would cry about his discriminating me because of the language you are most comfortable in. You better get your white woman on

LoveyDove

Black market Daily Defense Tender Apple reseller
Reaction score
Reactions
88,740 2,274 98
Alleybux

Now that you have some written communication from him, forward this email and a recap of the situation to the dean, president of student affairs, etc. I wouldn't even bother to negotiate this with him further, because he may try to take this out on you with your grade if a higher-up isn't in the loop on the whole situation. He is very clearly in the wrong here.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom