Mystery of aaliyah's parents

sippin corona w/ my vatos
Reactions
12,820 306 238
Alleybux
Its funny, even as a child i actually always thought that it was weird that young people were singing sexual songs. I used to wonder what their parents thought about it lol. When i was little, i remember thinking that about mya, because she seemed so young but a lot of her songs were about sex...she had that best of me remix with jay z, the song with silk the shocker, 'my first night with you' and other songs. Idk how old she was, but i thought it was weird that she was singing songs like that. I remember watching aaliyah's 'if your girl only knew' video when i was like 9 or something, i there's a part where one of the dancers sucks on her finger. I knew she was like 17 or something like that, so i was like wow, thats weird.
Girl I was listening to mya’s All About Me and I got uncomfortable remembering she was 16 and sisqo grown ass singing about let me come inside !!! Disgusting. A teenage girl doing a lap dance for a grown man

Reactions
45,288 1,879 1,829
Alleybux
Girl I was listening to mya’s All About Me and I got uncomfortable remembering she was 16 and sisqo grown ass singing about let me come inside !!! Disgusting. A teenage girl doing a lap dance for a grown man
I had just edited my post to include that song, because that was one of main ones. Waaay inappropriate for someone her age to be singing. But i guess her parents were cool with it.

Reactions
13,173 1,451 2,159
Alleybux
Hallo keep forgetting that during the 90s no one cared about the age appropriate of the lyrics. Jason weaver was sining about making love to a woman from front to back at 12. If you go back to the blues and oldR&b. Old school most of them was singing inapporate music at trans. This is 2021 and folks want to look back 2p plus years and oases judgement but you not judge nor jury. Maya was raised by her dad, so if he felt she was being exploited he would have shut that shot down. She already stated she couldn't date until she was 18. Sisko is not that much older than her anyoneanyone why folks not going hard on these rappers for dating underage girls are hanging out with them specifically foxy brown who ran wbunch of grown men at 15.

Reactions
13,173 1,451 2,159
Alleybux
The examples you gave didn’t do well at defending her parents.

usher’s mom clearly sold out considering he was 13 living with p devil. Talking about fighting over Frosted Flakes in the morning and shit

monica’s parents also ain’t shit with her 15/16 year old ass dating grown ass men like c murder in their MID 20’s.

lil Kim was a street kid and so was FOXY who were both treated like grown women because their parents let them roam the streets unsupervised. Jay - Z clearly had a thing for the teenage ladies, I’m convinced Beyoncé was 17 not 19 when they met.

Sonya let Brandy’s ass date WANYA who was also well in his mid 20’s.

Aaliyah was surrounded by grown men attracted to her using the excuse that she was “mature” and yes her parents failed her. Listening to her music, im noticing her music was also too grown for her. After R Kelly, let’s not forget Timbaland and GINUWINE (and missy cause how you doing). She was a beautiful spirit and she was abused Period.
You talking about her parents as if everything you stated was facts? Of people know so much what happen between Aaliyah and Rkelky, why no speaking on it as fact but carefully using there words to not get sued. If memorie serves me correct, Aaliyah graduated from college early with a 4.0, so that doesn't suggest her parents sold her out. Her dad had a damn good job, so I don't know where you get they sold their daughter out for money, when Dianne signed her daughter to her damn brother record label. Most people would trust their child to be in a studio with a relative and not think anything supicious going on. Aaliyah appears to be enoyibg her life and had everything she wanted before her untimely death, so how again did her parents ruin her life? She had her biggest hits, once she got away for Rkelly, you can always tell folks who are not Aaliyah fans but want to attack her family. Her mama doing just right, don't speak on itllet meets just assume. I hope the brother keep her music unreleased, because y'all to disrespectful. Especially growing up in the 90s knowing it was not hard going to place s, without your parents knowing.

OLDHEAD
Reactions
47,395 986 88
Alleybux
Hallo keep forgetting that during the 90s no one cared about the age appropriate of the lyrics. Jason weaver was sining about making love to a woman from front to back at 12. If you go back to the blues and oldR&b. Old school most of them was singing inapporate music at trans. This is 2021 and folks want to look back 2p plus years and oases judgement but you not judge nor jury. Maya was raised by her dad, so if he felt she was being exploited he would have shut that shot down. She already stated she couldn't date until she was 18. Sisko is not that much older than her anyoneanyone why folks not going hard on these rappers for dating underage girls are hanging out with them specifically foxy brown who ran wbunch of grown men at 15.
yes i know that but that doesn't make it right. i remember being a kid in the 90s and arguing with my mom about the song content because in my young and innocent mind it was "just a song" and i wasn't having sex. but as a woman well into adulthood i find it cringy that a bunch of kids were given super mature and graphic content to sing. i am not judging the singers-technically they were just children trying to live a dream.

zodiac sign: sagiterrorist
Reactions
13,359 101 12
Alleybux
I don't think he owns the publishing from Blackground records anymore, or at least he doesn't own a majority stake anyore. you can't even get toni braxton's album that she did on the label either. what would be the point of holding that hostage unless it he no longer owns it?

this article does a decent job of explaining what happened to blackground records

Wow, that's a crazy article. Her uncle sounds insane! I really don't understand why anyone who has ownership of her music won't put it on streaming services? It's an easy cash grab, especially with how long the drought has been.

It sounds like he owns the masters for the first two albums but the three albums are each distributed by three separate labels. I'm guessing they all just can't agree on percentages of profit or something?

OLDHEAD
Reactions
15,846 481 301
Alleybux
It really was a different era back then. I was in Texas and there were teenage pregnancies, middle schoolers talking to high schoolers and just young girls being preyed on by older men in general. It was nothing to have an older guy approach you.

The craziest situations I knew was a girl I was friends with in the 5th grade having sex with an 18yr old, and a 15yr old in my hometown dating a 27yr old drug dealer. Its why Aaliyah and R.Kelly was never a huge shock to me back then.

As far as her parents, part of what I think happened was her parents trust in her, as she always seemed mature, and her parents trust in Aaliyahs uncle. He IS her mothers brother, and he did own the label. Its very possible Aaliyahs mother especially, trusted her successful brother, and Aaliyahs uncle, with her. If I had a daughter and my brother ran a label, I would feel a bit more at ease with her being around her family. I honestly think their guards were down because Barry was family and because Aaliyah was mature. Thats a very easy way for a situation to go down. The uncle isnt watching Aaliyah as close as a parent would, and the parents are not there 24/7 and trust the uncle, allowing Aaliyah the ability to possibly lie to them about her whereabouts or whats really going on. Her and R.Kelly most likely had a lot of alone time due to the situation and how they could duck and dodge because of it.

Reactions
30,978 584 233
Alleybux
I think it’s pretty clear what happened. They sold her to the industry and I believe that happens to a lot of children in entertainment. More than people realize
Exactly the part that angers me In the most 2021 people can’t use they’re common sense to see what these show biz parents do to their innocent kids because they want to get payed or have a certain lifestyle it’s so sick

As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing.
Reactions
40,770 1,606 1,729
Alleybux
The person from her family who talks the most is her brother, I don’t hear from anyone else.
I also think it’s possible she experienced sexual abuse growing up.
Do you mean by someone else other than R. Kelly? Because it was confirmed in the documentary that he raped her when she was 14.

As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing.
Reactions
40,770 1,606 1,729
Alleybux
Aaliyah's parents failed her. Not to mention her disgusting uncle who introduced her to R Kelly and continues to fuck with her legacy by keeping her music off streaming platforms. She deserved so much better.
Barry Hankerson. Her mother's brother. I still can't believe he was married to Gladys Knight.

I love Gladys.

A1gCqDvom2L.jpg

Reactions
44,693 1,027 264
Alleybux
I feel so drained after reading about Aaliyah and how unprotected she was as a kid. The draining part is how lightly her situation is always taken. Her parents are rarely blamed...
ps. I think her family stays quiet. Cause it’s in their best interest. They probably feel more secure that their skeletons will stay hidden in the closet. They’d hate to shake up someone and get receipts pulled out on them...just my opinion

dipped in honey, rolled in cinnamon n brown sugar
Reactions
1,541 40 10
Alleybux
At first I never really understood the obsession with Aaliyah because I didn't know much about her but when I listened to some songs and read a bit about her life, I feel for her. It was all so unfair

Reactions
5,975 330 582
Alleybux
Mya and Aaliyah were born the same year 1979. Mya was 18/19 when all about me was released (1998) idk where that font got age 24 from. a simple google search can easily clear up a lot of confusion in this thread lol
Yeah I don't know either. And I can remember at that time either she said or an article said she was 18.

The Culture

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Why are women not sympathetic to REAL trans women's plight
She claims to KNOW what a transwoman looks like when she sees them, but that would mean she is depending on sex stereotypes to determine someone’s...
Kholes quote ...... no w o r d s
Y'know, Khloe dear...therapy is cheaper then your self respect. Just sayin'. .
  • Poll
Shark Teeth, Lies and Grease: The Maryjane Byarm Story
Well dang, this is turning into To Catch a Scamming Influencer! or better yet Catch Maryjane if You Can! I usually lurk here but this is better...
What in the Kompa Afro steppin' subway clownery...
His page is mr_boris_becker That group of wannabe sugarbabies thou.
South Carolina Adds Firing Squads to Methods of Execution. Death Row Inmates Get To Choose...
I only approve of this method for rapist, pedophiles, serial killers, and men who are domestic abusers. Something tells me this isn't gonna be...
Jackie Aina Thread
lets lend a helping hand and get our shugamama back up on her feet. she tripped whilst doing a LHH inspired fotoshoo. :dontknow Who did the...
UPDATE Reddit Users Are LEGALLY Gaming The Stock Market...
Anyone that bought NSFW you can either send me a message or check the telegram they switched to a new contract and your coins were airdropped to...
Do y'all think pretty privilege helped Alicia Keys get as far in the industry as she did?
She did a good job at downplaying her looks in the early part of her career. That part. She is definitely very pretty but never led with her...
brand new london baddies ig girls industry socialites and models thread
and then you have ofb having altercations and knife fights in Selfridges yesterday then being arrested. Double Lz just had a daughter. this life...
UPDATE Brittany Byrd addresses JT with some love and light type shade; JT responds again
I just wanna know why My girl JT look like the Lion king in her little clapback clip? They really need to Ban ALL filters. She looks a mess...
Top Bottom