Quantcast

Mystery of aaliyah's parents

Bellz

$tanning myself
Reaction score
Reactions
68,006 3,185 2,481
Alleybux

I been seeing this guy around the internet for years, and he asks great questions.

Here, he is basically questioning why aaliyah's parents had been so quiet about her life, and he talks a little about her uncle, too.

Some very brief cliffs:

There is a clip of aaliyah saying her mom said she had xes appeal at 10 years old.

The mom wanted to be a singer, but after getting pregnant twice, she put her career on hold.

R kelly made a reference to aaliyah in a xesual song when she was 12.

Aaliyah was on the remix of 'your body's calling.'

The uncle in trying to restart blackground records again and he is working with a girl who recorded an aaliyah cover.

Basically, he questions why her parents never spoke out about her after her death, why they allowed the r Kelly thing to happen, and why her uncle isnt keeping aaliyah's legacy alive.

Last edited:

byanymeans

zodiac sign: sagiterrorist
Reaction score
Reactions
69,070 2,080 174
Alleybux
Aaliyah's mom telling her she has xes appeal at the age of 10 tells me all I need to know about her mother.

I understand they were quiet about R. Kelly because they don't want her legacy connected to him but that has failed since her music is kept off streaming services. It's terrible.

missmisha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
170,271 7,763 5,725
Alleybux
The person from her family who talks the most is her brother, I don’t hear from anyone else.
I also think it’s possible she experienced xesual abuse growing up.

Noir777

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,785 922 399
Alleybux
Her parents don't own her music
Aaliyah's mom telling her she has xes appeal at the age of 10 tells me all I need to know about her mother.

I understand they were quiet about R. Kelly because they don't want her legacy connected to him but that has failed since her music is kept off streaming services. It's terrible.

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,422 17,390 15,534
Alleybux
I dont even know how they look tbh. Its look they were always hidden. I knew of her brother, maybe her mom, but her dad was a mystery.

AKRising

A Rare GEM
Reaction score
Reactions
16,897 1,457 433
Alleybux
I saw this before and maybe another video and he does ask some good questions. And He wasnt biased or loopy af. But there are still so many questions about her life and her music that are crazy and sad. Things we’ll never know. I will continue to side eye her folks and majority of the people around her.

Livewirebae

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,540 1,249 574
Alleybux

I been seeing this guy around the internet for years, and he asks great questions.

Here, he is basically questioning why aaliyah's parents had been so quiet about her life, and he talks a little about her uncle, too.

Some very brief cliffs:

There is a clip of aaliyah saying her mom said she had xes appeal at 10 years old.

The mom wanted to be a singer, but after getting pregnant twice, she put her career on hold.

R kelly made a reference to aaliyah in a xesual song when she was 14.

The uncle in trying to restart blackground records again and he is working with a girl who recorded an aaliyah cover.

Basically, he questions why her parents never spoke out about her after her death, why they allowed the r Kelly thing to happen, and why her uncle isnt keeping aaliyah's legacy alive.

byanymeans

Reaction score
Reactions
69,070 2,080 174
Alleybux
Her parents don't own her music

I know, it's her uncle! I'm saying, with her later music not being on streaming services, it's left a hole in her legacy and with her family being so quiet, it hasn't helped. So what unfortunately gets the most attention lately has been the R. Kelly connection. It's unfortunate because that period of her life shouldn't be what people focus on the most.

They could do more with her image outside of music like Better makeup collections, merchandise, releasing BTS docs, etc.

Big Ellie

Formerly Mrs Jeremy Lin
Reaction score
Reactions
171,792 6,621 1,530
Alleybux
I mean I knew all I needed to know about her mom and late father when they let her as a CHILD marry that grown ass pedophile disgusting ass R.Kelly

Scorpio Jawn

Toucher of grass.
Reaction score
Reactions
174,316 8,839 1,514
Alleybux
Aaliyah's parents failed her. Not to mention her disgusting uncle who introduced her to R Kelly and continues to fµck with her legacy by keeping her music off streaming platforms. She deserved so much better.

stewpeas

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
102,889 5,265 4,061
Alleybux
Just shows you that there’s “parents” that will sell their child. What mother says her 10 year old has xes appeal? What parents selfishly desire their child’s success at any cost? That’s sick. RK’s disgusting ass mentioning her in the “Vibe” song. I never knew what he said back then so to hear it now I am disgusted. Then she would be in a studio alone with a bunch of men? Terrible and trifling.

exposingmama

Ja Morant is innocent!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
159,138 16,711 133
Alleybux
I dont even know how they look tbh. Its look they were always hidden. I knew of her brother, maybe her mom, but her dad was a mystery.
96588197-4EAD-4F7F-8F40-F21EE0A390E2.jpeg
C9B755C2-7CC4-4012-B8E3-DADE579CF76A.jpeg
021EE453-58EA-4C10-89BA-0E5F60939B12.jpeg

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,422 17,390 15,534
Alleybux
I am about to block somebody... I wish people would stop following me from thread to thread annoying me with their condescending attitudes... Ughh these 2020 fonts need to be exiled. no shade.

chanelframes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,501 2,174 1,362
Alleybux
It really just sounds like her whole family is sh!tty and abusive and I would not be surprised if they know more about her death. They're sketchy asf except for her brother.

gagirl01

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,544 11,378 2,132
Alleybux
R kelly made a reference to aaliyah in a xesual song when she was 14.

Make that 12! “She’s Got That Vibe” was released in 1991. Aaliyah was born in 1979.....
EC446096-E890-47EF-ACAD-2FB6EF30869F.jpeg

RoseGold1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
38,656 744 135
Alleybux
I think it’s pretty clear what happened. They sold her to the industry and I believe that happens to a lot of children in entertainment. More than people realize

StormStokes

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,269 2,369 107
Alleybux
I know, it's her uncle! I'm saying, with her later music not being on streaming services, it's left a hole in her legacy and with her family being so quiet, it hasn't helped. So what unfortunately gets the most attention lately has been the R. Kelly connection. It's unfortunate because that period of her life shouldn't be what people focus on the most.

They could do more with her image outside of music like Better makeup collections, merchandise, releasing BTS docs, etc.
I don't think he owns the publishing from Blackground records anymore, or at least he doesn't own a majority stake anyore. you can't even get toni braxton's album that she did on the label either. what would be the point of holding that hostage unless it he no longer owns it?

this article does a decent job of explaining what happened to blackground records

StormStokes

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,269 2,369 107
Alleybux
her dad died in 2012 or 2013. if memory serves me right, her father started having health issues around the second album (or after the first album, i can't remember exactly).

Tina Lawson

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
34,994 8,699 9,371
Alleybux
People need to stop, her mom choice of words was wrong but if you have a brain you would know she was referring v to the it factor and being g a triple threat. If Aaliyah thought people would take her mom innocent comment out of context, I'm sure she would not have mention it. Aaliyah mom has been battling her own illness and still grieving her child. Everyone knew what Rkelly was DLI g back in the day, so no need to try to play Judge to her parents. All of your favorite celebrities still worked with him and I do not see anyone calling them out so leave get family alone. If they had no problems with Aaliyah being with him, they would not have shut that sh!t down when they first found out. It sounds like Rkelly people trying to spin this Blame on everyone except the man who was sleeping with other minors as well. If they are going to call out Aaliyah sick msna, they better bring in Sonya, Usher mom as well as Monica mom. Those parents welling let their kids publicly date a grown as man, while Aaliyah parents ended it once they found out. No one has sh!t to say about Jay Z hanging with a 15 year old Foxy as well as Lil Kim old ass. To little to late, all of this should have been dealt with back in 1996. So I guess Marvin Gaye and Johnny Taylor up next.

P31Woman

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,866 274 219
Alleybux
I’m not surprised about Aaliyah’s parents. As long as she bought money in and took care of them they didn’t care what was happening. Trashy Parents exist.

flytraphaus

Solange on the Elevator
Reaction score
Reactions
138,004 5,192 3,076
Alleybux
People need to stop, her mom choice of words was wrong but if you have a brain you would know she was referring v to the it factor and being g a triple threat. If Aaliyah thought people would take her mom innocent comment out of context, I'm sure she would not have mention it. Aaliyah mom has been battling her own illness and still grieving her child. Everyone knew what Rkelly was DLI g back in the day, so no need to try to play Judge to her parents. All of your favorite celebrities still worked with him and I do not see anyone calling them out so leave get family alone. If they had no problems with Aaliyah being with him, they would not have shut that sh!t down when they first found out. It sounds like Rkelly people trying to spin this Blame on everyone except the man who was sleeping with other minors as well. If they are going to call out Aaliyah sick msna, they better bring in Sonya, Usher mom as well as Monica mom. Those parents welling let their kids publicly date a grown as man, while Aaliyah parents ended it once they found out. No one has sh!t to say about Jay Z hanging with a 15 year old Foxy as well as Lil Kim old ass. To little to late, all of this should have been dealt with back in 1996. So I guess Marvin Gaye and Johnny Taylor up next.
The examples you gave didn’t do well at defending her parents.

usher’s mom clearly sold out considering he was 13 living with p devil. Talking about fighting over Frosted Flakes in the morning and sh!t

monica’s parents also ain’t sh!t with her 15/16 year old ass dating grown ass men like c murder in their MID 20’s.

lil Kim was a street kid and so was FOXY who were both treated like grown women because their parents let them roam the streets unsupervised. Jay - Z clearly had a thing for the teenage ladies, I’m convinced Beyoncé was 17 not 19 when they met.

Sonya let Brandy’s ass date WANYA who was also well in his mid 20’s.

Aaliyah was surrounded by grown men attracted to her using the excuse that she was “mature” and yes her parents failed her. Listening to her music, im noticing her music was also too grown for her. After R Kelly, let’s not forget Timbaland and GINUWINE (and missy cause how you doing). She was a beautiful spirit and she was abused Period.

TammyK

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
471 36 31
Alleybux
Yea, I’m shocked you guys brought this up. The other day I was watching Vladtv, and one of R.Kelly’s accusers said that R.Kelly was having xes with her mom while Aaliyah would be upstairs asleep. Because her mom was xesually attracted to him that would have xes on the couch in the living room.

When I heard that my mouth literally dropped. Like this is some foul sh!t if this is true!

StormStokes

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,269 2,369 107
Alleybux

usher’s mom clearly sold out considering he was 13 living with p devil. Talking about fighting over Frosted Flakes in the morning and sh!t

monica’s parents also ain’t sh!t with her 15/16 year old ass dating grown ass men like c murder in their MID 20’s.

lil Kim was a street kid and so was FOXY who were both treated like grown women because their parents let them roam the streets unsupervised. Jay - Z clearly had a thing for the teenage ladies, I’m convinced Beyoncé was 17 not 19 when they met.

Aaliyah was surrounded by grown men attracted to her using the excuse that she was “mature” and yes her parents failed her. Listening to her music, im noticing her music was also too grown for her. After R Kelly, let’s not forget Timbaland and GINUWINE (and missy cause how you doing). She was a beautiful spirit and she was abused Period.
and that grown ass lead single, can u get wit it usher was singing. why in the world did people think it was ok for a 14 year old to sing that. everyone knew he was 14. his age was clearly part of his marketing with his first album

tevin campbell is another one that had a really grown song on his album. he said they recorded it when his mom wasn't around but it is weird to me they would even think to ask a kid to sing a song like that with a woman having orgasms in the background. (the song was called shhhh)

when i was young i didn't think much about it but now that i am older i cringe hard at a lot of the music teenagers were putting out in the 90s. like why?

Bellz

$tanning myself
Reaction score
Reactions
68,006 3,185 2,481
Alleybux
Yea, I’m shocked you guys brought this up. The other day I was watching Vladtv, and one of R.Kelly’s accusers said that R.Kelly was having xes with her mom while Aaliyah would be upstairs asleep. Because her mom was xesually attracted to him that would have xes on the couch in the living room.

When I heard that my mouth literally dropped. Like this is some foul sh!t if this is true!
Ive heard that rumor. It sounds very bizarre. Like, if it were true, where was the father at while this was going on?

I kinda hate to speculate on stuff like this, but there's just so much mystery around the subject. And like the guy in the video said, when people (aaliyahs family) dont set the record straight, the fans start to try and piece together the story themselves.

Bellz

$tanning myself
Reaction score
Reactions
68,006 3,185 2,481
Alleybux
and that grown ass lead single, can u get wit it usher was singing. why in the world did people think it was ok for a 14 year old to sing that. everyone knew he was 14. his age was clearly part of his marketing with his first album

tevin campbell is another one that had a really grown song on his album. he said they recorded it when his mom wasn't around but it is weird to me they would even think to ask a kid to sing a song like that with a woman having orgasms in the background. (the song was called shhhh)

when i was young i didn't think much about it but now that i am older i cringe hard at a lot of the music teenagers were putting out in the 90s. like why?
Its funny, even as a child i actually always thought that it was weird that young people were singing xesual songs. I used to wonder what their parents thought about it lol. When i was little, i remember thinking that about mya, because she seemed so young but a lot of her songs were about xes...she had that best of me remix with jay z, the song with silk the shocker, 'my first night with you,' and the song with sisco. Idk how old she was, but i thought it was weird that she was singing songs like that. I remember watching aaliyah's 'if your girl only knew' video when i was like 9 or something, i there's a part where one of the dancers sucks on her finger. I knew she was like 17 or something like that, so i was like wow, thats weird.

flytraphaus

Solange on the Elevator
Reaction score
Reactions
138,004 5,192 3,076
Alleybux
Its funny, even as a child i actually always thought that it was weird that young people were singing xesual songs. I used to wonder what their parents thought about it lol. When i was little, i remember thinking that about mya, because she seemed so young but a lot of her songs were about xes...she had that best of me remix with jay z, the song with silk the shocker, 'my first night with you' and other songs. Idk how old she was, but i thought it was weird that she was singing songs like that. I remember watching aaliyah's 'if your girl only knew' video when i was like 9 or something, i there's a part where one of the dancers sucks on her finger. I knew she was like 17 or something like that, so i was like wow, thats weird.
Girl I was listening to mya’s All About Me and I got uncomfortable remembering she was 16 and sisqo grown ass singing about let me come inside !!! Disgusting. A teenage girl doing a lap dance for a grown man

Bellz

$tanning myself
Reaction score
Reactions
68,006 3,185 2,481
Alleybux
Girl I was listening to mya’s All About Me and I got uncomfortable remembering she was 16 and sisqo grown ass singing about let me come inside !!! Disgusting. A teenage girl doing a lap dance for a grown man
I had just edited my post to include that song, because that was one of main ones. Waaay inappropriate for someone her age to be singing. But i guess her parents were cool with it.

Tina Lawson

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
34,994 8,699 9,371
Alleybux
Hallo keep forgetting that during the 90s no one cared about the age appropriate of the lyrics. Jason weaver was sining about making love to a woman from front to back at 12. If you go back to the blues and oldR&b. Old school most of them was singing inapporate music at trans. This is 2021 and folks want to look back 2p plus years and oases judgement but you not judge nor jury. Maya was raised by her dad, so if he felt she was being exploited he would have shut that shot down. She already stated she couldn't date until she was 18. Sisko is not that much older than her anyoneanyone why folks not going hard on these rappers for dating underage girls are hanging out with them specifically foxy brown who ran wbunch of grown men at 15.

Tina Lawson

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
34,994 8,699 9,371
Alleybux

You talking about her parents as if everything you stated was facts? Of people know so much what happen between Aaliyah and Rkelky, why no speaking on it as fact but carefully using there words to not get sued. If memorie serves me correct, Aaliyah graduated from college early with a 4.0, so that doesn't suggest her parents sold her out. Her dad had a damn good job, so I don't know where you get they sold their daughter out for money, when Dianne signed her daughter to her damn brother record label. Most people would trust their child to be in a studio with a relative and not think anything supicious going on. Aaliyah appears to be enoyibg her life and had everything she wanted before her untimely death, so how again did her parents ruin her life? She had her biggest hits, once she got away for Rkelly, you can always tell folks who are not Aaliyah fans but want to attack her family. Her mama doing just right, don't speak on itllet meets just assume. I hope the brother keep her music unreleased, because y'all to disrespectful. Especially growing up in the 90s knowing it was not hard going to place s, without your parents knowing.

Enlightenment00

Practice Radical Empathy
Reaction score
Reactions
53,409 2,803 635
Alleybux

Somebody in the comments said they didn't want her labeled as a teeny bopper act so that's why they hid her age and had her singing this at 14.

StormStokes

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,269 2,369 107
Alleybux
Hallo keep forgetting that during the 90s no one cared about the age appropriate of the lyrics. Jason weaver was sining about making love to a woman from front to back at 12. If you go back to the blues and oldR&b. Old school most of them was singing inapporate music at trans. This is 2021 and folks want to look back 2p plus years and oases judgement but you not judge nor jury. Maya was raised by her dad, so if he felt she was being exploited he would have shut that shot down. She already stated she couldn't date until she was 18. Sisko is not that much older than her anyoneanyone why folks not going hard on these rappers for dating underage girls are hanging out with them specifically foxy brown who ran wbunch of grown men at 15.
yes i know that but that doesn't make it right. i remember being a kid in the 90s and arguing with my mom about the song content because in my young and innocent mind it was "just a song" and i wasn't having xes. but as a woman well into adulthood i find it cringy that a bunch of kids were given super mature and graphic content to sing. i am not judging the singers-technically they were just children trying to live a dream.

byanymeans

Reaction score
Reactions
69,070 2,080 174
Alleybux
I don't think he owns the publishing from Blackground records anymore, or at least he doesn't own a majority stake anyore. you can't even get toni braxton's album that she did on the label either. what would be the point of holding that hostage unless it he no longer owns it?

this article does a decent job of explaining what happened to blackground records

Wow, that's a crazy article. Her uncle sounds insane! I really don't understand why anyone who has ownership of her music won't put it on streaming services? It's an easy cash grab, especially with how long the drought has been.

It sounds like he owns the masters for the first two albums but the three albums are each distributed by three separate labels. I'm guessing they all just can't agree on percentages of profit or something?

News Alley

General Alley

Top Bottom