Mystery of aaliyah's parents

tzt2003

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
60,471 6,100 2,904
Alleybux
It really was a different era back then. I was in Texas and there were teenage pregnancies, middle schoolers talking to high schoolers and just young girls being preyed on by older men in general. It was nothing to have an older guy approach you.

The craziest situations I knew was a girl I was friends with in the 5th grade having xes with an 18yr old, and a 15yr old in my hometown dating a 27yr old drug dealer. Its why Aaliyah and R.Kelly was never a huge shock to me back then.

As far as her parents, part of what I think happened was her parents trust in her, as she always seemed mature, and her parents trust in Aaliyahs uncle. He IS her mothers brother, and he did own the label. Its very possible Aaliyahs mother especially, trusted her successful brother, and Aaliyahs uncle, with her. If I had a daughter and my brother ran a label, I would feel a bit more at ease with her being around her family. I honestly think their guards were down because Barry was family and because Aaliyah was mature. Thats a very easy way for a situation to go down. The uncle isnt watching Aaliyah as close as a parent would, and the parents are not there 24/7 and trust the uncle, allowing Aaliyah the ability to possibly lie to them about her whereabouts or whats really going on. Her and R.Kelly most likely had a lot of alone time due to the situation and how they could duck and dodge because of it.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
69,255 1,928 444
Alleybux
I think it’s pretty clear what happened. They sold her to the industry and I believe that happens to a lot of children in entertainment. More than people realize
Exactly the part that angers me In the most 2021 people can’t use they’re common sense to see what these show biz parents do to their innocent kids because they want to get payed or have a certain lifestyle it’s so sick

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
The person from her family who talks the most is her brother, I don’t hear from anyone else.
I also think it’s possible she experienced xesual abuse growing up.
Do you mean by someone else other than R. Kelly? Because it was confirmed in the documentary that he raped her when she was 14.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
Aaliyah's parents failed her. Not to mention her disgusting uncle who introduced her to R Kelly and continues to fµck with her legacy by keeping her music off streaming platforms. She deserved so much better.
Barry Hankerson. Her mother's brother. I still can't believe he was married to Gladys Knight.

I love Gladys.

A1gCqDvom2L.jpg

Temptress

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,567 449 722
Alleybux
Girl I was listening to mya’s All About Me and I got uncomfortable remembering she was 16 and sisqo grown ass singing about let me come inside !!! Disgusting. A teenage girl doing a lap dance for a grown man
I think Mya was 18.

gossipshawty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,834 2,053 454
Alleybux
I feel so drained after reading about Aaliyah and how unprotected she was as a kid. The draining part is how lightly her situation is always taken. Her parents are rarely blamed...
ps. I think her family stays quiet. Cause it’s in their best interest. They probably feel more secure that their skeletons will stay hidden in the closet. They’d hate to shake up someone and get receipts pulled out on them...just my opinion

bellabissina

choco socialite
Reaction score
Reactions
2,235 62 20
Alleybux
At first I never really understood the obsession with Aaliyah because I didn't know much about her but when I listened to some songs and read a bit about her life, I feel for her. It was all so unfair

Temptress

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,567 449 722
Alleybux
Mya and Aaliyah were born the same year 1979. Mya was 18/19 when all about me was released (1998) idk where that font got age 24 from. a simple google search can easily clear up a lot of confusion in this thread lol
Yeah I don't know either. And I can remember at that time either she said or an article said she was 18.

Tina Lawson

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
34,994 8,699 9,371
Alleybux
I don't know why people acting so surprised, have that same energy for Sonja Norwood who gave her daughter permission to date Wanya at 15.

Jojo Jacob

If I'm a drink, your'e my lemon squeeze
Reaction score
Reactions
1,893 170 101
Alleybux
This might be an unpopular opinion but I feel like we need to stop bashing her mom. We honestly don't know the full details of what happened

Last edited:

County4Life

Somewhere with Remy.
Reaction score
Reactions
492,627 7,537 2,270
Alleybux
This might be an unpopular opinion but I feel like we need to stop bashing her mom. We honestly don't know the full details of Aaliyah and R.Kelly's relationship.

I mean even Jim Derogatis who interviewed all his managers or people close to him said that they had genuine feelings about each other. R.Kelly is still a disgusting predator and pedophile but him and Aaliyah might have actually been in love and it didn't work out I guess.

Yes, it is unpopular.

What in the entire apologist fµck is this?

No, fµck they did not have a relationship. She was a CHILD he likely had been molesting since he met her. He was twenty fµck!ng seven years old.

Her parents weren't sh!t. Statutory rape laws guaranteed he would've been sent to jail. He might have gotten Fed charges since he took a minor across state lines to marry her had they pursued him. Instead, they did absolutely nothing.

Do you fµck!ng hear yourself?

This is why Black girls are victimized and nobody does anything/cares. The adultification of our girls leads to bµllsh!t like what you posted. You are talking about a at the time FIFTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL who he had known since she was thirteen like she was a fully grown woman. Disgusting.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,197 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
The person from her family who talks the most is her brother, I don’t hear from anyone else.
I also think it’s possible she experienced xesual abuse growing up.
Who? Her mother or Aaliyah, I mean the latter is kinda a no brainer given the R Kelly connection.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,197 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
I know, it's her uncle! I'm saying, with her later music not being on streaming services, it's left a hole in her legacy and with her family being so quiet, it hasn't helped. So what unfortunately gets the most attention lately has been the R. Kelly connection. It's unfortunate because that period of her life shouldn't be what people focus on the most.

They could do more with her image outside of music like Better makeup collections, merchandise, releasing BTS docs, etc.
I think had her family done that, Hank would have had no choice but to make Aaliyah’s music available because the interest would have been that strong. That’s in part why I think he’s made a deal now...there’s a lot of “new” buzz around Aaliyah in the media—unfortunately due to R Kelly and the confirmation that they were married while she was still a child.

But I think what it all comes down to, is the mother not wanting a spotlight shined on her—with people questioning why or how she could have allowed her child to be in the circumstances she was in with R Kelly. I’ve heard a few people try to blame Aaliyah for being hard headed, stubborn and fast when she was 15–choosing to be with R Kelly, but even if that were true, she still was a damn child. You can’t be a present and responsible parent if your 15 year old is able to fly all the way to Hawaii to get married/have a honeymoon with a 31 year old. Furthermore, this whole situation with R Kelly, and his harem of young, underage girls smells like a lot of parents choosing to sell their children in hopes of fame—including Aaliyah’s mom.

My question with all of this is wtf was her dad in all of this? They never mention her dad, yet her parents were married.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,197 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
Just shows you that there’s “parents” that will sell their child. What mother says her 10 year old has xes appeal? What parents selfishly desire their child’s success at any cost? That’s sick. RK’s disgusting ass mentioning her in the “Vibe” song. I never knew what he said back then so to hear it now I am disgusted. Then she would be in a studio alone with a bunch of men? Terrible and trifling.
It’s sad, cuz it makes me think back to the shady ass comment Brady made another Aaliyah being basically fast with men.

In context now, I wonder how she feels. It’s clear Aaliyah was abused and taken advantage of by these older, ADULT men and women who either directly abused her, or indirectly abused her, by allowing this behavior to go on.

malloryor

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,197 2,102 2,985
Alleybux
People need to stop, her mom choice of words was wrong but if you have a brain you would know she was referring v to the it factor and being g a triple threat. If Aaliyah thought people would take her mom innocent comment out of context, I'm sure she would not have mention it. Aaliyah mom has been battling her own illness and still grieving her child. Everyone knew what Rkelly was DLI g back in the day, so no need to try to play Judge to her parents. All of your favorite celebrities still worked with him and I do not see anyone calling them out so leave get family alone. If they had no problems with Aaliyah being with him, they would not have shut that sh!t down when they first found out. It sounds like Rkelly people trying to spin this Blame on everyone except the man who was sleeping with other minors as well. If they are going to call out Aaliyah sick msna, they better bring in Sonya, Usher mom as well as Monica mom. Those parents welling let their kids publicly date a grown as man, while Aaliyah parents ended it once they found out. No one has sh!t to say about Jay Z hanging with a 15 year old Foxy as well as Lil Kim old ass. To little to late, all of this should have been dealt with back in 1996. So I guess Marvin Gaye and Johnny Taylor up next.
Aaliyah was groomed around the age of 11-12 to be proud of having a sexuality, before she even hit PUBERTY, her mom was talking to her about xes appeal.

As someone who was xesually abused, imma make this very clear, cuz I’m tired of people running their mouths about xesual abuse victims like they get the mentality when they DO NOT. A lot of victims of abuse will speak on it and have no idea how even little opinions like “you have xes appeal at 10” is harmful. Aaliyah, probably did innocently reveal that comment, it doesn’t negate the fact that her mother was inappropriate in planting that seed in her child’s mind and making it acceptable for her child to be sexualized at mfing 10!

Her mother is also a grown ass woman—she was either in her 40s or pushing it when she made that comment about her child. There was no slip of tongue, or misunderstanding, or taking things out of context. Saying you have the “IT FACTOR” vs “you’ve been sexy since 10” hold TWO VERY DIFFERENT implications.

And had she not been so focused on sexualizing her child, Aaliyah wouldn’t have ended up married to a child predator at 15. Like you can’t dismiss words and subsequent actions and act like all of this was plain misfortune and coincidence!

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
69,255 1,928 444
Alleybux
I think had her family done that, Hank would have had no choice but to make Aaliyah’s music available because the interest would have been that strong. That’s in part why I think he’s made a deal now...there’s a lot of “new” buzz around Aaliyah in the media—unfortunately due to R Kelly and the confirmation that they were married while she was still a child.

But I think what it all comes down to, is the mother not wanting a spotlight shined on her—with people questioning why or how she could have allowed her child to be in the circumstances she was in with R Kelly. I’ve heard a few people try to blame Aaliyah for being hard headed, stubborn and fast when she was 15–choosing to be with R Kelly, but even if that were true, she still was a damn child. You can’t be a present and responsible parent if your 15 year old is able to fly all the way to Hawaii to get married/have a honeymoon with a 31 year old. Furthermore, this whole situation with R Kelly, and his harem of young, underage girls smells like a lot of parents choosing to sell their children in hopes of fame—including Aaliyah’s mom.

My question with all of this is wtf was her dad in all of this? They never mention her dad, yet her parents were married.
The end is my same thoughts !

County4Life

Somewhere with Remy.
Reaction score
Reactions
492,627 7,537 2,270
Alleybux
Aaliyah was groomed around the age of 11-12 to be proud of having a sexuality, before she even hit PUBERTY, her mom was talking to her about xes appeal.

As someone who was xesually abused, imma make this very clear, cuz I’m tired of people running their mouths about xesual abuse victims like they get the mentality when they DO NOT. A lot of victims of abuse will speak on it and have no idea how even little opinions like “you have xes appeal at 10” is harmful. Aaliyah, probably did innocently reveal that comment, it doesn’t negate the fact that her mother was inappropriate in planting that seed in her child’s mind and making it acceptable for her child to be sexualized at mfing 10!

Her mother is also a grown ass woman—she was either in her 40s or pushing it when she made that comment about her child. There was no slip of tongue, or misunderstanding, or taking things out of context. Saying you have the “IT FACTOR” vs “you’ve been sexy since 10” hold TWO VERY DIFFERENT implications.

And had she not been so focused on sexualizing her child, Aaliyah wouldn’t have ended up married to a child predator at 15. Like you can’t dismiss words and subsequent actions and act like all of this was plain misfortune and coincidence!

Thank you.

No child can seduce a grown ass man. No Black girl is fµck!ng "fast". That burns my very soul to hear.

The legacy of slavery when xesual stereotypes were used to justify mass rape towards enslaved Black girls and women survives with the "She fast" bµllsh!t.

It's the adultification of Black girls to justify their abuse. It's saying we want xes even as children just as rapists said during slavery. fµck!ng disgusting.

Her parents failed her. Period. This is a different era. People WILL question why her parents did absolutely nothing about her abuse. Piss Kelly should've been in jail. The logical conclusion is either they didn't want Aaliyah to go through a trial against him OR like many other parents accepted money to be quiet. In this era, people would want an explanation. Since her family chooses to be quiet, I suspect Piss Kelly might have info they don't want known publicly.

DELETEMENOW

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
67,980 4,568 1,632
Alleybux
I think her mother is quiet because some nasty sh!t she doesn't want to get out went down...

Remember tasha k said on her show that Aaliyah's mother had a threesome with her daughter and r Kelly...and she has never gone after tasha k she never even denounced it or sued her for defamation and slander... she's kept quiet which leads me to believe this is true...

Fashionista9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,470 825 390
Alleybux
I believe the parents were too embarrassed to speak out because they know people know that they sold her out for fame. Them speaking out would make more things worse and so they decided not to speak out. Plus her mother doesn’t have any say in her legacy The Uncle Barry Hankerson is the only person in the family in charge of her legacy.

Dahalla

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,072 2,925 346
Alleybux
Girl I was listening to mya’s All About Me and I got uncomfortable remembering she was 16 and sisqo grown ass singing about let me come inside !!! Disgusting. A teenage girl doing a lap dance for a grown man
So disturbing, I recently was listening to Chris Brown’s Gimme Gimme and Run it and in both songs Chris emphasises being only 16 and being able to seduce and fµck older women better. Chris was also a teen living with a grown manager who slept with him. Hollywood is a disgusting place with a pedo problem and obsession with teenage xes. A lot of sh!t happened in the past that would never fly today in the public eye

Last edited:

Bellz

$tanning myself
Reaction score
Reactions
68,002 3,185 2,481
Alleybux
So disturbing, I recently was listening to Chris Brown’s Gimme Gimme and Run it and both songs Chris emphasises being only 16 and being able to seduce and fµck older women better. Chris was also a teen living with a grown manager who slept with him. Hollywood is disgusting and clearly has a pedo problem and obsession with teenage xes. A lot of sh!t happened in the past that would never fly today in the public eye
I remember when i was a kid i was listening to a tape by lil bow wow and he said something like "i got grown women trying to teach me about xes." I was like wth, he's only a kid. Yeah, there were a lot of kids singing about xes back then

Livewirebae

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,537 1,249 574
Alleybux
So disturbing, I recently was listening to Chris Brown’s Gimme Gimme and Run it and in both songs Chris emphasises being only 16 and being able to seduce and fµck older women better. Chris was also a teen living with a grown manager who slept with him. Hollywood is a disgusting place with a pedo problem and obsession with teenage xes. A lot of sh!t happened in the past that would never fly today in the public eye
His old manager that his mom let live with when he first got in the industry, the streets said she was having s3x with him.Chris Brown's 'booty call' in Rihanna beating blamed on manager Tina Davis

Livewirebae

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,537 1,249 574
Alleybux
I think her mother is quiet because some nasty sh!t she doesn't want to get out went down...

Remember tasha k said on her show that Aaliyah's mother had a threesome with her daughter and r Kelly...and she has never gone after tasha k she never even denounced it or sued her for defamation and slander... she's kept quiet which leads me to believe this is true...
To keep them from suing RK he gave them her Masters and I believe they own some of his.

Isisleo86

FKA williams86
Reaction score
Reactions
511,257 8,969 1,173
Alleybux
To keep them from suing RK he gave them her Masters and I believe they own some of his.

Her parents don't own her masters, her Uncle owns them. That's why they couldn't release her music and also why they have an issue with her uncle releasing her music because they don't get any money from the streams/sales.

I HIGHLY doubt her parents own any of R Kelly's masters either. Usually the record labels owns them until the artist buys them out.

nique71

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
347,489 8,758 3,183
Alleybux
I think they could have done a better job with her legacy. But as we have come to learn her uncle owned everything and from what we now know he is a narcissist sociopath.

Livewirebae

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,537 1,249 574
Alleybux
Her parents don't own her masters, her Uncle owns them. That's why they couldn't release her music and also why they have an issue with her uncle releasing her music because they don't get any money from the streams/sales.

I HIGHLY doubt her parents own any of R Kelly's masters either. Usually the record labels owns them until the artist buys them out.
I know people who worked in that camp and close to Rashad so unless you and I sat at the same table and broke bread you can’t tell me anything! You as part of the masses don’t know everything only what they want you to know. You do know 95% of the industry is an illusion hence the front of all things not pure!

AfroQueen91

My Black Is Beautiful
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
8,174 282 152
Alleybux
Her parents encouraged the relationship between her and R Kelly they claimed that they didn’t but they definitely did.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom