Quantcast

Nail Care Random Thoughts

Chaosbutterfly

Misappropriated Chanel
Reaction score
Reactions
42,259 867 306
Alleybux
It doesn't look like we have a random thoughts thread around here and I really feel like I need to complain about how Aliexpress has become way too expensive.

I'm putting together a cart for the 11.11 sale and these prices are outrageous.

Ppl want $2.50 for a single sheet of stickers.
Foils are up to like $4 and $5 a box.
The whole point of AEX is to buy direct, so you can get it for cheaper.
These are stateside prices.
I'm mad! I don't like this.

tenor.gif

That's all I had to say.

tenor.gif

Anyone else want to share. :unsure:

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
It doesn't look like we have a random thoughts thread around here and I really feel like I need to complain about how Aliexpress has become way too expensive.

I'm putting together a cart for the 11.11 sale and these prices are outrageous.

Ppl want $2.50 for a single sheet of stickers.
Foils are up to like $4 and $5 a box.
The whole point of AEX is to buy direct, so you can get it for cheaper.
These are stateside prices.
I'm mad! I don't like this.

tenor.gif

That's all I had to say.

tenor.gif

Anyone else want to share. :unsure:

The tea on the reddit forum about Aliexpress says that sellers boost their prices up and make you "think" you're getting a deal. Plus during this pandemic, my packages from China to the East coast are SLOOWWWW. i have 4 packages from Aliexpress and one that I ordered the first week of September and my package STILL isn't here.

Random thoughts:

I hate how poly gel gets all over my nail drills and makes them dull. It takes forever to clean as well.

I'm still learning with gel x and sometimes will get all my fingers except 1 or 2 without any air bubbles. I've seen this happen when I work with medium lengths since my nail beds are long, it's such a hassle to put on! I don't get the length I desire with medium but they still look cute!

Reaction score
Reactions
195,305 3,464 299
Alleybux
random nail thought (for my gel nail wearers):

where tf are y'all finding rubbing alcohol?? Everywhere I go to look for some is cleaned out and hasn't restocked for MONTHS since the whole pandemic. It's killing meeeeeeee lol

T R I N I T Y

Down South Hottie
Reaction score
Reactions
141,817 1,539 171
Alleybux

where tf are y'all finding rubbing alcohol?? Everywhere I go to look for some is cleaned out and hasn't restocked for MONTHS since the whole pandemic. It's killing meeeeeeee lol

i’ve found some at roses, walmart, Walgreens and another store nearby. Grab one each time and they had alcohol wipes at dollar tree too

Hot fries

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,233 1,022 72
Alleybux
I love dip nails because they last so long but the removal process is a pain. Even with acetone and warm water it still takes forever. I don’t get how some of them randomly pop off so easily

Reaction score
Reactions
9,073 326 31
Alleybux
Plus during this pandemic, my packages from China to the East coast are SLOOWWWW. i have 4 packages from Aliexpress and one that I ordered the first week of September and my package STILL isn't here.

Girl... I orderd some stuff in march and still havent got it. fµck ALIEXPRESS

tenor.gif

Chaosbutterfly

Misappropriated Chanel
Reaction score
Reactions
42,259 867 306
Alleybux

It's been restocking at my grocery store! Snatched like four bottles and went through self checkout, so nobody could tell me to put it back. :unsure:

I also got a gallon from Sam's Nail Supply online and a big spray bottle of it at the hardware store.

Reaction score
Reactions
195,305 3,464 299
Alleybux
It's been restocking at my grocery store! Snatched like four bottles and went through self checkout, so nobody could tell me to put it back. :unsure:

I also got a gallon from Sam's Nail Supply online and a big spray bottle of it at the hardware store.

wow I didn't even think to check places like Home Depot or Lowes (y)

Reaction score
Reactions
4,397 110 53
Alleybux
I love dip nails because they last so long but the removal process is a pain. Even with acetone and warm water it still takes forever. I don’t get how some of them randomly pop off so easily

I started doing builder gel underneath. No more pop offs. I just file the dip down to the builder gel layer and infill the builder gel, then dip over.

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,338 11,278 1,506
Alleybux
I’m WFH until next year and can’t figure out if it’s worth it to keep my acrylics.

Chaosbutterfly

Misappropriated Chanel
Reaction score
Reactions
42,259 867 306
Alleybux
Finally picked up a big girl nail drill lol

I love it! goes crazy fast but much quieter than my old drill

Yay congrats!
There is nothing like upgrading your efile, everything just be so much easier lol.
Which one did you get?

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,790 6,198 1,771
Alleybux
I am so overwhelmed with all the nail info but excited about doing my own nails. I did my
First full set and outside of the shaping
It’s not too bad!!! I’m looking for a bad ass blue color so I can do this look next

043FDB37-42F4-4199-B8C1-F81B912A35C0.jpeg

I’m totally feeling the curved nail look right now. So sexy!

DarlinNiki

Prince's Favorite Muse
Reaction score
Reactions
49,064 663 296
Alleybux
I am so overwhelmed with all the nail info but excited about doing my own nails. I did my
First full set and outside of the shaping
It’s not too bad!!! I’m looking for a bad ass blue color so I can do this look next

View attachment 2131579

I’m totally feeling the curved nail look right now. So sexy!

Essie has a blue shade similar to this. I think it’s called Butler, please.

Scorpion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,667 2,744 452
Alleybux
I started doing builder gel underneath. No more pop offs. I just file the dip down to the builder gel layer and infill the builder gel, then dip over.
I just bought a builder gel so I can do something like this. I haven't tried dip yet, but I have been doing gel polish manicures. I need an overlay to protect myself from getting those damn wretched hang nails.

Have you noticed an improvement in the health of your nails from doing this?

Reaction score
Reactions
195,305 3,464 299
Alleybux
How is it on low speed?

My drill still feels fast on low speed!

and how does it make a difference?

the lowest speed is 3000 RPMs I think all Melody Susies, even the $140 one starts at that speed

-the drill doesn't "vibrate" even at higher speeds.
-I don't get that "skipping" feel of the bits over the nail surface.
-The drill is very lightweight and easy to hold and control

Reaction score
Reactions
4,397 110 53
Alleybux
I just bought a builder gel so I can do something like this. I haven't tried dip yet, but I have been doing gel polish manicures. I need an overlay to protect myself from getting those damn wretched hang nails.

Have you noticed an improvement in the health of your nails from doing this?

Builder gel is great. Adds some strength. I have naturally weak nails, so find I need extra strength from dip as builder gel isn't strong enough for me!

Reaction score
Reactions
4,397 110 53
Alleybux
Random thoughts - why can't I stop buying nail stuff?! I never even went to the salon regularly prior to covid! Oh well, at least I'll always be engagement ring ready when I find a man :LOL:

Chaosbutterfly

Misappropriated Chanel
Reaction score
Reactions
42,259 867 306
Alleybux
I finally got my mystery box from Young Nails and I think I'm disappointed. :Cry

On one hand, they put monomer and a variety of acrylics, which I wanted. And they put a set of stamping stuff in, which was handy. I'd been wanting to get back into stamping, but didn't want to be bothered buying what I needed.

But there is alot of stuff in there that I did not need or want lmaoo like so much glitter. And some regular polishes, which I never wear anymore. And they put this huge bottle of hand sanitizer instead of the Swipe that I actually wanted.

Maybe if I didn't have the box from last year to compare with, I wouldn't be as disappointed.

Random thoughts - why can't I stop buying nail stuff?! I never even went to the salon regularly prior to covid! Oh well, at least I'll always be engagement ring ready when I find a man :LOL:

Girl, it's a slippery slope.
My goal for the first six months of next year is to not buy nail things, besides refilling the basics as needed.
I just need to sit in one place and use the meny meny meny menyyy supplies that I have.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
I finally got my mystery box from Young Nails and I think I'm disappointed. :Cry

On one hand, they put monomer and a variety of acrylics, which I wanted. And they put a set of stamping stuff in, which was handy. I'd been wanting to get back into stamping, but didn't want to be bothered buying what I needed.

But there is alot of stuff in there that I did not need or want lmaoo like so much glitter. And some regular polishes, which I never wear anymore. And they put this huge bottle of hand sanitizer instead of the Swipe that I actually wanted.

Maybe if I didn't have the box from last year to compare with, I wouldn't be as disappointed.

Girl, it's a slippery slope.
My goal for the first six months of next year is to not buy nail things, besides refilling the basics as needed.
I just need to sit in one place and use the meny meny meny menyyy supplies that I have.

I JUST GOT MY CHAUN LEGEND NAILS!! These babies are beautiful as hell! I compared them to my long ones from Apres and they are a little bit longer! This will be my first time having nails this long so I am a bit excited!!

This takes my boxes from Apres from 6 to 8 lmfao. I’m never running out of nails plus I’m not going to be buying anything nail related until next Black Friday like you unless I need refills on extend gel and primer. That’s about it. I have gel top coat to last me a couple of months if not another year.

I may start putting acrylic on my tips since I love the acrylic look but I don’t know. I’ve spent so much money on nails this year. I’m going to be reducing my stash to only Apres and selling all my Kiara Sky and EnailCouture nails!

Reaction score
Reactions
5,695 238 5
Alleybux
I tried glue on nails again and hated how they looked. I used to do them all the time. I want to paint my nails too but was trying to avoid chemicals. Also worried how the polish and hand sanitizer will dry my nails out even more.

Reaction score
Reactions
195,305 3,464 299
Alleybux
I JUST GOT MY CHAUN LEGEND NAILS!! These babies are beautiful as hell! I compared them to my long ones from Apres and they are a little bit longer! This will be my first time having nails this long so I am a bit excited!!

This takes my boxes from Apres from 6 to 8 lmfao. I’m never running out of nails plus I’m not going to be buying anything nail related until next Black Friday like you unless I need refills on extend gel and primer. That’s about it. I have gel top coat to last me a couple of months if not another year.

I may start putting acrylic on my tips since I love the acrylic look but I don’t know. I’ve spent so much money on nails this year. I’m going to be reducing my stash to only Apres and selling all my Kiara Sky and EnailCouture nails!

i would happily purchase ENC nails from you Im sure the shipping would be much quicker than Max lol

SchizoBun

Tarot Readings at ALDivination.etsy.com
Reaction score
Reactions
81,353 1,503 156
Alleybux
I’m not fancy, but I would like to have nice nails and hands. I never really think about them, but when they’re neat and polished, I feel very good. I don’t need gel or anything like that. Just a nice color is fine by me.

I need to find a way to incorporate regular car into my schedule.

windchaser

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
130,704 7,548 341
Alleybux
Usually I'm a brights all year round kinda girl but I've been loving grays, muted blues, and olive green this Fall/Winter.

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,490 5,072 186
Alleybux
Girl you I had that problem back from 2012 - 2014, then I finally stopped, thank God, because I was getting out of control, that's for sure.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
I GOT SCAMMED!!!!!!!

I decided to be cheap for once and buy a SUNUV (or that's what I thought) off of eBay and when it arrived it wasn't it! I compared mine to the ones on Amazon and mine had only one title on the front while the original one has actually two!

I am returning this sh!t! This thang had me fooled!! I hope I can get my money back but I probably will since the seller states that I have 30 days to return it.

I also upgraded my nail drill to a Melody Susie one and I am so excited to try it out! I will be doing a really asian like nail when I take off my current set.

edit: I went ahead to just buy the original one as well. I upgraded everything I ownn plus got a nail dust collector which is amazing!!!

Reaction score
Reactions
195,305 3,464 299
Alleybux
^^oops, sorry to hear about the scam
I have a SUNUV lamp from Amazon and I don't care for it anymore. I am ordering a new lamp from a brand called Joytii. It's 20 dollars off of Amazon, 82W and it cures LED and UV gels

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
I have a SUNUV lamp from Amazon and I don't care for it anymore. I am ordering a new lamp from a brand called Joytii. It's 20 dollars off of Amazon, 82W and it cures LED and UV gels

Why don't you care for it anymore? What's wrong?

My lamp has a hard time curing gel now but I got it with my first gel nail polish set off of Amazon plus I've been looking at the SUNUV lamp for awhile so I am happy to receive it!

Chaosbutterfly

Misappropriated Chanel
Reaction score
Reactions
42,259 867 306
Alleybux

Why don't you care for it anymore? What's wrong?

My lamp has a hard time curing gel now but I got it with my first gel nail polish set off of Amazon plus I've been looking at the SUNUV lamp for awhile so I am happy to receive it!

I have a SunUV lamp and have gotten tired of it too!
It's 48W and a good quality lamp, but on Prime Day, I ordered one of those purple 86W lamps to try, and I got so spoiled lol.
The purple lamp just works so much faster, and I loved the two-lamp set up.

The purple lamp recently stopped working, so I had to return it, but I'm gonna order another brand with better reviews, so hopefully, it'll be better quality.

But SunUV is solid and worth the money, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
I have a SunUV lamp and have gotten tired of it too!
It's 48W and a good quality lamp, but on Prime Day, I ordered one of those purple 86W lamps to try, and I got so spoiled lol.
The purple lamp just works so much faster, and I loved the two-lamp set up.

The purple lamp recently stopped working, so I had to return it, but I'm gonna order another brand with better reviews, so hopefully, it'll be better quality.

But SunUV is solid and worth the money, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Damn y’all making me regret my purchase now lmfao.

I just like the look of this lamp:
71Szj-9sp0L._SL1200_.jpg

It screams simple but boogie!

Chaosbutterfly

Misappropriated Chanel
Reaction score
Reactions
42,259 867 306
Alleybux
Damn y’all making me regret my purchase now lmfao.

I just like the look of this lamp:
71Szj-9sp0L._SL1200_.jpg

It screams simple but boogie!

I have that exact one!
It's a good lamp lmaoo, you shouldn't regret it.

The stronger ones cure faster, but they expose your hands to more UV too, so it's a trade off.

NahBruh

It is what it is..
Reaction score
Reactions
14,780 1,098 70
Alleybux

Sam's club

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,300 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
I have that exact one!
It's a good lamp lmaoo, you shouldn't regret it.

The stronger ones cure faster, but they expose your hands to more UV too, so it's a trade off.

I bought some UV gloves to do my nails with so my hands aren't exposed to much UV light at all!

Anyone a stiletto girl here? I wonder how stiletto nails are. I'm thinking about buying the long sculpted stiletto nails from Apres but I don't want to spend that money and not like the stilettos. I've always been a square girl. Just this year I have been branching out to other shapes.

@Chaosbutterfly when you going to put your Chaun Legend tips on girl? I just passed two weeks for me with these nails and I am going to wear them another week lmfao. I love these nails so much since they have the perfect apex. I am going back to almonds after this with the Apres Britney Tokyo Round Mediums but I love the chaun legends tips so muchhh.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom